What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

QB Ryan Fitzpatrick, WAS (1 Viewer)

We thought PHI's D was good.  And Fitzpatrick shredded it.  He's going to feast against PIT and their swiss cheese defense.

At CHI should be a different story....but CHI's defense is similar to PHI.  They are good against the run and can rush the passer.  But CHI's secondary can be had.  Look at what Aaron Rodgers did during the 2nd half in game 1.  But that was Aaron Rodgers, and the CHI game will be a tough one for Fitzpatrick.

If TB wins the next 2 games, I can't see TB going back to Winston.

A local brewery near Tampa just posted this on their FB page:

The magic continues and so do the new beers. Now pouring is Ryan FitzGregor, our sour IPA run through raspberries and habaneros. A little hot, a little sweet and a whole lotta wonderful. Keep the magic going.

-- Bullfrog Creek Brewing

:lol:

Confused how he’s not a top 25 QB in top 200 forward.  
Probably because you have Round One, Selection One looming on the sidelines with only one more game left on his suspension. That's not trying to be snarky in tone. That's just the way life is. As soon as Fitz regresses, all the coaches are going with the blue chipper rather than the well-traveled veteran. 

As a Jets fan, I've seen how Fitz can regress to the mean. And quickfast. 

Because when I put him back in my lineup this week he’ll switch to Fitzdumpsterfire and then we’ll have a complete keffluffle about who TB’s starter is moving forward.
Yep. And I'm stuck in a Superflex with Winston, so we've all got our own story right now that isn't pretty concerning those two. 

Probably because you have Round One, Selection One looming on the sidelines with only one more game left on his suspension. That's not trying to be snarky in tone. That's just the way life is. As soon as Fitz regresses, all the coaches are going with the blue chipper rather than the well-traveled veteran. 

As a Jets fan, I've seen how Fitz can regress to the mean. And quickfast. 
I’ve been doing this a few decades also. I know all about fitz but what he’s doing and who he beat is unprecedented .  I don’t think Winston gets the job so quickly when fitz struggles.  They have to give him some room by this team is headed to the playoffs rn

I’ve been doing this a few decades also. I know all about fitz but what he’s doing and who he beat is unprecedented .  I don’t think Winston gets the job so quickly when fitz struggles.  They have to give him some room by this team is headed to the playoffs rn
Oh yeah, I wasn't doubting your knowledge, just pointing out that the situation is so unsettled right now, you can't rank order either him or Winston with any certainty.  

steelwind said:
I'm lost and befuddled.  Goff is my QB1.  Should I be starting the Beard moving forward?
I would while Fitzpatrick is hot.  And his next matchup is really juicy....PIT on MNF, same team that Mahomes torched.  TB defense is average at best.  Expect a shootout.

Bronco Billy said:
Because when I put him back in my lineup this week he’ll switch to Fitzdumpsterfire and then we’ll have a complete keffluffle about who TB’s starter is moving forward.
Oh how the board has a short term memory. He does this every time he has an opportunity to start. Simply blows up for a game or two and then is either traded or sent to the bench. There is a reason he is a journeyman. 

Oh how the board has a short term memory. He does this every time he has an opportunity to start. Simply blows up for a game or two and then is either traded or sent to the bench. There is a reason he is a journeyman. 
Apparently this is the time it sticks and his weapon are much better now or something. 

I would love to watch tape and see if the OC is scheming him differently or making him not throw the ball in certain areas to save Fitzpatrick from his destructive history. Will re-watch the game tonight.

Last edited by a moderator:
STILL on our WW for free rn.

Got Wentz, don’t need him. But might drop my K just to play keep away.

(silly IR rules - had to move Jeffrey from IR to Active to make a move, can’t move him back until he’s officially out)

He does some amazing splits by month over the years. Lot of great Septembers. November - December, awful. Except that one year with the Jets - and then then he played terrible when everyone had him slotted as a low end QB1 the next summer.

STILL on our WW for free rn.

Got Wentz, don’t need him. But might drop my K just to play keep away.

(silly IR rules - had to move Jeffrey from IR to Active to make a move, can’t move him back until he’s officially out)
Picked up Fitzmagic off the waiver wire today. He'll get the start over Wentz in week 3. Loving the magic - keep it going. 

I decided to drop Cohen.

Doubt anyone picks him up, I can scoop him back up this weekend once Alshon us declared out &  I can move him back to IR where he belongs. stupid Yahoo IR rules

Starting Fitzmagic over Wentz is the kind of stuff that makes FF fun. 

I decided to drop Cohen.

Doubt anyone picks him up, I can scoop him back up this weekend once Alshon us declared out &  I can move him back to IR where he belongs. stupid Yahoo IR rules

That's a pretty easy call.  Wentz might be a little rusty.  Fitz is going against PIT, who got shredded by Mahomes.  Game should be a shootout.

We thought PHI's D was good.  And Fitzpatrick shredded it.  He's going to feast against PIT and their swiss cheese defense.

At CHI should be a different story....but CHI's defense is similar to PHI.  They are good against the run and can rush the passer.  But CHI's secondary can be had.  Look at what Aaron Rodgers did during the 2nd half in game 1.  But that was Aaron Rodgers, and the CHI game will be a tough one for Fitzpatrick.

If TB wins the next 2 games, I can't see TB going back to Winston.
I am really not convinced by Chicago‘s pass rush. They did what? Sack Kizer twice and feasted on Seattle. No big deal I think. 

The Fitzpatrick cycle continues. I've always been a fan of his, but it seems like he plays out of his mind when he wants to. He'll eventually have a terrible game.

But I am a big fan. Too bad he doesn't have the FitzMagic trademark.

I decided to drop Cohen.

Same here. Fitzmagic is the best QB the Bucs have had since Garcia and this team is stacked like no other at the skill positions..

Has anyone noticed his Game Four opponent is against probably the top defensive front in the NFL? You think they'll expose Winston to that?  

Looks like Fitz might get his start to prove himself.  

He is going to absolutely destroy PIT next Monday night at home. 
So much of winning is in the intensity a team brings. When a team is desperate like Pittsburgh, is when a team seems to bring their greatest intensity and fight. And when a team has been winning, they often forget the intensity that helped them win. I have a hunch TB is going into battle with a wounded bear and will be little high on themselves after their Philly win.  The problem I have is deciding between Roethlisberger or Fitzpatrick?  Leaning towards Big Ben, but don't like his recent road performance.

Flashy Fitzmagic.ride him till it ends in a week or 2..he's not gonna keep that job. I feel like everyone in here needs some sense knocked into them, stop the insanity..

kinda like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d1Cpc8Vw-2A

the Nun is classic, but the guy with the wrench.. :lmao:

but seriously y'all are hysterical about Flashy Fitzmagic - but he's a Journey Man - and yes you should 'Stop believin', DONT hold onto that feelin ...'

Beam me up Scottie..there's no intelligent life down here..

I’m curious as to what his trade value is. I know people are weary of the looming Winston fiasco, but being the number 1 ranked qb has to be good for something...

I’m curious as to what his trade value is. I know people are weary of the looming Winston fiasco, but being the number 1 ranked qb has to be good for something...
I traded him for an early-mid 3rd in our 14 team Superflex league. I might've been able to get more if he is announced the permanent starter when Winston is back. I didn't want to chance anything and get what I could out of him before his value evaporates. 

Stuart Ullman said:
I've seen this song and dance before. Enjoy it now because it's not going to last.

Wait until he's not playing with a lead. 
While I agree hes not going to average 400/4...

Has he ever had weapons close to this good? & a schedule this soft? Wouldn't be the first time a vet qb comes out of nowhere to be top 10

While I agree hes not going to average 400/4...

Has he ever had weapons close to this good? & a schedule this soft? Wouldn't be the first time a vet qb comes out of nowhere to be top 10
See Rich Gannon - although Gannon had a couple good years with Vikings as a starter, but morphed into more of a backup role for the most part before resurrecting his career with Gruden at Oakland.

Redraft Great / Dynasty Great if off the WW, not so great if you need to depend on him long term or you gave up a lot for him.

Last edited by a moderator:
See Rich Gannon - although Gannon had a couple good years with Vikings as a starter, but morphed into more of a backup role for the most part before resurrecting his career with Gruden at Oakland.
Kurt Warner. Not sure he is considered a vet, but he had played football for 5 years before coming to the NFL

Users who are viewing this thread