What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Antonio Brown, FA (5 Viewers)

I started Gordon over him. Won and needed to not give up more than 24 points of ground va another guy. Had I started AB I would have won the division and bye. :(  Never will bench him again. Unlesss declared out.

Did you watch his post game interview?  Looked great, happy, energetic, etc. No ill effects of head or toe.
I'm concerned that it's not always an immediate effect. It was a huge hit and direct helmet-to-helmet (and his helmet against the field as well). 

Maybe he won't be evaluated but I'm concerned that it's nearly impossible to not have a concussion after a hit like that. 

I'm concerned that it's not always an immediate effect. It was a huge hit and direct helmet-to-helmet (and his helmet against the field as well). 

Maybe he won't be evaluated but I'm concerned that it's nearly impossible to not have a concussion after a hit like that. 
in normal speed i thought he didnt take the hit to the head at all, but on replay it looked worrisome. almost exactly the same type of a hit that took mixon out earlier in the game. but as concussion protocols go nowadays, gotta assume he'll be fine.

Yup that phrase usually applies when your "stud" has a bad matchup or has had several underperforming weeks in a row.  You can certainly sit your "stud" if you think he's hurt lol
Exactly, your stud might not play and it is the Monday night game and you have no other Steelers or Bengals to take his spot. I benched him in both my leagues I have him. In 1 league I won and the other it wouldn't have matter.

Yup that phrase usually applies when your "stud" has a bad matchup or has had several underperforming weeks in a row.  You can certainly sit your "stud" if you think he's hurt lol
Straight up truth and also factor in it was MNF game and a lot of people did not have backup plan.

I sat him and it cost me a championship, it sucks, but if faced with similar situation I'd do it again.

First of all let me say I owe AB my likely win this week despite switching ben out for “Matty Ice” at the last possible minute and that I will hold AB on my dynasty team until he retires, out of respect.  

That said, did anyone else feel like he left another 22+ fantasy points on the field tonight?  Twice he stepped ob when it looked like he. Like have just kept on trucking and then the end zone PI he could have definitely still caught the ball but instead started pointing for the flag right away.  

Just saying this living legend could have put up a 60 burger. 

He's in the conversation with Brady, Wilson and Wentz (although I am sure most will yank Wentz out of it now). 
I haven't heard his name floated around at all.  As a Steelers fan I want him to win but he probably won't because of the QB thing.  Wilson will probably win it, he means everything to that team.  

ESPN's Adam Schefter reports Antonio Brown (undisclosed) is expected to be "fine in a few days."

That was coach Mike Tomlin's expectation, as well. Profootballtalk reports that Brown is dealing with a strained quad. It's unsettling that Brown was shuttled from Steelers camp to Pittsburgh to be examined, but the matter sounds like it should be closed within the week. If you're holding your breath, it's probably not worth the stress.

Source: Adam Schefter on Twitter 

Aug 2 - 6:46 PM

he is 30 years old.... WR production typically starts to decline at age 29 season... he is a human being as far as i know.

Anyone concerned with Antonio limping off the field today? Surprised it’s not being talked about here. 

Adam Schefter‏Verified account @AdamSchefter 37m37 minutes ago

Even though Steelers’ Antonio Brown limped off practice field today, he did not aggravate his quad injury and he is “fine”, according to a source familiar with his condition. Nothing significant.

Users who are viewing this thread