What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Antonio Brown, FA (9 Viewers)

Still amazing to me how often tradional scouting metrics fail to predict someone like this. Not that I've got any better way, of course.

Small, thin, weak conference, disappointing speed when it was measured, no real route running skills when he came out...

What could teams do, other than discover a crystal ball that would tell them he'd turn into a consummate professional so dedicated to perfecting his craft that he'd soon be on pace to become an NFL legend?

What a find for that team.

I also like that every time they show his photo at the start of a game, he's got the crazy eyes. :thumbup:

It really is amazing how guys like this pop out of nowhere.

A guy like this at WR is way more impressive to me than an out-of-nowhere RB like Morris or Foster.

yes still doesn't get the credit he deserves. These last 2 years he has been dominating. Top 3 wr in 13, top wr in 14 and has been an absolute monster. 110 catches in 13 and 122 and counting in 14 which is absolutely amazing. 31 straight with at least 5- 50 that's the most impressive of the A. Brown stats and records.

That first quarter punt return for a TD against the Bengals was a thing of beauty. He is such a dynamic play maker who simply has the relentless willpower to be great.

Antonio Brown keys Steelers to AFC North title:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000451133/article/antonio-brown-keys-steelers-to-afc-north-title

Excerpt:

Antonio Brown should be a lock as a first-team All-Pro after leading the NFL with 129 receptions and 1,698 yards to go with 13 receiving touchdowns, one passing touchdown and another special teams score. Brown is the only player in history to record at least five catches and 50 yards in all 16 games; he's now accomplished the feat in back-to-back seasons.

Antonio Brown keys Steelers to AFC North title:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000451133/article/antonio-brown-keys-steelers-to-afc-north-title

Excerpt:

Antonio Brown should be a lock as a first-team All-Pro after leading the NFL with 129 receptions and 1,698 yards to go with 13 receiving touchdowns, one passing touchdown and another special teams score. Brown is the only player in history to record at least five catches and 50 yards in all 16 games; he's now accomplished the feat in back-to-back seasons.
We Todd Did

None of this is by accident. Great to see the Steelers front office so prescient.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SZH8jNC1ZgI

Get a rush.

That first quarter punt return for a TD against the Bengals was a thing of beauty. He is such a dynamic play maker who simply has the relentless willpower to be great.
I like how on the game winning td he burns a db, he falls and then Martavis Bryant's clumsy a## trips and falls down after running into Brown, and Brown doesn't even have one hitch in his step or he wasn't derailed of any balance which is amazing with two human beings running that fast colliding???? almost not fair. A. Brown is officially the Best Fantasy WR and Best Wr in football in 2014. Anyone Disagree??? I don't think their will be many looking to pick an argument their.

Steelers may need to lean heavy on Brown, Bryant and wheaton with Bell limping around with hyperextended knee. The Pit/Balt is gonna be a knockdown dragout fight to the finish man gonna be priceless.

Rotoworld:

The Steelers have a longstanding policy of not negotiating new contracts until a player is in the final year of their current contract.

Exceptions have only been made for starting quarterbacks, who are often extended with two years left on their deal. Antonio Brown, digging in for a raise, has three years left on his current contract. Most seem to think the franchise won't cave even though Brown, who led the NFL in receptions last year, is the team's most valuable player after Ben Roethlisberger. This one could very well drag out for a while.

Source: Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

Rotoworld:

Antonio Brown tweeted Wednesday that he isn't at voluntary workouts because he's spending time with his newborn baby.
Seems like a valid enough reason. "Just enjoying my new born Ali can not wait to get back with my teammates!," the tweet reads. While Brown may want a new contract, we don't see the Steelers caving in and giving him one.

Source: Antonio Brown on Twitter
Apr 22 - 12:35 PM

so, when he was getting paid 9m to be the 30th best wr in the league were you in here complaining he should be getting paid top 30?

He was actually closer to 15th if you count him missing three games and take out the running backs and tight ends. Not bad considering he didn't even start 3 of the 13 games he played in. I guess it depends on what you mean by 30th best receiver. I took it to mean how he actually played on the field vs. other receivers.

Last edited by a moderator:
Rotoworld:

Antonio Brown is riding a 33-game streak with at least five catches and 50 yards.
Ben Roethlisberger is well aware of this record streak, as we've seen him force-feed Brown the ball late in games if there's any doubt. It means the unstoppable Brown has a 5-50-0 weekly floor, making him one of the safest players in both season-long and DFS leagues. Brown has 239 catches for 3,197 yards with 21 receiving touchdowns since Mike Wallace left Pittsburgh following the 2012 season.

Source: ESPN.com
Jul 28 - 7

Rotoworld:

Antonio Brown is riding a 33-game streak with at least five catches and 50 yards.
Ben Roethlisberger is well aware of this record streak, as we've seen him force-feed Brown the ball late in games if there's any doubt. It means the unstoppable Brown has a 5-50-0 weekly floor, making him one of the safest players in both season-long and DFS leagues. Brown has 239 catches for 3,197 yards with 21 receiving touchdowns since Mike Wallace left Pittsburgh following the 2012 season.

Source: ESPN.com
Jul 28 - 7
If he keeps that going all year this year, with that schedule, the streak becomes several times more amazing. (And it's already ####### amazing, don't get me wrong.)

There are a couple REALLY loudmouth CB's on that docket who I'm betting are going to make this a personal mission.

Is considering Brown 1st overall in a 0.5 ppr crazy?
I'm keeping him and Odell in my 2 man keeper (also a .5ppr). I'd feel comfortable taking wither one of those guys #1 overall. Brown was the #2 non-QB last year in points scored behind only Leveon Bell (by less than 4 total points.)

Users who are viewing this thread