What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

I really hate Daylight Savings Time (1 Viewer)

gianmarco

Footballguy
I don't need it to be sunny at 6am especially at the expense of not having any sunlight at 5pm.

Who makes these stupid rules?

Last edited by a moderator:
Actually that would make you a fan of daylight savings time. It's going back to standard time that makes it dark too fast.

I think we should be on daylight time all year.

I don't need it to be sunny at 6am especially at the expense of not having any sunlight at 5pm.

Damn farmers and productivity.
Don't blame the farmers: World War I was the catalyst for many countries adopting Daylight Saving Time, as the potential for energy savings was attractive. Germany and Austria were the first, in 1916, followed quickly by Belgium, Denmark, France, Great Britain, Italy, Luxembourg, Manitoba, Netherlands, Norway, Nova Scotia, Portugal, Sweden, Turkey, and Tasmania. Australia and Newfoundland joined in in 1917, and the United States was a relative latecomer, beginning Daylight Saving Time in the spring of 1918. However, it was so unpopular it was repealed the next year, and though some cities and states retained the practice, it would not become national law again until World War II.

We need to stay at daylight savings time and then spring forward to have super daylight savings time. Summers don't get dark until almost 10!!! If you want to improve health, happiness and the economy you'll get behind this right now!!!!

We need to stay at daylight savings time and then spring forward to have super daylight savings time. Summers don't get dark until almost 10!!! If you want to improve health, happiness and the economy you'll get behind this right now!!!!
I would get behind this if they called the spring forward "Hyper-Daylight Savings Time"

I'd move it ahead so that the sun sets at 4 AM. You know, as a social experiment.

Sometimes I wonder if the reason they make up these rules is just to see how much crap the public will put up with.

"Hey! Let's pass a law to move the clocks forward one hour in the spring and back again 1 hour in the fall, just to see if the people will do it without questioning it."

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't really care about daylight savings time vs. standard time, I just wish they would leave it alone. Pick a time and stick with it. Changing is stupid.

DAYLIGHT SAVINGS

When told the reason for daylight savings time the Old Indian said, "Only the government would believe that you could cut a foot off the top of a blanket, sew it to the bottom, and have a longer blanket."

DAYLIGHT SAVINGS When told the reason for daylight savings time the Old Indian said, "Only the government would believe that you could cut a foot off the top of a blanket, sew it to the bottom, and have a longer blanket."
I don't think anyone believes that...

I'd move it ahead so that the sun sets at 4 AM. You know, as a social experiment.Sometimes I wonder if the reason they make up these rules is just to see how much crap the public will put up with."Hey! Let's pass a law to move the clocks forward one hour in the spring and back again 1 hour in the fall, just to see if the people will do it without questioning it."
As far as I can tell, ignoring DST is the single thing about Arizona that doesn't suck. Took me over 10 years to get used to DST changes after I moved to CA and the first year I actually got it right was the last year I didn't have a phone or computer that did it automatically and I don't have to worry about it anymore.

Damn farmers and productivity.
Don't blame the farmers: World War I was the catalyst for many countries adopting Daylight Saving Time, as the potential for energy savings was attractive. Germany and Austria were the first, in 1916, followed quickly by Belgium, Denmark, France, Great Britain, Italy, Luxembourg, Manitoba, Netherlands, Norway, Nova Scotia, Portugal, Sweden, Turkey, and Tasmania. Australia and Newfoundland joined in in 1917, and the United States was a relative latecomer, beginning Daylight Saving Time in the spring of 1918. However, it was so unpopular it was repealed the next year, and though some cities and states retained the practice, it would not become national law again until World War II.
Does this mean we've been at war for 80 years?

I'd move it ahead so that the sun sets at 4 AM. You know, as a social experiment.Sometimes I wonder if the reason they make up these rules is just to see how much crap the public will put up with."Hey! Let's pass a law to move the clocks forward one hour in the spring and back again 1 hour in the fall, just to see if the people will do it without questioning it."
As far as I can tell, ignoring DST is the single thing about Arizona that doesn't suck. Took me over 10 years to get used to DST changes after I moved to CA and the first year I actually got it right was the last year I didn't have a phone or computer that did it automatically and I don't have to worry about it anymore.
Umm, spring ahead, fall back. Not exactly rocket science.

'dparker713 said:
'mad sweeney said:
Umm, spring ahead, fall back. Not exactly rocket science.
:confused: Slow it down Stephen Hawkings. How about you put it in terms the rest of us can understand.

'Riversco said:
'Sea Duck said:
'mad sweeney said:
Hmmm....sunset at 4:45 or sunset at 5:45?

Answer: IT DOESN'T FREAKING MATTER!!!
XSun should never go down before 7:30 at the earliest.
And how do you propose to instigate this plan? :popcorn:
Move to Guam. There is a massive US military buildup in Guam taking place from 2010-2014, so the economy should be booming too!
Aren't they afraid it will tip over?

What is the point in still doing this?
saving energy.
Maybe maybe not. Regional studies have shown very little demonstrable savings. One showed savings in the .2% range which was within the margin of error of the study. One showed no savings at all. Dow did a national study that showed bigger savings than the regional studies but the real reason seems to be retail related. Retailers say DST means 400 million in additional sales for them. And they lobby hard against a change. Always follow the money.

'Matthias said:
Because it makes sense?Even with DST, the sunrise/sunset in NYC in June is about 5.30am & 8.30pm. That's better for most people's lives than being 4.30am & 7.30pm.
Ok so why not just stick to that time year round? Why fall back an hour in the fall

'Matthias said:
Because it makes sense?Even with DST, the sunrise/sunset in NYC in June is about 5.30am & 8.30pm. That's better for most people's lives than being 4.30am & 7.30pm.
What's the difference? Isn't this kind of arbitrary? So we would just get up a little earlier and get home from work a little earlier than usual? :shrug:

Just got dark in Chicago burbs. Corresponded with the first really nice weekend day of the year. Just spent 3 hours on yard work, and 3 hours talking to neighbors and my kids played with the neighborhood kids.

Man I hate winter. This is soooooooo nice.

'Matthias said:
What's the difference? Isn't this kind of arbitrary? So we would just get up a little earlier and get home from work a little earlier than usual? :shrug:
Are you asking if it's arbitrary that you happen to live at a particular latitude & longitude?

Being an Arizona guy, I definitely agree. I always feel like i getting hosed when this happens.

Users who are viewing this thread