What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Antonio Brown, FA (5 Viewers)

On Red Zone Channel, the NFL Network Fantasy guys just said that Ian Rappaport has heard that Brown's toe is not serious and he expects him to play tomorrow. 

On Red Zone Channel, the NFL Network Fantasy guys just said that Ian Rappaport has heard that Brown's toe is not serious and he expects him to play tomorrow. 
He said it was minor on Friday then Brown didn't practice Saturday and I saw some beat writers say that it didn't look good for Brown.

Did Rappaport give any info other?

FF Live Stefania Bell reporting the same... calling him a genuine game time decision... Steelers will evaluate in warmups if Brown is capable of being Brown.

He said it was minor on Friday then Brown didn't practice Saturday and I saw some beat writers say that it didn't look good for Brown.

Unless he's in a coma, I think I'll risk it. Couldn't live with myself starting Parker or Goodwin over him. 
I was thinking Parker if Landry was out but he’s good.  No Talib.  Silva’s matchup article says Parker should be the best wr option this game even if Parker played.   I picked up Eli Rogers so I can wait on ab and then pull the switch if necessary.  

Schef said it didnt look good either, not too long ago. An hour or so?

Or maybe he RT'd something. not sure.

Last edited by a moderator:

No, Rapoport wasn't on the show; the other "experts" were referencing him. They were probably referring to his day-old tweet, so I don't have much faith in them.

I don't envy anyone deciding on AB this week.

Has there been a report suggesting TURF toe... or do they all just say "toe"?

I can see waiting for Brown if you don't have another solid option. But I'm nervous that even if Brown plays, he'll be a decoy or possibly only playing limited snaps. At this point, I have 20-25 WR's I'd start over Brown right now. Including Shepard. 

Steelers can afford to lose this game, correct?

Everything they are trying to accomplish is still in play if they beat New England in week 15 (tied record, and holding the tie breaker).

I guess what I am saying is that the Steelers will need AB much more in week 15 than Monday night.

No, Rapoport wasn't on the show; the other "experts" were referencing him. They were probably referring to his day-old tweet, so I don't have much faith in them.
"Experts" run wild with this kind of stuff, inferring meaning way beyond the actual quotes or facts available. The hot take opportunity is way too important to let real information (or lack thereof) get in the way. 

Pretty much time to crap or get off the pot for those of us who don't have MNF backups.

Think I'm sitting him for Corey freaking Coleman. Eeeessh.

two articles for those of you stuck with AB like I am. I have Josh Gordon, but unlikely I put him in my lineup in the next 10 minutes in a must win week for me. And I don't have any backup options tomorrow and my waiver is locked in for the week. these two articles at least provide some 'logical' optimism though i am not familiar with either writers so this is at best for entertainment value one.

http://www.steelersdepot.com/2017/12/doctor-antonio-brown-toe-injury-inspires-sunday-speculation/

http://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/sports/profootballdoc/sd-sp-pfd-antonio-brown-toe-20171203-story.html

I need AB to score 19 points to win the regular season. I feel like Judge Smails..... "Ooohh Billy, Billy. This is a biggie. Don't let me down!"

Dizzy said:
Steelers can afford to lose this game, correct?

Everything they are trying to accomplish is still in play if they beat New England in week 15 (tied record, and holding the tie breaker).

I guess what I am saying is that the Steelers will need AB much more in week 15 than Monday night.
Not at all.  First, if the Steelers lose tonight they will only have a 2 game buffer over the Ravens for the division.  That makes the next weeks game against the Ravens a must win situation.  If they win tonight, they could lose to both the Ravens and Patriots and likely would still win the division.  Being a divisional game, this is pretty much a must-win situation.  Second, Jacksonville has the head-to-head tiebreaker over the Steelers so I think it would be in the Steelers best interest to maintain a 2 game lead over them.  

I consider tonight to be a must-win game for the Steelers if they want to remain in good shape for a bye.

Well good luck all.

I benched him yesterday in one league and will probably start JuJu over him tonight.

Luckily yesterdays terrible replacement didn't cost me the total points prize :)    

Not at all.  First, if the Steelers lose tonight they will only have a 2 game buffer over the Ravens for the division.  That makes the next weeks game against the Ravens a must win situation.  If they win tonight, they could lose to both the Ravens and Patriots and likely would still win the division.  Being a divisional game, this is pretty much a must-win situation.  Second, Jacksonville has the head-to-head tiebreaker over the Steelers so I think it would be in the Steelers best interest to maintain a 2 game lead over them.  

I consider tonight to be a must-win game for the Steelers if they want to remain in good shape for a bye.
It is an important game but I don't think it is worth risking AB.  If there is any chance at all he could further injure the toe then you let him sit.  I think the Steelers without AB have a good chance to beat the Bengals tonight.  The Ravens game is the bigger game anyway-- if you beat them at home the division is won, no matter what you do this week.

You bring up a good point about Jacksonville and the bye but I think it is a bit premature to worry about that.  Lots of football to be played

It is an important game but I don't think it is worth risking AB.  If there is any chance at all he could further injure the toe then you let him sit.  I think the Steelers without AB have a good chance to beat the Bengals tonight.  The Ravens game is the bigger game anyway-- if you beat them at home the division is won, no matter what you do this week.

You bring up a good point about Jacksonville and the bye but I think it is a bit premature to worry about that.  Lots of football to be played
I agree with all of this.  I was just responding to the poster's assertion that there wasn't much on the line for the Steelers tonight.  I think a win tonight all but secures the division (and takes the pressure a little off next week).  Of course lots of football to be played. It's a very important game but absolutely not worth risking a serious injury to AB.  Got to think big picture still.  

That's a fake Adam Schefter account.  Kind of important to look into who really tweets it and not just the name.

I need 1 point. 1 Fn point!!

i Have AB and Bryant. Really don't want to sweat this one out. 

I need 1 point. 1 Fn point!!

i Have AB and Bryant. Really don't want to sweat this one out. 
You have both playing, or must pick one? If must pick one, safest bet is Bryant.  Assuming 1 pt=10 yards, he should get you that, while with AB, there’s risk of a zero.

• Smile
Reactions: red

Users who are viewing this thread