What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Nick Barnett maybe done for the season (1 Viewer)

Gopher State

Footballguy
Multiple sources tell the Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel that Packers ILB Nick Barnett may need season-ending surgery on his right wrist.

The loss would be major for a Green Bay run defense that led the NFL in 2009, but has fallen off dramatically at the quarter-season mark. The Packers are giving up an NFC-high 5.2 yards per carry. Desmond Bishop will take Barnett's spot in the starting lineup.

Source: Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel

A. P. has to be licking his chops

Last edited by a moderator:
Dang... Already have Bigby & Harris on PUP (correct?)... Does it look good for those 2 to make it back?

Confirmed..Barnett out for the year..Dang..That's 3 starters and a backup we've lost to IR already..

Last edited by a moderator:
Does AJ Hawk move back to a 3 down role? How'd he look last game once Barnett went out?

Per Adam Schefter on Twitter:

Adam_Schefter Adam Schefter

Packers LB Nick Barnett is out for season after suffering a wrist injury similar to one that ended Brian Urlacher's season last year.

What's interesting is gopher seems giddy about a player injury all because of some "hate" he sees at anyone criticizing a Viking player.

This packer d takes a hit here...add this to Collins bring out this week...chillar's status up in the air going forward and already losing burnett...could be s bumpy road.

Doesn't look like the Packers year. There are rumors Chillar may

end up being out for the year as well and Collins injury may be more serious than expected. Perhaps Ted is hanging onto those draft picks knowing with the injuries they just aren't going to be able to go all the way. It's week 5 and they are without their starting rb, both starting safeties, backup safety, 1 starting cb, starting mlb, backup mlb, backup defensive tackle, it's actually kind of ridiculous.

Doesn't look like the Packers year. There are rumors Chillar mayend up being out for the year as well and Collins injury may be more serious than expected. Perhaps Ted is hanging onto those draft picks knowing with the injuries they just aren't going to be able to go all the way. It's week 5 and they are without their starting rb, both starting safeties, backup safety, 1 starting cb, starting mlb, backup mlb, backup defensive tackle, it's actually kind of ridiculous.
And Chillar is a "backup" almost in name only.As much as they play nickel...he is about as much a starter as Hawk...I think when healthy he has taken quite a few more snaps than Hawk.

Yea, lets get that 18 game schedule started, these guys dont take enough of a beating week in and week out the way it is.

Packers D was always going to be the achiles heal of this team long term. Started with way to many people out (Jolly, Atari Bigby and Harris all either out or PUP for 1st six weeks), then Burnett goes out for the year, Barnett now out, Collins knee hurting, Chillar Shoulder hurting, Jenkins hand which limits his abilities. Some practices down to 4 d lineman, starting shields as the nickel.

Packers D is going to blow chunks against teams with good offenses.

A 17 and 18 game season will find the NFL looking like the UFL with all the talent that would be left to play after all the injuries are tallied up.

Doesn't look like the Packers year. There are rumors Chillar mayend up being out for the year as well and Collins injury may be more serious than expected. Perhaps Ted is hanging onto those draft picks knowing with the injuries they just aren't going to be able to go all the way. It's week 5 and they are without their starting rb, both starting safeties, backup safety, 1 starting cb, starting mlb, backup mlb, backup defensive tackle, it's actually kind of ridiculous.
And Chillar is a "backup" almost in name only.As much as they play nickel...he is about as much a starter as Hawk...I think when healthy he has taken quite a few more snaps than Hawk.
Yeah I sense gopher had a big ##### eating grin as he typed this.I'm not giving up yet but this defense wasn't great to begin with. I think it was good enough to make a Super Bowl push, considering the Packs offense but they can't really afford any more of these injuries. Being week 5 I'm certain they'll have more of these before it's all said and done. Coupled with the lack of running game they now have this season's going downhill real quick.

Yeah I sense gopher had a big ##### eating grin as he typed this.I'm not giving up yet but this defense wasn't great to begin with. I think it was good enough to make a Super Bowl push, considering the Packs offense but they can't really afford any more of these injuries. Being week 5 I'm certain they'll have more of these before it's all said and done. Coupled with the lack of running game they now have this season's going downhill real quick.
They really need Bigby and Harris to be ready to go soon after they get off the PUP.RB is now on the back burner IMO...LB seems like a bigger need.Bishop will get that chance he has wanted...but they are very thin there.Time to start dangling Lee and/or a FB or Colledge or Spitz out there for some depth at LB.Man...wasn't Havner a LB...I think Korey Hall was too. Doubt they can really play D all that well though. (well, Havner is gone anyway).

end up being out for the year as well and Collins injury may be more serious than expected. Perhaps Ted is hanging onto those draft picks knowing with the injuries they just aren't going to be able to go all the way. It's week 5 and they are without their starting rb, both starting safeties, backup safety, 1 starting cb, starting mlb, backup mlb, backup defensive tackle, it's actually kind of ridiculous.
Yeah I sense gopher had a big ##### eating grin as he typed this.

I'm not giving up yet but this defense wasn't great to begin with. I think it was good enough to make a Super Bowl push, considering the Packs offense but they can't really afford any more of these injuries. Being week 5 I'm certain they'll have more of these before it's all said and done. Coupled with the lack of running game they now have this season's going downhill real quick.
Deflecting your disappointment/anger at another user :no:

Interesting how Packers fans dog Bears fans that make excuses for Urlacher hurt all last year....or for Cutler....or for Forte hurt all last year.....but when it comes to your favorite team it's okay :rolleyes:

Deflecting your disappointment/anger at another user :no: Interesting how Packers fans dog Bears fans that make excuses for Urlacher hurt all last year....or for Cutler....or for Forte hurt all last year.....but when it comes to your favorite team it's okay :rolleyes:
So losing Urlacher...plus having a guy dinged up now equals losing 3-4 starters on D?Nobody said the season is over...just that its going to be bumpy for a bit.Others have to step up.But care to show any team in the league that can be without its top 3 safeties, 2 of its top 3 ILBs, and its starting RB and not have it get a bit bumpy?And nobody is deflecting anything on another user...look at his posts...it was a spot on criticism of the OP in this thread.

Desmond Bishop is an upgrade, IMO.
Doesnt matter, thats would never stop Gopgher St from spreading propaganda.
Favre hater thread down????????????????Just posting the facts, read en and reap :confused:
read en and reap? Ro-k Reorge.Let Gopher have his fun. The Yankees are going to beat the Twins. Moss won't be enough to get the Vikings a Super Bowl win. They have a lot of free agents next year, stadium issues and an uncertain future. For a team with no Super Bowl rings their fans have to find success in other ways. Let's give him his fun now and let the Vikings fans rejoice in the injuries and struggles of their rivals the Bears and Packers. Maybe the L.A. Vikings can turn this franchise around and show the World what it takes to win a Super Bowl.

I'm not giving up yet but this defense wasn't great to begin with. I think it was good enough to make a Super Bowl push, considering the Packs offense but they can't really afford any more of these injuries. Being week 5 I'm certain they'll have more of these before it's all said and done. Coupled with the lack of running game they now have this season's going downhill real quick.
Deflecting your disappointment/anger at another user :shrug:

Interesting how Packers fans dog Bears fans that make excuses for Urlacher hurt all last year....or for Cutler....or for Forte hurt all last year.....but when it comes to your favorite team it's okay :)
:lmao: Anger? just making an observation. So if a Packer fan started a thread about so and so for the Vikings or so and so for the Bears being out for the year you'd just chalk it up to him being a nice guy who wanted to inform the rest of the FFA.

Also please quote my excuse when I clearly said I wasn't giving up on the season.

Deflecting your disappointment/anger at another user :bag: Interesting how Packers fans dog Bears fans that make excuses for Urlacher hurt all last year....or for Cutler....or for Forte hurt all last year.....but when it comes to your favorite team it's okay :rolleyes:
So losing Urlacher...plus having a guy dinged up now equals losing 3-4 starters on D?Nobody said the season is over...just that its going to be bumpy for a bit.Others have to step up.But care to show any team in the league that can be without its top 3 safeties, 2 of its top 3 ILBs, and its starting RB and not have it get a bit bumpy?And nobody is deflecting anything on another user...look at his posts...it was a spot on criticism of the OP in this thread.
The Bears lost more than just Urlacher last year....but don't recall sympathy from Packers fans.It is deflecting...who cares who he cheers for....he informed the community on a breaking news.

Deflecting your disappointment/anger at another user :bag:

Interesting how Packers fans dog Bears fans that make excuses for Urlacher hurt all last year....or for Cutler....or for Forte hurt all last year.....but when it comes to your favorite team it's okay :rolleyes:
:lmao: Anger? just making an observation. So if a Packer fan started a thread about so and so for the Vikings or so and so for the Bears being out for the year you'd just chalk it up to him being a nice guy who wanted to inform the rest of the FFA.

Also please quote my excuse when I clearly said I wasn't giving up on the season.
As I was making an observation of deflecting it towards the OP, when he was just informing the SP.This thread has passive/aggressive tone to it.

freaking ALet. It. Go.
No problem...it was a tiny comment I made and another poster agreed with.Not meant to be a big issue.As for the Packers...a lot depends on the status of 3 guys right now.1. Collins...if his injury is worse than they think, they will need another safety. Martin, Peprah, and Bush are not going to cut it. If Harris was back, I could see Woodson moving to a safety role.2. Chillar...if he too ends up out for the year, they will have to make a move for an LB. Hawk and Bishop alone in the middle is a scary thought with no depth beyond that.3. Bigby...he better be in shape and ready to go soon after coming off the PUP...cause they really need him back there right now.

Titus Pullo said:
Desmond Bishop is an upgrade, IMO.
Doesnt matter, thats would never stop Gopgher St from spreading propaganda.
Favre hater thread down????????????????Just posting the facts, read en and reap :shrug:
read en and reap? Ro-k Reorge.Let Gopher have his fun. The Yankees are going to beat the Twins. Moss won't be enough to get the Vikings a Super Bowl win. They have a lot of free agents next year, stadium issues and an uncertain future. For a team with no Super Bowl rings their fans have to find success in other ways. Let's give him his fun now and let the Vikings fans rejoice in the injuries and struggles of their rivals the Bears and Packers. Maybe the L.A. Vikings can turn this franchise around and show the World what it takes to win a Super Bowl.
He's a Gopher fan. Nuff said.. :lol:

freaking ALet. It. Go.
No problem...it was a tiny comment I made and another poster agreed with.Not meant to be a big issue.As for the Packers...a lot depends on the status of 3 guys right now.1. Collins...if his injury is worse than they think, they will need another safety. Martin, Peprah, and Bush are not going to cut it. If Harris was back, I could see Woodson moving to a safety role.2. Chillar...if he too ends up out for the year, they will have to make a move for an LB. Hawk and Bishop alone in the middle is a scary thought with no depth beyond that.3. Bigby...he better be in shape and ready to go soon after coming off the PUP...cause they really need him back there right now.
Michael Lewis???

I have no idea how the current crop of NFL players can be expected to play 18 games. Hell, they can't even get through 16. What is it with players of today? Ronnie Lott had his arm amputated midway up the forearm. And that was just to play a meaningless exhibition game (this was before Rozelle rebranded exhibitions as "preseason" games). And if I'm not mistaken, Jack Youngblood played the NFC Championship game with a peg leg a glass eye and a debilitating case of syphilis.

Get well soon Nick.

:shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread