What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Antonio Brown, FA (3 Viewers)

Will Eli's targets go way up in his absense?  Can't sit him this week, I need to hold out hope until MOnday.   Might grab Eli or Lafell.  Ugh.

I'm not sure Brown being out would be a boost to anyone else. More likely, the passing game just gets shut down by the Bengals. 

Quite problematic being a Monday night game for FFPC leagues since there is no back up plan for most teams unless you also own Bryant or a guy like Kroft.  No waivers so your either playing him and praying for your championship game or your putting in another guy.

I'm not sure Brown being out would be a boost to anyone else. More likely, the passing game just gets shut down by the Bengals. 
Seems like a no brainer boost for both JuJu and Martavis.  Even if they go run heavy they'll still likely throw 25+ passes in the game, and AB would have likely had 8-12 of those targets if not more.  They go to someone, plus the first read on passing plays now becomes one of those two on many plays where they would have been a secondary read.

Will Eli's targets go way up in his absense?  Can't sit him this week, I need to hold out hope until MOnday.   Might grab Eli or Lafell.  Ugh.
ugh is right..I picked up lafell....bengals have to throw to score, even if brown doesn't play, rogers too far down the list (bell,juju, bryant, james) to count on..

All that being said, I think he plays.  When they announced a "minor' injury yesterday in no way did I expect him to practice today, so this news does not change my outlook.

@rayfitt1 3h3 hours ago

Injury report coming later but Ryan Shazier said he will play. Not looking good for Antonio Brown. Left the building with his kids.

Any injury that forces you to miss time at this point in the fantasy season is ####### awful. I don't need him until week 15 and I'm legitimately worried.

Start Baldwin, Shepard and Fitz or stick with the plan of benching Shepard and starting Brown?

This isn't a wdis, I was just wondering 

:unsure:

My opponent has a fair number of players going at 1:00 on Sunday. If his early results are strong, I will likely sit Brown for Duke Johnson. If I appear to be in the driver's seat, I may leave Brown in.

habsfan said:
My opponent has a fair number of players going at 1:00 on Sunday. If his early results are strong, I will likely sit Brown for Duke Johnson. If I appear to be in the driver's seat, I may leave Brown in.
I would do the opposite.  Ha

The pic looks like there’s a bruise on his big toenail.  Maybe somebody stepped on it.   Guy like AB doesn’t need to practice to  play.  If it hurts at all he’s probably got a pass to just rest.  Problem is the Monday game.  Sucks 

Well this is a bull#### scenario for many owners. (Its affecting me in one significant must-win)

I don't exactly have other good options, but going over a few waiver wires, I did come up with a few "last minute dart throws". Some other guys you might can slide in if Brown doesn't play at the last minute might be............ Eli Rogers, Justin Hunter, or on the other side , Brandon LaFell or Tyler Boyd.

In other words, we are all FU^%&*.      :wall:

TZM

For what its worth, ELI ROGERS did get 7 targets last week.  7 Targets, 3 receptions for 21 yards.  0% owned in Yahoo leagues.

BRANDON LAFELL   had 6 targets and 3 catches for 33 yards. 5% owned in Yahoo leagues.

If Brown doesn't play, these are the type of last minute luminaries we might have to choose from.     :wall:

TZM

Why share this picture?  I don't imagine AB would feel compelled to justify missing a practice.

"Preemptive explanation" before a DNP Monday night?

Ugh, I might be rolling out Funchess. Although I have M Bryant too, and could swap him in last minute if Brown is out. Looks like Brown has had good, not great games against the Bengals in the past.

Cowboysfan8 said:
Start Baldwin, Shepard and Fitz or stick with the plan of benching Shepard and starting Brown?

This isn't a wdis, I was just wondering 

:unsure:
I'd rather wait til the last minute and go with Eli Rogers, if available, than Shepard. 

My opponent has AB and I need to win to make the playoffs. Since his bench plays at 1 PM Sunday I'd love for him to play AB and he sits,

Picked up LaFell just in case.  Have better WRs going today, but AB's upside is too big to sit him for now.

Great updates on everyone's teams the last ten posts.... Now can we find any tidbits if actual useful info? I've found nothing. Curious to me that on Friday the first to break this was a national NFL Network guy... Shefter had nothing on brown so far

Great updates on everyone's teams the last ten posts.... Now can we find any tidbits if actual useful info? 
It's a FF board. It happens.

It's Sunday morning, his game is mnf. Maybe we get some speculation later this morning, but we're not going to hear anything definitive today 

It's a FF board. It happens.

It's Sunday morning, his game is mnf. Maybe we get some speculation later this morning, but we're not going to hear anything definitive today 
Brown is out of bed and has consumed his first meal of the day.  

We'll probably hear if he's on the team plane today.

browns upside is worth a 5 point day from lafell or rogers...hell, i'd risk it for a 0.

Shepard with gee-NO ..might not hit 5pts
Don't really want to argue AB is not a high upside guy but his last 5 games against Cincy listed in order of last played:

4/65

4/39

3/58

6/47

7/87

He mixed in 2 TD's in those games.

Only one WR has gone past 70 yards on Cincy since week 3, and that was 75 yards.

Great updates on everyone's teams the last ten posts.... Now can we find any tidbits if actual useful info? I've found nothing. Curious to me that on Friday the first to break this was a national NFL Network guy... Shefter had nothing on brown so far
Because we play fantasy football, and don't work for the Steelers. 

Speaking on NFL Sunday Countdown, ESPN's Adam Schefter said there's a "real question" of whether Antonio Brown (questionable, toe) will play Week 13 against the Bengals.

Brown was absent from practice on both Friday and Saturday, casting doubt on his status for Week 13. He'll likely come down to a game-time decision on Monday night, creating a difficult situation for owners in the final week of the fantasy regular season. As insurance, Brown owners would be wise to pick up Martavis Bryant in leagues where he's available.

Actually enjoying this. Own AB in two leagues, but have locked up the top seed in both of those leagues and it won't matter if he sits or plays. BUt in a third league, in the first week of playoffs, my opponent has him in his lineup :P

Don't really want to argue AB is not a high upside guy but his last 5 games against Cincy listed in order of last played:

4/65

4/39

3/58

6/47

7/87

He mixed in 2 TD's in those games.

Only one WR has gone past 70 yards on Cincy since week 3, and that was 75 yards.
well done

Users who are viewing this thread