What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Chick Fil-A (1 Viewer)

It's hard to believe that rational discourse existed before modern technology allowed you to bold and enlarge the font of dictionary definitions on the internet. It's really the missing ingredient that helps us make progress here.
It's a shame I can't make it bigger. The mental gymnastics Christians engage in to support their beliefs make even the largest font available on this site easy for them to dodge, flip and spin around. There's actually an entertaining aspect to watching them do it, if the results of them doing it weren't so sickening.

I'll say one more thing about this and I swear I'm done :bag:

All hate has an element of bigotry, not all bigotry has elements of hate. I'd be happy to discuss my beliefs with you PS. IMO, based on what you've presented on this message board, you are clouded by a personal conflict you had with your specific brand of religion. Lumping all "Christians" together in one bucket is unwise and quite foolish. It's also foolish to label it "mental gymnastics" when one takes you to task on your own words of supposition about Christians explaining that the general label you are applying is completely inappropriate to most Christians and really only applies to a few sects (one of which you had the unfortunate experience of learning theology under).

It's hard to believe that rational discourse existed before modern technology allowed you to bold and enlarge the font of dictionary definitions on the internet. It's really the missing ingredient that helps us make progress here.
It's a shame I can't make it bigger. The mental gymnastics Christians engage in to support their beliefs make even the largest font available on this site easy for them to dodge, flip and spin around. There's actually an entertaining aspect to watching them do it, if the results of them doing it weren't so sickening.
and yet you're the one tossing out the entire New Testament when claiming a greater knowledge of Christianity than everyone else in this thread.I get that you have a lot of hate and anger right now. I understand where that is coming from. There are targets worthy of your derision. For the most part, they are not in this thread. You must chill. You must chill.

You need to stop acting as if you are the only one on this board who has read the Bible and has all the answers about it. You are wrong about many claims you making; they require tossing out large portions of the Bible, parts central to Christianity. You want to argue some Christians do that? Fine. But you are in no position to claim why is orthodox and what isn't. You may as well be using the "No True Scotsman" fallacy, because that's all you're really doing. In your anger, you have lost your grip of what is doctrine, what is consensus, what is disputable, what people actually believe, and what causes them to believe that way.

Work out your hate and anger. Get it out of your system. It's unhealthy to keep it bottled up. But understand you are coming off as far from a Bible expert, and nothing more than a second-rate hatemonger.

I'm an atheist, so I suppose I'm "on your side" as it were. Let's just say that I don't think you're covering yourself in glory in this thread. This really isn't the thread to debate Christianity in general, and even if it were, you're making generalizations that I'd hate to see atheists make about Christians. Of course, I'm not the arbiter of what arguments atheists can make, but it still doesn't seem particularly productive. In particular, you seem far more offended that the Cathys are Christians than at the effect of their advocacy against marriage equality. That seems weird to me.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ramsay Hunt Experience said:
Politician Spock said:
I'm an atheist, so I suppose I'm "on your side" as it were. Let's just say that I don't think you're covering yourself in glory in this thread. This really isn't the thread to debate Christianity in general, and even if it were, you're making generalizations that I'd hate to see atheists make about Christians. Of course, I'm not the arbiter of what arguments atheists can make, but it still doesn't seem particularly productive. In particular, you seem far more offended that the Cathys are Christians than at the effect of their advocacy against marriage equality. That seems weird to me.
I've been deflecting the Christianity debates thrown at me in this thread. My point has always been what was asked, does CFA hate gays? The answer is yes, and why they do comes from THEIR Christian beliefs. The fact that Christian beliefs in general can be heavily debated does not change that at all, and is just noise thrown at me to attack my point. All that matters to this thread is why CFA hates gays.

The Commish said:
I'll say one more thing about this and I swear I'm done :bag:

All hate has an element of bigotry, not all bigotry has elements of hate. I'd be happy to discuss my beliefs with you PS. IMO, based on what you've presented on this message board, you are clouded by a personal conflict you had with your specific brand of religion. Lumping all "Christians" together in one bucket is unwise and quite foolish. It's also foolish to label it "mental gymnastics" when one takes you to task on your own words of supposition about Christians explaining that the general label you are applying is completely inappropriate to most Christians and really only applies to a few sects (one of which you had the unfortunate experience of learning theology under).
I never lumped "all" Christians together. I specifically stated I recognized there are non-orthodox Christian beliefs and that some of them don't hate homosexuals.

And it IS mental gymnastics when a central tenant to orthodox Christian beliefs is that God hates sin, and homosexuality is sin. One cannot arrive at a position of saying they don't hate homosexuals starting from that premise without mental gymnastics. I know because I engaged in them. They made me feel better about my position of having to hate what my God hates, but they do NOTHING for the victim of my hate. If I hate homosexuality like my God hates homosexuality, then homosexuals know I hate what they do. To them, if I hate what they do, then I hate who they are. They don't care that I've done some mental gymnastics to believe hating what they do doesn't mean I don't hate who they are. To them the two cannot be separated.

Bruce Dickinson said:
Politician Spock said:
and yet you're the one tossing out the entire New Testament when claiming a greater knowledge of Christianity than everyone else in this thread.I get that you have a lot of hate and anger right now. I understand where that is coming from. There are targets worthy of your derision. For the most part, they are not in this thread. You must chill. You must chill.

You need to stop acting as if you are the only one on this board who has read the Bible and has all the answers about it. You are wrong about many claims you making; they require tossing out large portions of the Bible, parts central to Christianity. You want to argue some Christians do that? Fine. But you are in no position to claim why is orthodox and what isn't. You may as well be using the "No True Scotsman" fallacy, because that's all you're really doing. In your anger, you have lost your grip of what is doctrine, what is consensus, what is disputable, what people actually believe, and what causes them to believe that way.

Work out your hate and anger. Get it out of your system. It's unhealthy to keep it bottled up. But understand you are coming off as far from a Bible expert, and nothing more than a second-rate hatemonger.
Who do I hate? I think CFA makes great food. There are far worse things other corporations do than CFA does, especially now that CFA stopped funding hate groups.

I don't hate Christians either. I do think a lot of them are in denial and perhaps even delusional. I admit I was. But I don't hate any of them.

If the best thing you can say about your stance on an issue is that it's bigoted, then it is probably time to reevaluate your stance on that issue.

If the best thing you can say about your stance on an issue is that it's bigoted, then it is probably time to reevaluate your stance on that issue.
This is so very true and there's a very good chance that's why the position was re-evaluated. Didn't want this to get lost in all the anger, but this is a very good point.

Bruce Dickinson said:
Politician Spock said:

Who do I hate? I think CFA makes great food. There are far worse things other corporations do than CFA does, especially now that CFA stopped funding hate groups.

I don't hate Christians either. I do think a lot of them are in denial and perhaps even delusional. I admit I was. But I don't hate any of them.
That's not how you're coming off in this thread.Not even close.

This is so very true and there's a very good chance that's why the position was re-evaluated. Didn't want this to get lost in all the anger, but this is a very good point.
It is significant that they pulled their support, and ultimately I guess that is all that matters, but I have a hard time believing that they reevaluated their stance on any level beyond how it was impacting their corporate bottom line. So good on them for fixing the problem, if not the root cause of the problem

Bruce Dickinson said:
Politician Spock said:

I've never been concerned with how I come off in any thread... ever.

Bruce Dickinson said:
Politician Spock said:

I've never been concerned with how I come off in any thread... ever.
That's pretty apparent.

It is significant that they pulled their support, and ultimately I guess that is all that matters, but I have a hard time believing that they reevaluated their stance on any level beyond how it was impacting their corporate bottom line. So good on them for fixing the problem, if not the root cause of the problem
To be clear I don't buy the notion they supported this political group because they hated anything. I believe they supported the political group because that political group aligned with them when it came to "preserving marriage" and money talks in Washington. It's two completely different issues. Don't get me wrong, the later isn't an attempt to show them in any sort of positive light. Their position is certainly one of bigotry either way.

PS if your belief is correct (that hate for sin = hate for person sinning) then Christians hate everyone, including themselves. That's a very strange position to take.

I ate chick-fil-a yesterday.

It was awesome.
What did you have?My last CFA meal was a drive-thru breakfast chicken biscuit. Delicious, served quick, hot, and with smiles all around.
Same thing I always get.2 spicy chicken sandwiches. No meals/fries etc. Just the sandwich.
Good call. I respect the strategy of doubling up on the sandwich and skipping the sides.
I go there several times a month and always get #1....always. Is the spicy sandwich worth the deviation from the routine?

PS if your belief is correct (that hate for sin = hate for person sinning) then Christians hate everyone, including themselves. That's a very strange position to take.
I'm not saying that is a belief system. I'm saying that homosexuals who don't give two ####s about religion don't care how Christians resolve the two in their minds. If you hate what they do, then to them you hate who they are. It's Christians who resolve them as being different in their minds.

It was awesome.
What did you have?My last CFA meal was a drive-thru breakfast chicken biscuit. Delicious, served quick, hot, and with smiles all around.
Same thing I always get.2 spicy chicken sandwiches. No meals/fries etc. Just the sandwich.
Good call. I respect the strategy of doubling up on the sandwich and skipping the sides.
I go there several times a month and always get #1....always. Is the spicy sandwich worth the deviation from the routine?
Yes

It was awesome.
I'd wager my internet reputation on it.

It was awesome.
I always get a spicy sandwich, a large fry, an 8 pc. nugget, and a water. I might have to try the 2 sandwich thing.

And Commish, yes, the spicy sandwich is much, much better.

I'm as big a Chick-fil-a fan as just about anyone here but I have to say I'm not too fond of the chicken strips - they have a different taste/flavor to me than the patties/nuggets. I've never understood why that would be but they just don't seem as good. I can eat either of the other two with no condiments but the strips I have to get sauce - so I typically just don't get them and go with the other. One thing I'm surprised is so good is their grilled nuggets - they are really tasty - but at .50 a nugget I guess they should be.

To be clear I don't buy the notion they supported this political group because they hated anything. I believe they supported the political group because that political group aligned with them when it came to "preserving marriage" and money talks in Washington. It's two completely different issues. Don't get me wrong, the later isn't an attempt to show them in any sort of positive light. Their position is certainly one of bigotry either way.
Going by this logic of financial support, the same has to be applied to politicians who have "evolved" and done so for votes.

Going by this logic of financial support, the same has to be applied to politicians who have "evolved" and done so for votes.
Yeah...the system sucks :shrug:

Four Dimensional Anxiety Scale Fiber Distributed Antenna System Fluosol-DA Saline 20 Final Day Ahead Schedule Feisty Danny Appreciation Society Fiber Distributed Antenna Systems Fire Detection and Alarm System Francis Dunnery Appreciation Society Feisty Daniel Appreciation Society Faculty Development in Asian Studies Filter Design and Analysis System Financial Data Access System Family and Disability Assessment System Food Drug Analytical Services > To Hell with Georgia The Health and Wealth Gospel Tourism History Working Group

Chaka said:
AAABatteries said:
Four Dimensional Anxiety Scale Fiber Distributed Antenna System Fluosol-DA Saline 20 Final Day Ahead Schedule Feisty Danny Appreciation Society Fiber Distributed Antenna Systems Fire Detection and Alarm System Francis Dunnery Appreciation Society Feisty Daniel Appreciation Society Faculty Development in Asian Studies Filter Design and Analysis System Financial Data Access System Family and Disability Assessment System Food Drug Analytical Services > To Hell with Georgia The Health and Wealth Gospel Tourism History Working Group
You should be embarrassed by this post. FDAS is in the top 500 posters around here.

Chaka said:
AAABatteries said:
You should be embarrassed by this post. FDAS is in the top 500 posters around here.
So which one is he/she?

Four Dimensional Anxiety Scale Fiber Distributed Antenna System Fluosol-DA Saline 20 Final Day Ahead Schedule Feisty Danny Appreciation Society Fiber Distributed Antenna Systems Fire Detection and Alarm System Francis Dunnery Appreciation Society Feisty Daniel Appreciation Society Faculty Development in Asian Studies Filter Design and Analysis System Financial Data Access System Family and Disability Assessment System Food Drug Analytical Services

even if they murder gay chickens to make their sammiches i'd still go, i am weak and their chicken is good

So my kids eat here a lot - I get the occasional left over nugget. What is the go-to sauce? The CFA sauce was pretty tasty, but are other options better?

So my kids eat here a lot - I get the occasional left over nugget. What is the go-to sauce? The CFA sauce was pretty tasty, but are other options better?
Honey roasted bbq is delicious. It's in a packet, not a cup.

Chaka said:
AAABatteries said:
So which one is he/she?

Four Dimensional Anxiety Scale Fiber Distributed Antenna System Fluosol-DA Saline 20 Final Day Ahead Schedule Feisty Danny Appreciation Society Fiber Distributed Antenna Systems Fire Detection and Alarm System Francis Dunnery Appreciation Society Feisty Daniel Appreciation Society Faculty Development in Asian Studies Filter Design and Analysis System Financial Data Access System Family and Disability Assessment System Food Drug Analytical Services
Go eat your damn In-n-Out
Hey, I know you!

Users who are viewing this thread