What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Chick Fil-A (1 Viewer)

I went to Culvers for the first time yesterday.  I opted for their chicken sandwich and chose cole slaw as a side.  I don't know how the rest of their menu is, but I'd take Chick-fil-A over Culvers any day of the week.  While the presentation at Culvers is better, there is absolutely nothing special about the food.  Considering it was about $2 more expensive than Chick-fil-A, I don't see how this restaurant is doing well.    

ETA - I actually left the restaurant hungrier than when I went in despite being $9 poorer, if that's even possible.  

Last edited by a moderator:
Tried CFA for the first time last week. I rarely eat fast food but it was pretty good. Got the regular #1 and fries. Loved the waffle fries. Sandwich was a little small. Will definitely try it again. Service was amazingly fast. Out the door in about 2 minutes.

I went to Culvers for the first time yesterday.  I opted for their chicken sandwich and chose cole slaw as a side.  I don't know how the rest of their menu is, but I'd take Chick-fil-A over Culvers any day of the week.  While the presentation at Culvers is better, there is absolutely nothing special about the food.  Considering it was about $2 more expensive than Chick-fil-A, I don't see how this restaurant is doing well.    

ETA - I actually left the restaurant hungrier than when I went in despite being $9 poorer, if that's even possible.  
What do you expect from a chicken sandwich from a burger and custard joint?

I'm as big a Chick-fil-a fan as just about anyone here but I have to say I'm not too fond of the chicken strips - they have a different taste/flavor to me than the patties/nuggets. I've never understood why that would be but they just don't seem as good. I can eat either of the other two with no condiments but the strips I have to get sauce - so I typically just don't get them and go with the other. One thing I'm surprised is so good is their grilled nuggets - they are really tasty - but at .50 a nugget I guess they should be.
So, I finally found out I wasn't crazy.  I had a business dinner where some Chick-fil-a employees were in attendance and I asked one of them about this.  He said the strips and nuggets/sandwich are different but didn't know why.  I may have to try them again - haven't had them in a couple years.

It's not just how good their food is, it's how polite and efficient their employees are.  If you walk up to the store and see a line almost out the door, you can still be confident that you'll be walking out within 10 minutes with the correct food and with many thanks from the employees.  If I'm at any other fast food joint and the lines are more than 3 deep, I walk the #### out of there.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's not just how good their food is, it's how polite and efficient their employees are.  If you walk up to the store and see a line almost out the door, you can still be confident that you'll be walking out within 10 minutes with the correct food and with many thanks from the employees.  If I'm at any other fast food joint and the lines are more than 3 deep, I walk the #### out of there.
Seriously. I don't think I've ever been to a Chick Fil A that didn't have polite employees, wasn't super clean inside, and that didn't have fast service. They're the gold standard in fast food.

Seriously. I don't think I've ever been to a Chick Fil A that didn't have polite employees, wasn't super clean inside, and that didn't have fast service. They're the gold standard in fast food.
In N Out mirrors them. Amazing what happens when you treat your employees well rather than trying to squeeze every last cent out of them. I have never seen a Chick Fil A or an In N Out not busy. Good product + best in class customer service = winning.

Still don't understand how you were more hungry after you ate something. 
Yeah...it was weird.  I went there to kill time because I had to leave the house for a home-showing.  It was lunch time so I figured I may as well get something to eat although I wasn't terribly hungry.  By the time I left Culvers, the portion was so small that I was hungry for more food; seemingly more than when I entered the place.  

Still don't understand how you were more hungry after you ate something. 
Yeah...it was weird.  I went there to kill time because I had to leave the house for a home-showing.  It was lunch time so I figured I may as well get something to eat although I wasn't terribly hungry.  By the time I left Culvers, the portion was so small that I was hungry for more food; seemingly more than when I entered the place.  
If you went to Culvers and left without the Frozen Custard, you didn't do it right.

Agree with the other posters about it being better than McDonalds and Wendys type place but not quite as good as Five Guys though it's slightly cheaper than Five Guys.  Double Cheeseburger with fries and soda is in the $8-$9 range.  It seems to be a place that kids and old people really love. 

I was craving Chick-Fil-A big time yesterday.  As has been said they're always super fast and efficient even with a line.  However, it being Sunday, my hopes were dashed.  Thanks, Jesus. 

As for Culver's I'd agree it's MUCH better than the big chains (BK, McDonald's, Wendy's, TB, Carl's Jr.) but it can get a little pricey and it's so ####### unhealthy.  Given that butter burgers, cheese curds, and custard are their best options, it's pretty darn hard to justify going there on a semi-regular basis when In N Out, Chick Fil A, Five guys, Jersey Mike's, etc. are comparably priced and far more healthy given that they have tasty menu options that aren't the giant calorie bombs that are Culver's best options. 

Tried CFA for the first time last week. I rarely eat fast food but it was pretty good. Got the regular #1 and fries. Loved the waffle fries. Sandwich was a little small. Will definitely try it again. Service was amazingly fast. Out the door in about 2 minutes.
Pretty much never eat fast food but I make sure to get CFA when the opportunity is there.  On one hand I wish they were in our local market but at the same time I don't, because I'd eat there way too much.  Definitely my favorite fast food place.

I'm borderline obsessed with Chik-Fil-A.

I jokingly (wasn't joking) suggested it cater my wedding.

Everyone knows of my obsession, but I care not.
They didn't cater my wedding, but that morning/early afternoon, we got a party tray for all of us guys to chow down on before the wedding. Was amazing.

They didn't cater my wedding, but that morning/early afternoon, we got a party tray for all of us guys to chow down on before the wedding. Was amazing.
That wedding better have been the kind authorized in the good book or chik fil a would have been none too happy.

Is the fast food industry paying attention? Service is awesome. Emplyees care. Food is awesome. Long line? It moves fast. They are not traded on the stock market. They are the fast food standard. When i go another fast food resturant one can see a difference. What do u guys think?

I see you can get extra 8oz. containers of their Chick-Fil-a sauce for $2 each when you do a catering tray of any kind.  

Anyone here try to go in and just buy an 8oz. container for $2 by itself?

Is the fast food industry paying attention? Service is awesome. Emplyees care. Food is awesome. Long line? It moves fast. They are not traded on the stock market. They are the fast food standard. When i go another fast food resturant one can see a difference. What do u guys think?
And they are succeeding on approx 85% of their potential business.

It's always busy, and we eat there about once a week.  They have a special in our area where you can get a lot of nuggets for a good price, so we typically get that and a large order of fries and that feeds most of us when combined with other stuff at the house.  

The fact that it's not open on Sunday, for whatever reason, actually makes it more appealing during the days it's open.  Any other place you can eat anytime you want.  But sometimes you want Chic Fil A and you can't have it because it's not open.  Makes you think about them differently than all the other places open 7 days a week.  Plus, yes, the service is great usually.

We have another similar chain called Raising Cane's - closer to our house and I actually like their chicken sandwich better; but Chick FilA service and wait time is so much better that we usually drive the extra mile.  So service and the waffle fries make the difference I guess. 

Users who are viewing this thread