Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Help me construct a trade

Babu Bhatt2

Here is my roster. We start 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 RB-WR flex, 1 TE, 1 K, 1 DEF. The scoring is non PPr, 6 points per passing TD, and otherwise standard. We have 14 roster spots and currently I am without a DEF, having dropped mine to claim McNabb off waivers.

QB

Cutler

Orton

McNabb

RB

S. Jackson

Addai

Portis

M. Bush

Hillis

T. Jones

WR

R. Moss

Fitzgerald

Ochocinco

TE

Z. Miller

K

Bironas

DEF

(none)

I would like to do a 2 for 1 trade so that I can pick up a defense without dropping a player. If I drop a player, it will be McNabb or Jones (probably McNabb). I've tried my best to trade Hillis and/or Jones plus another player for a RB or WR upgrade, but have had no success. So now I am considering trading some of my better players for marginal increases in value.

My general question is this: on my roster, if you were in this situation, who would you try to deal? Which player's value is high enough to be tradable and worth trading? Alternatively, should I just drop McNabb or Jones and forget about trading?

i agree about waiting on portis. Typically it is hard upgrade by combining your worst two players. I'm in the same boat. I've found that trading is a lot easier if you have an "extra" good player. Otherwise you kind of need to identify a player who you think is better than what is perceived by the general public and go after them or get rid of a player that everyone thinks is better than you think they are. Or an even trade based on need.

What level of RB or WR are you looking to get?

What about packaging McNabb with someone and targeting someone who had Kolb or needs a qb

Archived