What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Portis trade value (1 Viewer)

Babu Bhatt2

Footballguy
I'm thinking the time has come to cut ties with my good ol buddy Clinton Portis. Perhaps it is past time to do so. He has not looked impressive at all. But he may have name recognition worth something in a trade.

Does anyone have thoughts/comparisons as to Portis' trade value?

good luck. he may have name value, but anyone that has been following the NFL for the past few years knows that he has a ton of mileage on his wheels. i've had him in a keep 9, 16 team league for a while now, and nobody is willing to give up anything of value.

I'm thinking the time has come to cut ties with my good ol buddy Clinton Portis. Perhaps it is past time to do so. He has not looked impressive at all. But he may have name recognition worth something in a trade.Does anyone have thoughts/comparisons as to Portis' trade value?
Sorry, but I think you're a week too late to get much for him. :X .

Without knowing how many teams are in your league, rosters, or scoring system it's impossible. If it is fairly typicaly (10-12 team) start 2 RB then I would say a bag of Cheetos.

If it's a 16 team league or a 32 team montrosity super hyper league then I would say equal value would be:

QB: David Garrard

WR: Bernard Berrian

TE: Heath Miller

I think an overlooked area is DEF and Kicker. If you can, try to get a stud DEF for Portis. He's a starter at RB, which makes him hard to drop. Thus he takes roster space but truthfully is worthless if you don't think you would ever start him. Most people are quick to give up a kicker or DEF, and let's face it you have to have one anyways so why not get a good one. Maybe offer your DEF and Portis for PITT.

16 team dynasty deal that went down yesterday

some knucklehead/jackass/moron/cheater??? traded Jahvid Best & Michael Bush for Portis & Heyward-Bey + 2nd & 3rd

What if the offer was for Portis + Torain. Meaning, you would definitely get whoever "the guy" in DC is. Trade value?

I was able to pair Portis/Gates for Jennings/V. Davis. Portis's name might be a decent throw in to a deal, but you aren't getting anything for him

I would give you Keiland Williams for him...that's about it.
I would NOT make that trade. In gact I picked up KW last week and would decline the offer for Portis. I'd rather have KW. Only way I'd rather have Portis is if I had to have a 2nd starter for this week's game.

One of the Skins beat writers was on the Sirius/XM fantasy show with John Hansen today and they discussed this situation. He said Shanny likes Williams because he is a good pass protector (not as good as Portis -- not many RBs are) on 3rd downs. But Torain is "clearly" a more talented runner, and he would be next in the pecking order for carries behind Portis. They also like Torain's hands out of the backfield. Look for some swing passes to him in the coming weeks.

This whole situation blows. I drafted Portis and handcuffed KW to him. Now I'm gonna drop Williams for Torain.

:thumbup:

Some guy offered me Portis in a 12 man PPR dynasty league last week for Dez Bryant straight up.

All I said in response was "You have to be joking"

Quite honestly, I would rather have Torain over Portis. As we have seen the past few years it is better to dump a veteran back with a town of mileage too soon than too late. One shouldn't be starting any Skin back right now, yet Torain's upside is significantly higher than Portis'.

Users who are viewing this thread