Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

I really just hope is legacy is that of a coach of a tainted dynasty that was shut down by a feisty Eagles team with a backup QB and a trick play for the ages. 

Brady retires and he never makes it back to a bowl. ?

• Replies 881
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This guy is so much better than every other coach, it's a joke.  I hate him so much.  

Nothing like snarky BB to get the day going. The weather in NE overnight and this morning was snow, sleet, and freezing rain. One would think the perfect weather for a controlled indoor practice to be

I used to hate BB and the Pats..but now I have so much respect for him as an NFL HC.   The NFL is an unforgiving league where players and coaches are ate up and spit out. To have this kind of success 

18 hours ago, JetMaxx said:

Of course there are always squabbles but I think it's dielusional and naive to dismissively attribute this new dysfunction to overzealous reporting 

A thousand monkeys typing on a thousand keyboards for a thousand years will eventually produce the collected works of William Shakespeare.  

Eventually the TB BB era will end and the pundits will say AHA!  We were right!

22 hours ago, Anarchy99 said:

If Brady didn't get strip sacked, there's a decent chance that the only people talking about Butler not playing would be his mother and his agent.

And if Brady's first strip sack didn't get nullified by the tuck rule, or Vinatieri didn't make two field goals in a snowstorm, there's a decent chance that Bledsoe would have come back as starter and the only people talking about Tom Brady would be his mother and his agent. 

It's pretty clear that not playing Butler was a stupid move on Belichick's part, and probably an obnoxious and vindictive one as well.

• Like 3
7 hours ago, SeniorVBDStudent said:

A thousand monkeys typing on a thousand keyboards for a thousand years will eventually produce the collected works of William Shakespeare.  

Eventually the TB BB era will end and the pundits will say AHA!  We were right!

Your one monkey typing on one keyboard for one second produced nothing. Please explain how that extrapolates to Shakespeare. 

8 hours ago, nightmare said:

CBS sports headline to that article is very misleading

PFT had the headline "Nate Solder says Patriots were “cold,” but incredibly supportive of his son". When I posted the next paragraph in the story to put things into context, they wouldn't publish it.

On 4/14/2018 at 0:26 AM, gunther said:

PFT had the headline "Nate Solder says Patriots were “cold,” but incredibly supportive of his son". When I posted the next paragraph in the story to put things into context, they wouldn't publish it.

That headline is somewhat misleading, but I do think there are some issues with the Patriots. Just check out Danny Amendola’s recent interview where he LITERALLY calls Bill Belichick “an as****e” combine that with the fact that planet players like Brady and Gronk are very publicly having issues with him and the way he runs the team. Where there is smoke there is usually fire.

11 hours ago, Saboo said:

That headline is somewhat misleading, but I do think there are some issues with the Patriots. Just check out Danny Amendola’s recent interview where he LITERALLY calls Bill Belichick “an as****e” combine that with the fact that planet players like Brady and Gronk are very publicly having issues with him and the way he runs the team. Where there is smoke there is usually fire.

BB's job is get the team and make the players better. Being an a–hole sometimes isn't unique to BB. I've had quite a few managers who were a–holes. My high school football coach was really one but he won a lot of games including being ranked #1 in the state of Calif.. I disagree that where there is smoke there is fire. Publicly having issues? I haven't heard either one say anything, it's unnamed sources. What complicates things is BB doesn't play the media's game. He doesn't burn players in the media. It's strange that the players would burn him.  

“It’s not easy, that’s for sure. He’s an a–hole sometimes,” Amendola told Mike Reis of ESPN. “There were a lot of things I didn’t like about playing for him, but I must say, the things I didn’t like were all in regards to getting the team better, and I respected him. I didn’t like practicing in the snow, I didn’t like practicing in the rain, but that was going to make us a better football team and that was going to make me a better football player. It wasn’t easy, and he’d be the first to admit, at the [Super Bowl] ring ceremony, that it wasn’t easy playing for him. The silver lining was that we were at the ring ceremony.”

Edited by gunther

Lamar Jackson - QB - Player

NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports Louisville QB Lamar Jackson had a top-30 visit with the Patriots.

It is interesting because the Patriots both need a developmental quarterback behind Tom Brady and have two picks at the end of the first round, Nos. 23 and 31. Expected to be selected in the first 20 picks, Jackson might not fall to New England, but they have the firepower to move up and get him if they are interested. Jackson also visited the Ravens last week.

Related: Patriots

Source: Ian Rapoport on Twitter

Apr 23 - 8:45 AM

• 9 months later...

Pair him with Romo to offset his taciturn side...

Tony:  Wow!  That was an amazing read!  Let’s look at what Foles was seeing there when...

Bill:  Sorry, Tony.  We’re on to the next play.

Tony:  It’s now 4th and 8, 30 seconds on the clock!  Bill, what do you think the Eagles do here?

Bill:  execute a play.

• Like 1
  • 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Zack Cox‏Verified account @ZackCoxNESN

Bill Belichick:

"I like football.

I like football season and all the things that go with it."

9:02 AM - 4 Sep 2019

----------------------------------

It struck me that he speaks in the same pattern as this guy.  >>>  http://whilethemenwatch.com/admin/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/belichick-grinch-look-alike.jpg

“The Grinch hated Christmas! The whole Christmas season!
Now, please don’t ask why. No one quite knows the reason.
It could be his head wasn’t screwed on just right.
It could be, perhaps his shoes were too tight.
But I think that the most likely reason of all
May have been that his heart was two sizes too small.”

9 minutes ago, Anarchy99 said:

Who else could get another team to trade two picks and weaken a conference rival while ending up with one of the best receivers in the game. Brilliant! 

So In your opinion, BB started tampering when AB was a Steeler?

Edited by fred_1_15301

So, Gordon and now Brown.  Obviously character does not matter. Of course when your owner is getting strip mall hummers, your Q.B. blatantly lies about deflategate sacrificing the Defaltor to the alter of Brady, and when your coach violates the rules to spy on and videotape opponents there already was no question.  I hope it all blows up.

10 minutes ago, fred_1_15301 said:

So In your opinion, BB started tampering when AB was a Steeler?

I was mostly kidding, but NE tried to trade for Brown when the Steelers made him available. I am sure AB would have rather played for NE than OAK. But orchestrating a master plan of 6 months seems a bit too hard to believe. BB probably said at some point that if he ever hit the open market NE would be interested. Is that tampering? Maybe. But I am sure that type of comment or sentiment goes on all the time. 

14 minutes ago, Ditkaless Wonders said:

So, Gordon and now Brown.  Obviously character does not matter. Of course when your owner is getting strip mall hummers, your Q.B. blatantly lies about deflategate sacrificing the Defaltor to the alter of Brady, and when your coach violates the rules to spy on and videotape opponents there already was no question.  I hope it all blows up.

Edelman and Roids…...the list goes on and on....

17 minutes ago, Anarchy99 said:

I was mostly kidding, but NE tried to trade for Brown when the Steelers made him available. I am sure AB would have rather played for NE than OAK. But orchestrating a master plan of 6 months seems a bit too hard to believe. BB probably said at some point that if he ever hit the open market NE would be interested. Is that tampering? Maybe. But I am sure that type of comment or sentiment goes on all the time. 

But you originally stated that he "got another team to trade 2 picks and weaken a conference rival".  If that's true, then it's a clear case of tampering (given that AB was under contract with 2 other teams).  If you were joking, it didn't come across that way.

18 minutes ago, fred_1_15301 said:

But you originally stated that he "got another team to trade 2 picks and weaken a conference rival".  If that's true, then it's a clear case of tampering (given that AB was under contract with 2 other teams).  If you were joking, it didn't come across that way.

Me thinks you're strung too tight.

55 minutes ago, [icon] said:

:lol: at attempts to sully the legacy of the GOAT.  Belichick is the greatest NFL coach in history... he will go down as such. 

:coffee: 

I can’t wait until Netflix makes a “house of cards” version of the NFL with a BB-type character.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, [icon] said:

:lol: at attempts to sully the legacy of the GOAT.  Belichick is the greatest NFL coach in history... he will go down as such. 

I doubt it will ever be called the Belichick Trophy at the conclusion of the Super Bowl.

1 hour ago, [icon] said:

While I agree he is one of the best all time, I also think there is tarnish on his legacy for the different scandals/cheating.

3 minutes ago, SeniorVBDStudent said:

"What were trying to do is get a seal here...and a seal here...and run through the alley."

Wow.  Impressive.

I doubt Lombardi would have ever video taped another team's practice before the Super Bowl and the many other transgressions from Belichick.  Also, I don't think he ever had an affair on his wife.   Belichick loses on character alone.

4 minutes ago, JohnnyU said:

I doubt Lombardi would have ever video taped another team's practice before the Super Bowl and the many other transgressions from Belichick.  Also, I don't think he ever had an affair on his wife.   Belichick loses on character alone.

Right.  And Pete Rose, Gaylord Perry and Sammy Sosa don't belong in the baseball hall of fame.  Agree to disagree.

1 minute ago, SeniorVBDStudent said:

Right.  And Pete Rose, Gaylord Perry and Sammy Sosa don't belong in the baseball hall of fame.  Agree to disagree.

Only Rose from that list belongs in the HOF.  I never said Belichick wasn't a HOF coach, he is, but he will always play second fiddle to Lombardi.