What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Antonio Brown, FA (4 Viewers)

From what I understand or at least alluded to my Mike Garafolo he's got no problem with his targets but his complaint to the coaches is the quality of them. Does not feel like he's getting used downfield enough
I went to the game and was watching Nelson mug AB on many plays and he got into AB's head a little IMO.   

Last edited by a moderator:
Imagine the drama if the Steelers lose this week and AB only gets 10ish targets?

Oh boy get your popcorn.

I'm hoping it happens if not for the pure entertainment of it all.

i dont give a hoot about the team drama... what is going on with this supposed leg injury and the "limping" observed on the sideline? are there any links to people's game film reviews that indicate something looks wrong?

i dont give a hoot about the team drama... what is going on with this supposed leg injury and the "limping" observed on the sideline? are there any links to people's game film reviews that indicate something looks wrong?
This is what I’m saying. Rotoworld continues on with talking about the calf injury.

I really do not mean much to sound ignorant or playful about cruel words  BUT  There could be a chance Big Ben missed him on a throw or something and wisecracked something like: Woah you losing a step old man? upon his return to the huddle  Sort of an inside joke that when coupled with any limping type movement (story) becomes a sore issue  However, for reals, Pitt is doing a fine job (IMHO) of maintaining close to three Stud WR's which is kind of interesting when ya consider some teams do just fine with one  We all know ballers get hungry!  Media calls them a Diva...  Believe AB is a pretty good guy who works hard and deserves our respect!

Dr. Dan said:
Well which is it... do you want him to shut his pie hole or eat pie? You're giving conflicting advice. No wonder AB doesn't know what to do... 
Eatin' aint talkin'.  And i think (or hope) i made my point.  Enjoy your semantics. 

Big Ben and AB not looking so great this year. I wonder if it's because of Le'veon?
:loco:

9-93-1 in a game where team turned it over 5 times. 

18-160-1 after two games  

144-1280-8 if he kept up this pace. Not bad. 

Rich Hribar‏Verified account @LordReebs Oct 1

Antonio Brown's catchable target rate is currently 57.7% - lowest for all WRs with 25+ targets. Previous catchable target rates....

2017: 68.4%

2016: 71.5%

2015: 74.2%

2014: 75.3%

2013: 74.2%

2012: 71.4%

2011: 62.5%

This is nonsense. A Brown is WR7 in ppr leagues. With the Steeler Swiss cheese defense,
both Brown and Smith are going to sustain their current pace. In 2016 A Brown averaged 20
points a game. In 2017 he averaged 22 a game but had a clunker week 15 and didn't play
week 16. Only D Hopkins outscored him. Right now he is averaging 20 points a game but still 
7th. I would bet that maybe 5 WR's will continue this pace-A Brown, D Hopkins, C Kupp, D
Adams and M Thomas.  

I'm using MFL league stats that show week's 1-16 so this might not jibe with season totals.

In dynasty I think this is the year you trade him if you want to maximize value.  I enjoyed him for the last five years or so.  It was hard to do but I let him go. 

Antonio Brown caught 6-of-6 targets for 96 yards and a touchdown in the Steelers' Week 10 win over the Panthers.

Most of Brown's damage came on his 53-yard touchdown in the second quarter. Matched up 1-on-1 with second-rounder Donte Jackson down the right sideline, Brown simply overpowered the rookie on his way to the end zone. Jackson wanted an OPI call, but it was just a little hand fighting. Brown is now up to 10 scores on the season after visiting the end zone "just" nine times in all of 2017. He should see a heavy dose of Jalen Ramsey against the Jaguars in Week 11.

Nov 8 - 11:33 PM

Antonio Brown hauled in 9-of-13 targets for 67 yards in the Steelers' Week 12 loss to the Broncos.

The Broncos were allowing the Steelers to dink and dunk all game, but unlike JuJu Smith-Schuster, Brown was not able to break off the big play to help boost his catch average. He should have had a long gain near the sideline in the fourth quarter, but he was not able to get both feet down. This game ended Brown's eight-game touchdown streak, but he still came through in a big way in PPR leagues. Even with a tough matchup against the Chargers up next, Brown will remain a solid WR1.

Nov 25 - 8:01 PM

Antonio Brown - WR -  Steelers

Antonio Brown caught 10-of-13 targets for 154 yards and a touchdown in Week 13 against the Chargers.

Brown had a 46-yard catch on the opening drive but was tackled just short of the end-zone. He later beat double coverage and got wide open for a 28-yard touchdown at the end of the first half. Brown did most of his damage despite being shadowed by Casey Hayward most of the night. It's a nice rebound after Brown was held to 67 scoreless yards last week. Brown will be one of the top receiver plays for Week 14's matchup with the Raiders.

Dec 3 - 12:03 AM

Rumor mill says he was benched for last game for throwing a fit and then choosing to not practice. I love this guy on my fantasy team, he's won many a game for me. But man he is a baby.

He's gone from a hard working low key guy to a clown and a diva because of success. It's not beyond PITT to Santonio Holmes him to Washington, JAX or Miami.

He's gone from a hard working low key guy to a clown and a diva because of success. It's not beyond PITT to Santonio Holmes him to Washington, JAX or Miami.
I'm not sure he's really tradeable right now with his contract.  He probably knows that too...

Pittsburgh sits a healthy AB after yet another antic with rumors of divorce. 

I thought this thread would have blown up but... :tumbleweed:

The contract is an issue but it seems like they have to try and move him.

Tough to understand how a guy who grew up with nothing and now has it all can be so unhappy.  Would think that Brown would get up in the mornings before going to his job of playing a game for millions a year and think "Dam...life turned out PDG for me"  When I say grew up with nothing just mean nothing like he has now.

Seems like Brown has some issues beyond the game.

Tough to understand how a guy who grew up with nothing and now has it all can be so unhappy.  Would think that Brown would get up in the mornings before going to his job of playing a game for millions a year and think "Dam...life turned out PDG for me"

Seems like Brown has some issues beyond the game.
Its not the money, its about being a Diva.  He had his panties in a bunch after two games this season because Juju was doing well.  Brown himself had 18 receptions on a bushel of targets but still... complaints.

Its not the money, its about being a Diva.  He had his panties in a bunch after two games this season because Juju was doing well.  Brown himself had 18 receptions on a bushel of targets but still... complaints.
Hate to see Brown heading down the TO path.

Despite frustration with him, Ben Roethlisberger hopes Antonio Brown is back with Steelers

...Roethlisberger called Brown “an incredible talent” and “one of my best friends on the team.” On reports implying Brown threw a temper tantrum toward him at practice Wednesday, Roethlisberger said, “If there was a blow-up, I sure didn’t see it.”

Roethlisberger said that Brown left the UPMC Rooney Sports Complex on Wednesday but that on Thursday morning the two spoke “and everything was great and fine.” Since then, though, Brown has not communicated with Roethlisberger or, Roethlisberger said, many other teammates who have contacted him.

“I called and texted and reached out numerous times and tried to find out what going on,” Roethlisberger said, “but I really couldn’t get any answers.”

Users who are viewing this thread