Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Antonio Brown - Official Thread

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

( •_•)     Seems like Antonio Brown got...       ( •_•)>⌐■-■         (⌐■_■) ...cold feet

He probably got Cold Feet 

It looks like Adam Schefter added Antonio Brown to his fantasy team before breaking the news @Joe Bryant - note to self: never play in a fantasy football league with Adam Schefter 

I don't know how anyone would have confidence in starting Evans.....just with Godwin active. Let alone AB now active to take away targets (granted he probably snags snaps from Miller/etc......AB at 50% is better than that group).

I've seen it posted elsewhere, but in the 4 games Godwin's been in the lineup, Evans' #s:

1-2-1 (4 targets)

2-2-2 (4 targets)

1-10-0 (2 targets)

2-37-0 (2 targets)

That's pretty nice sample size there. Obviously the TD upside is present, but man 51 receiving yards in 4 games with all of 12 targets is rough.

Edited by Craig_MiamiFL
9 minutes ago, Craig_MiamiFL said:

I don't know how anyone would have confidence in starting Evans.....just with Godwin active. Let alone AB now active to take away targets (granted he probably snags snaps from Miller/etc......AB at 50% is better than that group).

I've seen it posted elsewhere, but in the 4 games Godwin's been in the lineup, Evans' #s:

1-2-1 (4 targets)

2-2-2 (4 targets)

1-10-0 (2 targets)

2-37-0 (2 targets)

That's pretty nice sample size there. Obviously the TD upside is present, but man 51 receiving yards in 4 games with all of 12 targets is rough.

Yeah the data is undeniable.

Could see Evans playing a full compliment of snaps and getting shutout. 

Leaning AB over Evans unless there was some sideline reporting indicating he's playing very little.

2 minutes ago, floods said:

He has, and was targeted deep and under thrown by Brady. The issue is that TB has gone three and out every possession (or turned the ball over).

Yup. If Brady had been able to throw the ball far enough to hit Brown in stride, that would have been a TD to Brown.

9 minutes ago, floods said:

Brown didn't look like he's aged a day.

The guy is a physical specimen and a workout monster so this doesn't surprise me at all.  It's everything between the ears that concerns me (and that's putting it lightly).

Antonio Brown caught 3-of-5 targets for 31 yards in Week 9 against the Saints.

Brown played 39-of-50 snaps (78 percent) in his Bucs debut. Even in his first game on a loaded depth chart, Tom Brady made a point to get him involved. Brown's role should continue to grow as he gets acclimated from missing the last eight weeks. He's an upside WR4 for Week 10 against the Panthers.

Nov 8, 2020, 11:44 PM ET

Antonio Brown caught 7-of-8 targets for 69 yards in Week 10 against the Panthers.

All four of the Bucs' pass catchers had big days, but this was a step in the right direction for Brown in terms of establishing a role in the team's passing game. Brown's day could have been even better, as Tom Brady missed him on a deep crossing route, throwing it five yards too deep over the middle of the field instead of leading Brown to the right side. Consider AB a FLEX option in Week 11 against the Rams.

- Rotoworld

Edited by The Frankman

Antonio Brown was accused last month by the community in which he lives of destroying a security camera and throwing a bicycle at a security guard on Oct. 15, the Miami Herald reported Monday, citing a police report.

The Hollywood (Florida) Police decided they had probable cause to charge Brown with criminal mischief, a misdemeanor, but the president of the Hollywood Oaks homeowners association declined to press charges, the Herald reported. According to the report, the president, Sylvia Berman, told police she feared Brown "may retaliate against her employees."

Link

Bucs issue statement on AB incident

“We are aware of the reported incident involving Antonio Brown prior to his signing,” the Buccaneers said in a statement issued to PFT. “When Antonio joined us, we were clear about what we expected and required of him. Thus far, he has met all the expectations we have in place.”

Link

Bucs statement saying "prior to his signing" was good to hear if you are invested in AB, this seems minor, no charges file and he took care of the situation.

But I'd still be a little worried, I know I am, because the NFL already saying they did not know about this prior to reinstating him and it's also a possible parole violation.

33 minutes ago, menobrown said:

Bucs statement saying "prior to his signing" was good to hear if you are invested in AB, this seems minor, no charges file and he took care of the situation.

But I'd still be a little worried, I know I am, because the NFL already saying they did not know about this prior to reinstating him and it's also a possible parole violation.

Also a pretty good indication that he doesn’t have his issues under control. If he’s living with Brady, maybe he’s able to control himself, but I would say this doesn’t bode well for him.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, wgoldsph said:

Okay so maybe it's just the middle class in me talking but why the heck is he living somewhere with a HOA?  He can't buy a house without neighbors knowing how must scrutiny he's under?

Many high end/gated/country club communities operate under an HOA.

• Like 2

The NFL is reviewing Antonio Brown's alleged destruction of a security camera in a dispute with his homeowners association in October. 

Brown, who didn't face any charges over the incident, also allegedly threw a bike at a security guard in his latest tantrum. The Bucs claimed to be unaware of the incident. It's the latest in a long line of outbursts from the volatile Brown, who has a pending civil lawsuit against him alleging sexual assault and rape. Dez Bryant recently came to Brown's defense on Twitter after reporting on Brown's run-in with the HOA surfaced. At last check, Bruce Arians and Tom Brady stand by their guy. 

SOURCE: Tom Pelissero on Twitter 

Nov 17, 2020, 12:46 PM ET

2 hours ago, Faust said:

The NFL is reviewing Antonio Brown's alleged destruction of a security camera in a dispute with his homeowners association in October. 

Brown, who didn't face any charges over the incident, also allegedly threw a bike at a security guard in his latest tantrum. The Bucs claimed to be unaware of the incident. It's the latest in a long line of outbursts from the volatile Brown, who has a pending civil lawsuit against him alleging sexual assault and rape. Dez Bryant recently came to Brown's defense on Twitter after reporting on Brown's run-in with the HOA surfaced. At last check, Bruce Arians and Tom Brady stand by their guy. 

SOURCE: Tom Pelissero on Twitter 

Nov 17, 2020, 12:46 PM ET

Looks like Pelissero has amended his above statement to clarify that it is the league and NOT the Bucs who were unaware of the incident.

Tom Pelissero

@TomPelissero

·

3h

The NFL is reviewing the incident last month in which police say #Bucs WR Antonio Brown destroyed a security camera and threw a bike at a security shack, I’m told. This is standard. The league wasn’t aware of the incident prior to reinstating Brown, who wasn’t charged.

21 hours ago, Hankmoody said:

Many high end/gated/country club communities operate under an HOA.

11 hours ago, Scooby1974 said:

Exactly. Rich people and retirees don't like mowing and moving snow. They also don't want their property values going to pot with a deadbeat homeowner.

Yeah, I understand this.  You're missing my point.  Why didn't he buy a house with a lot of land between him and the neighbors and hire a service to handle the lawn?

• Like 1
17 minutes ago, wgoldsph said:

Yeah, I understand this.  You're missing my point.  Why didn't he buy a house with a lot of land between him and the neighbors and hire a service to handle the lawn?

There have been a lot of sentences about AB that started with "Why didn't he just...".

• Like 4
  • Laughing 1
On 11/17/2020 at 1:29 PM, Morton Muffley said:

Looks like Pelissero has amended his above statement to clarify that it is the league and NOT the Bucs who were unaware of the incident.

Tom Pelissero

@TomPelissero

·

3h

The NFL is reviewing the incident last month in which police say #Bucs WR Antonio Brown destroyed a security camera and threw a bike at a security shack, I’m told. This is standard. The league wasn’t aware of the incident prior to reinstating Brown, who wasn’t charged.

Antonio Brown's latest alleged outburst was news to NFL. Will he be suspended again?

Just looked at S. Bloom's projections for AB this week. 

16.5 PPR points. #9 WR overall.

Surprised.

What like to understand this logic understanding the LAR matchup. I have both Evans and AB and if Ramsey is on Evans maybe that's what Sig is thinking.

44 minutes ago, kyoun1e said:

Just looked at S. Bloom's projections for AB this week. 

16.5 PPR points. #9 WR overall.

Surprised.

What like to understand this logic understanding the LAR matchup. I have both Evans and AB and if Ramsey is on Evans maybe that's what Sig is thinking.

Yeah, I’m thinking that’s the logic Sig is going with here. Ramsey should be on Evans on one boundary, Godwin in the slot, and AB on the other boundary and some slot as well. AB could catch some Ramsey as well, but nowhere near as much as Evans. Also Ramsey is just a better matchup on Evans given his size. He always does well vs the larger WRs (see DK last week).

I still like Godwin the best of the three by far this week, as I see Brady throwing a lot of short stuff to avoid the pass rush, but AB will be in the mix for some of that as well. The ranking is a bit aggressive but I can see the reasoning.

Bucs coach Bruce Arians said the team will "move on" from Antonio Brown as soon as the WR isn't "a model citizen."

Being a bad resident in a homeowners association to the point of destroying a security camera must not qualify. Arians has a history with Brown, so he likely knows better than most what to expect from the erratic receiver. On the field, Brown has yet to make a game-changing impact in two contests as a Buccaneer.

SOURCE: Sirius XM on Twitter

Nov 18, 2020, 8:33 PM ET

Antonio Brown caught 8-of-13 targets for 57 yards in the Bucs' Week 11 loss to the Rams.

Brown led the Bucs in targets, catches, and yards on a night Tom Brady dinked and dunked his way down the field for just 216 yards while facing some intense pressure at times. Brown made some sticky catches, but he didn't do anything downfield. He has 157 scoreless yards on 26 targets through three games with the Bucs. Brown is on the WR3 map for Week 12 against the Chiefs.

Nov 24, 2020, 12:00 AM ET

PREVIOUSNEXT

Grabbed him when the news first broke and he's my #4 WR...and climbing.

Hard to not get excited about what we're seeing. He's getting a ton of targets. Last two weeks he's at least been flex worthy. And last night he exceeded most projections...against arguably the toughest WR matchup in the league. And Brady missed him deep a couple times.

Going to be tough to sit @KC this week in a potential shootout. And will be difficult to sit during the fantasy playoffs when TB runs into MN, @ATL, @DET.

Yum.

• Like 2
4 hours ago, kyoun1e said:

Grabbed him when the news first broke and he's my #4 WR...and climbing.

Hard to not get excited about what we're seeing. He's getting a ton of targets. Last two weeks he's at least been flex worthy. And last night he exceeded most projections...against arguably the toughest WR matchup in the league. And Brady missed him deep a couple times.

Going to be tough to sit @KC this week in a potential shootout. And will be difficult to sit during the fantasy playoffs when TB runs into MN, @ATL, @DET.

Yum.

One of my concerns, and I own Godwin and AB, is the meager yardage totals on all those targets.  Missing on the deep throws; not sure if that is Brady or has Brown lost a step?

21 hours ago, DropKick said:

One of my concerns, and I own Godwin and AB, is the meager yardage totals on all those targets.  Missing on the deep throws; not sure if that is Brady or has Brown lost a step?

they both have, but probably mostly Brady

On 11/24/2020 at 7:05 PM, DropKick said:

ESPN Article: Brady actually started the year with great efficiency in the downfield passing game, completing 11 of 22 deep attempts (20-plus air yards) during the first four games. But it's been quite a struggle since Week 5, with the quarterback completing just three of his past 36 deep shots -- and none of his last 22.

Doesn't sound like Brown is the issue.