Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

The "I'm starting Shaun Hill in Week 5" Club

Babu Bhatt2

This week the Rams play the Lions at Ford Field. In the last three weeks, Shaun Hill has passed for 903 yards, 7 TDs and 6 INTs, and has rushed for 69 yards. With Jay Cutler's concussion, I will be picking Hill up and starting him with confidence this week.

Anyone else?

This week the Rams play the Lions at Ford Field. In the last three weeks, Shaun Hill has passed for 903 yards, 7 TDs and 6 INTs, and has rushed for 69 yards. With Jay Cutler's concussion, I will be picking Hill up and starting him with confidence this week.

Anyone else?

I have Cutler too. I can grab Hill, Kolb, Bradford, or Hasselback

I'm thinking Hill or Bradford. Both are facing each other. I think I may be leaning Bradford though?

Is stafford definitely out week 5

Schwartz didnt sound to confident about him playing on the lions radio show. Hes doing some light throwing is all.
I'd be surprised to see them take a chance on Stafford if there is any question with Hill playing so well.Vick's injury may have me picking up either Hill or Bradford.

Yeah, I own Vick/Cutler so I'm pondering the Hill/Bradford pickup as well. Also Fitzpatrick vs the Jags.

All these opponents rank low in pass yardage allowed. I like Hill's receiving options more than the other two.

Is stafford definitely out week 5

No, and though the Schwartz is keeping everything real quiet good news has been leaking out.OCT 4Stafford plans to test his injured shoulder this week by throwing during practice and has not ruled out a return Sunday, MLive.com reports.Recommendation: The Lions take the classified approach to their injuries, so we're not going to hear a lot of concrete information on Stafford's injury this week in the lead in to Sunday's contest with the Rams. It would seem a little early to expect to see Stafford back, though it simply can't be ruled out if the second-year pro can get some practice time in this week.(Rotowire.com)Fri, Oct 1Stafford (shoulder) remains on track with his rehab, the Detroit News reports.Recommendation: "There's been no setbacks as of yet," the second-year pro said. "Everything is moving along. I feel like everything is moving along as planned." Just what on track means is up in the air a bit as the Lions haven't given a real timetable for his return. His practice load would indicate that he's still at least another week or two from returning. Shaun Hill is the confirmed starter for this week.(Rotowire.com)Fri, Oct 1Stafford will not play this week, but NFL Network's Jason La Canfora said that a return for the quarterback in Week 5 is "possible."Recommendation: Of course, with the Lions having a bye in Week 7, the team could decide to play it safe with Stafford if it's determined that he could benefit from additional healing time/rest. Don't be surprised if that's how this situation pans out, but the good news is that Stafford is apparently making strides in his recovery.(Rotowire.com)

Hill is a nice replacement for guys with the Vick/Cutler dilemma. Amazing what a difference a week makes.That being said, I think I prefer Bradford this week, as the Lions D is slightly worse than the Rams D, no?

Lions pass defense has been terrible yes but they played fantastic in the 2nd half after replacing Jonathon Wade with Alphonso Smith.

This worked out well.

yup, now SELL.
What about in a dynasty league? I'm wondering if he could be starting for another team next year. I don't know his current contract situation, but maybe the Lions trade him...?

This worked out well.

yup, now SELL.
What about in a dynasty league? I'm wondering if he could be starting for another team next year. I don't know his current contract situation, but maybe the Lions trade him...?
If it's a deep dynasty league he could have value. He's 30, but he's clearly one of the better backups in the league. It wouldn't be surprising if he had a Trent Green style renaissance in his early 30s.

This worked out well.

yup, now SELL.
If it's a deep dynasty league he could have value. He's 30, but he's clearly one of the better backups in the league. It wouldn't be surprising if he had a Trent Green style renaissance in his early 30s.
I was trying to think of teams that could be in the market for a QB next season. Arizona seems like it would be a great fit. Maybe Washington if McNabb doesn't sign long term. Or perhaps a return to the Vikings...

Archived