What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Antonio Brown, FA (15 Viewers)

If the Raiders don't move on from Brown that would say more about them than AB.  He keeps saying he doesn't need football, and it seems like he'll be without it soon enough.
This is awesome

You're fined

"screw you, I will punch you in the face, fine me for that"

you're suspended

(tearfully) "I'm so sorry"

not buying it, were taking back guarantees

"release me, I never want to play for you, I'll go play for someone else"

Nah, we will keep you for now

"fine, I dont need football anyways" 

Last edited by a moderator:
As an aside, how the heck is money "guaranteed" if it can be voided by the team that has to pay it laying down a suspension that they only have to give very vague reasons for?

What else is there? Renfroe? JJ Nelson? If you have a deep bench they may be worth a flyer. They have a pretty bad defense and should be plenty of garbage time. 

Neither of those teams are going to bring in AB.  

After this?  Maybe Seattle.  Maybe NE.  And that is the end of the line IMO.  What coach can handle that?  Tomlin looks like a champ now.  I never had so much respect for Gruden in how he handled this.  

And no one is going to guarantee significant money to AB anymore.  That money ride is over. 
I almost added NE because Belichick could handle him. But I think that would require a frank and mature discussion and nonguaranteed contract. Not sure AB could handle either currently. 

Ok I’ll ask: What’s his current fantasy trade value in keeper / redraft?

He’s clearly a huge risk but there is obvious upside if / when he gets on the field. 

At least Mandarich played for awhile, as did Gordon.  Go look up the Ryan Leaf saga.

First off, applause to the Raiders for putting the team and the tone they're trying to set above coddling their best player.  I thought that wasn't possible in today's NFL.  Second, it's unimaginable how much money he's cost himself.

"The Raiders eventually may be able to put Brown on the reserve/left squad list, if he leaves the team and refuses return after receiving the so-called “five-day letter.” If that happens, Brown gets shut down for the season, and he can’t go play for another team."

Where is Rosenhaus here? Why isn't people telling AB look, you are getting yourself in SO deep you will lose everything if you don't shut your mouth, play the game and honor the contract in some way ?

Or ... AB is so selfish and diva nobody can tell him anything? I think this is it ... and in 5 years, AB will be broke if not sooner and I don't know that an NFL team will have him right now even 

If he is released, it seems that he will be owed nothing. BUT, will he still owe the Raiders the fines? Can be in the minus?

I think his career is over. I really don't think anyone would be willing to take a chance on him. He's not worth the circus and chaos he would bring to a team.

"The Raiders eventually may be able to put Brown on the reserve/left squad list, if he leaves the team and refuses return after receiving the so-called “five-day letter.” If that happens, Brown gets shut down for the season, and he can’t go play for another team."

Where is Rosenhaus here? Why isn't people telling AB look, you are getting yourself in SO deep you will lose everything if you don't shut your mouth, play the game and honor the contract in some way ?

Or ... AB is so selfish and diva nobody can tell him anything? I think this is it ... and in 5 years, AB will be broke if not sooner and I don't know that an NFL team will have him right now even 
No agent can babysit a player in season.  This isn't on DR. 

This is all on AB.  

Rosenhaus is a mediator. He also has other clients he has to manage. I think teams honestly like the guy. He’s not going to burn down those bridges for one idiot.

I can guarantee that he’s been told many times the ramifications of not shutting up and playing. He doesn’t care or is incapable of controlling himself.

People saying he has no value. It's almost like they never opened the Tyreek Hill thread. 

"But this time it's different!"

Buy when there is blood in the streets. I offered a late first before this latest round of noise and will keep it on the table.

He'll be putting up WR1 numbers somewhere the next 2-3 years. 

People saying he has no value. It's almost like they never opened the Tyreek Hill thread. 

"But this time it's different!"

Buy when there is blood in the streets. I offered a late first before this latest round of noise and will keep it on the table.

He'll be putting up WR1 numbers somewhere the next 2-3 years. 
Hill isn't a locker room cancer. Apparently, AB is. 

I went against my better judgement and took Brown in the second round.   :wall:  Big Ben and Tomlin are looking pretty good right now as they were never the problem.  

In a 12 team league in don't think you'd get anything for him even if the other 11 guys were all Antonio Brown.
I’m playing against his owner in week 1. The guy is clearly fed up with Antonio. My WR situation is good but not great. 

Was mostly curious as I’m tempted to toss out something and see if he bites. If AB plays then all the better. If I give him something ehh and I’m wrong, oh well. That’s why I was curious what others might take now. 

True, but if I had that much at stake with a client, I assign an intern to do exactly that, babysit him, and I don't allow AB to say a word without it being first screened.  
“Oh yeah Drew seems like you’re trying to HOLD THE BLACK MAN DOWN. You’re fired”

I’m playing against his owner in week 1. The guy is clearly fed up with Antonio. My WR situation is good but not great. 

Was mostly curious as I’m tempted to toss out something and see if he bites. If AB plays then all the better. If I give him something ehh and I’m wrong, oh well. That’s why I was curious what others might take now. 
In dynasty I'd take a bag of frozen broccoli. And I think that stuff comes directly from the devil.

Man... don’t #### with Mike Mayock
That headline slash url is BS. 

They can not cut him AND keep him from playing for somebody else. 

They can send him the 5 day letter, but if he shows up they have to pay him or cut him. 

Typical PFT 

I don’t think he wants to play anymore and this is his out. 

Or he’s just crazy and doesn’t care about the money and sees himself the victim and will put his perceived principles above money etc. 

Either way, he’s done. 

Hill isn't a locker room cancer. Apparently, AB is. 
So was TO. At age 32 the cancer shot his way out of the Philly locker room, called out his QB constantly, fights in locker room, etc and was suspended for conduct detrimental to the team. If there was Twitter back then I'm sure it was filled with "No one will sign the head case" etc. 

He was released the next year and went on to have three WR 1 seasons with Dallas averaging like 13 TDs. 

Talent >>>>>> Drama

Always has always will. 

So was TO. At age 32 the cancer shot his way out of the Philly locker room, called out his QB constantly, fights in locker room, etc and was suspended for conduct detrimental to the team. If there was Twitter back then I'm sure it was filled with "No one will sign the head case" etc. 

He was released the next year and went on to have three WR 1 seasons with Dallas averaging like 13 TDs. 

Talent >>>>>> Drama

Always has always will. 
Even Terrell Owens thinks Antonio Brown has gone too far

Users who are viewing this thread