Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

How many trick-or-treaters did you have this year?

Juxtatarot

How many?  

207 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

It's almost dusk around these parts and kids are supposed to stop before it gets too dark. I've been home watching football most of the day and I've had a grand total of one kid. I'm convinced that paranoid parents don't let kids have the free range that I had when I was of trick-or-treating age.

This is the first year we've stayed home for Trick or Treating so we're not sure what to expect, but we live in a suburban neighborhood with an assload of ratrugs.

It's 6:00 here now and the tally so far is 0. I'm waiting until at least one shows up before I go put on my Hulk costume.

This is my first year in this neighborhood since I bought my house. A lot of people are driving up, parking at the beginning of the street, and walking right past my house even though my porch light AND my garage light are both on. Apparently, my house is uninviting because the car is parked inside the garage. :shrug: What can I do to lure these little urchins in? :thumbup:

In previous years we've had hundreds, this year maybe a dozen. We moved and this block is mostly retirees, we're separated from other neighborhoods by busy roads.

Plus, with trunk or treat, the mall and a plethora of other community based trick or treats, I think most parents were done early. We didn't see many people out tonight in the blocks we hit.

9:20pm. We had a total of ONE kid. Of course, we were out with my daughter trick-or-treating, so we may have had more drop by and not know it, but only one while being home the last hour and a half, and no one took any candy we had left out on the porch that I can tell.

This is my first year in this neighborhood since I bought my house. A lot of people are driving up, parking at the beginning of the street, and walking right past my house even though my porch light AND my garage light are both on. Apparently, my house is uninviting because the car is parked inside the garage. :( What can I do to lure these little urchins in? :unsure:

This is ludicrous. There was a group of people pressing their faces against the windows of the empty house across the street. Come on, people. I thought a light on was the bat signal for these little beggars.

4 total kids here (two groups of two). Our address was even on a list that my community put out of a list of homes where people would be home and have candy for trick or treaters.

What? There's a list?
Something my homeowners association tried putting together. It was intended to help parents guide their kids to the trick or treating-friendly houses, and to help those handing out candy so not left with a lot of leftovers. Since that was a bust, at least my wife and I bought candy that we liked.

A ton. It started at dark until about 8 and there was a lot of kids...Some older ones....but they even dressed up so I didn't bust their balls. I had to even give props to the 16 year old kid in a hoodie and jeans who said he was a nudist on strike.

:shrug: I would have given him some extra candy or maybe a beer.

This is our 3rd Halloween in the area. In those 3 years, we've had a total of 4 kids.

Do you live in a nursing home or the middle of nowhere?
Update: no kids.DR, have you resorted to standing on the porch with a bull horn yet? Starting next July, start spreading rumors around the neighborhood your going to be answering the door in a see through body stocking.ETA: My notebook has Desert Rose as a female. If not, please ignore. :goodposting:

What if I dressed the dogs up in costumes and tied them to the front porch? Would that attract business?

What kind of business?
I need to unload this stash. I can't be stuck with 15 lbs of candy.
Give it to your students. They can sell it on the street to passing tourists.

Right over 200--yes, we keep track.... :confused:

We moved into our house 7 years ago (new community) after renting for years in a neighborhood that was older. We were used to 25 kids each halloween, so we bought accordingly when we moved here. We were out of candy in about 10 minutes.

We have since learned our lesson over the past 7 years and spend usually $50-$60 on candy and still almost run out each year.

Tonight, I am guessing because it is Sunday, the numbers are down--we were expecting over 300.

Over 100 easy but they only came to the house when i stood at the door or outside with bowl of candy in hand. I guess having a porch light, lamppost light, and drive way light on wasn't enough for them to walk up my ten steps. Oh ya, I also had my door open in 50 degree weather.

The last couple of girls I got were too old(they had boobs, one of them big). The big one helped herself to about six of my twix bars without asking.

Nothing stood out with the costumes except for one girl around 13 years old. She had a cardboard sign around her neck that read "I'm homeless". As she was walking away I noticed she had one on her back as well that read "Im homeless because Obamacare took all my money".

For some of you wondering why nobody stopped by, two tips:

1. No halloween decorations on the house = no trick or treaters.

2. Of course nobody stopped by between 6-9pm. 95% of trick or treating these days is done while it's light out...especially when halloween falls on a weekened.

We probably had 150-200 kids stop by. If we had gotten home at 6pm and not had some decorations outside, we probably wouldn't have gotten any.

2. Of course nobody stopped by between 6-9pm . 95% of trick or treating these days is done while it's light out...especially when halloween falls on a weekened.

We probably had 150-200 kids stop by. If we had gotten home at 6pm and not had some decorations outside, we probably wouldn't have gotten any.

huh? It's dark at 6 and our town curfew is 9. When do you expect people to come by? 6-9 is pretty resaonable to me :thumbup:

We had 6. It's weird because we've been here for 5 Halloweens now and we've been anywhere from 3 to about 50 during that time. Seems odd that we had 50+ last year and 6 this year. But then again, there's a bunch of older misers on my street so there were only about 7 porch lights on that I could see on my street. If I were a kid, I'd find somewhere else to trick or treat too.

This is the first year we've stayed home for Trick or Treating so we're not sure what to expect, but we live in a suburban neighborhood with an assload of ratrugs.It's 6:00 here now and the tally so far is 0. I'm waiting until at least one shows up before I go put on my Hulk costume.

We ended up with probably 75-100 before running out of candy. The first kid showed up around 6:20 and we turned off the lights at 7:45. The dog went ape#### every time the doorbell rang so we eventually had to lock him in the back bathroom. Kids kept asking what that whining/crying noise was and I would tell them it was some trick-or-treaters that didn't say 'thank you'. I'm going to hit the after-Halloween sales today and stock up for candy for next year so we're better prepared.

Zero for me but that's expected--country roads. Used to take my son when he was that age to his mom's neighborhood--what a party!! Besides blocks of kids roaming the neighborhood cul-de-sacs, most of the parents were also out with rolling coolers having a block party, a few would post up in their driveways with a chiminea roasting marshmallows and drinking, and two homes were set up every year as haunted houses which put to shame anything you'd ever find at the fair.

2. Of course nobody stopped by between 6-9pm . 95% of trick or treating these days is done while it's light out...especially when halloween falls on a weekened.

huh? It's dark at 6 and our town curfew is 9. When do you expect people to come by? 6-9 is pretty resaonable to me :unsure:
:toilet:

That's when it starts here. I have never had a kid show up before 5:45 or so....

A ton. It started at dark until about 8 and there was a lot of kids...Some older ones....but they even dressed up so I didn't bust their balls. I had to even give props to the 16 year old kid in a hoodie and jeans who said he was a nudist on strike.

:unsure: I would have given him some extra candy or maybe a beer.
Absolutely. :unsure:

Humor gets you extra candy.

We had a chubby kid dressed up as a pig come to our door. Our house is kind of on a hill, so he was a little tired by the time he got up here. Immediately he says, "It's hard for a pig to walk up hill". Got a good laugh out of us.

Archived