Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Antonio Brown - Official Thread

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

( •_•)     Seems like Antonio Brown got...       ( •_•)>⌐■-■         (⌐■_■) ...cold feet

He probably got Cold Feet 

It looks like Adam Schefter added Antonio Brown to his fantasy team before breaking the news @Joe Bryant - note to self: never play in a fantasy football league with Adam Schefter 

1 minute ago, The General said:

Didn’t practice today. Sound the alarms. 

My alarms went off. MNF game and most places I got no backup plan.

If I don't get some kind of comforting updates from a reliable source before my Sunday options are off the table I think I got to sit him.

What really got me a little nervous yesterday, other then all toe injuries make me nervous, was they they described him as returning "soon" and something else I read said he would not be out long.  Both of those comments could be construed as missing some game time.

This guy is so healthy all the time I kind of take it for granted.

Yup. Hard to be confident he’s playing so unless you have Cincy or Steeler backup you are forced to decide to bench.

kicking myself for not getting Bryant when this popped up. I got sucked in my the “he’s fine” stuff. Should have planned for the worst.

My personal backups are Greg Olsen or Corey Coleman. Yuck. Unless there are some miracle reports I’m probably benching him for one of those scrubs.

He hasn’t had the greatest games against Cincy lately :desperatelylookingforbrightside:

15 minutes ago, travdogg said:

I'm not sure Brown being out would be a boost to anyone else. More likely, the passing game just gets shut down by the Bengals. 

It's a bump for JuJu

• Like 2

Quite problematic being a Monday night game for FFPC leagues since there is no back up plan for most teams unless you also own Bryant or a guy like Kroft.  No waivers so your either playing him and praying for your championship game or your putting in another guy.

50 minutes ago, travdogg said:

I'm not sure Brown being out would be a boost to anyone else. More likely, the passing game just gets shut down by the Bengals. 

Seems like a no brainer boost for both JuJu and Martavis.  Even if they go run heavy they'll still likely throw 25+ passes in the game, and AB would have likely had 8-12 of those targets if not more.  They go to someone, plus the first read on passing plays now becomes one of those two on many plays where they would have been a secondary read.

1 hour ago, Deamon said:

Will Eli's targets go way up in his absense?  Can't sit him this week, I need to hold out hope until MOnday.   Might grab Eli or Lafell.  Ugh.

ugh is right..I picked up lafell....bengals have to throw to score, even if brown doesn't play, rogers too far down the list (bell,juju, bryant, james) to count on..

All that being said, I think he plays.  When they announced a "minor' injury yesterday in no way did I expect him to practice today, so this news does not change my outlook.

1 minute ago, SameSongNDance said:

Any injury that forces you to miss time at this point in the fantasy season is ####### awful. I don't need him until week 15 and I'm legitimately worried.

Same boat here. I just hope he heals up by week 15..

My opponent has a fair number of players going at 1:00 on Sunday. If his early results are strong, I will likely sit Brown for Duke Johnson. If I appear to be in the driver's seat, I may leave Brown in.

1 hour ago, habsfan said:

My opponent has a fair number of players going at 1:00 on Sunday. If his early results are strong, I will likely sit Brown for Duke Johnson. If I appear to be in the driver's seat, I may leave Brown in.

I would do the opposite.  Ha

• Like 1

The pic looks like there’s a bruise on his big toenail.  Maybe somebody stepped on it.   Guy like AB doesn’t need to practice to  play.  If it hurts at all he’s probably got a pass to just rest.  Problem is the Monday game.  Sucks 

• Like 1

Well this is a bull#### scenario for many owners. (Its affecting me in one significant must-win)

I don't exactly have other good options, but going over a few waiver wires, I did come up with a few "last minute dart throws". Some other guys you might can slide in if Brown doesn't play at the last minute might be............ Eli Rogers, Justin Hunter, or on the other side , Brandon LaFell or Tyler Boyd.

In other words, we are all FU^%&*.     :wall:

TZM

• Like 1

For what its worth, ELI ROGERS did get 7 targets last week.  7 Targets, 3 receptions for 21 yards.  0% owned in Yahoo leagues.

BRANDON LAFELL   had 6 targets and 3 catches for 33 yards. 5% owned in Yahoo leagues.

If Brown doesn't play, these are the type of last minute luminaries we might have to choose from.     :wall:

TZM

Ugh, I might be rolling out Funchess. Although I have M Bryant too, and could swap him in last minute if Brown is out. Looks like Brown has had good, not great games against the Bengals in the past.

2 hours ago, minister said:

Why share this picture?  I don't imagine AB would feel compelled to justify missing a practice.

"Preemptive explanation" before a DNP Monday night?

Maybe but also sometimes people share stuff just to share it, you know? 

39 minutes ago, barackdhouse said:

I'd rather wait til the last minute and go with Eli Rogers, if available, than Shepard. 

:no:, Shepard all day.

9 hours ago, barackdhouse said:

I'd rather wait til the last minute and go with Eli Rogers, if available, than Shepard. 

browns upside is worth a 5 point day from lafell or rogers...hell, i'd risk it for a 0.

Shepard with gee-NO ..might not hit 5pts

Great updates on everyone's teams the last ten posts.... Now can we find any tidbits if actual useful info? I've found nothing. Curious to me that on Friday the first to break this was a national NFL Network guy... Shefter had nothing on brown so far

18 minutes ago, iamkoza said:

Great updates on everyone's teams the last ten posts.... Now can we find any tidbits if actual useful info? 

It's a FF board. It happens.

It's Sunday morning, his game is mnf. Maybe we get some speculation later this morning, but we're not going to hear anything definitive today 

16 minutes ago, Cowboysfan8 said:

It's a FF board. It happens.

It's Sunday morning, his game is mnf. Maybe we get some speculation later this morning, but we're not going to hear anything definitive today 

Brown is out of bed and has consumed his first meal of the day.  

We'll probably hear if he's on the team plane today.

2 hours ago, JIMGET said:

browns upside is worth a 5 point day from lafell or rogers...hell, i'd risk it for a 0.

Shepard with gee-NO ..might not hit 5pts

Don't really want to argue AB is not a high upside guy but his last 5 games against Cincy listed in order of last played:

4/65

4/39

3/58

6/47

7/87

He mixed in 2 TD's in those games.

Only one WR has gone past 70 yards on Cincy since week 3, and that was 75 yards.

• Like 1