Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Antonio Brown - Official Thread

2 minutes ago, Deamon said:

None of them have the cap space to make it work.  Especially not Dallas.

Pats I honestly don't see it.  They won't put up with anything, and Brown isn't simply going to learn his lesson and be a perfect teammate.  Pats isn't happening.

Hawks maybe I guess.  I think it's equally as likely that no one signs him as it is that someone does.

Hawks sounds right. PC would paint his helmet for him. 

• Like 1
  • Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

( •_•)     Seems like Antonio Brown got...       ( •_•)>⌐■-■         (⌐■_■) ...cold feet

He probably got Cold Feet 

I have no love lost for the Raiders as a Bronco fan, but I feel this type of situation needs to be addressed by the NFL. The Raiders did the "right thing" here and in the end, they pay for it by one o

Just now, grateful zed said:

everyone here is only worried about fantasy implications.

what about the poor raider fans.  :(

They got lots of entertainment, Proof that their new GM won't put up with #### and that there will be a better culture there, a better draft pick to get their QB of the future heading to Vegas, and ended up paying the guy $0. 

All for a 3rd and a 5th round pick.  Good trade.

• Laughing 1
30 minutes ago, oswizzle said:

I guess he saw enough of D.Carr to know he wouldnt sniff anything close to what he was putting up with Ben... Fake Meltdown to get out of Oakland... if he ends up with NE...this dude is a Genius and we all got played for dumb dumbs 

No. He got upset when the team told him he was going to be fined and that his 30 M guaranteed wasn't guaranteed after all. The guy saw his money at risk and did another freak out.

1 minute ago, Ghost Rider said:

On the list of best WR's since Jerry Rice, I might put Brown top 5, but he ain't ahead of Moss, Harrison, Owens or Calvin. I might put Julio ahead of him as well.  Brown's numbers were off the charts there for a few years, but remember that this is a pass-happy era and I don't think I've ever seen a QB force feed him the ball like Ben did for years.  Think of the numbers Julio Jones would put up if Matt Ryan force fed him the ball like that. 

well its not like Calvin wasn't fed in a similar manner.  I think its a testament to Brown that despite what you said, he was force fed, as an undersized guy he was able to create the space to still make a major impact.  Owens really may be the great one lost, he did run great routes but seemed to waver in terms of consistency, but he had the size where he could truly do it all.

17 minutes ago, steelwind said:

1.  A team will need 10+ mill in cap space to sign him.  AB won’t just settle let’s be clear on that.

2.  A team that is poised to make the playoffs and take a one year “prove it” contract.

Now go find that match.

more importantly to his potential re-employment in the NFL, I don't believe he would surrender his rights to social media, which of course would need to be a necessary pre-condition to receiving a contract.  AB will not play in the league again unless he signs off on such prohibitions.  This is Ocho Cinqo Part Deux.  He's going to end up in Canada.

1 minute ago, djjosee said:

:scared:

I lost interest during the JaMarcus Russell era--they kept rolling that guy out there when it was obvious he was crap. But think of all the bad coaches, bad drafts, bad teams, letting Cooper and Mack go, moving to Vegas, and now this embarassment. It's sad.

1 minute ago, Smack Tripper said:

well its not like Calvin wasn't fed in a similar manner.  I think its a testament to Brown that despite what you said, he was force fed, as an undersized guy he was able to create the space to still make a major impact.  Owens really may be the great one lost, he did run great routes but seemed to waver in terms of consistency, but he had the size where he could truly do it all.

The thing about Calvin is, he was a beast no matter who was throwing him the ball.  Heck, look at '08 when he was awesome despite Dan Orlovsky being the QB who started the most games for the Lions.  And I can't forget how unproductive Brown was during stretches when Ben was injured. 

• Like 1

David Carr

@DCarr8

Lies.

Quote Tweet

Ian Rapoport

@RapSheet

· 24m

Agent @RosenhausSports on @nflnetwork, talking WR Antonio Brown: “It’s been well-documented that it’s been a rocky road from the beginning. Unfortunately, not all relationships between players & teams work out. … Everybody had the best intentions going in but it didn’t pan out."

12:36 PM · Sep 7, 2019·Twitter for iPhone

Edited by ffldrew
  • Laughing 1
Just now, JohnnyU said:

I didn't know he had a drug addiction, but in the beginning it's a choice, not a mental illness.  You can only call it a mental illness after he is addicted.

nah, he's one of a dozen or so who are STILL trying to compare ab to gordon

• Thanks 1
1 minute ago, Deamon said:

Julio just got a 66M guaranteed extension.  And that my friends, is how you take talent + being a good teammate/person and turn it into getting rich.

Julio can now pay for dinner when he and Brown are out on the town together.   I wouldn't be surprised if AB did something tragic to himself.

Just now, JohnnyU said:

I didn't know he had a drug addiction, but in the beginning it's a choice, not a mental illness.  You can only call it a mental illness after he is addicted.

I'm talking about Josh Gordon.  And also speaking medically.  As in doctors say it's a mental illness.

1 minute ago, Deamon said:

Julio just got a 66M guaranteed extension.  And that my friends, is how you take talent + being a good teammate/person and turn it into getting rich.

Is this a real guarantee, or just a "guarantee"?