What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Antonio Brown, FA (3 Viewers)

He didn't say Bronco he said Horses.

So possible Colts....

OMG I hate myself
He also said in the wild west (AFC West?) when you get knocked down you gotta get back in the saddle. 

and the I like horses line...Manning was a colt and bronco...the Ravens beware could have been a reference to the Manning - Ray Lewis matchups over the years...and the Deers strength at the beginning was Longevity which tells me he played for a long time and it did show him holding a trophy of some sort.

Jesus what's wrong with me

Eeit: I don't think Manning can sing at all tho, so maybe not.

Last edited by a moderator:
He also said in the wild west (AFC West?) when you get knocked down you gotta get back in the saddle. 

and the I like horses line...Manning was a colt and bronco...the Ravens beware could have been a reference to the Manning - Ray Lewis matchups over the years...and the Deers strength at the beginning was Longevity which tells me he played for a long time and it did show him holding a trophy of some sort.

Jesus what's wrong with me

Eeit: I don't think Manning can sing at all tho, so maybe not.
Cowboy!!! Zeke. Boom

Just listened again. Not Peyton Manning. 

6'3". Longevity. Stahhorn brand Shampoo. Taped antlers. Been knocked down a bunch. In the wild west gotta get back in saddle. Trophy is of a football player carrying a ball. Ravens beware. Likes horses.

do we actually think he played his last game in Pitt or will cooler heads prevail?
I think the relationship can still be saved if AB is willing to take some steps to make amends. I think he's dug in and has no interest in doing that so as much as I hate it I think that really nice sideline catch he made with about a minute to go in the game against the Saints was his last catch as a Steeler.

I thought they said the hippo was 5'9 but AB is 5'10. 

IIRC
Hippo was introduced as 5’10”. I do expect the show to flub heights by an inch here and there, though.

I thought for a minute that the Monster (5’11”) was Terence Trent D’Arby (6’2”). Going by the voice.

do we actually think he played his last game in Pitt or will cooler heads prevail?
Unless they get a really good player in return or multiple players the two teams that have good draft capital that could make a move on him would be Green Bay and the Raiders. Personally I think he's done there and without a trade I could see him pulling a Leveon move and sit out. Green Bay would make sense for the Steelers since he would be out of the conference and can you imagine a Adams/Brown combo with Rodgers?

Are we seeing a guy who can't stand having another great receiver on the team?  I think some of this mess is just that.

BUT....Antonio Brown is a game changer, a fantastic receiver,  so ya do everything possible to fix things, if he left that would be a HUGE loss.  He really is that good.  Without question the best WR in the game today and will someday.....Jerry Rice, Randy Moss, Don Hutson, Antonio Brown (sorry Larry)

He came to the stadium to play. He essentially skipped practice, not the game. It's not professional but neither is some of the stuff TO pulled but it's not quite accurate to keep portraying this in a way that suggests he did not make himself available to play.
Disagree.  Showing up on Sunday after skipping every practice during the week, missing meetings, missing the Saturday walk through, all while going "radio silent" with the Steelers does not meet the criteria of making yourself available for the game.

It’s funny how sometimes the best players in the game don’t have very long threads. And it’s also a testament to how little controversy and concern there has been around him over the years, because that is what causes people to post. He’s been a solid professional. 
Sorry, but I think you're in the wrong thread. The Larry Fitzgerald thread is two doors down the hall.

Got the perfect storm in PIT with the best WR in football who still has a turd for a brain ...

live streaming the post game locker room including commentary from his coaches post-game speech that was embarrassing to be heard outside the locker room.

now his antics last week included ... throwing a football at his QB then not showing up to practice the rest of the week, missing all team meetings, and failing to respond to the team, coaches, or players when they reached out to him.

... their star RB that holds out for an entire season giving up millions upon millions in franchise tag money ...

Vet QB who consistently throws teammates under the bus and obviously is getting under the skin of those teammates ...

and a head coach that lacks control of all of this as his locker room continues to be a circus and continues to be "out coached" in the big games.

Something has to change in PIT. Players or coach? Both?

He came to the stadium to play. He essentially skipped practice, not the game. It's not professional but neither is some of the stuff TO pulled but it's not quite accurate to keep portraying this in a way that suggests he did not make himself available to play.
He came to the game to not lose a game check.

He's not so dumb about the $$$ ... or his agent suggested that he not miss a check.

He really couldn't have expected to play. What kind of message would that have sent to the rest of the team?

Had Tomlin put him in that game, all be it a "must win" situation, he loses what little credibility he has left with the rest of his team.

AB had to know this.

Got the perfect storm in PIT with the best WR in football who still has a turd for a brain ...

live streaming the post game locker room including commentary from his coaches post-game speech that was embarrassing to be heard outside the locker room.

now his antics last week included ... throwing a football at his QB then not showing up to practice the rest of the week, missing all team meetings, and failing to respond to the team, coaches, or players when they reached out to him.

... their star RB that holds out for an entire season giving up millions upon millions in franchise tag money ...

Vet QB who consistently throws teammates under the bus and obviously is getting under the skin of those teammates ...

and a head coach that lacks control of all of this as his locker room continues to be a circus and continues to be "out coached" in the big games.

Something has to change in PIT. Players or coach? Both?
Aside from AB which teammates are upset with Ben?    

You can knock Tomlin for a number of games this season but the two biggest games were the Patriots and Saints games.   Tomlin was not outcoached in either -- the game plans were sound and if not for late fumbles in the Saints game the Steelers would have won both and made the playoffs.

I think the relationship can still be saved if AB is willing to take some steps to make amends. I think he's dug in and has no interest in doing that so as much as I hate it I think that really nice sideline catch he made with about a minute to go in the game against the Saints was his last catch as a Steeler.
I think they will try to sit everyone down and come to an understanding but I fear the relationship between Tomlin and AB is to the point where it cannot be salvaged.   The video clip of he and Harrison carrying on while listening to Tomlin's press conference was the ultimate show of disrespect.   I think AB needs to go

And James Harrison has really shown himself to be a richard.   F him.

I asked this in the Steelers thread but it probably is more appropriate here:

So for the sake of argument let's say the Steelers decide to bite the bullet and trade AB.   What kind of return would they get?   

Anyone giving up a #1 for arguably the best receiver in football but is a malcontent and turning 31?

So for the sake of argument let's say the Steelers decide to bite the bullet and trade AB.   What kind of return would they get?   

Anyone giving up a #1 for arguably the best receiver in football but is a malcontent and turning 31?
No way. Cost control, my friend. And age. More like a three.  

I dont think so. 

Dallas already gave up their first

Purely speculation on my part but when you strip away all the "misdirection" of missing the play-offs and personal squabbles, I suspect AB just doesn't like being the "1A" receiver on the team instead of the clear "1"...

Tomlins lack of control of his lockerroom is finally coming back to bite him......what a #### show this season has been in Pittsburgh....and AB is a whiny prima Donna.....he's acting like a 3 year old who doesn't get his way.

Tomlins lack of control of his lockerroom is finally coming back to bite him......what a #### show this season has been in Pittsburgh....and AB is a whiny prima Donna.....he's acting like a 3 year old who doesn't get his way.
But seriously, what is "his way"?  What does he want?  He's one of the highest paid WRs in the game today, on a deal with multiple years remaining.  Through week 16 (as he didn't play week 17) he was tied as the most targeted player in the game (167 targets, tied with D Adams) - 13 more than Juju, and the most he's had in 3 years. 

I don't think many steeler fans would be sad to see this idiot traded. He has turned into a complete piece of garbage. They didnt make the playoffs with him so it wouldn't be that big of an issue. I doubt anyone would take the contract though. 

But seriously, what is "his way"?  What does he want?  He's one of the highest paid WRs in the game today, on a deal with multiple years remaining.  Through week 16 (as he didn't play week 17) he was tied as the most targeted player in the game (167 targets, tied with D Adams) - 13 more than Juju, and the most he's had in 3 years. 
Exactly.  He also led all WR in TDs this year with 15 (a career high).  His anger with the Steelers is puzzling.

Disagree.  Showing up on Sunday after skipping every practice during the week, missing meetings, missing the Saturday walk through, all while going "radio silent" with the Steelers does not meet the criteria of making yourself available for the game.
Really nothing to disagree or agree on. There is a difference in preparing to play and being available to play. Ty Hilton did not practice for weeks and still played. He was available to play and at the game. Period. This is not a debate. He was available to play and the team, rightfully so in my opinion, told him no.

Um, I think you just made my point.......seems like a dude who wants out, and will go to like SF and realize how good he had it .....and the way he handles his business is childish

But seriously, what is "his way"?  What does he want?  
That's a good question and with all of his other antics tone wonder if his mental state is an issue and he has no idea what he wants.

If there is an issue I think it ties into him believing the team went to Bencentric. Ben seems to have won the battle, got rid of Haley, got his guy in Fichtner.  It hardly seems like enough to cause but best I can speculate.

I think he’s saying he didn’t lose a game check because he showed up. If he was AWOL, he wouldn’t have been paid.
You have to be suspended, teams can't just choose to not pay you.

Either way that's a lot of conjecture as to why he showed up at the stadium to play.

And to anyone else who wants to quote my post about him showing up to play. Before you do please go back and read the context of that post. I'm replying to a post comping him to TO. I'm not defending him,  he did not get officially suspended but for all intents and purposes got unofficially suspended week 17. Like TO. Neither of those two actually went AWOL, they just acted in such a negative way as to give their teams no choice.

Really nothing to disagree or agree on. 

it's not quite accurate to keep portraying this in a way that suggests he did not make himself available to play.
I disagree that we don't have anything to disagree on :lol:  

Showing up to the game is not enough to "make himself available to play" - that's too little too late.  He fell way short of the "make himself available to play" line.  His actions all made him unavailable to play.

We can drop it, but AB DID go AWOL by not showing up to the MRI, not showing up to meetings, not returning calls by Tomlin, not showing up on Saturday walk through --- that is the definition of AWOL.
Even having his agent call Tomlin on Sunday morning saying that he was available to play.  WTF is that?

Player wants to be paid. Player gets paid

2 years later Player wants to be traded. Player can't be traded because of how much he is to then be paid.

Irony. 

You have to be suspended, teams can't just choose to not pay you.
Well... teams can suspend players and not pay them, as PHI did to TO. "Conduct detrimental to the team." So technically teams can just choose to suspend you and not pay you. Not trying to be picky here... but when I read your post I felt like you were implying they have to be suspended from the commissioner's office, and the team has no say really. 

Lots of drama around the steelers for some reason.  I wonder if brown is close with bell
Stars tend to be drama queens or have large egos

Stars that start to get older can't stand when younger guys come in and either show more potential than them, or start to take some spot light off of them. Women, fans, ownership, coaching, whatever. They tend to have a hard time adjusting to change. Things are great when you're 27 and at the top of your game. Then 4-5 years later the team starts to groom or plan for the next generation and suddenly it's the worst team to play for. 

Ben was all set for retirement until they drafted Rudolph and now suddenly he wants to play several more years and refuses to mentor him. They think they're bigger than the team

Rumor saying he was pissed because the team voted JuJu as team MVP and not Brown who had it the last 4 years previously...

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/01/03/team-mvp-snub-may-have-sparked-antonio-browns-ire/
Team MVP? Does every NFL team participate in this? What an awful idea.

Seems like no good can come out of something like that in the ego-driven world of NFL football.

They already get paid millions, and get worshiped like gods/rock stars. Is a glorified employee of the month ribbon also needed to reward some lucky guy for doing his job well?

"Juju, here's your gift card for Lone Star Steakhouse... don't say anything to Antonio"

Well... teams can suspend players and not pay them, as PHI did to TO. "Conduct detrimental to the team." So technically teams can just choose to suspend you and not pay you. Not trying to be picky here... but when I read your post I felt like you were implying they have to be suspended from the commissioner's office, and the team has no say really. 
Should have been obvious I was talking about at a team imposed suspension.

I disagree that we don't have anything to disagree on :lol:  

Showing up to the game is not enough to "make himself available to play" - that's too little too late.  He fell way short of the "make himself available to play" line.  His actions all made him unavailable to play.
I'll just ask one question and be done with this. If Tomlin allowed AB to play would he have been able and present to play? The answer is obviously yes.

Users who are viewing this thread