What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Chick Fil-A (3 Viewers)

I love how people think the food and the cleanliness of a restaurant is great... until they find out it's run by Christians. Then all of a sudden it sucks and the people are nutjobs. :bag: You people aren't even trying to pretend not to hate anymore.
:mellow: The ant-Christian vitriol in here is incredible.
I hear it's owned by Christians and they are... packed with poisons. What I'm trying to extrapolate is if there is a correlation between being an openly Christian owned fast food joint and... the fact that it's... some sort of Monsanto lab experiment.
The cult... is a little much...
I'm not a Christian... the whole thing seems silly to me.

It's pretty simple. The chicken is very good for fast food. The inside is always extremely clean. The staff is terrific. It's a much better fast food experience than almost anywhere else if you are ok with a chicken sandwich.
:banned: Hit the Nail on the Head!

Never been. Only heard of it because of how the company has differentiated itself. Look forward to trying it out when one comes around.
A lot of the following has to do with the company itself...it thrives in the bible states (like NC) due to the fact it is not open on Sundays...literally, place is shut down tight. It also is a great place to work as the college reimbursement program is supposed to be incredible. The result is, you get a Macy's-like staff serving you fries. To some people that may not mean much, but if you ever pulled into a McD or BK and the guy/gal at the window looks as though they haven't showered in a week and are strung out, you just may want to get your food some place else.Food is fine, fast food, but fine. Honestly, it is really the only fast food we let the kids (I have three under 8) get.
There are a lot of us in the bible belt that have a gripe with them not being open on Sundays....that seems to be the day I crave it most :thumbup: In the stores around here, the only way you know it's "Christian owned" is because they are closed on Sunday. I don't think I've ever been in one and thought "man, I bet a Christian owns this place". It's not like they are playing church music, have crosses hanging everywhere etc.
Being a non-Christian, I respect them a lot for not being open on Sundays for this reason. I remember working at McDonalds during my high school years and on Sundays, we'd have the church folk come in for their lunch and some of them would get high and mighty and start questioning why I'm working on a Sunday. On more than one occasion, I actually told them that if people like them didn't require us to work on Sunday to make and serve them food, I probably wouldn't have to work on Sunday. Hypocrites.But yes, it sucks living around here on Sundays. You either don't shop or have very little time to shop.

About Chick-Fil-A. I've never had consistent correct orders and great service like I have from Chick-Fil-A. I believe I kept track at one time and they had a streak of 6 1/2 years of correct orders before they messed up an order in the drive thru on me between '96-'02. I can't think of another place that could even go a year without messing up.

Not to mention, we were at one last weekend just to get a milkshake, and they were taking too long with the machine (needed mix or something). Most places, taking too long is common and they have marked parking spots for pulling up and letting others get their orders while yours is waiting. They fixed the machine, got us our shakes. We got vouchers for free chick-fil-a sandwiches, and the customers in queue behind us did too. I didn't expect that. I just kept thinking, "we can pull up, so the others don't have to wait".

It is owned by Christians, I understand it is a requirement for a franchise.
How is that even remotely legal?
How is Augusta allowed to keep women out?
Why does Radio Shack ask for you phone number when you buy batteries?
Why do some stores ask for your zip code when you buy something? What the hell does that have to do with anything? :lmao:
Market Research. Tell them no. They won't like it, but you don't have to give it to them. If they insist, tell them you don't want to buy the product anymore

Ignoramus said:
I love how people think the food and the cleanliness of a restaurant is great... until they find out it's run by Christians. Then all of a sudden it sucks and the people are nutjobs. :lmao: You people aren't even trying to pretend not to hate anymore.
:thumbup: The ant-Christian vitriol in here is incredible.
I hear it's owned by Christians and they are... packed with poisons. What I'm trying to extrapolate is if there is a correlation between being an openly Christian owned fast food joint and... the fact that it's... some sort of Monsanto lab experiment.
The cult... is a little much...
I'm not a Christian... the whole thing seems silly to me.
:lol:

Harry Manback said:
sho nuff said:
Umm...you also need to re-read...there is very little uptight Christians crying foul or playing the victim.
I love how people think the food and the cleanliness of a restaurant is great... until they find out it's run by Christians. Then all of a sudden it sucks and the people are nutjobs. :ptts: You people aren't even trying to pretend not to hate anymore.
Why does that matter? Is that even a consideration for some? What if someone started by saying, I hear it is owned by blacks? This forum is almost McCarthyists when it comes to Christians.
Some of the most blatant displays of bigotry I've seen on this board has been towards Christians.
Ok now find me quotes of people bashing Christians.GO!
Nothing?You're seriously going to ridicule me and tell me to re-read, and when I do you're going to tuck your tail and run?Pathetic.

Chaka said:
This morning I would have said it is impossible to get a Chick-Fil-A thread shut down.
There used to be one at Coronado Mall in Albuquerque, but the mall management made them leave because they weren't open on Sundays. I know the location in far north Albuquerque does really well, and they are just a few hundred yards from Five Guys.

Last edited by a moderator:
Chaka said:
This morning I would have said it is impossible to get a Chick-Fil-A thread shut down.
There used to be one at Coronado Mall in Albuquerque, but the mall management made them leave because they weren't open on Sundays. I know the location in far north Albuquerque does really well, and they are just a few hundred yards from Five Guys.
:wub: What does the mall care as long as they pay their rent?

best fast food chicken sandwiches, waffle fries are solid and the honey barbecue sauce is amazing.

oh and I fully respect that they are closed on sunday. good for them.

Place is always over-staffed. Everyone is trained well. (Next time you are in one, say "thank You" - I think they are all trained to say "my pleasure" every time.)
I could eat there every day just for the food - but this really seals the deal for me. The robotic responses make it so easy to mess with them. Getting a refill and the girl at the next register was just standing there with no customers. So I look over and say "Thank you" for no reason and she smiles and says "my pleasure." The girl getting my refill says "Oh, was that regular or caffeine free?" and I respond "regular" and then look over at the girl with no customers "Thank you" she responds "my pleasure" but now looks more like :coffee: Then when the first girl hands me my refill I say "OK" and she says "my pleas-" I look over at the other girl - she won't look at me.

Never been. Only heard of it because of how the company has differentiated itself. Look forward to trying it out when one comes around.
A lot of the following has to do with the company itself...it thrives in the bible states (like NC) due to the fact it is not open on Sundays...literally, place is shut down tight. It also is a great place to work as the college reimbursement program is supposed to be incredible. The result is, you get a Macy's-like staff serving you fries. To some people that may not mean much, but if you ever pulled into a McD or BK and the guy/gal at the window looks as though they haven't showered in a week and are strung out, you just may want to get your food some place else.Food is fine, fast food, but fine. Honestly, it is really the only fast food we let the kids (I have three under 8) get.
I think it is amazing how companies can make such a huge impact by treating their employees well. In retail establishments, it seems to me that it should be almost common sense. Whether it is In N Out who pays well above normal fast food pay rates, Starbucks giving medical insurance or Chick Fil-A giving college reimbursement, you can see the difference in the organizations ability to attract, retain and motivate quality people which then helps to create customer loyalty. I remember watching two different shows on Chick Fil-A. I do not remember all of the 'different' things that they do beyond the being closed on Sundays but I do remember having the impression that it would be a nice place to work.

Chick Fil-A is ok, I've never had a bad experience, just I find their chicken to be mostly bland. I like their fries, and I like how they give you a mint.

There are a lot of us in the bible belt that have a gripe with them not being open on Sundays....that seems to be the day I crave it most :thumbup: In the stores around here, the only way you know it's "Christian owned" is because they are closed on Sunday. I don't think I've ever been in one and thought "man, I bet a Christian owns this place". It's not like they are playing church music, have crosses hanging everywhere etc.
You know, I think being closed on Sundays really makes a huge impact on the morale of the employees of the organization. Having been forced back into retail because of my job situation, I have had to work several holidays. Including Thanksgiving and Easter. That just sucks and when you do not pay your employees double time or something along those lines, it really can just make people hate their jobs. When you have employees who hate their jobs then you have significant operating problems because you will not be efficient or effective. Beyond the religious aspect of this, I look at it as a business decision that although may go against the normal tide of retail, actually provides some significant positives that lead to a competitive advantage.

FWIW, they do provide Veggie Tales items in their kids meals. That's a Christian cartoon series.
Veggie Tales is also on normal TV on Sat or Sun mornings (no idea which, I just remember seeing it)

SlaX said:
Being a non-Christian, I respect them a lot for not being open on Sundays for this reason. I remember working at McDonalds during my high school years and on Sundays, we'd have the church folk come in for their lunch and some of them would get high and mighty and start questioning why I'm working on a Sunday. On more than one occasion, I actually told them that if people like them didn't require us to work on Sunday to make and serve them food, I probably wouldn't have to work on Sunday. Hypocrites.But yes, it sucks living around here on Sundays. You either don't shop or have very little time to shop.
Sometimes I hate people.Edited to fix the part I actually meant to bold. How does it make sense for a person to feel that strongly about working on Sunday that they would make some comment to some poor person working on Sunday when they are the reason why there is a market and need for labor on that Sunday. If you do not believe people should work on Sundays then do not shop, eat out, get gas, call police, go to the hospital, etc on Sunday. Seriously.... some people are massive idiots.

SlaX said:
There are a lot of us in the bible belt that have a gripe with them not being open on Sundays....that seems to be the day I crave it most :own3d: In the stores around here, the only way you know it's "Christian owned" is because they are closed on Sunday. I don't think I've ever been in one and thought "man, I bet a Christian owns this place". It's not like they are playing church music, have crosses hanging everywhere etc.
Sometimes I hate people.
If you work in a customer facing business the answers should be more like "I hate people".The vast majority are too consumed with themselves to take the slightest effort to be considerate for anyone else.

There are a lot of us in the bible belt that have a gripe with them not being open on Sundays....that seems to be the day I crave it most :thumbdown: In the stores around here, the only way you know it's "Christian owned" is because they are closed on Sunday. I don't think I've ever been in one and thought "man, I bet a Christian owns this place". It's not like they are playing church music, have crosses hanging everywhere etc.
FWIW, they do provide Veggie Tales items in their kids meals. That's a Christian cartoon series.
Veggie Tales is also on normal TV on Sat or Sun mornings (no idea which, I just remember seeing it)
Yeah, luckily the networks show enough sinful content in the evening hours to cancel out that garbage.

Place is always over-staffed. Everyone is trained well. (Next time you are in one, say "thank You" - I think they are all trained to say "my pleasure" every time.)
I could eat there every day just for the food - but this really seals the deal for me. The robotic responses make it so easy to mess with them. Getting a refill and the girl at the next register was just standing there with no customers. So I look over and say "Thank you" for no reason and she smiles and says "my pleasure." The girl getting my refill says "Oh, was that regular or caffeine free?" and I respond "regular" and then look over at the girl with no customers "Thank you" she responds "my pleasure" but now looks more like :goodposting: Then when the first girl hands me my refill I say "OK" and she says "my pleas-" I look over at the other girl - she won't look at me.
:lmao:

as a NYer that has relocated to NC, chick-fil-a was one of those places that jumped out at me as southern when i first got here. the office goes to lunch everyday and cfa is different from other fast food hovels. i believe the guy who started it is r truitt cathy or something like that. his vision apparently was a family oriented place that had high morals = religion. hence the closed on sunday shtick. he wanted to attract workers that wouldnt feel as if they had to work on sunday. they must hire differently or attract a different crowd, cause i can understand what people are saying. the staff is much different from taco bell & mexdonalds. clean and friendly, community oriented. but honestly, the food doesnt stand out, though the waffle fries are killer. a fried chicken sammich is a fried chicken sammich to me. salads are waaaay overpriced. you can just sense they are religious, but it doesnt choke or engulf you as a customer. i believe they also have a unique ownership structure in that restaurants can not be passed down from generation to generation. i dont know how this works, but i think i heard its one and done then the restaurant goes to someone else. i'm too lazy to google the structure.

SlaX said:
There are a lot of us in the bible belt that have a gripe with them not being open on Sundays....that seems to be the day I crave it most :lmao: In the stores around here, the only way you know it's "Christian owned" is because they are closed on Sunday. I don't think I've ever been in one and thought "man, I bet a Christian owns this place". It's not like they are playing church music, have crosses hanging everywhere etc.
<_< Hard to fault a man for allowing his lowest wage workers the privilege of spending sundays with their families (or watching the NFL, or whatever).And I'm one of the biggest religion haters there is.That and CHick Fil A is the bomb. I won't stop at a drive thru line of 5 cars or more. At chick fil A I'll get in a linbe of 30. Cuz You are out in 5 minutes. It's nuts.

Everyone's going crazy in the Chicago suburbs over three Chick Fil-A restaurants coming around. They had one at my college town and didn't really do much for me. Am I missing something?
Your definately missing something, Chick Fil-A is the best food ever.

I posted this in the last Chick-fil-a thread we had but if you live near a Dwarf House check and see if they have the breakfast buffet. The Woodstock, GA Dwarf House has the breakfast buffet every Saturday morning.

:wub:

One more reason why they are popular in addition to the many responses so far. They are EASILY the most consistent fast food place out there. I've been eating Chick-fil-a my entire life (grew up in a town right next to College Park where their HQ are) and I'm not sure I can remember a time that I got a sandwich that I wouldn't eat. I have gotten Waffle fries that had sat too long but overall all their products are very consistent - if you like the food you almost are guaranteed a good experience going there. Same can't be said for almost every other FF place which can be very hit or miss on their food.

And I completely agree on the diet lemonade - to steal from someone else it's like Liquid Crack.

If you work in a customer facing business the answers should be more like "I hate people".The vast majority are too consumed with themselves to take the slightest effort to be considerate for anyone else.
It is the human condition really. Some people are better than others at not being complete jerk offs but we all have our times. Some are a whole lot worse than others. I worked in a lot of different branches while in banking. My last branch was the worse as far as people being too consumed with themselves. It was a downtown branch and about half of my clients were very wealthy professional types, mostly lawyers. The other roughly half were total ghetto.... two extremes and the worse of the worse as far as being consumed with themselves. Overall, I just try to expect the best and try to convert as many people to the 'light' of being half way decent human beings while dealing with others, so sometimes I hate people because it does not work all the time.

Nothing?You're seriously going to ridicule me and tell me to re-read, and when I do you're going to tuck your tail and run?Pathetic.
Talk about pathetic...you post 3 comments...as I said, very few people being uptight.Get over it.

Easily the best fast food chain in the business. Amazing how profitable they are and they're not open Sunday. Quality chicken products and relatively healthy.

NorvilleBarnes said:
I could eat there every day just for the food - but this really seals the deal for me. The robotic responses make it so easy to mess with them. Getting a refill and the girl at the next register was just standing there with no customers. So I look over and say "Thank you" for no reason and she smiles and says "my pleasure." The girl getting my refill says "Oh, was that regular or caffeine free?" and I respond "regular" and then look over at the girl with no customers "Thank you" she responds "my pleasure" but now looks more like :thumbup: Then when the first girl hands me my refill I say "OK" and she says "my pleas-" I look over at the other girl - she won't look at me.
:lmao:

Users who are viewing this thread