Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Antonio Brown - Official Thread

11 minutes ago, JbizzleMan said:

This feels so orchestrated. He never intended to play for the Raiders and knew the Pats would never cough up picks for him. 

Might as well sign up the Pats for another trophy.

They were gonna win another one this year whether or not he's there.  He wants the Durant treatment, why not :shrug:

Seriously, how did they process this so fast and not tamper? The league needs to investigate this ####. AB shouldn't be rewarded for his antics.

Edited by The Frankman
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Uncle Leo said:

Gronk just tweeted that he’s joining  the party. 

Whether you're serious or not, Gronk was a free agent in my 12-team PPR league (Dynasty) and I just put him in my last roster spot. 🤞

:banned:

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Insein said:

No way AB and the Pats didn't orchestrate this right? He gets released and then within hours he's a Pat for an actual contract and not just league minimum? Something really fishy here.

The conspiracy theorist in me, thinks Brown has absolutely nothing wrong with him, everything was just a ruse to become a FA, so he could sign with NE. Like, I'm fully expecting him to be on his best behavior, with absolutely zero issues.

• Like 5
  • Thinking 1

2 minutes ago, travdogg said:

The conspiracy theorist in me, thinks Brown has absolutely nothing wrong with him, everything was just a ruse to become a FA, so he could sign with NE. Like, I'm fully expecting him to be on his best behavior, with absolutely zero issues.

Yep. As Bill Parcells said. “You all got sucked”.

1 minute ago, Nigel said:

Lol at all the tampering theories. Pats are THE team dudes (and their agents) like this want to go to to rehab their public images. Shouldn’t be a surprise it happened so quickly. 

Yep. 

If you build it, they will come. 

2 minutes ago, travdogg said:

I just as much typed that it is more than quite possible   But if you consider that doubt which needs to be present  (anything possible)  Will AB really change his media ways?   Isn't it almost likely to be a weekly thing to check and verify that he hasn't slipped up   AB prolly be cut for recording a Coach's meeting of Belichick

Just now, Dismattle said:

I just as much typed that it is more than quite possible   But if you consider that doubt which needs to be present  (anything possible)  Will AB really change his media ways?   Isn't it almost likely to be a weekly thing to check and verify that he hasn't slipped up   AB prolly be cut for recording a Coach's meeting of Belichick

We must consider the strength and pull of his agent...

5 hours ago, [scooter] said:

This shtick needs to die.

5 hours ago, Ghost Rider said:

Exactly. The Patriots have won six Super Bowls with their best WR's on those teams being Julian Edelman, Troy Brown and Deion Branch. They don't need a tool bag like Brown. 

5 hours ago, Deamon said:

This guy is too messed up even for Bill.  I honestly don't think Bill touches this situation.

4 hours ago, irish eyes said:

Everyone stop with the new England and "Bill" will sign him. You all sound like espn analysts that get on their knees for them.

4 hours ago, GROOT said:

If the Raiders don't want AB....no one does

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Laughing 3

Everyone trying to spin how dumb he is for leaving 30MM on the table.

He already has got 9MM back today.....assuming he does not get released before next Sunday LMAO.....and after he hauls in a #### ton of passes again this season...he will get another one year deal or a two year extension for 20MM guaranteed. 

This entire summer has been incredibly bizarre......but man has it been pure entertainment gold. The WWE has nothing on the NFL. 

Heal Turn for the ages. 

• Like 5