What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Antonio Brown, FA (3 Viewers)

The NFL is reviewing Antonio Brown's alleged destruction of a security camera in a dispute with his homeowners association in October. 

Brown, who didn't face any charges over the incident, also allegedly threw a bike at a security guard in his latest tantrum. The Bucs claimed to be unaware of the incident. It's the latest in a long line of outbursts from the volatile Brown, who has a pending civil lawsuit against him alleging sexual assault and rape. Dez Bryant recently came to Brown's defense on Twitter after reporting on Brown's run-in with the HOA surfaced. At last check, Bruce Arians and Tom Brady stand by their guy. 

SOURCE: Tom Pelissero on Twitter 

Nov 17, 2020, 12:46 PM ET

The NFL is reviewing Antonio Brown's alleged destruction of a security camera in a dispute with his homeowners association in October. 

Brown, who didn't face any charges over the incident, also allegedly threw a bike at a security guard in his latest tantrum. The Bucs claimed to be unaware of the incident. It's the latest in a long line of outbursts from the volatile Brown, who has a pending civil lawsuit against him alleging sexual assault and rape. Dez Bryant recently came to Brown's defense on Twitter after reporting on Brown's run-in with the HOA surfaced. At last check, Bruce Arians and Tom Brady stand by their guy. 

Nov 17, 2020, 12:46 PM ET
Looks like Pelissero has amended his above statement to clarify that it is the league and NOT the Bucs who were unaware of the incident.

Tom Pelissero

@TomPelissero

·

3h

The NFL is reviewing the incident last month in which police say #Bucs WR Antonio Brown destroyed a security camera and threw a bike at a security shack, I’m told. This is standard. The league wasn’t aware of the incident prior to reinstating Brown, who wasn’t charged.

Many high end/gated/country club communities operate under an HOA.

Exactly. Rich people and retirees don't like mowing and moving snow. They also don't want their property values going to pot with a deadbeat homeowner.
Yeah, I understand this.  You're missing my point.  Why didn't he buy a house with a lot of land between him and the neighbors and hire a service to handle the lawn?

Looks like Pelissero has amended his above statement to clarify that it is the league and NOT the Bucs who were unaware of the incident.

Tom Pelissero

@TomPelissero

·

3h

The NFL is reviewing the incident last month in which police say #Bucs WR Antonio Brown destroyed a security camera and threw a bike at a security shack, I’m told. This is standard. The league wasn’t aware of the incident prior to reinstating Brown, who wasn’t charged.
Antonio Brown's latest alleged outburst was news to NFL. Will he be suspended again?

Just looked at S. Bloom's projections for AB this week. 

16.5 PPR points. #9 WR overall.

Surprised.

What like to understand this logic understanding the LAR matchup. I have both Evans and AB and if Ramsey is on Evans maybe that's what Sig is thinking.

Just looked at S. Bloom's projections for AB this week. 

16.5 PPR points. #9 WR overall.

Surprised.

What like to understand this logic understanding the LAR matchup. I have both Evans and AB and if Ramsey is on Evans maybe that's what Sig is thinking.
Yeah, I’m thinking that’s the logic Sig is going with here. Ramsey should be on Evans on one boundary, Godwin in the slot, and AB on the other boundary and some slot as well. AB could catch some Ramsey as well, but nowhere near as much as Evans. Also Ramsey is just a better matchup on Evans given his size. He always does well vs the larger WRs (see DK last week).

I still like Godwin the best of the three by far this week, as I see Brady throwing a lot of short stuff to avoid the pass rush, but AB will be in the mix for some of that as well. The ranking is a bit aggressive but I can see the reasoning.

What kind of bike are we talking about here?  A little kids bike? a full size adult bike?  Seems like that would just be awkward to get a good throwing grip on?

Bucs coach Bruce Arians said the team will "move on" from Antonio Brown as soon as the WR isn't "a model citizen."

Being a bad resident in a homeowners association to the point of destroying a security camera must not qualify. Arians has a history with Brown, so he likely knows better than most what to expect from the erratic receiver. On the field, Brown has yet to make a game-changing impact in two contests as a Buccaneer.

SOURCE: Sirius XM on Twitter

Nov 18, 2020, 8:33 PM ET

Antonio Brown caught 8-of-13 targets for 57 yards in the Bucs' Week 11 loss to the Rams.

Brown led the Bucs in targets, catches, and yards on a night Tom Brady dinked and dunked his way down the field for just 216 yards while facing some intense pressure at times. Brown made some sticky catches, but he didn't do anything downfield. He has 157 scoreless yards on 26 targets through three games with the Bucs. Brown is on the WR3 map for Week 12 against the Chiefs.

Nov 24, 2020, 12:00 AM ET

PREVIOUSNEXT

I gave up a 3rd next year to grab him in a dynasty league best ball format. So far so good, seems like he and Brady are getting more in sync each week. Only bad part is Godwin's numbers taking a dip...

Grabbed him when the news first broke and he's my #4 WR...and climbing.

Hard to not get excited about what we're seeing. He's getting a ton of targets. Last two weeks he's at least been flex worthy. And last night he exceeded most projections...against arguably the toughest WR matchup in the league. And Brady missed him deep a couple times.

Going to be tough to sit @KC this week in a potential shootout. And will be difficult to sit during the fantasy playoffs when TB runs into MN, @ATL, @DET.

Yum.

Grabbed him when the news first broke and he's my #4 WR...and climbing.

Hard to not get excited about what we're seeing. He's getting a ton of targets. Last two weeks he's at least been flex worthy. And last night he exceeded most projections...against arguably the toughest WR matchup in the league. And Brady missed him deep a couple times.

Going to be tough to sit @KC this week in a potential shootout. And will be difficult to sit during the fantasy playoffs when TB runs into MN, @ATL, @DET.

Yum.
One of my concerns, and I own Godwin and AB, is the meager yardage totals on all those targets.  Missing on the deep throws; not sure if that is Brady or has Brown lost a step?

One of my concerns, and I own Godwin and AB, is the meager yardage totals on all those targets.  Missing on the deep throws; not sure if that is Brady or has Brown lost a step?
ESPN Article: Brady actually started the year with great efficiency in the downfield passing game, completing 11 of 22 deep attempts (20-plus air yards) during the first four games. But it's been quite a struggle since Week 5, with the quarterback completing just three of his past 36 deep shots -- and none of his last 22.

Doesn't sound like Brown is the issue.

Anyone rolling him out this week? I’m tempted to start him over Parker and Pittman. Feels like a Brady bounce back game after a week of national criticism.

Love the targets, but the insanely low yardage is a big concern. I’m hoping last week’s dink and dunk bonanza was a product of avoiding the Rams pass rush, but we’ll see. I have Godwin as well and AB is killing his numbers, so I would only want to throw AB out there as well if it looks like a shootout. The game this week vs KC seems to fit the bill.  

Not loving the matchup. Conventional wisdom says he plays on the perimeter for the most part which is KCs strength. Also think TB runs the ball more this week.

That said, I bet he's a safe floor play for 5-50-0 if you're up and projected to win post turkey day games.

I'm debating AB vs. a bunch of RBs in the flex who just emerged due to injury -- Gaskin, B. Hill, Gio, Mostert.

Anyone rolling him out this week? I’m tempted to start him over Parker and Pittman. Feels like a Brady bounce back game after a week of national criticism.

Love the targets, but the insanely low yardage is a big concern. I’m hoping last week’s dink and dunk bonanza was a product of avoiding the Rams pass rush, but we’ll see. I have Godwin as well and AB is killing his numbers, so I would only want to throw AB out there as well if it looks like a shootout. The game this week vs KC seems to fit the bill.  
I'm not starting him everywhere but often and with confidence because with the targets and catches up each week he's displaying a really nice floor combined with upside.

Personally, as it relates to PPR, I'm a big fan of the dink and dunk bonanza and don't think it's going anywhere because it's what Brady does best. This is also why I would start AB with confidence for at least a solid floor. AB is not making the downfield plays he was making in PIttsburgh  but he's starting to look a bit like Wes Welker/Edelman plus,  the guy Brady relies on to get open quickly plus has ability to go deep.

Not loving the matchup. Conventional wisdom says he plays on the perimeter for the most part which is KCs strength. Also think TB runs the ball more this week.

That said, I bet he's a safe floor play for 5-50-0 if you're up and projected to win post turkey day games.

I'm debating AB vs. a bunch of RBs in the flex who just emerged due to injury -- Gaskin, B. Hill, Gio, Mostert.
Yeah, good points about KC perimeter D, but it does look like that defense has taken a step back in recent weeks. They’ve found themselves in shootouts recently with competent offenses. Those Raiders games have my some serious pause.  But you’re right that I’m sure TB will try to establish the run. We’ll see how long they can hang with that strategy with Mahomes slinging it.

Of your options, unless it’s full ppr, I would definitely give those RBs a serious look over AB, especially Mostert. Gio probably a stay away.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, good points about KC perimeter D, but it does look like that defense has taken a step back in recent weeks. They’ve found themselves in shootouts recently with competent offenses. Those Raiders games have my some serious pause.  But you’re right that I’m sure TB will try to establish the run. We’ll see how long they can hang with that strategy with Mahomes slinging it.

Of your options, unless it’s full ppr, I would definitely give those RBs a serious look over AB, especially Mostert. Gio probably a stay away.
Yeah it's full PPR.

Can't get a read on Mostert yet.

I also own M. Evans. I'm tempted to throw both Evans and AB in there if this is going to be a shootout, although this seems like a Godwin game.

I keep seeing people trying with this awful take.
100% agree. Brown has probably been their best wide receiver since he got there. If anything, he should be getting more snaps. He's been right there with Godwin and Evans, on far fewer routes and snaps.

If anybody is killing that offense, it's fournette. 

Antonio Brown caught 2-of-3 targets for 11 yards in the Bucs' Week 12 loss to the Chiefs.

After seeing 26 targets in his first three games with the team, Brown took a distant back seat as the fourth option in the passing game. He's going to be a volatile WR3/4 over the stretch run when the Bucs come out of their bye for a Week 14 date with the Vikings.

Nov 29, 2020, 8:24 PM ET

Antonio Brown caught 2-of-3 targets for 11 yards in the Bucs' Week 12 loss to the Chiefs.

After seeing 26 targets in his first three games with the team, Brown took a distant back seat as the fourth option in the passing game. He's going to be a volatile WR3/4 over the stretch run when the Bucs come out of their bye for a Week 14 date with the Vikings.

- Rotoworld

Fantastic user name

I got burned by AB yesterday. Looked to me like the plan was to simply send AB off on a fly route every time he was on the field to clear out space for underneath patterns to TE or Godwin. Seemed like Brady never even looked his way. Whether that was the game plan or an adjusted game plan... that's that what I saw.

I only played him because I had little confidence in the PIT/BAL game actually getting played. Turned out the point differential between AB and nobody was a lot closer than anticipated. :cry:

Antonio Brown's civil case has been delayed until Dec. 6-17, 2021. 

Brown is being accused of rape and sexual assault in a civil, not criminal, case. The distant court date means that, for now, Brown is not at threat of suspension for the rest of this season or early 2021. 

Dec 1, 2020, 5:29 PM ET

There may be something to his negative effect on the offense, but it’s lazy analysis to place a lot of blame of the three losses on Brown.

How about the defense: giving up 38, 27, 27 and points in those three losses along with 420, 413, and 543 yards, respectively, in those games. And they played the Saints, Rams and Chiefs in those three losses.

There may be something to his negative effect on the offense, but it’s lazy analysis to place a lot of blame of the three losses on Brown.

How about the defense: giving up 38, 27, 27 and points in those three losses along with 420, 413, and 543 yards, respectively, in those games. And they played the Saints, Rams and Chiefs in those three losses.
Bucs blog doesn't want to acknowledge that other teams are better. More at 6. 

So anybody have the stones to roll him out this week?

Coming off a bye week, possibly being further assimilated into the offense, maybe roomies Tom and AB were working on some things over the break?

By the numbers the matchup is juicy. The concern, as always, is too many mouths to feed. I have no doubt the Bucs are going to try to take a flame thrower to that Vikes pass D and get their offense back on track as they push to the playoffs, the question is who will be the beneficiary? The matchup is a nice get right spot for the offense, and I can see it getting into a shootout as the Bucs pass D is suspect as well. I have Godwin as well and I’m tempted to double up on the Bucs WRs this week, although knowing my luck it will probably be a big Evans/Gronk game.

Can't imagine too many playoff teams with AB on it unless they are loaded with WR's.

The only way I would start him this week is if Godwin or one of the other WR's is out.  

Can't imagine too many playoff teams with AB on it unless they are loaded with WR's.

The only way I would start him this week is if Godwin or one of the other WR's is out.  
Yeah, I scooped him when he signed with the Bucs. Never played him but figured he was Godwin insurance. That was before Fuller got popped for PEDs so I’m now forced into options like DeVante Parker (Tua ruined him).

Interesting thing is his ECR is much higher than I expected (32). Seems he’s slotted around guys who have performed better but with worse matchups this week (ie Aiyuk, Coutee). So at least it looks like the groupthink out there is that this week could be somewhat promising.

Yeah, I scooped him when he signed with the Bucs. Never played him but figured he was Godwin insurance. That was before Fuller got popped for PEDs so I’m now forced into options like DeVante Parker (Tua ruined him).

interesting thing is his ECR is much higher than I expected (32). Seems he’s slotted around guys who have performed better but with worse matchups (ie Aiyuk, Coutee). So at least it looks like groupthink out there is that this week could be somewhat promising.
I can't say that Coutee has a worse matchup.  I think a lot of the Bears gaudy pass D numbers early were a result of a easy schedule.  That D has leaked oil for six weeks now.   Personally I'm playing a lot of Coutee in DK this week, Watson has to throw to someone.

Mike Evans got downgraded to a DNP today after a limited practice with a hammy yesterday..... things just got interesting. 

If Evans is out, AB becomes the primary target on the outside and would hopefully now get some end zone looks. I mean, they can’t ALL go to Gronk if Evans is out right? If Evans indeed misses this game, Mr. Big Chest should be all systems go. What say you?

Mike Evans got downgraded to a DNP today after a limited practice with a hammy yesterday..... things just got interesting. 

If Evans is out, AB becomes the primary target on the outside and would hopefully now get some end zone looks. I mean, they can’t ALL go to Gronk if Evans is out right? If Evans indeed misses this game, Mr. Big Chest should be all systems go. What say you?
Yup I’m with you and will be starting him over Claypool if Evans is out.

If Evans is out, I'm tempted to start him over McLaurin....crazy?
Not crazy, but also not something I'd do. I'd probably have McLaurin in the WR10-15 range, if Evans is out, I'd have Brown around WR20. 

ETA: I could certainly see Brown over Claypool though.

I could see it if you were riding Fuller after OBJ went down, and stupidly traded Corey Davis for short term RB help when all your RBs were injured (only to watch that rb get immediately injured), and you don't want to play Tyler Boyd and Sterling Shepherd with their current QBs. Not that this exact thing happened to my team 🤣

Users who are viewing this thread