Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Antonio Brown - Official Thread

Just now, Workhorse said:

Wow. What a trainwreck. Bump Ty Williams?

I’ve been bumping him all preseason. I drafted him for $7/500 in a dynasty start-up & I’m feeling pretty ok about that. 

AB went for $90 in that same league. 

that was in late July when frozen feet were his only concern. Good times, good times. 

7 minutes ago, Craig_MiamiFL said:

Raiders need to move on. 

Take nothing away from what he's done, but the guy will be out of the league soon IMO.

And do yourself a favor and grab Renfrow. 

Fantastic fit with Carr. And costs nothing. I would take him over Ty Williams in PPR if this AB thing boils over into release/retirement. If the AB thing is only temporary then just cut him.

Edited by Craig_MiamiFL
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Manster said:

Stuck to my DND, and glad I did.

Same. Team 1.09 took AB on the way back. I took Hill at 2.05, one pick later. 

Feeling mighty good about that. 

Had he taken Hill 2.04 I would have gone with Evans or Kelce. 

There was no way I wanted any part of that mess. And that draft was a couple hours after helmet-gate was resolved.

There’s literally no way a suspension is the bottom of this. The bottom will fall out of the bottom. There’s a basement here we haven’t seen or imagined. I’m guessing it’ll involve a high speed chase &some combination of a pony, drugs & a dwarven prostitute. :shrug:

• Laughing 1

1 minute ago, simey said:

He should be evaluated for mental illness in general. 

A guy at work pitched the CTE angle to me earlier today.  1st time I'd heard it, but it does make total sense.  Since that Burfict hit, his personality has been different.  He went from what I envisioned as a juvenile prankster and fun-loving ugy to a juvenile jack### diva.

@AdamSchefter

There are those around the league who now believe the Raiders could suspend Antonio Brown with the idea of trying to void the $30.125 million of guaranteed money in his contract. Which obviously would end his time in Oakland.

What they must do at this point.

Putting their support behind him with his helmet fiasco didn't work obviously. This is a bad team with or without Antonio Brown. Get out of the contract and move on. 

They'll need another outside WR long-term but I think they struck gold in the slot with Renfrow. He has the short area quickness that NFL really value (see contracts awarded to Beasley and Humphries). And you just really never know. His outcomes could range from Beasley to Edelman. He fits well with what Carr does.

Edited by Craig_MiamiFL

5 minutes ago, Craig_MiamiFL said:

What they must do at this point.

Putting their support behind him with his helmet fiasco didn't work obviously. This is a bad team with or without Antonio Brown. Get out of the contract and move on. 

They'll need another outside WR long-term but I think they struck gold in the slot with Renfrow. He has the short area quickness that NFL really value (see contracts awarded to Beasley and Humphries). And you just really never know. His outcomes could range from Beasley to Edelman. He fits well with what Carr does.

There has been tremendous support over the helmet issue and yet, he just keeps on being a clown. I believe that you are correct and that he will never play a down for the Raiders.