What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Jerome Harrison traded to Eagles for Mike Bell (1 Viewer)

identikit

Footballguy
I'm reporting, Eagles have agreed to terms on trade with brown(s) for RB jerome harrison

Last edited by a moderator:
As an Eagles fan I like this move. If McCoy goes down or needs some rest Harrison is a much nicer fill in then Mike Bell. Looks like we finally have some depth at the RB position.

Wow, the Browns continue to show me that they no nothing about football.

this is such a lopsided trade its funny

I dont get the Harrison hate in Cleveland

This seems like a wash, in terms of fantasy value, for both guys. They each will have a starter in front of them and will see limited opportunities.

PHi needs an inside physical runner, if McCoy gets hurt, Harrison is someone who can carry the load and the eagles would trust.

For Cle, they didn't want Harrison , and if Hillis goes down now they will now go with Bell

Bell up a bit

Harrison WAY up...

I think this might hurt McCoy and Hillis a bit too, most only if they are hurt, because now their teams have someone else they can throw out... they might also lose some carries to the new RBs

Last edited by a moderator:
Harrison gets a BIG jump up in value.
I don't see it. McCoy looks terrific so far. I think Harrison might get a few more touches than he was getting in Cleveland but unless McCoy gets hurt I don't see him having any value.
He wasn't getting much playing time in Cleveland and although he won't get a ton of touches behind McCoy, it's still a ten times better situation for him. Look at it this way too, if he was starting in Philly versus starting in Cleveland, I think he's be a lot more productive from a fantasy standpoint in Philly.If McCoy goes down, he'll be money.

This seems like a wash, in terms of fantasy value, for both guys. They each will have a starter in front of them and will see limited opportunities.
I think it helps Bell a little because Hillis is hobbling. Unfortunately, he has a horrible matchup this week and in my opinion isn't as talented as Harrison. So the lesser talent gets the more immediate upgrade.

Bell was brought in to be that goal line back and showed nothing through out preseason/season probably more of an injury end of things. But also he just didn't seem to fit in the Eagles system. M. Vick is pretty much going to be the goal line back with his I might run I might pass who knows what the hell I will do type of play.

Harrison has talent just has a coach that doesn't believe in him. He will be a valuable back up to McCoy. And with McCoy being banged up a little bit already they might trust Harrison with some more carries. It will be interesting but I think this is all about preserving McCoy to be able to get through the season.

PHi needs an inside physical runner, if McCoy gets hurt, he can carry the load if McCoy goes downCle: they don't like Harrison, and if Hillis goes down they will now go with BellBell up a bitHarrison WAY up...
I wouldn't classify Harrison as an inside physical runner. That describes Bell more so than Harrison. To me, Harrison is more of a compliment to Hillis and Bell a better combo with McCoy. With this trade, but teams have like running backs. I think it may be a downgrade for both of them...from a fantasy perspective.

Wow, the Browns continue to show me that they no nothing about football.this is such a lopsided trade its funnyI dont get the Harrison hate in Cleveland
Mangini never seemed to like him, no matter how well he did, analogous to Hillis with Josh McDaniels in Denver. Perception quite often counts more than reality.

PHi needs an inside physical runner, if McCoy gets hurt, Harrison is someone who can carry the load and the eagles would trust.

For Cle, they didn't want Harrison , and if Hillis goes down now they will now go with Bell

Bell up a bit

Harrison WAY up...

I think this might hurt McCoy and Hillis a bit too, most only if they are hurt, because now their teams have someone else they can throw out... they might also lose some carries to the new RBs
So why did they trade for Harrison? I don't see a bump for either one.

I don't see it. McCoy looks terrific so far. I think Harrison might get a few more touches than he was getting in Cleveland but unless McCoy gets hurt I don't see him having any value.
He wasn't getting much playing time in Cleveland and although he won't get a ton of touches behind McCoy, it's still a ten times better situation for him. Look at it this way too, if he was starting in Philly versus starting in Cleveland, I think he's be a lot more productive from a fantasy standpoint in Philly.If McCoy goes down, he'll be money.
I don't know, if Hillis went down when he was in Clev he would've been money. Currently, Hillis is 10 pts behind McCoy in scoring in my league so their stats are somewhat similar to date. The only value either have is if the starter goes down. To me, Harrison goes from RB55 to RB47 and Bell goes from RB60 to RB59.

Bell up a bit

Harrison WAY up...

So why did they trade for Harrison? I don't see a bump for either one.
Harrison for bell is a straight steal for Philly. I would have to think that Harrison is also way cheaper then bell without looking it up.Harrisons style and catching ability will fit in nicely as a back up and if McCoy went down I can see him stepping in with just a little drop off. You couldnt say that about bell.

He gets a big downgrade in value actually. The Browns actually have a better Oline than the Eagles, and it's not really close in my book. Not to mention that Mccoy is 100% starter, Harrison will never take the job away without an injury. So Harrison basically turns into a handcuff, while in Cleveland he always had a shot at taking the job away from Hillis, who is kind of hurt by the way. Very bad for Harrison's value.

Somone break this down for me...- Jerome wasn't happy/in doghouseThats all i got...
Harrison is 5'9" 205 and not the grinder that Cleveland wants, but Mike Bell at 6' 225 is the north/south type of guy who they seem to prefer. Conversely, Harrison and his pass catching ability is probably a better fit for the Eagles system than a guy like Bell. Seems like a win/win.

all these people are reading this topic right now (BTW, get ready for a 3-4 page thread within the next hour or two):

91 Members: plyka, proninja, tikitime, Mr Two Cents, jasvic, ppierce, unckeyherb, talongrey, pantherclub, That Little Voice, yellowdog, jude, Patroclus, Ladsud, MadCat, CWB3, emge, the_sig, jwilk, ConstruxBoy, the 'boys, grif, smcindoe, WOW6616, wudaben, rangerforme, Utter Chaos, eaglezzz, Runnyb, Superdbs, TommyGilmore, Giants4Life, Banger, tooski, CrossEyed, Lash, IdiotSavant, The Tick, sweetness34, JaxBill, Steel Town, reprisal, Clifford, northwoods, cubbie5150, RBM, John 14:6, Beanie Baby, scrumptrulescent, Wally Cleaver, Soxwhat, murzman, BroncoFreak_2K3, Sweet Love, RUBISCO, B. Nugget, Catch-23, ScottyDog, jamil, Xue, PC Load Letter, yoadrian, Raleigh Engineers, daylight, Sir Psycho, "The Waterboy", Rounders, phillyfan72, Ghost Rider, Childress, Rylenol, T. Bagger, NoCheese, rjt, DevilDog919, sjslacker, MN Taco, Frank Black, mdlane, BlueBandit24, 3nOut, jlaw, RUSF18, jdgsatx, elbowrm, dehaven123, Kilroy1872, CiderHouse, Badnewz, Synergy, Tacos al Carboner

He gets a big downgrade in value actually. The Browns actually have a better Oline than the Eagles, and it's not really close in my book. Not to mention that Mccoy is 100% starter, Harrison will never take the job away without an injury. So Harrison basically turns into a handcuff, while in Cleveland he always had a shot at taking the job away from Hillis, who is kind of hurt by the way. Very bad for Harrison's value.
Really? You think his value could have become worse? He couldn't get a one legged Hillis off the field in Cleveland.I'm not saying he gets a huge jump but I don't see how his value could actually go down from this.

Yes, the Browns Oline might currently be better but their offense is definitely worse overall compared to the Eagles. And with as good as Hillis has been playing, it would have taken a few big games from Harrison, imo, to take that job away.

Yes, the Browns Oline might currently be better but their offense is definitely worse overall compared to the Eagles. And with as good as Hillis has been playing, it would have taken a few big games from Harrison, imo, to take that job away.
ya, he wasn't taking the job away...he had his shot in the first two weeks and Hillis took it and ran with it. Harrison's only shot would've been injury IMO.

Pretty much two teams (with friendly front offices) swapping disappointments in hopes of a new surrounding sparking something.

Harrison is ungood.
I dont understand this mentality. Harrison single handly saved manginis job last year.
He did?
Eric M. was almost fired and I think without he late season win streak courtesy of Harrisons superman running he would be a man without a job right now.

Harrison is ungood.
I dont understand this mentality. Harrison single handly saved manginis job last year.
He did?
Eric M. was almost fired and I think without he late season win streak courtesy of Harrisons superman running he would be a man without a job right now.
He helped. It was far from single-handed.

Users who are viewing this thread