What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Now is the time to trade Hillis (1 Viewer)

Babu Bhatt2

Footballguy
I own Hillis in a number of leagues, and am trying to trade him as part of a two for one to upgrade other positions this week. He has scored in each of the first two weeks and had a higher YPC than Harrison, which could give some owners hope that he will eventually emerge as "the guy" down the road. I think Hillis owners should play on this and move the guy before he has a bad week without a score.

In my view, the Browns RB situation will not produce a fantasy starter until either Hillis or Harrison gets hurt. It is a sell.

Sell low? I think it would be better to keep him than to trade him for what he would go for. What are you thinking you can get out of him?

Sell low? I think it would be better to keep him than to trade him for what he would go for. What are you thinking you can get out of him?
I'm trying to move him to get marginal upgrades to other parts of my lineup. Usually owners won't do this, but they will if they are intrigued by the throw-in player. For example, I'm offering Hillis and Ochocinco for Roddy White to a RB poor team.

i dont know, harrison had plenty of chances this week but did nothing but fumble again.

see william green

I'm trying to move him to get marginal upgrades to other parts of my lineup. Usually owners won't do this, but they will if they are intrigued by the throw-in player. For example, I'm offering Hillis and Ochocinco for Roddy White to a RB poor team.
I could see doing that.Hillis may end up being the main guy in Cleveland though. I just don't like what Harrison has showed thus far.

I could see doing that.Hillis may end up being the main guy in Cleveland though. I just don't like what Harrison has showed thus far.
If you think that, you should keep him. Personally I doubt there will ever be a "main guy," so I'd like to move him. I want to move him now because I know there are many who think he may eventually be the main guy who will want to buy him.

Is the Cleveland running game really relevant?

Their schedule is brutal starting with Balt next week followed by Cincy, Atlanta, Pittsburgh and with the Jets and Miami down the road and another dose of Cincy and Baltimore during the playoffs.

Why should we care to figure this mess out?

I would be amazed if the guy accepted either of those offers. There has to be some faith behind a name for a person to accept a trade ... Hillis doesn't have enough to get 85 or White.

I didn't realize Hillis had much trade value. I like him as a RB4 and a bye week replacement. Not many guys on the ww that can give you a good chance for a weekly TD like Hillis.

Last edited by a moderator:
I would be amazed if the guy accepted either of those offers. There has to be some faith behind a name for a person to accept a trade ... Hillis doesn't have enough to get 85 or White.
He said Hillis AND Ochocinco for White

and still won't happen.

Yeah I can't read :hot: Still doubtful but at least worth a try I suppose.

and still won't happen.
Maybe not. But there are some teams in every league that have nothing at running back. The guy with Jerome Harrison as his RB2 should want Hillis. Perhaps the Shonn Greene owner is feeling a little panicked. Now is the time to throw some offers out there, is all I'm saying.

Yep, lots of guys in my league willing to downgrade at WR1 to fill a hole at RB3/4.

:bag:

(And now I play the waiting game...waiting for all those offers to roll in for PH).

monkeysee said:
Not 1 Cleveland player worth rostering. Not 1.
FBGs rated the Browns offensive line as the 7th best run blocking unit going into this season. Last three games of the year in 2009 Harrison nearly had 600 yards from scrimmage and 5 TDs. Obviously that isn't something you can count on every week, but there are respectable points to be had out this backfield. I think Hillis is RB3 worthy right now. He's #14 right now in scoring in my league. I don't want to have anything to do with their passing game, but this running game could be a bit sneaky good.

I have to revise my statement, since Harrison may be out in week 3. It might be worthwhile to hold Hillis for one more week.

I have to revise my statement, since Harrison may be out in week 3. It might be worthwhile to hold Hillis for one more week.
Against the Ravens? I'm not sure it makes a difference whether one guy plays this week or both of 'em.Peyton Hillis isn't Cedric Benson.I'm only keeping Hillis around as a value/bye week play in my 20-team league (and even there I may consider trade options as I also own Gore, Bradshaw and Tolbert).

Against the Ravens? I'm not sure it makes a difference whether one guy plays this week or both of 'em.Peyton Hillis isn't Cedric Benson.I'm only keeping Hillis around as a value/bye week play in my 20-team league (and even there I may consider trade options as I also own Gore, Bradshaw and Tolbert).
I see the Browns running the ball continuously this week even if it only gets them 3 yards a pop. If Hillis is the featured back he could get a ton of work. Who knows, maybe he pops one.I've been trying to trade Hillis all week and have had no success. I think he could surprise if he gets all the work, maybe it's worthwhile to hold.

Good offer! But unless the owner of Roddy is a dummy, he won't accept the offer. It is still a good offer i think. These are the type of trades that must be completed for one to increase the overall strength of their teams. Back to Hillis, I don't think now is a good time to trade the guy since i doubt anyone would give anything of value for him. Most people probably believe Hillis is barely rosterable. That's how low his value is. I just don't think you'll get much from a Hillis trade.

I see the Browns running the ball continuously this week even if it only gets them 3 yards a pop. If Hillis is the featured back he could get a ton of work. Who knows, maybe he pops one.I've been trying to trade Hillis all week and have had no success. I think he could surprise if he gets all the work, maybe it's worthwhile to hold.
The only people that really know what he's doing are the people that own him.It's not like he's jumping off the stat sheet.

Users who are viewing this thread