What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Antonio Brown, FA (13 Viewers)

Fun fact: Since Gruden took over in Oakland, he's traded two 3rd rounders and a 5th rounder for Antonio Brown and Martavis Bryant, neither of which are on the team. As much as New England is a big winner getting Brown for nothing, Pittsburgh has been taking advantage of him too.

If the universe is fair.. I better stop. Because I am wishing the worst on this piece of crap. Karma is coming, what a horrible person he is.
You should find another hobby to invest in emotionally, NFL football has got its hooks way too deep into you, to cause this kind of reaction. Step back. Evaluate how negative you're being over a sport and guys who will never know you exist. 

That's on Raider management. Maybe if a player threatened an owner. But GM answers to owner. Put that on Davis.
It’s not an either/or. It’s a both. 

The league office handles conduct unbecoming to the league.

The team front office handles conduct unbecoming to the team. 

They can happen simultaneously or independent of each other. 

ABs clown show was a very public incident. It should absolutely warrant a league suspension. 

“He’ll never play again” - half this thread, two hours ago 
Give it two weeks in NE.  I do not see any way that AB is able to last in that culture.  If he thought the Oakland was going to force him to "put on blinders", he better get ready for blinders, a gag and ear plugs. There is no club that micro manages more than NE.  This is his last stop.  He makes it here or that may be it. Maybe Seattle. 

Last edited by a moderator:
I have no love lost for the Raiders as a Bronco fan, but I feel this type of situation needs to be addressed by the NFL. The Raiders did the "right thing" here and in the end, they pay for it by one of their division opponents benefiting from it. There is no way a player, who is under contract, should be allowed to act out to the point he is released and then benefit from it. AB threatened physical harm to the GM--don't forget that. He then embarrassed his coach on social media. There is no way that should be rewarded. I don't think he should be get the perma-ban from the NFL, but there needs to be some kind of 6-8 game suspension period initiated by the league for players who are released because of their conduct. 

What stops any other player in the league from doing this? Hmm, my team is struggling this year and I want a title--I will go punch my coach, get my contact voided and then get signed by a contender. This is a dangerous path to go down if the NFL doesn't address this. 
That is exactly my whole problem with this situation.

The Patriots keep beating everybody in their race to the bottom. That's the legacy they'll have. A Northeastern nihilist leading the brigade, with loyalty from nihilists whose mantra is to "do.their job" and just win with whomever without regard for character nor integrity. That's the Patriots way. 
:lol:  Jesus this is delicious 

NFL has turned into a joke. 
:lmao:  @irish eyes with a public meltdown that put AB’s last week to shame. Anyone know some friends or family... fella needs to be put on suicide watch. 

Fun fact: Since Gruden took over in Oakland, he's traded two 3rd rounders and a 5th rounder for Antonio Brown and Martavis Bryant, neither of which are on the team. As much as New England is a big winner getting Brown for nothing, Pittsburgh has been taking advantage of him too.
Could be why my current team has 0 (zero) OAK players. I can't blame better run organisations for taking advantage of them.

I have no love lost for the Raiders as a Bronco fan, but I feel this type of situation needs to be addressed by the NFL. The Raiders did the "right thing" here and in the end, they pay for it by one of their division opponents benefiting from it. There is no way a player, who is under contract, should be allowed to act out to the point he is released and then benefit from it. AB threatened physical harm to the GM--don't forget that. He then embarrassed his coach on social media. There is no way that should be rewarded. I don't think he should be get the perma-ban from the NFL, but there needs to be some kind of 6-8 game suspension period initiated by the league for players who are released because of their conduct. 

What stops any other player in the league from doing this? Hmm, my team is struggling this year and I want a title--I will go punch my coach, get my contact voided and then get signed by a contender. This is a dangerous path to go down if the NFL doesn't address this. 
The Raiders knew the consequences of cutting him. Brown’s actions are a direct result of the atrocious CBA deals that the league has strong armed the players into accepting. 

I begrudge no player in his pursuit of a deal that benefits them. 

Give it two weeks in NE.  I do not see any way that AB is able to last in that culture.  If he thought the Oakland was going to force him to "put on blinders", he better get ready for blinders, a gag and ear plugs. There is no club that micro manages more than NE.  This is his last stop.  He makes it here or that may be it. Maybe Seattle. 
I think the blinders reference was about him putting them on to block out the haters (like you) and the media, and just focus ahead on winning and showing he's one of the best. Also, he's a guy that wants to win. Notice his worst outbursts came with a team that is going to be doing a lot of losing this year (even with him). He's going to excel in NE.

The Raiders knew the consequences of cutting him. Brown’s actions are a direct result of the atrocious CBA deals that the league has strong armed the players into accepting. 

I begrudge no player in his pursuit of a deal that benefits them. 
Oh, I begrudge, judge, impugn, condemn, etc., that player and that player's behavior when his actions involve physically threatening another human being and illegally recording a conversation then publicizing it. There's no defense for his actions.  

All the more reason to divest any emotional interest from players, uniforms front and back, and league. The NBA is unbearable, as are its acolyte fans. 
I couldn't agree more...I use to love the nba but can't stand it now.  i'm on the brink with the nfl

AB seemed fairly normal in Pitt for a type A mega superstar

Did even he realize the raiders are still an epic #### show and want out after discovering the grass wasn’t greener?

Oh, I begrudge, judge, impugn, condemn, etc., that player and that player's behavior when his actions involve physically threatening another human being and illegally recording a conversation then publicizing it. There's no defense for his actions.  
The nfl is sick...people idolizing and celebrating a bunch of money hungry idiots

I think the blinders reference was about him putting them on to block out the haters (like you) and the media, and just focus ahead on winning and showing he's one of the best. Also, he's a guy that wants to win. Notice his worst outbursts came with a team that is going to be doing a lot of losing this year (even with him). He's going to excel in NE.
Hahaha, a guy that wants to win. Get real, this bozo doesn't care about anyone but himself 

I think the blinders reference was in regards to his relationship with the team.  He was talking about the corporate organization and made that clear when he referenced the structure in Pittsburg.

I don't think he has hit his floor yet.    

Obvious now to see this was the plan. AB doing everything in his power to get the Raiders to let him out of his contract. Meanwhile there is a deal waiting for him in New England.

The new norm.
Without a doubt.  You would think at least one other franchise owner would have the balls to stand up and say something or at least inquire about tampering.  

He’s crazy alright.  Like a fox

Without a doubt.  You would think at least one other franchise owner would have the balls to stand up and say something or at least inquire about tampering.  

He’s crazy alright.  Like a fox
Someone mentioned it earlier in here... his agent with very specific language about "AB is a free agent for the first time"... looking at it now it should have been obvious what that meant.

The Raiders could have just sent hi the 5-day letter and if he didn't report he's gone from all teams for the year though.  But they didn't do that.

-QG

Users who are viewing this thread