Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

How many trick-or-treaters did you have this year?

Juxtatarot

How many?  

207 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

A ton. It started at dark until about 8 and there was a lot of kids...Some older ones....but they even dressed up so I didn't bust their balls. I had to even give props to the 16 year old kid in a hoodie and jeans who said he was a nudist on strike.

I think I was about 15 when I trick-or-treated for the last time. I think it was the gruff old man who looked like Hoart Petterson's avatar who snarled at my friends and me : "What, did you a##holes DRIVE here?!" before throwing a handful of candy corn into our bags that turned me off to it.

A ton. It started at dark until about 8 and there was a lot of kids...Some older ones....but they even dressed up so I didn't bust their balls. I had to even give props to the 16 year old kid in a hoodie and jeans who said he was a nudist on strike.

I think I was about 15 when I trick-or-treated for the last time. I think it was the gruff old man who looked like Hoart Petterson's avatar who snarled at my friends and me : "What, did you a##holes DRIVE here?!" before throwing a handful of candy corn into our bags that turned me off to it.
Last time for me was Junior or Senior in HS. Can't remember. I was on the X-Country team and we decided to just jog door to door for practice that day. We had an foreign exchange student on the team who was quite fond of his first trick or treating experience.

We weren't home so 0. We went to trunk or treat and had hundreds come by. There were three boys not dressed up at all and I asked what they were, to which they were stupid and didn't answer except one boy finally said I'm a princess. I couldn't say anything and said keep moving and you only get one piece of candy. Another kid was wearing football gear but had a pink bag :excited:

We also had a few um lets give the benefit of the doubt and say high school girls dressed up in a few various outfits, one was a naughty nurse.

18... I think. We were out with our daughter and left a bowl of candy on the porch with a sign that said "take one"... assuming everyone who came took just one, I was able to back into that number.

P.S. my daughter's crew accounted for 10 of the 18.

P.S.2. My daughter took 2 :bag: & :excited:

For some of you wondering why nobody stopped by, two tips:

1. No halloween decorations on the house = no trick or treaters.

2. Of course nobody stopped by between 6-9pm . 95% of trick or treating these days is done while it's light out...especially when halloween falls on a weekened.

We probably had 150-200 kids stop by. If we had gotten home at 6pm and not had some decorations outside, we probably wouldn't have gotten any.

huh? It's dark at 6 and our town curfew is 9. When do you expect people to come by? 6-9 is pretty resaonable to me :shrug:
I guess it depends on the neighborhood. Near us, almost everyone goes between 2:30-5:30. The last few stragglers usually come by around 6:30 or 7. It's about an hour later when it's not on the weekend.

We weren't home so 0. We went to trunk or treat and had hundreds come by. There were three boys not dressed up at all and I asked what they were, to which they were stupid and didn't answer except one boy finally said I'm a princess. I couldn't say anything and said keep moving and you only get one piece of candy. Another kid was wearing football gear but had a pink bag :shrug:

We also had a few um lets give the benefit of the doubt and say high school girls dressed up in a few various outfits, one was a naughty nurse.

Third time I've heard this this year. WTF is trunk or treat?

I had to google it after reading it here a few times and seeing a local church advertising it... it is pretty much exactley what it sounds like.

I had to google it after reading it here a few times and seeing a local church advertising it... it is pretty much exactley what it sounds like.
I just did. So lame... it's a shame that our society has devolved to the point that something like this is necessary.

We weren't home so 0. We went to trunk or treat and had hundreds come by. There were three boys not dressed up at all and I asked what they were, to which they were stupid and didn't answer except one boy finally said I'm a princess. I couldn't say anything and said keep moving and you only get one piece of candy. Another kid was wearing football gear but had a pink bag :goodposting:

We go to our church and decorate our trunk, there is parking lot full of cars doing this, and offers an alternative to going door to door. It's also considered an outreach. My wife painted a pirate ship into boards that we connect along the side of our van and in the opening of the van do some more decorating. There were a couple hundred kids, no clue really as I didn't count, and we enjoy because we don't have to deal with the door bell and dogs going crazy. We bring our kids and they help pass out candy, go along the cars and then my folks take them around their block also (makes for a good time for their relationship).

For some of you wondering why nobody stopped by, two tips:

1. No halloween decorations on the house = no trick or treaters.

2. Of course nobody stopped by between 6-9pm . 95% of trick or treating these days is done while it's light out...especially when halloween falls on a weekened.

We probably had 150-200 kids stop by. If we had gotten home at 6pm and not had some decorations outside, we probably wouldn't have gotten any.

huh? It's dark at 6 and our town curfew is 9. When do you expect people to come by? 6-9 is pretty resaonable to me :lmao:
I guess it depends on the neighborhood. Near us, almost everyone goes between 2:30-5:30. The last few stragglers usually come by around 6:30 or 7. It's about an hour later when it's not on the weekend.
We grew up with (and still hold to) the universal signal of having the porch light on meaning come by for candy. So when they go during the day, do kids only stop at houses that are decorated? In my 'hood that's maybe 5% of the homes.

Im really REALLY P.O. First year in our new house... beautiful neighborhood, lots of kids. I bought full size candy bars!! BOATLOADS of them. Snickers, Reese Cups, Hersey Bars, Twix... The good stuff man!! Got maybe 11 kids. :lmao:

save them for next year... that'll teach those brats to ignore you!

Our neighborhood has a really nice tradition called "Drunk or Treat."

About 30 parents and 50 kids gather for a pizza party in the late afternoon. As it begins to get dark the Moms go to their respective homes to pass out candy while the dads take the kids trick-or-treating. A few dads bring rolling coolers or wagons filled with beer, scotch, wine...whatever. If we run out tradition calls that anyone can ask a homeowner for an adult beverage...."Drunk-Or Treat"...after the kids have gotten candy from that home.

It's a great way to get to know your neighbors. And a good time is had by all.

Our neighborhood has a really nice tradition called "Drunk or Treat."About 30 parents and 50 kids gather for a pizza party in the late afternoon. As it begins to get dark the Moms go to their respective homes to pass out candy while the dads take the kids trick-or-treating. A few dads bring rolling coolers or wagons filled with beer, scotch, wine...whatever. If we run out tradition calls that anyone can ask a homeowner for an adult beverage...."Drunk-Or Treat"...after the kids have gotten candy from that home. It's a great way to get to know your neighbors. And a good time is had by all.

:thumbup: We have the same tradition! Our neighborhood is very small, and all homes have 1.5 acres +. We are literally able to get ALL the kids and parents together before hand, and go as a group to each house. In all we had about 30 kids.

We grew up with (and still hold to) the universal signal of having the porch light on meaning come by for candy. So when they go during the day, do kids only stop at houses that are decorated? In my 'hood that's maybe 5% of the homes.

We live on a street that's basically a circle, with just one entry way and a total of 65 houses. It's a relatively new development (houses are 7-10 years old), so almost everyone has kids. Maybe because of that, 80%+ of the houses have decorations. Some trick or treaters try every house, others skip the undecorated ones.

Around 30. Oh well, ore candy for me. I am a little ashamed of the amount of houses that do not give out candy on my block. I know they are home, but they just don't want to. Yet, when their kids were of age, they ran around and partook in the free candy experience. Weak.

Same here...

20ish Kids this year.

10 years ago we'd get about 100

Hardly worth setting up the decorations

Our neighborhood has a really nice tradition called "Drunk or Treat."About 30 parents and 50 kids gather for a pizza party in the late afternoon. As it begins to get dark the Moms go to their respective homes to pass out candy while the dads take the kids trick-or-treating. A few dads bring rolling coolers or wagons filled with beer, scotch, wine...whatever. If we run out tradition calls that anyone can ask a homeowner for an adult beverage...."Drunk-Or Treat"...after the kids have gotten candy from that home. It's a great way to get to know your neighbors. And a good time is had by all.

Nice.

Archived