What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Antonio Brown, FA (7 Viewers)

How much longer until we hear who he's signing with?  I'm sure Rosenhaus is negotiating right now. 
He can't sign anywhere until 4:01 and it wouldn't be official until Monday. However, if AB wanted to explore his options and try to get a deal for the most money possible it would probably take a lot more than a few hours. Unless either of the following is true: 1) that there is a team willing to fork over big money or 2) he wanted off the Raiders and already had a destination picked out.

I don't think there was much interest in AB when the Steelers were shopping him. So he's now going to be in demand after all this?

I dunno about that.
Didn't he get traded to Buffalo first, but refused to play for them? 

I bet the interest was also limited because it was a trade-and-pay situation.  Nobody wants to give up draft capital for the privilege of laying out an irresponsible contract. 

If I was in his situation and found out that Carr couldn’t hit him, I’d probably do this.  If he wants to be the GOAT.  I remember back to a WR in Jax (can’t remember who) that they were fed up Bortles couldn’t get him the ball even in practice.
Jimmy Smith? 

NFL fans: Man, I hate guys who just play for the checks

Also NFL fans: AB U SO STOOPID, you just tossed away $30M
Those are not mutually exclusive. Both comments are similar in that fans just want their players to care about the game, the fans, and their teammates. The first comment applies to players who don't do that. The second is for a player that doesn't care and STILL ended up with no money. 

Those are not mutually exclusive. Both comments are similar in that fans just want their players to care about the game, the fans, and their teammates. The first comment applies to players who don't do that. The second is for a player that doesn't care and STILL ended up with no money. 
People seem to lose all nuance in player/mgmt discussions around here and let their opinions about the relationship between the two color all behavior following therefrom. 

• Smile
Reactions: DAG
He will be a patriot or Raven or something like that before the sun goes down.  I have to think he is wanting to go to a contender who can stick it to the Steelers in A big way.  Wouldn't be surprised if he is on the New England sideline looking at how old teamsunday night
Don't think so. He just wants to go to a team where he can do anything he pleases without repurcussion and get all the glory. 

Didn't he get traded to Buffalo first, but refused to play for them? 

I bet the interest was also limited because it was a trade-and-pay situation.  Nobody wants to give up draft capital for the privilege of laying out an irresponsible contract. 
Yes (Bills). There was mild interest league-wide back then, but you have a point about draft capital.

That said, the Steelers thought it was important enough to eat 21 mil this season & a 3rd/5th for AB pails in comparison to his on-field ability. There should've been a ton of interest when PIT was shopping him as it relates to talent, but it goes to show what the league was thinking (as a whole) & I imagine this latest episode will cause decreased interest overall.

Last edited by a moderator:
amazes me how few of you understand how little interest the league has in dealing w an AB. 

Top talent arguably in the nfl and the BEST they could get was a 21m.cap hit a 3rd and a 5th

But ya... His value has risen after this disaster :lol: ooook

Yes (Bills). There was mild interest league-wide back then, but you have a point about draft capital.

That said, the Steelers thought it was important enough to eat 21 mil this season & a 3rd/5th for AB pails in comparison to his on-field ability. There should've been a ton of interest in AB when PIT was shopping him as it relates to talent, but it goes to show what the league was thinking as a whole & imagine this latest episode will cause decreased interest overall.
The other element of trading for AB earlier in the year was that he wanted more guaranteed money (on top of the big bonuses and guarantees he got from the Steelers when he signed an extension a few years ago). So a team had to give up draft picks, give him tens of millions of dollars in guaranteed money, take on a huge annual salary, and deal with his personality and antics.

amazes me how few of you understand how little interest the league has in dealing w an AB. 

Top talent arguably in the nfl and the BEST they could get was a 21m.cap hit a 3rd and a 5th

Yep. That's what I've been saying all along. They took a 3rd, 5th, and cap hit. Nobody is signing this dude. He legit crazy. 

On a side note, isn't it illegal to record a phone conversation without permission?
Varies state to state but yes - In California, it’s a “2-party state”, which means both parties must consent to being recorded.

that’s why some companies tell you at the onset of the call that you’re being recorded. You continuing the convo = consent once they’ve informed you.

Antonio Brown committed a crime when he recorded Gruden, then confessed to it by broadcasting that recording.

gruden could seek damages if he wanted to deal with it. Which I doubt he does. 

If he agrees to play for the $2 million that Josh Gordon is getting, then A LOT of teams would be interested.

What amazes me is you saying after your team (The Browns) signed a RB who was on video dragging and kicking a female. 

Sheesh.

Antonio Brown is going to be signed and play for another team next Sunday (or Monday night if one of those teams sign him).

Last edited by a moderator:
CA is a 2 way consent state. Both parties need to be aware. But Gruden said it was "awesome" (lol), sooooo I'll assume he's not going to press charges.
That's what he said publicly anyway.

Imagine yourself in his shoes... wondering if everything you said to this guy could be on a file somewhere... probably turned right around after laughing to the public and said "get this guy the #### out of here"

1) i have zero interest in hunt. 

2) hunt costs literally peanuts
Brown lost his leverage for massive money.....he won’t cost 30MM guaranteed now.

There is a market out there for him. He may be bat chit crazy.....but the guy is still one of the very best WR’s in the game and he will be playing this year and several more years on Sundays.

I have little doubt you're completely and fully wrong. He was free for a 3rd and 5th and nobody wanted him. Now? He's all baggage.
He wasn't free. In fact, he was very expensive. Teams needed to pay him tens of millions of dollars in guaranteed money and take on a giant cap hit / salary. That doesn't mean no one wanted him.

Varies state to state but yes - In California, it’s a “2-party state”, which means both parties must consent to being recorded.

that’s why some companies tell you at the onset of the call that you’re being recorded. You continuing the convo = consent once they’ve informed you.

Antonio Brown committed a crime when he recorded Gruden, then confessed to it by broadcasting that recording.

gruden could seek damages if he wanted to deal with it. Which I doubt he does. 
Well, we only know the part of the conversation that AB used in his movie. What if there were other parts of that conversation we haven't heard yet? Maybe playing a little "good cop" and joining in the Mayock bashing to get AB to shut up and play football.

Potential landing spots after 4PM today:

Seattle

Dallas

Washington

New England

KC

And he is still a lunatic but some team will absolutely sign him. 

Jets should be in that group as well as I mentioned earlier. They have all the requirements:

They have the cap space first and foremost. An incentive laden contract with major contingencies would be required to be agreed upon

They've been in suckihood for many years. 9 years and counting since the last of those back to back AFC Championship games.

They are desperate to make a playoff push. With AB, they not only likely make the playoffs, they probaby  give the Pats a run for their money for the division. 

They have a QB with a great arm to get the ball to AB. Give Sam another weapon like AB would be nuts. Probably would make Darnold starteable in most 12 team fantasy leagues.

They have the mngt team to keep AB in check. Douglass won't take any #### as indicated by saying sayanora to Polite. Gase won't put up with AB ####. And Williams might take a swing at him if AB ####ed with the team chemistry.

Having LevBell there could be a good thing as they are familar with one another and I had always thought they got along well.

AB ####s up even one time....see ya. He behaves...AB makes his money and Jets soar to new heights a year or so sooner than expected.

Seems like a match made in heaven...lol

1) i have zero interest in hunt. 

2) hunt costs literally peanuts
Yes, because your team signing hunt affects how teams deal with Brown in what way? Guy can't even learn the playbook to get out there. 

God, this is stupid. I'll show myself out. Nobody wants this guy right now.

Users who are viewing this thread