What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Antonio Brown, FA (9 Viewers)

Wonder if there is such a thing as being banned for “conduct detrimental to the league.”  Roger might have something to say.
There is "Conduct Detrimental To The Team" (max 4 game suspension unless the player continues to act out) and "Conduct Detrimental To The League" (which can be an indefinite suspension but typically involves a higher threshold for behavior, such as a criminal accusation).

ProFootballTalk's Mike Florio suggests the Raiders may try to place Antonio Brown on the reserve/left squad list.

Brown would need to be away from the team for five days to be eligible. It's one possible outcome for how the Raiders move forward with Brown, who has no plans of playing for Oakland after they voided his guaranteed money. Placing Brown on the left squad list would shut him down for the season and prevent him from joining another team. There's unlikely to be much league interest in Brown given his off-field baggage. The Raiders' best bet may be trying to trade him next offseason.
this doesn’t sound promising for MN PT. 
that last part was my $.02

got trapped in the quote somehow. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Just got offered Curtis Samuel in Dynasty PPR, but don't think I can pull the trigger. Have crowd sourced the offer on Twitter and early poll results are about 75% prefer Samuel and/or have no interest in Brown at any price, with 20% preferring Brown.
Redraft Samuel at this point. Dynasty depends on your risk tolerance. I would probably keep AB hoping that he gets another chance somewhere else. Not optimistic about that though.

Well, have him as a 3rd round keeper, I guess there is a chance he goes somewhere better and increases his value, but not too optimistic. 

Tom Pelissero‏Verified account @TomPelissero 5m5 minutes ago

Antonio Brown is not subject to waivers. He can now sign with any team ... and there's a lot of homework for those teams to do.

I thought they should have suspended him- but outright cut him? 

Gotta be more to this story. 
Did you really think that the Raiders could void his guaranteed money and suspend him, and Brown would ever willingly play for them and/or never be a distraction/nightmare again?

I don’t know why anyone thinks there is going to be a second chance coming. He just got cut for not playing without guarantees. Who is going to guarantee him a bunch of money and let him set the rules. Certainly not the teams with cap space to pay him (Tennessee/Indy) or teams with long winning histories (New England/Baltimore). Maybe Cleveland, maybe Seattle? I don’t know... I don’t know which coaches would deal with that.

Spotrac‏Verified account @spotrac 2h2 hours ago

Antonio Brown’s $1M signing bonus was actually two $500,000 workout bonuses that required he attend at least 85% of the offseason program. He didn’t, so he’s already lost $500k. If he’s released prior to Week 1, he’ll leave Oakland with $0 cash earned, & $0 dead cap.

I thought they should have suspended him- but outright cut him? 

Gotta be more to this story. 
 Like what? The guy cursed out, threatened physical violence against, and used a slur against the general manager in front of the entire team. Think about that for a minute. 

I can’t see a playoff contender bringing AB into their locker room. Thinking Giants or Cincy might take a chance. He ain’t getting $30 million this time...

Last edited by a moderator:
Spotrac‏Verified account @spotrac 2h2 hours ago

Antonio Brown’s $1M signing bonus was actually two $500,000 workout bonuses that required he attend at least 85% of the offseason program. He didn’t, so he’s already lost $500k. If he’s released prior to Week 1, he’ll leave Oakland with $0 cash earned, & $0 dead cap.
Raiders might be my new favorite team. Smart contract. Love that this bozo earned nothing throughout training camp.

As bad as this situation has seemed, as a Texans fan, I hope we kick the tires. 

Our offseason moves indicate a win-now approach clearly. Hopkins + Brown would be killer on the field. 

How ####ed are you in the head to just throw away all that money.     Atlanta needs to pay Julio Jones 1 billion a season after seeing this #### show. 

Well as an owner outright release is the first GOOD news today...

Said I wouldn’t draft him and did it anyway! He was my #2 WR but still, idiotic of me. 

Washington always brings in the cancers or off the field issue guys who get cut.  They also need WR and are very bad at running their franchise so they have to be the leaders.  Cincinatti is like Washington lite in this way, maybe they are number two. 

The Jets are also pretty dumb, I can see them making a move here. 

I don't think Miami signs him, they are committed to a tear down rebuild. 

I don't see the Giants going after him either, but Gettleman is a bit unpredictable... 

Users who are viewing this thread