What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Chick Fil-A (1 Viewer)

I think it's been pretty well covered already, but I'll continue:

- Great for fast food. Their little chicken bites they serve for breakfast (forgot the name) would make you punch your S.O. square in the mouth if it required that for seconds, your mama too. Pretty much started the chicken sandwich craze IMO.

- I've never heard that you have to be Christian to own a store, but you do have to work for them for something like 10 years before they'll let you run one. I've heard there are exceptions to that rule as well which involve $$$... it is a business still, right?

- Some people like the closed on Sundays schtick. Me? I hate it like the plague.

- Clean and very polite staff. I've even seen managers working the drive through line, taking orders from people in 95 degree heat because the line is too long. I don't think you can beat their service in the industry.

- I've never noticed a Christian component besides the closed on Sundays thing, but I grew up in the South where it's already nauseating a lot of the time.

One of my good friend's BIL's just opened one and he's supposedly going to open a couple more soon. He worked for them through high school and into college, so the 10 year rule was pretty easy to complete for him. He's about to be a rich dude. I can ask him some questions the next time I see him, but that might be a while and I couldn't tell you when. I'll ask my buddy about the "have to be a Christian to own a store" thing when I see him in a couple of weeks. He's also had no problem filling the Christian quotient if it were there. He puts out a tent to sell sandwiches before football games pretty near a college football stadium. I forget the exact numbers, but he makes a killing there on game day.

Oh, I still think Wendy's Spicy Chicken Sandwich blows theirs out of the water. I'm not sure there's anyone else in fast food who beats them at anything else they do.

Nothing?You're seriously going to ridicule me and tell me to re-read, and when I do you're going to tuck your tail and run?Pathetic.
Talk about pathetic...you post 3 comments...as I said, very few people being uptight.Get over it.
So you couldn't find any attacks on Christians either huh?
I don't recall claiming there were all these attacks on Christians.
ya you're right, you just defended those that did claim that.

Nothing?You're seriously going to ridicule me and tell me to re-read, and when I do you're going to tuck your tail and run?Pathetic.
Talk about pathetic...you post 3 comments...as I said, very few people being uptight.Get over it.
Nope, I laughed at your insistence that it was so much Christians whining...there were a few doing it, you acted as if there were so many more.But, if it makes you feel better...have at it.

Nope, I laughed at your insistence that it was so much Christians whining...there were a few doing it, you acted as if there were so many more.But, if it makes you feel better...have at it.
Sure, 3 people whining about phantom insults isn't that bad. Just delusional, which really shouldn't surprise me as religion is involved, it's practically a requirement.

Last edited by a moderator:
Does their spicy chicken compare favorably to Wendy's? jplvr, above, says no.
Have to agree with him. Their spicy isn't as good as I thought it would be. My youngest son loves it and gets it every time. I stick to the original (with extra pickles!) or nuggets. I think I could eat 50 of their nuggets.

and as great as the food is the people are even nicer. There is a woman named Sheila who works there who we consider more of a family friend than a restaurant employee.

Chick fil a spicy chicken >>>>>>>> Wendy's spicy chicken
:goodposting:
If this is indeed true, I'm even more pumped up than before because I love Wendy's spicy chicken.
I'd temper that enthusiasm - Wendy's is better.
dislike
It's not bad, just like Wendy's better. I was as stoked as anybody to try it when it first came out but I found it lacking. Maybe I compared it to much to the original which is my favorite fast food sandwich of all time.

I want to dislike CFA for all sorts of reasons, but I can't. That chicken sandwich is simply perfection The spicy is great too. While not quite as spicy as I'd like, it's better than Wendy's.

I would never go on record because of my undying loyalty to Bojangles, but well, you know.....

Place is always over-staffed. Everyone is trained well. (Next time you are in one, say "thank You" - I think they are all trained to say "my pleasure" every time.)
I could eat there every day just for the food - but this really seals the deal for me. The robotic responses make it so easy to mess with them. Getting a refill and the girl at the next register was just standing there with no customers. So I look over and say "Thank you" for no reason and she smiles and says "my pleasure." The girl getting my refill says "Oh, was that regular or caffeine free?" and I respond "regular" and then look over at the girl with no customers "Thank you" she responds "my pleasure" but now looks more like :goodposting: Then when the first girl hands me my refill I say "OK" and she says "my pleas-" I look over at the other girl - she won't look at me.
:lmao:
:lmao: :lmao:

I want to dislike CFA for all sorts of reasons, but I can't. That chicken sandwich is simply perfection The spicy is great too. While not quite as spicy as I'd like, it's better than Wendy's.

I would never go on record because of my undying loyalty to Bojangles, but well, you know.....
I've been going there a lot since there's one right next to my daughter's school and it's the Harrison Ford of fast food. Good, but the epitome of boring.

FYI, your kids can turn their kids meal toys in for an ice cream cone.

:chickfilatricks:
My kid knows that, not gonna happen. I do like the 'toys' though since they are educational rather that some junk piece of plastic.

I've been going there a lot since there's one right next to my daughter's school and it's the Harrison Ford of fast food. Good, but the epitome of boring.
You like all that exotic #### they got at Taco Bell, huh?

CFA and In N Out are the only fast food I eat. In N Out I actually like but even the spicy chicken is bland. At least I don't feel bad eating there so there's that.

This place out of business yet...or lost a ton of money as some were claiming they would?

Seems like things are going quite well for them.

Not sure if it's only my local (doubt it) but today they're giving away a free sandwich if you wear in college team football "gear" which I'm assuming is anything with a team logo. Figuring it will be packed.

My cousin owns 2 restaurants... It's incredibly hard to resist going in and getting free spicy chicken sandwiches all the time. I agree that Chick Fil-A stomps Wendy's spicy chicken.

AAABatteries said:
cstu said:
pollardsvision said:

I do like the Cantina Bowls at Taco Bell. Sometimes I want a bowl, and don't feel like fighting through the crowds at Chipotle or Moe's. It's not the best thing in the world, but it's not bad.

This place out of business yet...or lost a ton of money as some were claiming they would?

Speaking of out of business, can anyone explain to me how KFC is still in business?

I think they do about half the business of CFA per store, and even that seems like too much. I don't totally hate the place, but I can't think of a reason to actually go there. Sandwiches drive most fast food joints, and they don't have a go-to sandwich. If you are looking to eat fried chicken with your hands, the market is getting flooded with better options (Bojangles, Popeyes, Zaxby's) and most supermarkets have decent fried chicken.

I feel like the Bob's need to have a conversation with KFC to figure out exactly what it is they are doing in the market.

AAABatteries said:
Raider Nation said:
Does their spicy chicken compare favorably to Wendy's? jplvr, above, says no.
Have to agree with him. Their spicy isn't as good as I thought it would be. My youngest son loves it and gets it every time. I stick to the original (with extra pickles!) or nuggets. I think I could eat 50 of their nuggets.
I like to get one of the nugget trays on gameday and munch on them all day while watching football.

Speaking of out of business, can anyone explain to me how KFC is still in business?

I think they do about half the business of CFA per store, and even that seems like too much. I don't totally hate the place, but I can't think of a reason to actually go there. Sandwiches drive most fast food joints, and they don't have a go-to sandwich. If you are looking to eat fried chicken with your hands, the market is getting flooded with better options (Bojangles, Popeyes, Zaxby's) and most supermarkets have decent fried chicken.

I feel like the Bob's need to have a conversation with KFC to figure out exactly what it is they are doing in the market.
I feel like KFC is the largest(they are a subsidiary of a larger corp, right?) and are everywhere. Same can't be said about Bojangles, Popeye's or CFA....not sure about Zaxby's, but Zaxby's doesn't have pieces of chicken, like KFC does. I don't go to KFC because I don't live in an area where I have to, but not everyone has the options.

I feel like KFC is the largest(they are a subsidiary of a larger corp, right?) and are everywhere. Same can't be said about Bojangles, Popeye's or CFA....not sure about Zaxby's, but Zaxby's doesn't have pieces of chicken, like KFC does. I don't go to KFC because I don't live in an area where I have to, but not everyone has the options.
Yeah, that makes sense. Bojangles and Popeye's are still in the process destroying KFC here in VA, but it's a fairly new thing.

It took these poor souls here in Lynchburg a little while to understand the blessing that was bestowed upon them when the Bo came to town (there are now 3, so they are getting with the program).

But I guess all the competition is still focused largely on the southeast and mid-atlantic. It must be all the people in the NE and out West that don't know #### about fried chicken that are propping up KFC (international fools too, I guess).

Users who are viewing this thread