What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

HC Bill Belichick, (6 Viewers)

BB rarely, if ever, singles out a player. He doesn't throw players under the bus. It's always on him and the coaches and they are the ones that needed to do a better job. If the offense struggled, they need to work harder . . . but he would never say Randy Moss had a crappy game. I can't even remember a similar situation where in front of the media he called out a player by name. It's not a question of why WOULDN'T BB do this,  it's just that he doesn't operate that way.
Sounds like I need to hurry up and lay down some SB prop bets on all the "over" categories for Dion Lewis.

I think that Belichick has probably been more important to the success of NE than Brady has been -- and that's really saying something, considering that I also think that Brady is the best QB ever to step on an NFL football field. It's really pretty effing remarkable that they're together on the same franchise at the same time.
Agreed. Give Belicheck, Manning, Rogers or Brees and he's winning at the same clip. However, it's possible he clashes with each one. Him and Brady are always on the same page.

"I would say in general on our team we have a sign on our wall that says, 'Doing the right thing for the team when it might not be the right thing for you.'

Last edited by a moderator:
He will never answer those types of questions, so we get the gruff BB with the stockpiled answers (we will do what's best for the team . . . I'm not a doctor . . . they're a great team with a lot of great players . . . they are good in all three faces phases of the game . . .)

The irony is that he will tell the reporters he's here to talk about the game against the Steelers. Yet he won't actually talk about the upcoming game against the Steelers.
Fixed that for ya....

One of my biggest disappointments was the last time Bon Jovi played in Foxboro and one of my friends got comped VIP tickets to the show but I couldn't go. 

The seats ended up being third row center and my seat would have been next to BB. After the show, my friend and his VIP buddies got to hang out with BB and JBJ. 

I would have sacrificed a child or two to be in on that. Bill would be on my short list of people living or dead you wanted to have dinner with. 

For ha-ha's, I looked up BB on LinkedIn, and there is a page. I'm guessing it is not the real hoodie, call it a hunch. Here is the description for his time as Head Coach of the New England Patriots.

Four time Super Bowl Champion 
Two Time AFC Champion 
In case you're wondering, I made Tom Brady who he is. That little sh.t would be nowhere without me. 

For ha-ha's, I looked up BB on LinkedIn, and there is a page. I'm guessing it is not the real hoodie, call it a hunch. Here is the description for his time as Head Coach of the New England Patriots.

Four time Super Bowl Champion 
Two Time AFC Champion 
In case you're wondering, I made Tom Brady who he is. That little sh.t would be nowhere without me. 
That's impressive that he only had to win the AFC twice to win 4 rings.  Those two years that they got a bye right to the SB were awesome!

Since becoming a defense coordinator with the Giants in 1986, here are some mind boggling stats surrounding his royal hoodie . . .

This will make BB's 10th Super Bowl appearance as a head coach, assistant coach, or defensive coordinator. Two with NYG (86 and 90) and 8 with NE (96, 01, 03, 04, 07, 11, 14, and 16).

BB coached defenses (as HC or DC) have now won 4 fewest points allowed titles, accomplished with 3 different teams (NE 03 and 16, CLE 94, NYG 90).

That year in CLE in 1994, the Browns had a +136 point differential. In 19 seasons since then, the Browns have only had a positive differential twice (+20 and +24).

New England just put up their 11th consecutive season with a scoring differential of +100 points or more. That broke the NFL record of 10 straight seasons held by the Niners from 1989 - 1998. I didn't look at defunct franchises, but the only other streaks of 5 or more belonged to CLE (7 years in the 40s and 50s) and OAK (6 years in the 70s). BAL, BUF, CIN, NOS, and TEN have a max of 2 seasons in a row with a +100 scoring differential in their history. ARI, ATL, CAR, DET, HOU, JAX, NYJ, and TBB have never been able to put together back to back such seasons since their inception.

In 32 seasons as a HC, AC, or DC, BB's teams have had a +100 point scoring advantage in a season a staggering 19 times (14 with NE, 3 with NYG, 1 with NYJ, 1 with CLE) . NE in Brady's year fell 1 point short and the Giants had a season at +96 points. In 32 years, BB's teams have averaged +99.3 in point differential. That is FILTHY and absolutely INSANE!

Speaking Monday, Patriots coach Bill Belichick reiterated he will be back with the Patriots in 2018.

"I've addressed that question," Belichick said Monday. "I'm not going to be asked the same question every day. That's ridiculous." Belichick was referring to comments he made in January, when he said he would "absolutely" be back. ESPN's Seth Wickersham detailed friction inside the Patriots in an explosive January article, but it's apparently not so bad that Belichick can't hash out his differences with Tom Brady and owner Robert Kraft. Two months shy of his 66th birthday, Belichick is the second oldest coach in the NFL after Pete Carroll.

Source: Phil A. Perry on Twitter 

Feb 5 - 2:07 PM

The Boston Herald's Karen Guregian reports Bill Belichick "chastised [Rob Gronkowski] in front of the players for being a TB12 client" early last season.

NBC Sports Boston's Tom Curran added the incident was a "big part" of Gronkowski's "irritation" with the organization last season. Back in March, Curran's colleague Mike Giardi reported Gronk and Tom Brady were "miserable" playing under Belichick last season with much of the disconnect tying back to Alex Guerrero, Brady's and now Gronk's trainer. At this point, Gronkowski is expected to return to the Patriots, but it is clear there is real friction between the tight end and his head coach.

Source: Boston Herald 

Apr 9 - 10:59 AM

This is so puzzling. Why does Belicheck care who these guys use as a trainer if they are producing and it obvious looks like it is working? Is he is losing it? Is he trying to force his way out? Is he mad at Kraft? I really don't know what to think.

This is so puzzling. Why does Belicheck care who these guys use as a trainer if they are producing and it obvious looks like it is working? Is he is losing it? Is he trying to force his way out? Is he mad at Kraft? I really don't know what to think.
He's a control freak, like my wife. 

I think because they were not using team trainers/staff and that undermined their own staff’s credibility. 

The relationship between Rob Gronkowski and Bill Belichick does not appear to be all that strong these days, and it seems like that has everything to do with the star tight end choosing to follow Tom Brady’s training methods over the team’s.

Karen Guregian of the Boston Herald reported over the weekend that Belichick chastised Gronkowski in front of his teammates at one point for working with Alex Guerrero and subscribing to the so-called TB12 method. Patriots reporter Tom E. Curran shed some more light on the exchange, and he was told that Belichick was attributing Gronk’s slow start in training camp to the fact that he was training at the TB12 Sports Therapy Center.

Source told me that, During camp, when Gronk was performing poorly, he was called out in front of team for being ineffective. Change in regimen was derisively referred to as the reason. This was big part of Gronk's irritation that lasted all year. https://t.co/xl9YzZqmf2

— Tom E. Curran (@tomecurran) April 9, 2018

Last edited:
What I find odd is not the reporting of the squabbling and in-breading that appears to be going on currently . . . it's the fact that NE hid this type of stuff from everyone for 15+ years. I do not for a second think there is much different about the environment in 2018 than the environment in 2012 . . . or 2006 . . . or 2001. That's why I am not really buying into the sudden fall of the House of Usher. I don't really think all that much has changed. But now reporters have figured out they can get more clicks or retweets by bringing this stuff up.

All the haters should be happy. Wickersham has another NE hit piece, that will make 4 since 2015, coming according to WEEI K&C show. Guess they are taking such a bath with Geenberg's new show they have to go back to what they know best.

Bill Belichick on Malcolm Butler benching: 'The final decision is what I said it was'

Correct.

Bill Belichick’s decision to bench Malcolm Butler cost the Patriots another Super Bowl title

The guy who wrote this article is Manish Mehta.  As in Paul Brown, Vince Lombardi, Tom Landry and Manish Mehta.

Buckley: Bill Belichick owes fans better answers on Malcolm Butler benching

Bill Belichick owes fans                        .  You fill in the blank.

Former, current Patriots blast Bill Belichick over Malcolm Butler decision

Brandon Browner and Ty Law, plus a liked tweet from a current player.  Clear concensus.

What I love about Monday morning quarterbacking is what if things were different. Say Butler played and got torched. Then the narrative would be why didn't NE play someone else when the team knew Butler was sick, would have to cover a bigger / stronger receiver, and playing him cost them the SB.

If Brady didn't get strip sacked, there's a decent chance that the only people talking about Butler not playing would be his mother and his agent.

What I find odd is not the reporting of the squabbling and in-breading that appears to be going on currently . . . it's the fact that NE hid this type of stuff from everyone for 15+ years. I do not for a second think there is much different about the environment in 2018 than the environment in 2012 . . . or 2006 . . . or 2001. That's why I am not really buying into the sudden fall of the House of Usher. I don't really think all that much has changed. But now reporters have figured out they can get more clicks or retweets by bringing this stuff up.
I thought this new training guy/stuff with Brady is relatively new?

I thought this new training guy/stuff with Brady is relatively new?
It is new, but Anarchys point may have been more that they have always had squabbles but they have been under reported. I think what is a little different about this one includes the following. TB and BB have been together 18 yrs now so like any relationship there is bound to conflict\friction. TB believes strongly in AG and at this point in his career he is going to do what he feels is best for him (as well he should, hes earned the right). Gronk had a really good inj free yr last yr so maybe there is something to pliability over lifting weights. BB has been coaching quite successfully for more than 40 yrs and he has earned the right to do things the way he wants. Thats my 2 cents......

It is new, but Anarchys point may have been more that they have always had squabbles but they have been under reported. I think what is a little different about this one includes the following. TB and BB have been together 18 yrs now so like any relationship there is bound to conflict\friction. TB believes strongly in AG and at this point in his career he is going to do what he feels is best for him (as well he should, hes earned the right). Gronk had a really good inj free yr last yr so maybe there is something to pliability over lifting weights. BB has been coaching quite successfully for more than 40 yrs and he has earned the right to do things the way he wants. Thats my 2 cents......
Of course there are always squabbles but I think it's dielusional and naive to dismissively attribute this new dysfunction to overzealous reporting 

LMFAO ok Dave
At the time Brady lost the ball at the NE 33 yard line, NE had a 35% chance to win with 2:21 to go down by 5 points.

The 4 previous possessions for NE (not counting the last few seconds before halftime), the Patriots drives went as follows:

- 75 yards for a TD
- 75 yards for a TD
- 75 yards for a TD
- 90 yards for a TD

The Patriots had zero punts the entire game. Was there something special about the Eagles defense that game that would suggest they would get a stop when NE had 4 downs to get a first down the entire drive? The Patriots had just gone 315 yards for 4 TD the last 4 times they had the football.

I don't have the exact numbers, but I believe NE's chances to win would have increased by roughly 10% with each first down they made on that drive.

By no means am I just giving the Patriots a win if Brady didn't fumble, but I don't think saying they had a "decent chance" to get a game winning TD is all that crazy a statement. I get that we will never know, as that's not what happened. I don't know what a "decent chance" equates to, but I would think that 50/50 isn't too far off.

The overall point with Butler, though, was if NE scored that drive and won the game, the Butler story would have fallen by the way side a long time ago.

Users who are viewing this thread