What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Vick already named week 9 starter.... (1 Viewer)

Romofan

Footballguy
Coach Andy Reid said that Michael Vick will be his starting quarterback when the Eagles come out of their bye in Week 9.

Kevin Kolb's shaky performance against the Titans Sunday made this an easy choice for Reid and he wasted no time in making a decision. Vick's playmaking ability simply gives the Eagles a better chance to win. In two full starts this season, Vick has thrown for 575 yards, rushed for 67 and accounted for six total touchdowns. He'll be a QB1 option against the Colts. Oct. 24 - 4:41 pm et

That is bad news Vick will be back to his old self from the atlanta days . He will suck it up and show his true self and then reid will be afraid to take him out in fear it will make andy look bad..This should be Kolbs team going forward. Yes he didnt play a great game today but he did play good enough to win it. The D just left Britt run up and down the field at will and 10 pentaltys for 100 yards dont help.

I know people want to see Vick but I think its a HUGE mistake I hope im wrong I will be at the eagles/colts game and hope vick throws for 400 yrds and 5 tds ..but wont hold my breath . Prolly see 180 yards 2 ints 1 fumb...And if Britt did that to the eagles D cant wait to see what wayne and manning do :scared:

Schefter tweeted Vick will be the starter Week 9...

Adam_Schefter Adam Schefter

Eagles HC Andy Reid said Michael Vick will start his team's next game Nov. 7 against Indianapolis.

That is bad news Vick will be back to his old self from the atlanta days . He will suck it up and show his true self and then reid will be afraid to take him out in fear it will make andy look bad..This should be Kolbs team going forward. Yes he didnt play a great game today but he did play good enough to win it. The D just left Britt run up and down the field at will and 10 pentaltys for 100 yards dont help.I know people want to see Vick but I think its a HUGE mistake I hope im wrong I will be at the eagles/colts game and hope vick throws for 400 yrds and 5 tds ..but wont hold my breath . Prolly see 180 yards 2 ints 1 fumb...And if Britt did that to the eagles D cant wait to see what wayne and manning do :shrug:
i know this is a total fishing trip, but how are you coming to all of these conclusions?

Reid has lost control of his team, he doesn't know who to turn to now.

He would start D. Mcnabb right now if he saw him on the sideline.

2 QB's that can both start is a nightmare for a head coach....snap to snap,

series to series, game to game....

THIS WILL NOT END WELL !!!

:popcorn:

That is bad news Vick will be back to his old self from the atlanta days . He will suck it up and show his true self and then reid will be afraid to take him out in fear it will make andy look bad..This should be Kolbs team going forward. Yes he didnt play a great game today but he did play good enough to win it. The D just left Britt run up and down the field at will and 10 pentaltys for 100 yards dont help.I know people want to see Vick but I think its a HUGE mistake I hope im wrong I will be at the eagles/colts game and hope vick throws for 400 yrds and 5 tds ..but wont hold my breath . Prolly see 180 yards 2 ints 1 fumb...And if Britt did that to the eagles D cant wait to see what wayne and manning do :popcorn:
i know this is a total fishing trip, but how are you coming to all of these conclusions?
Just not buying into Vick after winning 2 games vs the lions and jags. I need to see ALOT more of him passing the ball before I get excited about him .We no he can run and we no he gets hurt alot.I still believe Kolb will be better for this team going forward . The #s I posted for him are just the old vick stats but could easly see that coming true and no not the 400yards 5 tds stats eather lol

That is bad news Vick will be back to his old self from the atlanta days . He will suck it up and show his true self and then reid will be afraid to take him out in fear it will make andy look bad..This should be Kolbs team going forward. Yes he didnt play a great game today but he did play good enough to win it. The D just left Britt run up and down the field at will and 10 pentaltys for 100 yards dont help.I know people want to see Vick but I think its a HUGE mistake I hope im wrong I will be at the eagles/colts game and hope vick throws for 400 yrds and 5 tds ..but wont hold my breath . Prolly see 180 yards 2 ints 1 fumb...And if Britt did that to the eagles D cant wait to see what wayne and manning do :wall:
Just not buying into Vick after winning 2 games vs the lions and jags. I need to see ALOT more of him passing the ball before I get excited about him .We no he can run and we no he gets hurt alot.I still believe Kolb will be better for this team going forward . The #s I posted for him are just the old vick stats but could easly see that coming true and no not the 400yards 5 tds stats eather lol
You are entitled to your opinion. This team is stacked with Vick at QB. Vick looks nothing like the QB he was in Atlanta. Just my opinion.

Great news, as is the coach saying DeSean should be back week 9, just hope he passes the concussion test in the next 10 days.

That is bad news Vick will be back to his old self from the atlanta days . He will suck it up and show his true self and then reid will be afraid to take him out in fear it will make andy look bad..This should be Kolbs team going forward. Yes he didnt play a great game today but he did play good enough to win it. The D just left Britt run up and down the field at will and 10 pentaltys for 100 yards dont help.

I know people want to see Vick but I think its a HUGE mistake I hope im wrong I will be at the eagles/colts game and hope vick throws for 400 yrds and 5 tds ..but wont hold my breath . Prolly see 180 yards 2 ints 1 fumb...And if Britt did that to the eagles D cant wait to see what wayne and manning do :confused:
I didn't know that.

Thank you Reid. You may have just saved my fantasy season.... depending on how Vick looks upon his return.

I think he continues to put up studly numbers in week 9 vs. IND.

Thank you Reid. You may have just saved my fantasy season.... depending on how Vick looks upon his return.I think he continues to put up studly numbers in week 9 vs. IND.
I think he's a top 5 fantasy QB going forward. especially with the demise of Brees and Brady.

netnalp said:
Great news, as is the coach saying DeSean should be back week 9, just hope he passes the concussion test in the next 10 days.
I have Vick and Kolb on my roster, so I have no particular bias here. DJ is a bigger part of Vick's and Kolb's success than most people seem to mention. Without DJ, Kolb didn't have that offense's biggest catalyst against a better than average defense.

Overall, this whole situation reeks of uncertainty and impulsiveness on Reid's part. It's not good leadership and it certainly can't be going unnoticed by the team right now.

baldbird said:
jude said:
baldbird said:
That is bad news Vick will be back to his old self from the atlanta days . He will suck it up and show his true self and then reid will be afraid to take him out in fear it will make andy look bad..This should be Kolbs team going forward. Yes he didnt play a great game today but he did play good enough to win it. The D just left Britt run up and down the field at will and 10 pentaltys for 100 yards dont help.I know people want to see Vick but I think its a HUGE mistake I hope im wrong I will be at the eagles/colts game and hope vick throws for 400 yrds and 5 tds ..but wont hold my breath . Prolly see 180 yards 2 ints 1 fumb...And if Britt did that to the eagles D cant wait to see what wayne and manning do :lmao:
Small sample size to be sure, but his 2010 stats are:7.4 better in comp % over his career avg; 1.6 better in yards/attempt over his career avg; 1.0 better in yards/completion over his career avg; andhis 6-0 TD/INT ratio this year is clearly superior to his career 78-52 ratio.He also passes the eye test. He looks far more poised in the pocket and keeps his eyes downfield rather than looking to run as fast as he used to. I don't know that he can quite sustain the statistical level he's started off with - I'm not ruling it out either, however - but he's clearly an improved QB over his ATL days. Those old stats (and by "old" we're referring to stats dating back to 2006, BTW) are no longer a good guide for him, IMHO.

It's not really uncertainty though. Yes, he made one 'decision' to start Vick after Kolb got hurt. But he has pretty much stuck to his guns after that. He said that Vick is the starter when he comes back, and he is standing by that. He really only made one 'flip flop' so to speak. All the uncertainty lies with the fans, media, etc...Not to say the uncertainty from us isn't warranted, but to be fair, it is not coming from Reid.

Sir Chadwick said:
Thank you Reid. You may have just saved my fantasy season.... depending on how Vick looks upon his return.I think he continues to put up studly numbers in week 9 vs. IND.
Just the thought of a healthy Vick against that horrible run defense and poor tackling of the Colts makes me giddy! :moneybag:

I knew a bad game for Kolb meant Vick again. If Vick wins against the Colts, then he's cemented in there. If he plays ok, he'll probably get another start. If he looks awful, all bets are off.

Why are some assuming that the bad game by Kolb yesterday is the reason Vick is starting?????

Reid has maintained that Vick is his starter. He has not wavered. I know some grammar police will come in now and post old Reid quotes and pick them apart for signs of uncertainty. Save it please.

Fact is this game had ZERO to do with Vick now being the starter in week 9. The games Vick played against Det and Jac have everything to do with it. Period.

netnalp said:
I have Vick and Kolb on my roster, so I have no particular bias here. DJ is a bigger part of Vick's and Kolb's success than most people seem to mention. Without DJ, Kolb didn't have that offense's biggest catalyst against a better than average defense.

Overall, this whole situation reeks of uncertainty and impulsiveness on Reid's part. It's not good leadership and it certainly can't be going unnoticed by the team right now.
huh? he flip flopped one time. Andy Reid is well respected by the eagles FO...what are youtalking about here?

Why are some assuming that the bad game by Kolb yesterday is the reason Vick is starting?????

Reid has maintained that Vick is his starter. He has not wavered. I know some grammar police will come in now and post old Reid quotes and pick them apart for signs of uncertainty. Save it please.

Fact is this game had ZERO to do with Vick now being the starter in week 9. The games Vick played against Det and Jac have everything to do with it. Period.
Troof:
Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Reid: Vick remains the starter, when healthy; Kolb: just want to win

Kevin Kolb gets another chance this week. He will be the first team quarterback all week and the clear starter heading into Sunday's game against the 0-4 49ers.

But he said he is focused on the game, not reclaiming the starting job.

"If I get into all that, then I'm focusing on the wrong thing," Kolb said. "My focus right now is to go beat San Francisco and make sure I do my part to do that."

Head coach Andy Reid was initially non-committal when asked if Kolb could win the starting job back from the injured Michael Vick, but later told the Inquirer's Ashley Fox that Vick remains the team's starter.

Asked if the job was up for grabs, Reid said, "No, (Vick's) the starting quarterback."

Reid praised Kolb's play Sunday, though both he and the quarterback said there were some chances to throw downfield that Kolb missed.

Reid said he does not expect to bring in another quarterback this week, leaving rookie Mike Kafka as Kolb's only back up.

LeSean McCoy (rib), Riley Cooper (concussion) and Asante Samuel (concussion) all sat out practice today, but Reid sounded optimistic about their chances to play Sunday. Samuel went through a team walk through this morning, and Cooper told reporters he felt good.

McCoy was not in the locker room when it was open to the media, but he played the entire second half last week with his broken rib, which Reid said is lower on his body than Vick's cartilage tear -- and therefore less burdensome.

UPDATED: McCoy said he hurt his rib in the third quarter and played through it, but wasn't sure if he would be ready for Sunday's game.

"I definitely feel a lot better than I did during the game and after the game," McCoy said. "I just feel like the more treatment I get, the better I’ll become."

But asked specifically about his prospects for Sunday, he said, "it's so early to tell right now, so we’ll find out."

Reid hinted at a potential line up change on defense, saying Moise Fokou will get some first team repetitions at strong side linebacker this week, in place of Akeem Jordan. Jordan has had an up and down season, making plays some weeks, and invisible in others.

Fokou said he was not told he was starting, but that he is going to share snaps with Jordan in practice.

Posted by Jonathan Tamari @ 1:14 PM Permalink | 33 comments

Read more: http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/Reid_V...l#ixzz13O0JSROI

Watch sports videos you won't find anywhere else

netnalp said:

huh? he flip flopped one time. Andy Reid is well respected by the eagles FO...what are youtalking about here?
I stand corrected per my last post, above. I'd forgotten that Reid had declared Vick the starter even after Vick's injury.

Why are some assuming that the bad game by Kolb yesterday is the reason Vick is starting?????Reid has maintained that Vick is his starter. He has not wavered. I know some grammar police will come in now and post old Reid quotes and pick them apart for signs of uncertainty. Save it please. Fact is this game had ZERO to do with Vick now being the starter in week 9. The games Vick played against Det and Jac have everything to do with it. Period.
Ah, someone who has never understood the sublety of Reid. What Reid says means zero. What Reid does is what you need to pay attention to. Case in point. Reid said that Kolb was his starter definitively after week 1. Changed his mind 2 days later. This week, Vick is our starter when healthy. Vick practiced fully by week's end. Kolb started. Make no mistake, had Kolb done well again and the Eagles won, he'd be starting week 9.

Why are some assuming that the bad game by Kolb yesterday is the reason Vick is starting?????Reid has maintained that Vick is his starter. He has not wavered. I know some grammar police will come in now and post old Reid quotes and pick them apart for signs of uncertainty. Save it please. Fact is this game had ZERO to do with Vick now being the starter in week 9. The games Vick played against Det and Jac have everything to do with it. Period.
Ah, someone who has never understood the sublety of Reid. What Reid says means zero. What Reid does is what you need to pay attention to. Case in point. Reid said that Kolb was his starter definitively after week 1. Changed his mind 2 days later. This week, Vick is our starter when healthy. Vick practiced fully by week's end. Kolb started. Make no mistake, had Kolb done well again and the Eagles won, he'd be starting week 9.
:) If Vick was his unquestioned starter he would have said so last week instead of leaving the door open when asked. The team looked like crap the entire 2nd half yesterday. Kolb actually played pretty well in the first half. Game completely turned when the line missed the block at the 2 yard line and Kolb/McCoy botched the exchange. After that, the D couldn't cover Britt to the tune of over 200 yds and 3 TDs. Kolb and the offense couldn't move the ball either. Almost seems like Reid got out-coached at half time, or at least couldn't counter the moves made by the Titans.Andy agreed Vick was close to 100% and participated fully in practice. Any unquestioned starter would have started that game. Reid gave Kolb another chance to show something. Anyone who thinks this team is stacked with Vick at QB hasn't paid attention to their defense or O-line.

:goodposting: If Vick was his unquestioned starter he would have said so last week instead of leaving the door open when asked. The team looked like crap the entire 2nd half yesterday. Kolb actually played pretty well in the first half. Game completely turned when the line missed the block at the 2 yard line and Kolb/McCoy botched the exchange. After that, the D couldn't cover Britt to the tune of over 200 yds and 3 TDs. Kolb and the offense couldn't move the ball either. Almost seems like Reid got out-coached at half time, or at least couldn't counter the moves made by the Titans.Andy agreed Vick was close to 100% and participated fully in practice. Any unquestioned starter would have started that game. Reid gave Kolb another chance to show something. Anyone who thinks this team is stacked with Vick at QB hasn't paid attention to their defense or O-line.
You guys can have your opinions, that is fine. But I respectfully disagree. You are just trying to analyze quotes and everything you say is an opinion. Yes, Reid did change his mind one time when he named Vick the starter after week 1. That is it. Vick was not 100%, so he did not play. It wasn't to give Kolb a chance to prove himself. This is the NFL for crying out loud. Not to get all Herm-y, but you play to win. Reid is not going to risk a win to give Kolb another chance. That's silly really.Think what you want, but Vick was starting in Week 9 regardless of what Kolb did yesterday. It's really that simple. And yes, I live in the Philly area, so I am used to Redi's subtlety. And lastly, a coach does not have to say exactly what he thinks just to please us FF fans. He can say what he wants..it is irrelevant almost. Truth is he started Vick hen Kolb was healthy...that's all you need to know.

You guys can have your opinions, that is fine. But I respectfully disagree. You are just trying to analyze quotes and everything you say is an opinion. Yes, Reid did change his mind one time when he named Vick the starter after week 1. That is it. Vick was not 100%, so he did not play. It wasn't to give Kolb a chance to prove himself. This is the NFL for crying out loud. Not to get all Herm-y, but you play to win. Reid is not going to risk a win to give Kolb another chance. That's silly really.Think what you want, but Vick was starting in Week 9 regardless of what Kolb did yesterday. It's really that simple. And yes, I live in the Philly area, so I am used to Redi's subtlety. And lastly, a coach does not have to say exactly what he thinks just to please us FF fans. He can say what he wants..it is irrelevant almost. Truth is he started Vick hen Kolb was healthy...that's all you need to know.
You contradict yourself here. If Kolb played lights out yesterday, why would Andy not keep him in against the Colts if its all about winning? Kolb is obviously on Fire at this point then and Vick would be coming back from 4 weeks off due to injury. Wouldn't make sense to throw a rusty QB out there when the hot hand is Kolb. Kolb played mediocre yesterday so that made the decision easy. Vick was NOT the starter next week until Kolb played yesterday. You can have your opinions as well but it does not make it right.

You contradict yourself here. If Kolb played lights out yesterday, why would Andy not keep him in against the Colts if its all about winning? Kolb is obviously on Fire at this point then and Vick would be coming back from 4 weeks off due to injury. Wouldn't make sense to throw a rusty QB out there when the hot hand is Kolb. Kolb played mediocre yesterday so that made the decision easy. Vick was NOT the starter next week until Kolb played yesterday. You can have your opinions as well but it does not make it right.
when did reid say the week 9 job was up in the air? everything i have read from reid said vick was his week 9 starter and starter in general when healthy.

when did reid say the week 9 job was up in the air? everything i have read from reid said vick was his week 9 starter and starter in general when healthy.
Again what Reid Says and what Reid does are 2 different things. Reid said Kolb was his starter Week 2 until he wasn't. Reid said vick was his starter when healthy until this week when he wasn't regardless of him practice in full since thursday. Its all moot but the decision was certainly up in the air until Kolb played subpar yesterday.

Again what Reid Says and what Reid does are 2 different things. Reid said Kolb was his starter Week 2 until he wasn't. Reid said vick was his starter when healthy until this week when he wasn't regardless of him practice in full since thursday. Its all moot but the decision was certainly up in the air until Kolb played subpar yesterday.
reid flipped after week 1. That is on the record. I dont really know where you are getting the rest of this stuff.

Exactly this. Some people are still trying to argue it. They think the NFL is played like fantasy where you live week to week. After week 1 and the announcement that Vick was the starter, ti has and always was going to be Vick. This has become on this board (and many others, as well as the media) a forced controversy that was 100% made up. No where did Reid say that if Kolb played well he'd be the starter. The best the Kolb supporters (for lack of a better term) have is that Reid was not 100% committal in an interview. Then they turned that into a 'if Kolb plays well, then he is the starter' mantra. Just simply incorrect.It's been done to death. Not trying to argue it anymore. Fact is Vick is the starter. It's that simple.

"Its all moot but the decision was certainly up in the air until Kolb played subpar yesterday."

No it wasn't up in the air. It was to you! Not to Reid. Not to Vick. Not to Kolb. And you are saying that Vick not starting yesterday is another example of Reid flip flopping because Vick was healthy. No he was not. They knew they had the bye and that would get him 100% healthy. If he was 100% and practiced the whole week, he would have started. For a QB, only practicing one day is not enough reps. Maybe it works for a WR or a RB, but a QB needs to be healthy on Tuesday to start, for the most part. Vick practicing on Thursday does not signify 100% healthy.

You are grasping at straws here dude. Vick is the starter. Move on to another topic to spend your time on.

Last edited by a moderator:
You guys can have your opinions, that is fine. But I respectfully disagree. You are just trying to analyze quotes and everything you say is an opinion. Yes, Reid did change his mind one time when he named Vick the starter after week 1. That is it. Vick was not 100%, so he did not play. It wasn't to give Kolb a chance to prove himself. This is the NFL for crying out loud. Not to get all Herm-y, but you play to win. Reid is not going to risk a win to give Kolb another chance. That's silly really.

Think what you want, but Vick was starting in Week 9 regardless of what Kolb did yesterday. It's really that simple. And yes, I live in the Philly area, so I am used to Redi's subtlety.

And lastly, a coach does not have to say exactly what he thinks just to please us FF fans. He can say what he wants..it is irrelevant almost. Truth is he started Vick hen Kolb was healthy...that's all you need to know.
Exactly this. Some people are still trying to argue it. They think the NFL is played like fantasy where you live week to week. After week 1 and the announcement that Vick was the starter, ti has and always was going to be Vick. This has become on this board (and many others, as well as the media) a forced controversy that was 100% made up. No where did Reid say that if Kolb played well he'd be the starter. The best the Kolb supporters (for lack of a better term) have is that Reid was not 100% committal in an interview. Then they turned that into a 'if Kolb plays well, then he is the starter' mantra. Just simply incorrect.It's been done to death. Not trying to argue it anymore. Fact is Vick is the starter. It's that simple.
Till Andy decides he's not. Its that Simple.

"Its all moot but the decision was certainly up in the air until Kolb played subpar yesterday."No it wasn't up in the air. It was to you! Not to Reid. Not to Vick. Not to Kolb. And you are saying that Vick not starting yesterday is another example of Reid flip flopping because Vick was healthy. No he was not. They knew they had the bye and that would get him 100% healthy. If he was 100% and practiced the whole week, he would have started. For a QB, only practicing one day is not enough reps. Maybe it works for a WR or a RB, but a QB needs to be healthy on Tuesday to start, for the most part. Vick practicing on Thursday does not signify 100% healthy.You are grasping at straws here dude. Vick is the starter. Move on to another topic to spend your time on.
Its easy for you to argue but when Kolb becomes the starter after a few subpar vick games, what then? I guess Andy didn't mean what he said... again.

You guys can have your opinions, that is fine. But I respectfully disagree. You are just trying to analyze quotes and everything you say is an opinion. Yes, Reid did change his mind one time when he named Vick the starter after week 1. That is it. Vick was not 100%, so he did not play. It wasn't to give Kolb a chance to prove himself. This is the NFL for crying out loud. Not to get all Herm-y, but you play to win. Reid is not going to risk a win to give Kolb another chance. That's silly really.

Think what you want, but Vick was starting in Week 9 regardless of what Kolb did yesterday. It's really that simple. And yes, I live in the Philly area, so I am used to Redi's subtlety.

And lastly, a coach does not have to say exactly what he thinks just to please us FF fans. He can say what he wants..it is irrelevant almost. Truth is he started Vick hen Kolb was healthy...that's all you need to know.
Till Andy decides he's not. Its that Simple.
And that will prove that you were right? You are 100% wrong here. If Kolb threw for 300 and 3 TDs, Vick still would have started in Week 9 because he gives the team the best chance to win. If Reid changes his mind 3 weeks from now, then that is a completely different situation.

"Its all moot but the decision was certainly up in the air until Kolb played subpar yesterday."No it wasn't up in the air. It was to you! Not to Reid. Not to Vick. Not to Kolb. And you are saying that Vick not starting yesterday is another example of Reid flip flopping because Vick was healthy. No he was not. They knew they had the bye and that would get him 100% healthy. If he was 100% and practiced the whole week, he would have started. For a QB, only practicing one day is not enough reps. Maybe it works for a WR or a RB, but a QB needs to be healthy on Tuesday to start, for the most part. Vick practicing on Thursday does not signify 100% healthy.You are grasping at straws here dude. Vick is the starter. Move on to another topic to spend your time on.
Its easy for you to argue but when Kolb becomes the starter after a few subpar vick games, what then? I guess Andy didn't mean what he said... again.
Let's take a step back. You have referenced 'what Andy saying and doing as completely different things' multiple times in this thread. We all know and agree he did it one time after week 1. Can you please give specifics as to the other times? This seems to be the entire basis of your argument...so please tell us specifically when this has happened bar the one time that we all agree on. And no, that one time is not enough to prove anything.

I've posted it many times, but no one seems address Reid's answer when he said "I don't want to get into all that" when asked last week who the week 9 starter would be. Reid could have simply said, "Vick is my starter if he's healthy". But Reid clearly side stepped it going into yesterday's game. Vick owners can put their blinders on, but Reid hadn't decided until after yesterday's game. Vick is now clearly the starter....until he isn't. That much is certain. Or not.

I've posted it many times, but no one seems address Reid's answer when he said "I don't want to get into all that" when asked last week who the week 9 starter would be. Reid could have simply said, "Vick is my starter if he's healthy". But Reid clearly side stepped it going into yesterday's game. Vick owners can put their blinders on, but Reid hadn't decided until after yesterday's game. Vick is now clearly the starter....until he isn't. That much is certain. Or not.
Obviously I have no idea as I am not in Reid's head, but my answer to that would be that he doesn't want to speak about who will be the starting QB in Week 9 when he still has one (2?) games to be played before then (I don't know exactly when he said that). I take it more as a let's focus on this game first, then worry about the next. Now, that doesn't mean he is playing his QBs week to week. It means he doesn''t want his team thinking ahead past the current opponents. Seems like a coach would solely like to focus on the week ahead first. He could have been 100% assured in Vick, but not wanting to talk about it to the media weeks in advanced does NOT make him a flip flopper or undecided on his starting QB.

"Its all moot but the decision was certainly up in the air until Kolb played subpar yesterday."

No it wasn't up in the air. It was to you! Not to Reid. Not to Vick. Not to Kolb. And you are saying that Vick not starting yesterday is another example of Reid flip flopping because Vick was healthy. No he was not. They knew they had the bye and that would get him 100% healthy. If he was 100% and practiced the whole week, he would have started. For a QB, only practicing one day is not enough reps. Maybe it works for a WR or a RB, but a QB needs to be healthy on Tuesday to start, for the most part. Vick practicing on Thursday does not signify 100% healthy.

You are grasping at straws here dude. Vick is the starter. Move on to another topic to spend your time on.
or maybe he just didnt want to get into that topic because it's all the media asks him about.

or maybe he just didnt want to get into that topic.
Yeah, cuz it will just go away if he refuses to answer. Again, a simple "Michael's my QB" would have put it all to rest. But he didn't.

Yeah, cuz it will just go away if he refuses to answer. Again, a simple "Michael's my QB" would have put it all to rest. But he didn't.
No it wouldn't. He has said, "Michael's my QB" hundreds of times. It did not go away. Seriously, where are you people getting this stuff from!?

how many friggin times does he have to answer the same stupid question. perhaps he was thinking about their week 7 game not their week 9 game. i know thats so crazy to suggest.

No it wouldn't. He has said, "Michael's my QB" hundreds of times. It did not go away. Seriously, where are you people getting this stuff from!?
Believe what you want but andy refused to give definitive yes or no even this week until about wednesday when he gave the vick's my starter when healthy. Guess he wasn't healthy enough for andy to name him week 9 starter yet. After Kolb played bad though it was safe.

I'm getting it from here:Andy Reid has been asked this several times now - after Sunday's impressive, 31-17 Eagles victory over Atlanta, on Monday, and again yesterday. Reid, who confirmed Kolb definitely will start again, as Vick recovers from a rib-cartilage injury, still hasn't given anything close to a "yes" or "no" answer.

"I haven't even thought about that," Reid said yesterday. "We're worried about Tennessee right now and we're not worried about starting jobs. You guys can worry about all that. We're worried right now about trying to put together a game plan, learn the game plan and execute the game plan. That's what I think Kevin is focused in on; that's what we're focused in on as coaches."

Read more: http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/eagles...l#ixzz13OO7ctJh

Believe what you want but andy refused to give definitive yes or no even this week until about wednesday when he gave the vick's my starter when healthy. Guess he wasn't healthy enough for andy to name him week 9 starter yet. After Kolb played bad though it was safe.
you are obsessed with this topic and clearly cannot see this for what it is. you are reading way too much into every little word or non word and every little action or sentiment. I'm just gonna back off of this topic myself.

Users who are viewing this thread