What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Antonio Brown, FA (6 Viewers)

also i think this gets resolved and AB plays on sunday.

A significant fine. after Davis meets with mayock, Gruden, and AB.

AP beats a 4 year old in the genitals with a stick, everyone loves him.

AB acts weird all the time and yelled while punting a ball. We're calling for his head and saying he's a cancer.

I think this says more about us than anything else.
Apples to oranges really. One is directly related to his job, the other is an off the field behavior. Only in our hyper judgmental society does personal conduct become a factor. 

Thanks for keeping me on point, but im fairly certain everyone knows what i mean
So no trade forecast then? 

lol

sorry - just thought it was funny. I’m not sure I agree it’ll all be sunshine & butterflies, but you can bet Drew Rosenhaus has a pucker-factor of 11 right now. 

Whats 5% of $30,000,000? 

Last edited by a moderator:
If the Raiders don’t suspend him to protect themselves from the guaranteed money, they are being negligent.  The fines/letter was to build a papertrail to justify a later suspension. After he acted this way, they need to suspend him for game 1 so they can cut bait this year if necessary.  Knowing his money is at risk may scare him straight. 

also i think this gets resolved and AB plays on sunday.

A significant fine. after Davis meets with mayock, Gruden, and AB.
If they actually said they were suspending him - and I'm not sure that's been confirmed - it would be a mistake not go through with it. 

If he physically threatened mayock, it would be a mistake not to suspend him. 

It would also be a mistake to suspend him for more than one game.  There's no meaningful difference between one game and two except that it hurts the team more and creates more bad blood with the player.  

I expect a one game suspension and a public apology in drew's handwriting.  

The Raiders hold all the cards here.  AB has probably earned $0 so far (he didn't earn his first $500k bonus), and is $50k in the hole in fines.  Suspend him one game and void all the guaranteed money.  Let him play week to week until he screws up again. 

That’d be one crazy AF resolution since the Raiders don’t play until Monday night.  :unsure:
Well, he's kind of been on his own program apart from the team since he got to oak, no?

The only story I have heard from being around his teammates were the criticisms that he was playing on mobile devices during team meetings. At this point does he even know the playbook? Does he have ANY chemistry with Carr?

I agree. I live in the DC area and am a lifelong Skins fan... I hate that he is on my team. He belongs in prison.

Last year he publicly said he still beats on his kids, nothing was done. No idea why Mike Vick was crucified for tangential involvement in dog fighting but AP can beat a child senseless and society allows it.
Agree, AP is a POS.

Brown just seems like he's going off the deep-end, or he really does have regrets and is causing a scene become some other team has been courting him. 

Suspend him one game so his money is threatened. He either gets it together after that or if still a wacko or gets worse you then can cut him. Don’t cut him now and make him a FA to sign wherever. That’s a reward. 

Everyone saying the Steelers got fleeced in the trade. Lolololololol. This is pure gold, robbed the raiders when we gave them martavis, and now brown. 
As a long time Raider fan, I hated this trade from the start.   I never understood why a rebuilding team would give up any draft picks for a 31-year old WR no matter how great he is.  Throw in that the WR has been crazy on a great time and the move made no sense. 

The Raiders better suspend Brown for at least one game in the first step towards cutting him and getting out of the contract.   With Brown, the Riaders may win 6 games.   Without Brown, the Raiders win less games and that is better for a rebuilding team in need of early draft picks.   

If they suspend (or cut) Brown before Monday night, then it looks like the Raiders can keep $29 million of the $30 million that was guaranteed.

Also, there's a loophole in the CBA which allows teams to cut bait with veterans who aren't on the active roster for Week 1. So, they could suspend him for Week 1, then reinstate him for Week 2.......and then cut him a few weeks later and still avoid paying him the rest of his contract.
Can I just say that you are brilliant.  I want someone like you in the negotiating room with me!

It has also been speculated that perhaps AB just isn't feeling ready and is trying to get an out.  

It has also been speculated that he simply doesn't want to play for the Raiders and there are some teams out there he would rather play for.  
Brown doesn't really control his destiny, though. He can't force the Raiders to cut him. In the very least, they can control him for the next 4 weeks (which is the maximum time you can suspend a player for Conduct Detrimental To The Team, as long as the player is meeting the minimum requirements of the NFL's conduct policy). But if Brown re-offends, then the Raiders can just suspend him for another 4 games, and so on. And even if Brown behaves himself, the Raiders could still get pretty petty by putting him on the active roster and just benching him every week.

Rosenhaus just did an interview on NFL network.  He's working on this. He thinks the relationship can be salvaged. Brown wants to be a raider.  He is hoping for no suspension.  The raiders are discussing things internally and it's up to them.  Eisen made sure to ask, and drew thinks brown is mentally ok and is 100 percent able to play at a high level this season. 
🤣AB only wants to play for the Raiders for the money.  He doesn't want to be a Raider.  it's the biggest dumpster fire in the NFL.

I agree. I live in the DC area and am a lifelong Skins fan... I hate that he is on my team. He belongs in prison.

Last year he publicly said he still beats on his kids, nothing was done. No idea why Mike Vick was crucified for tangential involvement in dog fighting but AP can beat a child senseless and society allows it.
Vick wasn’t crucified. He went to jail, and walked into a plum gig upon release.

🤣AB only wants to play for the Raiders for the money.  He doesn't want to be a Raider.
I would think that if AB was really in it for the money then he would have been savvy enough to cut back on the lunacy just long enough to have his salary guaranteed.

I would think that if AB was really in it for the money then he would have been savvy enough to cut back on the lunacy just long enough to have his salary guaranteed.
GL with the lawsuit if OAK cuts him.  They might settle for a lesser amount but AB will still get paid from another team.

Mayock is a TV announcer, not a GM.  In the end AB will win if he gets cut.  

🤣AB only wants to play for the Raiders for the money.  He doesn't want to be a Raider.  it's the biggest dumpster fire in the NFL.
Steelers ate $20m+ in cap to get rid of him.  He quit on his team the final week of the regular season when they were fighting for a playoff spot.  I don't think the Raiders are the problem here.

GL with the lawsuit if OAK cuts him.  They might settle for a lesser amount but AB will still get paid from another team.

Mayock is a TV announcer, not a GM.  In the end AB will win if he gets cut.  
AB might "win" by signing with another team, but there's no way he'll get $30 million of guaranteed money.

If the Raiders cut him, he won't see any of that guaranteed money.

From what I understand, zero chance AB plays Monday night.   That would make the first season no longer guaranteed, but paid to play.  Start there.  

Mayock has AB.  AB ain't going anywhere.  AB ain't getting traded.  AB ain't getting cut.  If AB wants to play football, AB is going to deal with Mayock and Gruden and the rest of his teammates face to face, man to man.  And it starts by triggering the "no longer guaranteed" clause. 

Question is: Will AB man up and apologize to Mayock, Gruden and his teammates for how he acted in practice?  Or is he going to continue in this trajectory?  

Last edited by a moderator:
Steelers ate $20m+ in cap to get rid of him.  He quit on his team the final week of the regular season when they were fighting for a playoff spot.  I don't think the Raiders are the problem here.
yet the Raiders paid him after knowing that.   it's their own fault.  I hope AB wins just to show how inept the Raiders front office is.

The Raiders got away with stiffing Mike Shanahan, Lane Kiffin, and JaMarcus Russell. Pretty sure they'll be able to get away with stiffing Brown too.

Today a reporter that had a recent interview with Antonio stated that he said the only person on the Steelers that told him to be more mature with his bad antics was Big Ben.
Pretty sure that the last person who's word I'd believe about AB's "bad antics" and who said what to him is AB. 

he's out of football for good if he leaves the Raiders.he'll be blacklisted. it's 100% clear he does NOT want to play for Oaktown,and probably equally clear that he simply does not want to play football anymore.

how did the 'vaunted' Steelers organization allow both he and Bell to act up like this for all these years? who the hell is in control in the steelers front office? wow
Naw, if the Raiders cut him the Chiefs immediately come to mind as a team that would sign AB. Charter issues are Ried’s bag. Can you imagine the Chiefs with AB?  Wow!

Naw, if the Raiders cut him the Chiefs immediately come to mind as a team that would sign AB. Charter issues are Ried’s bag. Can you imagine the Chiefs with AB?  Wow!
I can imagine it being a hot mess. 

What team has the cap room to sign AB even if he does get cut? 

Could a “conduct detrimental” team thing also be enforced as a “conduct detrimental” league thing & result in a suspension? Someone mentioned 4 games earlier...

would seem to go hand-in-glove. Every bit of Brown’s shenanigans has been a bad look. I don’t think it’s going on a limb to say the league might discipline him too. Otherwise there’s a risk of the perception being that AB was rewarded for this behavior. 

Can’t be threatening to punch a GB. That’s bad for ball. 

If this has created/exposed a rift between Mayock and Gruden, that is way worse than a rift between the Raiders and Brown.

Raiders may be able to get out of Brown's contract without penalty, but they still owe Gruden a LOT of money. So if it comes down to it, would the Raiders keep Brown and Gruden and send Mayock packing? Cause if you do that, good luck hiring a decent GM.
They have a GM that’s never done the job. This is gruden’s team. Make no mistake. His and his alone. They’ll throw mayock out whenever it suits them. 

They have a GM that’s never done the job. This is gruden’s team. Make no mistake. His and his alone. They’ll throw mayock out whenever it suits them. 
Mayock is his guy. Like Bruce Allen before. He already got Reggie tossed. Can’t do the blame game on the GM again this quick 

I'm surprised that some of you seem to think that the Raiders suspending Brown and voiding all of his guaranteed money is going to have an end result of calming Brown down. 

This is the same guy that forced his way out of Pittsburgh when it's still not clear what he was even so upset about. And who threatened to retire because he couldn't wear the helmet he wanted to wear anymore. You think he's going to take the humiliation of losing his guaranteed money and just tuck his tail between his legs and come back and play hard? I just don't see anything that would indicate that is likely.

Users who are viewing this thread