What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

HC Bill Belichick, (2 Viewers)

:lmao: :lmao: guess it's better than blaming yourself.

maybe he should sue for 100m

stay classy, rams
stay classy? the pats are punished cheaters. Id be pissed too if they took a superbowl from me through cheating means.
They cheated during the regular season, what makes you think they would not cheat in the Super Bowl?

1-8 SL 8 :-)36) T.Brady pass to D.Patten for 8 yards, TOUCHDOWN. Pass 8, Run 0

Play Challenged by Review Assistant and Upheld.

A.Vinatieri extra point is GOOD, Center-L.Paxton, Holder-K.Walter.

SL 3 NE 14, 5 plays, 40 yards, 0:49 drive, 14:29 elapsed

A.Vinatieri kicks 65 yards from NE 30 to SL 5. M.Faulk ran ob at SL 6 for 1 yard.

“I understand Bill is a great coach,” Faulk said. “But No. 13 [Kurt Warner] will tell you. Mike Martz will tell you. We had some plays in the red zone that we hadn’t ran. . . . And a couple of plays on third down that we walked through also . . . And they created a check for it.
total trips inside the patriots' 32 = 2 (both touchdowns)one of those td's being from outside the redzone

:cry: :cry:

Faulk and the Rams should be most pissed about the awful no-call on Brady's intentional grounding with 29 seconds left. http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=GVphiMBbGaM#t=177sIf intentional grounding is called there like it should have been (he was still inside the tackle box, was being pressured and there wasn't a receiver within 10 yards of the ball), the Patriots lose 10 yards, time off the clock and are then backed up their own 31 with less than 20 seconds left. I know some Rams fans who were infuriated by that non-call, especially since the next play was the pass to Troy Brown that all but put them in field goal range.

Faulk and the Rams should be most pissed about the awful no-call on Brady's intentional grounding with 29 seconds left. http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=GVphiMBbGaM#t=177sIf intentional grounding is called there like it should have been (he was still inside the tackle box, was being pressured and there wasn't a receiver within 10 yards of the ball), the Patriots lose 10 yards, time off the clock and are then backed up their own 31 with less than 20 seconds left. I know some Rams fans who were infuriated by that non-call, especially since the next play was the pass to Troy Brown that all but put them in field goal range.
are you going to post the rest of the non-calls?

Last edited by a moderator:
We originally posted this WFAN interview as having been conducted during Super Bowl week. It actually dates back to September. Regardless, it's still interesting to note how commonplace former Cowboys coach Jimmy Johnson feels the use of cameras is by NFL teams. He admits he used them to steal signs all the time.Q: How about the spying thing Jimmy. You're a coach does that bother you what Belichick did?JJ: Oh please. I've said it on our show. Eighteen years ago a scout for the Chiefs told me what they did, and he said what you need to do is just take your camera and you go and zoom in on the signal caller and that way you can sync it up. The problem is that if they're not on the press box side you can't do it from the press box, you have to do it from the sideline. This was 18 years ago.Q: You think the NFL came down too hard on them?JJ: No, no, I said it on the show. He was wrong for doing it for the simple reason that the league knew this was going on not just in New England but around the league. And the league sent out the memorandum to all of the teams saying you cannot do this. And so that's when Bill Belichick was wrong. After he got the memorandum saying don't do it any more, he did it.Q: Did you ever steal signals?JJ: Oh in a heartbeat, yeah. Yes I did.Q: Via video, Jimmy? Or no?JJ: Oh yeah, I did it with video and so did a lot of other teams in the league. Just to make sure that you could study it and take your time, because you're going to play the other team the second time around. But a lot of coaches did it, this was commonplace.Q: But did you do it by taping the signal caller?JJ: Yeah.Q: Oh you did.JJ: That's what I'm saying. I was saying one of Marty Schottenheimer's scouts, Mark Hatley, who has passed away now, Mark told me that's how they did it, and Howard Mudd their offensive line coach with Kansas City, who now coaches for Tony Dungy, he was the best in the entire league at stealing signals.Q: Where'd you put your guy who was videotaping? Where was he?JJ: My guy was up with my camera crew in the press box. So you'd just put an extra camera up with your camera crew in the press box who zoomed in on the signal callers. That's the best way to do it, but anyway you can't always do that because the press box camera crew might be on the same side as the opposing team. If they're on the same side as the opposing team that's when you need to do it from the sideline.
I guess you know who the big dog in the nfl is by who they're talking about during superbowl week. :lmao: whole lotta gossip queens :cry: again this year --- business as usual.we'll see you guys again next year -- looking fwd to the season.

Has he won anything of significance since the Patriots were caught cheating?
Not if you define "anything of significance" as "anything the Patriots lost". He's got two SB appearances, 3 AFCCG appearances, and the first 16-0 team in history. We can argue about whether those are as significant as a SB championship, but you can't argue they aren't significant.

We originally posted this WFAN interview as having been conducted during Super Bowl week. It actually dates back to September. Regardless, it's still interesting to note how commonplace former Cowboys coach Jimmy Johnson feels the use of cameras is by NFL teams. He admits he used them to steal signs all the time.

Q: How about the spying thing Jimmy. You're a coach does that bother you what Belichick did?

JJ: Oh please. I've said it on our show. Eighteen years ago a scout for the Chiefs told me what they did, and he said what you need to do is just take your camera and you go and zoom in on the signal caller and that way you can sync it up. The problem is that if they're not on the press box side you can't do it from the press box, you have to do it from the sideline. This was 18 years ago.

Q: You think the NFL came down too hard on them?

JJ: No, no, I said it on the show. He was wrong for doing it for the simple reason that the league knew this was going on not just in New England but around the league. And the league sent out the memorandum to all of the teams saying you cannot do this. And so that's when Bill Belichick was wrong. After he got the memorandum saying don't do it any more, he did it.

Q: Did you ever steal signals?

JJ: Oh in a heartbeat, yeah. Yes I did.

Q: Via video, Jimmy? Or no?

JJ: Oh yeah, I did it with video and so did a lot of other teams in the league. Just to make sure that you could study it and take your time, because you're going to play the other team the second time around. But a lot of coaches did it, this was commonplace.

Q: But did you do it by taping the signal caller?

JJ: Yeah.

Q: Oh you did.

JJ: That's what I'm saying. I was saying one of Marty Schottenheimer's scouts, Mark Hatley, who has passed away now, Mark told me that's how they did it, and Howard Mudd their offensive line coach with Kansas City, who now coaches for Tony Dungy, he was the best in the entire league at stealing signals.

Q: Where'd you put your guy who was videotaping? Where was he?

JJ: My guy was up with my camera crew in the press box. So you'd just put an extra camera up with your camera crew in the press box who zoomed in on the signal callers. That's the best way to do it, but anyway you can't always do that because the press box camera crew might be on the same side as the opposing team. If they're on the same side as the opposing team that's when you need to do it from the sideline.
I guess you know who the big dog in the nfl is by who they're talking about during superbowl week. :lmao:

whole lotta gossip queens :cry: again this year --- business as usual.

we'll see you guys again next year -- looking fwd to the season.
Coaches for Tony Dungy? Where did you dig that up?

Not if you define "anything of significance" as "anything the Patriots lost". He's got two SB appearances, 3 AFCCG appearances, and the first 16-0 team in history. We can argue about whether those are as significant as a SB championship, but you can't argue they aren't significant.
I always look forward to reading your insightful posts during the football season. So the Patriots have done well, they just didn't have the "edge" they needed to win another Super Bowl?Full disclosure: I haven't said anything nice about the Patriots since the 2001 Super Bowl.

I always look forward to reading your insightful posts during the football season. So the Patriots have done well, they just didn't have the "edge" they needed to win another Super Bowl?

Full disclosure: I haven't said anything nice about the Patriots since the 2001 Super Bowl.

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

patriots have left a long trail of tears and broken dreams.

I always look forward to reading your insightful posts during the football season. So the Patriots have done well, they just didn't have the "edge" they needed to win another Super Bowl?

Full disclosure: I haven't said anything nice about the Patriots since the 2001 Super Bowl.

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

patriots have left a long rail of tears and broken dreams.
...and destroyed video tape. :)

It's Lombardi or Walsh. But I guess in times like these you just defer to the guy with his name on the trophy.
I believe Gibbs is still the only coach to win a Super Bowl with three different starting QBs, yes? Has to put him in the conversation at least, depending on how important you think QB play is.

:lmao: :lmao: willie mcginest
"If we had extra information that game wouldn't have come down to a field goal"
that's why I love being a pats fan --- I can root for these guys while rams fans get the embarrassment of marshall faulk.maybe if those crying #####es had manned up instead of turtling up the pats wouldn't have been able to push them down and take their lunch money.

I always look forward to reading your insightful posts during the football season. So the Patriots have done well, they just didn't have the "edge" they needed to win another Super Bowl?Full disclosure: I haven't said anything nice about the Patriots since the 2001 Super Bowl.
Fantasy owners will always tell you that winning championships is luck, that the best owners are those guys that consistently make the playoffs and field competitive teams. I'd say the same is true in the NFL. A team has to get a lot of lucky bounces to win a championship- the best franchises are those that are consistently in the hunt. And nobody has been more consistently in the hunt than Belichick and the Patriots, who have had double digit wins every year since 2006.

that's why I love being a pats fan --- I can root for these guys while rams fans get the embarrassment of marshall faulk.maybe if those crying #####es had manned up instead of turtling up the pats wouldn't have been able to push them down and take their lunch money.
:lmao: :lmao:

guess it's better than blaming yourself.

stay classy, rams
Yea, those classless Rams are terrible. :rolleyes:

stay classy, rams
Nobody confuses Belichick with class. He is still under .500 without Brady at QB.

Nobody confuses Belichick with class. He is still under .500 without Brady at QB.
I didn't realize you were everybody's spokesman --- when was that election, or is it an appointed position?his record with the incomparable matt cassel at qb isn't bad.I think that alone should be hof credentials.

:lmao: :lmao: at Kool-Aid Larry getting so defensive. This just shows that the fact that the Pats super bowl wins are at the very least somewhat tarnished really bugs him. If it was a non-issue, he wouldn't get so agitated.

stay classy, rams
:goodposting:

:lmao: :lmao: at Kool-Aid Larry getting so defensive. This just shows that the fact that the Pats super bowl wins are at the very least somewhat tarnished really bugs him. If it was a non-issue, he wouldn't get so agitated.
I'll talk pats in any thread -- even the troll threads are cool, which is most of them on this board.when did posting = agitation?unlike many posters in here, I try to stick to posting about things that I actually know something about --- I don't need to have an opinion on everything.if there's a pats thread in here chances are I'll be posting in it.

Are you sure? The last time we started fact checking your posts it didn't work out so hot for you.
Who is WE? Since you are The Ref I will do the work for you. Here you are:Cleveland Record

1991 6-10

1992 7-9

1993 7-9

1994 11-5

1995 5-11

Total 36-44

New England Record w/out Brady starting

2000 5-11

2001 0-2

2008 10-5

Total 15-18

Your Grand Total = 51 - 62

Please provide proof where it didn't work out so hot for me... :no:

so, he took over a 3-13 team in cleveland and a few years later had them at 11-5 with a playoff win, then years later, with an entirely different roster, won 11 games with matt cassel at qb?DAMN that guy sux!!! :lmao: :lmao:

so, he took over a 3-13 team in cleveland and a few years later had them at 11-5 with a playoff win, then years later, with an entirely different roster, won 11 games with matt cassel at qb?DAMN that guy sux!!! :lmao: :lmao:
Sorry if do not agree, but I believe the Patriot's success is a lot more Brady than Belichick.

Sorry if do not agree, but I believe the Patriot's success is a lot more Brady than Belichick.
you can believe in peter pan if you want -- I'm not the thought police.they won 11 games in '08, followed by 10 games in '09, but it's all brady.

btw, I noticed that after the pats broke their spirits in 2001, the raiders and rams quickly went into the tank and became 2 of the laughingstock franchises over the last decade, while the pats paced the nfl in wins.do you think it's possible belichick feeds on life forces, somehow, and how could we get that reported by bspn?

btw, I noticed that after the pats broke their spirits in 2001, the raiders and rams quickly went into the tank and became 2 of the laughingstock franchises over the last decade, while the pats paced the nfl in wins.do you think it's possible belichick feeds on life forces, somehow, and how could we get that reported by bspn?
Just to be clear- you're talking about the Raiders team that went to the Super Bowl in 2002-2003, right?The amazing thing about Patriots fans is that you're not an anomaly. Most of them are just like you.

It's Lombardi or Walsh. But I guess in times like these you just defer to the guy with his name on the trophy.
I believe Gibbs is still the only coach to win a Super Bowl with three different starting QBs, yes? Has to put him in the conversation at least, depending on how important you think QB play is.
Holmgren won the Super Bowl with the Packers and then got robbed in the Super Bowl with the Seahawks in what was a terribly officiated game.

Just to be clear- you're talking about the Raiders team that went to the Super Bowl in 2002-2003, right?The amazing thing about Patriots fans is that you're not an anomaly. Most of them are just like you.
sorry if my post was confusing -- I'm talking about the raiders team that has won 49 games in the last 10 seasons, for less than a 5 win average.that's an awful lot of calls going against them, but maybe it was sabotage.

Hey now, the Rams have never been a laughingstock franchise in my opinion. :cry: The team just dealt with a very unfortunate series of those unlucky bounces SSOG was mentioning in his post.Coach Fisher will lead the Rams back to glory though, count on it! :thumbup:

'Kool-Aid Larry said:
'TobiasFunke said:
'Kool-Aid Larry said:
sorry if my post was confusing -- I'm talking about the raiders team that has won 49 games in the last 10 seasons, for less than a 5 win average.that's an awful lot of calls going against them, but maybe it was sabotage.
Maybe next time don't use the word "quickly." Or "broke their spirits," I guess, since broken spirits generally don't turn around and go 11-5 including a win over their spirit-breakers on their way to the Super Bowl.Otherwise, keep on truckin'. You are truly the embodiment of what it is to be a Patriots fan.

'Kool-Aid Larry said:
'TobiasFunke said:
'Kool-Aid Larry said:
Maybe next time don't use the word "quickly." Or "broke their spirits," I guess, since broken spirits generally don't turn around and go 11-5 including a win over their spirit-breakers on their way to the Super Bowl.Otherwise, keep on truckin'. You are truly the embodiment of what it is to be a Patriots fan.
sometimes that black magic (no offense) takes a year to really set in, but that's why it's an art and not a science.

'TobiasFunke said:
'Kool-Aid Larry said:
:goodposting: You are so right about the patriot fans.The patriots have one good decade and they pretend to own the NFL.Let's see how they do when Brady is gone.

The NFL has not had NE play in Miami for a Sept 1 pm game in over a decade
Yeah it was way back before we were football fans..... way way back in week one....... of 2011...... :rolleyes: . Week 4 of 2010.... Week 3 of 2008.... Week 5 of 2006...
Are you sure? The last time we started fact checking your posts it didn't work out so hot for you.
Please provide proof where it didn't work out so hot for me... :no:
Ahem.....

so, he took over a 3-13 team in cleveland and a few years later had them at 11-5 with a playoff win, then years later, with an entirely different roster, won 11 games with matt cassel at qb?

DAMN that guy sux!!! :lmao: :lmao:
you can believe in peter pan if you want -- I'm not the thought police.they won 11 games in '08, followed by 10 games in '09, but it's all brady.
Pretty favorable schedule in '08. http://www.ihavenet....f-schedule.html Brady could have lead the Patriots to his second undefeated season with that schedule.

so, he took over a 3-13 team in cleveland and a few years later had them at 11-5 with a playoff win, then years later, with an entirely different roster, won 11 games with matt cassel at qb?

Pretty favorable schedule in '08. http://www.ihavenet....f-schedule.html Brady could have lead the Patriots to his second undefeated season with that schedule.
which would be belichick's 2nd 16-0 season?not bad........

Please stop feeding the trolls.
:goodposting: Seriously. Haters have been rehashing the same ignorant comments for years. I can't tell you how many times we read "The Patriots haven't won a thing since spygate". WTF does that even mean? Neither have 28 other NFL teams. However, the Pats were two plays away from winning two more Super Bowls.The same people who say that also say "The Patriots shouldn't even have won that AFCC game last year because the Ravens receiver dropped a sure TD in the end zone". Kind of contradicting statements, huh? Oh, and the receiver didn't "drop" the ball. It was knocked away by Moore, who just happened to do his job better than the receiver.I could go on, but what's the point?

which would be belichick's 2nd 16-0 season?not bad........
My mistake I though you were implying that the 11 wins in '08 was evidence of Belichick's great coaching without Brady. It is pretty clear that the easy schedule benifited all the AFC east teams in '08. Tony Sparano coached the Dolphins to 11 wins. Dolphins were 1-15 the year prior.

'weebs said:
To make your self sound more ######ed. Patriots can't win without cheating. It's obvious now
Of course there never was any proof of cheating, but don't let the facts get in the way of a good hate. The commissioner even said that himself.Ya ever wonder how Belichick can record and break down signals while coaching on the sidelines? I guess you think in the 12 minute halftime break, Belichick spent the entire time looking at, and deciphering 30 minutes of tape, and then made adjustments to win the game.If that's what you think, then there's no doubt he's the greatest coach to ever live, in any sport.And for those who think the Pats cheated against the Rams in 2001, first of all, I was at the first game they played in week 11 or 12 that year. The rams won by 7, but late in the game, Antwain Smith fumbled at the goal line on his way to tying it up. It's not unbelievable that they went on to beat them in the Super Bowl by 3. Pats were favored by 14 against the Giants in 2007 and lost by 3. Second, in 2001, videotaping from the sidelines was not illegal, and every team recorded their games, just like they all still do.Jumping out of this fishing pond now. Enjoy your ignorance though.

Users who are viewing this thread