What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Antonio Brown, FA (6 Viewers)

Hard to not find a coach from that era who was not a strict disiplinarian. Players were a lot more inclined to toe the line in those days.

But I think you can be a strict disciplinarian with most of your team and still give the stars more leash. I'm sure you'd say Parcells is a strict disciplinarian, I would. I'm also sure he gave LT a lot more leash and there are things LT could do that say the 40th man on the roster could not get away with it.
I agree that the 40th man is expendable and sometimes made a scapegoat to scare the rest of the team.  Yes, coaches do have favorites and it isn't fair, but IMO they should do their best to treat everyone the same.  Brown being able to stay in his own apartment while everyone else is together crosses the line IMO and isn't good for the locker room.

I agree that the 40th man is expendable and sometimes made a scapegoat to scare the rest of the team.  Yes, coaches do have favorites and it isn't fair, but IMO they should do their best to treat everyone the same.  Brown being able to stay in his own apartment while everyone else is together crosses the line IMO and isn't good for the locker room.
I don't like the "treat everyone the same" motto.

Have a baseline of expectations laid out for everyone.  Be on time, etc.  Beyond that, some will get preferential treatment based on their production.  

Looks like the Steelers did not even have the basics covered.

I don't like the "treat everyone the same" motto.

Have a baseline of expectations laid out for everyone.  Be on time, etc.  Beyond that, some will get preferential treatment based on their production.  

Looks like the Steelers did not even have the basics covered.
The apartment thing with everyone else together was a mistake by the Steeler brass.

The apartment thing with everyone else together was a mistake by the Steeler brass.
Yea.. what I was saying.

He should get paid more, he should sit first class, he should get preference in the training schedule, etc..... but EVERYONE should be on time, be with the team when traveling and camp, etc.

Some serious tail wagging the dog going on in PIT.

Last edited by a moderator:
Funny because when  I read that article I had a whole different interpretation then you and did in fact come away thinking his teammates are enamored of him, would welcome him back and in no way is he is some kind of locker room cancer or bad teammate. Seems like his worst sin is running a little late sometimes.

Yeah, I thought I made it clear that their interpretation of his teammates’ reactions to his behavior might be a bit different than their glowing interpretation of it.  If it wasn’t clear then, hopefully it is now.  Speaking for myself, if one of my teammates had done that I would have had little to no tolerance for it, and the cuter he acted the more pissed off I would have gotten.

What is up with AB? He better check himself or he is gonna wreck himself.

Better ho,d off on my attempt to sell till the next positive news cycle. 😡

What is up with AB? He better check himself or he is gonna wreck himself.

Better ho,d off on my attempt to sell till the next positive news cycle. 😡
We have no details of the domestic dispute and he wasn't arrested so it may be nothing but considering AB actions over the past year it certainly is understandable if people jump to conclusions.   As I said in the Steelers thread, if AB wants traded he isn't making it easier for the Steelers to deal him with all of his shenanigans.

We have no details of the domestic dispute and he wasn't arrested so it may be nothing but considering AB actions over the past year it certainly is understandable if people jump to conclusions.   As I said in the Steelers thread, if AB wants traded he isn't making it easier for the Steelers to deal him with all of his shenanigans.
Kareem Hunt wasn't arrested.

Kareem Hunt wasn't arrested.
True but there was a pretty damning video wasn't there? 

I am not defending Brown in the least; all I am saying is that there are no details other than the police were called for a domestic dispute and there were no arrests.  Still I think most of us (me included) are assuming the worst because of all of his recent antics on and off the field.

I just don't like young NFLers doing a lot of endoresments and off field stuff.

Saw a commercial where there lays Goff and Gurley looking at cloud formations.  Hmmm?

I can see it for old timers near retirement, but young guys....nay!

Dak Prescott has done what? 

NFL spokesman Brian McCarthy said the league will "look into" the Antonio Brown domestic incident from January.

Miami, Fla. radio host Andy Slater obtained a copy of the incident report from police, shedding a bit more light on the situation. The mother of Brown's daughter went to AB's home in Hollywood, Fla. and tried to collect money for reimbursement of a haircut for the child. Brown allegedly refused and ended up two-hand pushing the woman to the ground. The woman later refused to complete a victim affidavit and nothing came of the matter. For now, it doesn't seem like Brown will face any discipline, but we've seen the NFL take its time with these situations before.

Source: Profootballtalk on NBC Sports 

Feb 6 - 1:03 PM

This is probably going to complicate matters.  Anyone willing to pay enough to make it worth it to the Steelers is going to be thinking about the possible suspension...

Can they void his contract if he gets suspended? 

This is probably going to complicate matters.  Anyone willing to pay enough to make it worth it to the Steelers is going to be thinking about the possible suspension...

Not sure about that but the Steelers have to be near the breaking point with AB if they aren't there already.   

As a non-Steeler fan but sympathizer, I don't think you're going to get value for probably if not the best, then at least second or third in the entire league.   

There goes the endorsments, nobody wants t be associated with an abuser of women.

And teams will think harder about adding him to their roster now despite his talent.

His best bet is to meet with his owner and convince him a new leaf is being turned over can he please stay a Steeler.

There goes the endorsments, nobody wants t be associated with an abuser of women.
Whoa. Slow down. Based on what I read we seem a long way from him being labeled an abuser of women. I don't think this will impact him in the least unless some video exists that shows something else.

Why on earth is Antonio Brown in an argument -- and subsequent physical confrontation -- over his child's haircut money??

Last edited by a moderator:
rockaction said:
Why on earth is Antonio Brown in an argument -- and subsequent physical confrontation -- over his child's haircut money??
He really can't control someone coming to house and screaming for haircut money. Per the police report AB indicated he would give her the money but needed her to step outside his house first so he could close the door because he needed to go get the money. He has other kids to look out for so totally natural that he'd want what appears to be an agitated female to step outside.

The axiom about you can never put your hands on a women is not really true. You can if you feel the need to protect yourself, you can if you feel the need to protect others. By her own admission she refused to leave his residence and he shoved her out of his doorway so he could shut the door. Again without seeing a video, without knowing the frame of this women's mind at the time and knowing AB has been described as always having his kids around him I'm just not ready to pile on him over shoving someone who might have been volatile and angry, and who certainly refused to leave, out of his house which likely had other kids inside so he could shut the door.  This was cited in the police report as a reason her charge of battery(which she later tried to walk back) could not be supported, implying he had every right to shove her so he could close his own door.

There are only two ways this becomes an issue. Video and/or other women coming out of woodwork claiming he put their hands on them. If this is it, this is nothing.

If this is it, this is nothing.
In a vacuum, probably.

But from the Steelers perspective this is another thing in the long list of issues AB has had over the last year or so.  If the Steelers want to trade him this does nothing but drive his value down further.

He really can't control someone coming to house and screaming for haircut money. Per the police report AB indicated he would give her the money but needed her to step outside his house first so he could close the door because he needed to go get the money. He has other kids to look out for so totally natural that he'd want what appears to be an agitated female to step outside.

The axiom about you can never put your hands on a women is not really true. You can if you feel the need to protect yourself, you can if you feel the need to protect others. By her own admission she refused to leave his residence and he shoved her out of his doorway so he could shut the door. Again without seeing a video, without knowing the frame of this women's mind at the time and knowing AB has been described as always having his kids around him I'm just not ready to pile on him over shoving someone who might have been volatile and angry, and who certainly refused to leave, out of his house which likely had other kids inside so he could shut the door.  This was cited in the police report as a reason her charge of battery(which she later tried to walk back) could not be supported, implying he had every right to shove her so he could close his own door.

There are only two ways this becomes an issue. Video and/or other women coming out of woodwork claiming he put their hands on them. If this is it, this is nothing.
Good points, all.  

In a vacuum, probably.

But from the Steelers perspective this is another thing in the long list of issues AB has had over the last year or so.  If the Steelers want to trade him this does nothing but drive his value down further.
 Probably puts a hold on trade talks for a few weeks to do some due diligence so in that sense I can see where it hurts his value but if this is it and it's all cleared away before his bonus is due in March I don't think it will do a thing to his value.

If I had to guess I'd say AB has a security camera on his front door and I'd expect the NFL to request footage if so. If this did not go like the police report  or if AB refuses to hand over any security footage that the NFL investigation deems should be available then we got major problems, but again barring something like it's nothing to AB or his trade value if that police report was how things really went down.

rockaction said:
Bet you AB spends at least a rack for his haircuts, so I would think the cost of his kids cuts are probably enough money to cause a scene over.

I just read that AB has 5 kids with 3 different women.  No wonder he's losing his mind...

Bet you AB spends at least a rack for his haircuts, so I would think the cost of his kids cuts are probably enough money to cause a scene over.

I just read that AB has 5 kids with 3 different women.  No wonder he's losing his mind...
I will never understand this. In my life. Ever. 

Fastest way to be broke.  Oh my. Well, thanks for the info.  

There has been speculation from a few local sports media people that the Steelers will be lucky to get more than a 5th or 6th round pick this year or possibly a higher but conditional pick in 2020.    :(

There has been speculation from a few local sports media people that the Steelers will be lucky to get more than a 5th or 6th round pick this year or possibly a higher but conditional pick in 2020.    :(

:lol:

That ought to send him a strong message of exactly what his value is in the NFL - for no other reason than his own making.  No one questions his talent.  But I’m guessing he’ll miss it completely.

menobrown said:
I think most players equate their value to what they get paid, not what they get back in a trade.
Antonio Brown is a sensitive fella. He essentially walked off the team after he wasn’t named MVP and now the team is struggling to give him away. 

Compare this to Revis, six years ago, who was making 50% more money than AB does in current day, was rehabbing a torn ACL, and STILL netted a first rounder from the Bucs. Now THAT is value.

Antonio Brown is a sensitive fella. He essentially walked off the team after he wasn’t named MVP and now the team is struggling to give him away. 
I've contended since this started that not being named MVP was not an issue, his issues are almost entirely centered around his QB.

As for struggling to give him away depends who and what you want to believe but I don't believe that's the case. We'll see.

From whom?  That sounds awfully low, even to a neutral observer. Gordon netter a fifth, and not only is not the receiver Brown is, he brought a lot of baggage with him -- much more than Brown.  

Antonio Brown‏Verified account @AB84

FollowFollow @AB84

More

Thank you SteelerNation for a big 9 years...time to move on and forward.......... #NewDemands

FollowFollow @AB84

More

Thank you SteelerNation for a big 9 years...time to move on and forward.......... #NewDemands
Does this immature moron realize he is under contract? Probably not, he probably couldn't read anything on it. I hope the trade offers are so bad that the Steelers have to keep him. Then just deactivate his dumb a@@ for the entire season. 

FollowFollow @AB84

More

For Pete’s sake.  He wants to be traded so badly, and then does a bunch of stuff that diminishes his value and costs PIT leverage in trying to move him.  This guy is not the sharpest knife in the drawer.

Users who are viewing this thread