What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Jamarcus Russell (1 Viewer)

Would you consider picking him up?

• Hell to the yeah!

Votes: 23 14.9%
  • Only if Shanahan promises to let him run the two-minute drill.

Votes: 4 2.6%
  • Only if the league starts giving points based on poundage.

Votes: 53 34.4%
  • Only in my worst nightmare...

Votes: 75 48.7%

• Total voters
He needs to pull a BMW, take a year or two to find his brain, and then get back in it. He's massively gifted but lazy beyond belief right now.

He needs to pull a BMW, take a year or two to find his brain, and then get back in it. He's massively gifted but lazy beyond belief right now.
This is the thought that popped into my head... if BMW can do it... and yet it takes even more dedication and commitment to become a successful quarterback than it does a WR IMO. It's more than the physical gifts, the mental aspect requires a significant committment, and I'm not sure someone like Russell will ever get it.

What does a team gain?

Right now I think the answer is nothing, maybe even negativity. Russell is the only one that can change that perception and GL to him doing that.

Teams often sign players in December for peanuts so that they're kicking around in the spring and possibly TC. I could see some team signing him, telling him to work out often and seeing how he shows up. There's no commitment there really and (again) it pushes everything back onto him and his work ethic.

On his way to homeless as predicted. :unsure:

http://www.tmz.com/2011/03/03/jamarcus-russell-oakland-raiders-foreclosure-home-mansion-nfl-qwuarterback/

FF mastermind

QB JaMarcus Russell lost most games he started with the Oakland Raiders, now he could lose his home. The former No. 1 pick in the 2007 NFL Draft is facing foreclosure on his $2.4 million mansion. TMZ reports that Russell didn’t write a $195,512.05 check for his mortgage payments. Russell was able to steal $32 million of owner Al Davis’ money by claiming to be a professional athlete. JaMarcus will have something to talk about with former Lions WR Charles Rodgers, the No. 2 pick in the 2003 NFL Draft, who has had TWO homes in foreclosure despite a $9.1 million signing bonus.

Good.

Ryan Leaf is now officially the second biggest bust ever. At least he never had his home foreclosed on. So he has that going for him.

Ryan Leaf is now officially the second biggest bust ever. At least he never had his home foreclosed on. So he has that going for him.
I saw that on TV and a few tweets and all. It's been pretty interesting.IIRC He can't sell his house, he's tried. 195k behind is not super far behind on his mortgage payments but the bank doesn't see an income where he'd even be able to afford it. If he can't sell it then he can't pay the debt. Another option is to have it foreclosed and then file for bankruptcy.There's more and I might have stated some wrong above, sorry. In OK 195k would be two houses. In the northeast, he'd have a house. I can't relate to his multi millionaire lifestyle. Anyhow, found it interesting that some thought this was actually a well thought out reaction on his part and that he had a plan. I was surprised how common it is too.

'cobalt_27 said:
He needs to pull a BMW, take a year or two to find his brain heart, and then get back in it. He's massively gifted but lazy beyond belief right now.
Aside from being able to throw the ball far, what gives you the impression that he's massively gifted?
He's massive, will you concede that part?He's had ample opportunity to have the light bulb click on. It's not going to happen. It does for some, Vick seeming to be the most recent example of getting control of your life, but Russell has been ignoring the attempts to shake him him out of his daze since the beginning. Vick's Atlanta days showed an on-field effort that Russell never did. I'd bet on Favre having more of an impact in the next few years than Russell.

Funny thing is this is one rung below the Arena League. Apparently Jamarcus couldn't get an offer from an Arena League team?

apparently some NFL players have played here before as per their poll.

Fred Jackson

,Anthony Armstrong

Adrian Awasom

Keenan Mace

Giovanni Stanley

Maurice Simpkins

they have some sweet team names too. Omaha Beef and Bloomington Extreme... :lmao:

Last edited by a moderator:
Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheetBest Mobile-based news of the week: JaMarcus Russell is making a comeback! No lie. At 305 lbs now, hoping for 265. May make a Combine cameo
:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: I HOPE HE'S DESTITUTE!!!

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet

Best Mobile-based news of the week: JaMarcus Russell is making a comeback! No lie. At 305 lbs now, hoping for 265. May make a Combine cameo
:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: I HOPE HE'S DESTITUTE!!!
Oh please let Ja-MayMay show up for a cameo at 305. Will be the highlight of the week.
But he's serious about football this time!!!111!!!!1!
You are damn right he is serious, he has not had purple drank in nearly two weeks! He is all in!

If he really wants to come back and is willing to put the work in, I'm happy for him.
Sure, it would be a great redemption story if he got into shape and came back and actually played well. Looking at those pics though, I have a hard time believing that he's serious about doing the work. You'd think that he would be at sub-OL weight by January if he was coming back this year.

If he really wants to come back and is willing to put the work in, I'm happy for him.
Sure, it would be a great redemption story if he got into shape and came back and actually played well. Looking at those pics though, I have a hard time believing that he's serious about doing the work. You'd think that he would be at sub-OL weight by January if he was coming back this year.
He may already be smaller. Those pics are from a year ago, and he looks more like 340-350 in them. Maybe.

Anyone think he could make it at another position? I remember people thought VY should play WR but he refused to consider it. Not sure what position Russell would play. DT maybe? RT? Blocking TE?

Anyone think he could make it at another position? I remember people thought VY should play WR but he refused to consider it. Not sure what position Russell would play. DT maybe? RT? Blocking TE?
Too late in the game for that. Might as well go through the draft or get a FA instead.

Rotoworld says the Jets will kick the tires. He's currently only 45 lbs over his playing weight. He's the new "Pillsbury Throwboy" Championship!

My link

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread