What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official Philadelphia Phillies Thread*** - Castellanos ****s wit Philly (4 Viewers)

So the Padres actually IBB Rollins to get to Howard? Why not just throw Rollins 4 at the shoetops? He's sure to get his pitching wedge out for one of them.

So the Padres actually IBB Rollins to get to Howard? Why not just throw Rollins 4 at the shoetops? He's sure to get his pitching wedge out for one of them.
Jimmy Popups?! Yea other than the first week he's been terrible. Couldn't believe they walked him, but then again with Howard sttrikining out at every at bat and with that leftys numbers, it wasn't crazy, but still a little weird. Glad to see Ryan make them pay. I said it opening day, IMO he doesn't get much respect.

I think Rollins would be better suited at the bottom of the lineup presently
Rollins is batting .323 (10 for 31) with a .447 on-base percentage over his last seven games. He not only leads the team (by 5) in BBs, but is also currently 10th in the NL in BBs. Yes, Jimmy Rollins.

If the offense stays hot, we might win 110. What I am most pleased with is the bullpen. The backend is great but the middle relief has been excellent so far. I like the way this team is shaping up. Hopefully the hitting hangs in there for the whole season and playoffs.

Hope Chase last the whole season, if it were up to me I would have just let him come back in August. Expecting Raul to go back to dog poo sooner or later, if they could pick up one semi decent bat that would be real nice. Heard Cuddyers name mentioned, right handed bat, can play outfield as well as 1st, 2nd, and 3rd I think, that would provide a nice balance.

The 25m dollar man back in top form. 3-0, 1 er in his last 24 innings for a 0.38 era in his last 3 starts. :thumbup:

Full lineup healthy, 7 in a row, best record in the majors.

AND JC ROMERO IS GONE!!!!!!!! WOO HOO!!!

Things are looking good. Tough series in Seattle this weekend though. Let's hope they keep it rolling.

Kruk and Dutch were on 97.5 yesterday reminiscing about the 93 team, good stuff...

Phillies Wall Of Fame Inductee John Kruk Reunites With Former Teammate Darren Daulton To Reminisce About The 1993 Team

"The guy with Tourette's was the most sane on the team"

Drinking in the trainers room after games until 2am.

Shots of moonshine for a guys first hit, W, S, etc.

Their first meeting in AAA where Dutch called Kruk for setting up out of the box and then him hitting a double.

Etc
Dutch is a blast to listen to because of his stories. Best hour of sports radio in town.

Kruk and Dutch were on 97.5 yesterday reminiscing about the 93 team, good stuff...

Phillies Wall Of Fame Inductee John Kruk Reunites With Former Teammate Darren Daulton To Reminisce About The 1993 Team

"The guy with Tourette's was the most sane on the team"

Drinking in the trainers room after games until 2am.

Shots of moonshine for a guys first hit, W, S, etc.

Their first meeting in AAA where Dutch called Kruk for setting up out of the box and then him hitting a double.

Etc
the end of that interview shows just how they felt about Schilling

It's amazing how this team just rips off winning streaks before you even realize it. Their record starts looking so good and, boom, 7 in a row.

The 25m dollar man back in top form. 3-0, 1 er in his last 24 innings for a 0.38 era in his last 3 starts. :thumbup:
Make that 4-0, back-to-back complete game shutouts, 1 earned run in his last 4 starts for a .030 era, lowering his season era to 2.87.Life is good. :thumbup:

Make that 4-0, back-to-back complete game shutouts, 1 earned run in his last 4 starts for a .030 era, lowering his season era to 2.87.Life is good. :thumbup:
Update to 5-0, back-to-back-to-back complete game shutouts, 1 earned run in his last 5 starts for a 0.21 era, lowering his season era to 2.66.Oh and 32 straight scoreless innings. :thumbup: :thumbup:Roy who?! ;) ;)

Update to 5-0, back-to-back-to-back complete game shutouts, 1 earned run in his last 5 starts for a 0.21 era, lowering his season era to 2.66.Oh and 32 straight scoreless innings. :thumbup: :thumbup:Roy who?! ;) ;)
Roy might be the third best pitcher on this team........... :shock:

So any chance that when the multitude of injured closers come back, that the Phils actually get rid of Danys freakin Baez?

Shout out to the kid pitchers!!!! Worley, Stutes and Bastardo shut down the big bad Sawx. :thumbup:Take the brooms out today!!!! SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP!!!!!!!(although we might not get a hit of Lester :scared: )Big Papi on Worley:

"Did that guy just come up or something? Man, because he looked pretty good to me," Ortiz said of Worley. "He had decent stuff, and it really looks like he's been around for a long time."They've got four big starters here, right? Well, he looked like one of them out there tonight. He really looked comfortable. It's obvious that he's listening to those big starters over there. It's rubbing off on him."

Last edited by a moderator:
So any chance that when the multitude of injured closers come back, that the Phils actually get rid of Danys freakin Baez?
Since JC has been jettisoned, Ben Francisco and his lusty .225 average has moved to the top of my list. But Baez isn't far behind.

Whenever Madson and Lidge are both back, Madson will be closing, right?

The Phillies are straight up ridiculous. The Braves have been one of the hottest teams in baseball over the last month and they can't even make a dent in the lead the Phillies have.

If those two teams end up meeting up in the playoffs at some point, there will be some flat out fantastic pitching duels.

'GroveDiesel said:
The Phillies are straight up ridiculous. The Braves have been one of the hottest teams in baseball over the last month and they can't even make a dent in the lead the Phillies have. If those two teams end up meeting up in the playoffs at some point, there will be some flat out fantastic pitching duels.
Exactly what I was thinking last night. It's silly how both teams are going right now. Braves are 1st in ERA, Phils right behind them at #2. And both offenses are middle of the pack, Phils at 15th runs scored with the Braves at 19. Going to be a whole lot of 1-0 games come playoff time. It's the only NL team I really fear, because of their staff.

Since JC has been jettisoned, Ben Francisco and his lusty .225 average has moved to the top of my list. But Baez isn't far behind.
:sigh:Of course, Herndon and the stupid errors and baserunning miscues didn't help either.
Your boy serving it up on a platter. Game over. It amazes me that they keep trotting him out there, but I guess they're options are limited. Surprised they don't use him out earlier, instead of waiting for a game losing situation. Herndon is also gaining major ground on Baez, he's guaranteed to give up a run every time out. Let's hope Madson and Lidge (gasp) get back soon. But looking forward to a great series this weekend. Should be a good one! Hopefully we can get 3 complete games from the big boys!

Can we just use Stutes and Bastardo whenever we need the bullpen for the rest ofthe season? These kids have been lights out, major props to those two.

And Juan Perez?! 9 pitches, 9 strikes, 3 k's. I know nothing about him, but always good to have another lefty option. He can't be any worse than JC.

Well pitched game as expected, a shame Doc didn't get a decision. But the boys have now won his last 10 starts, he is 7-0.

Another gem on tap tomorrow night, Hanson vs Lee.

:thumbup:

You got yourself a stud-in-the-making in Perez. He looks unhittable.
:confused: He'll be 33 in September and hasn't pitched in the majors since 2007.Hell of a series this weekend. Saw a comment on yahoo lamenting the fact that the Braves couldn't have used Hudson rather than Lowe to get a real Big 3 vs. Big 3. Obviously want the Phillies to take it all, but could make for some epic ball come September/October.

2 years ago today we lost the greatest voice in the history of sport.

RIP Harry...
I certainly miss Harry the K, but for me, the broadcasts were never the same after Whitey passed.The Wheels/T-Mac combo is like salt in the wound.
The Wheeler/McCarthy/Sarge trio is like digging and twisting the knife into the salt. :X McCarthy giggles at everything, Sarge is captain obvious and can't speak properly, and Wheeler is a pompous know-it-all jackass. Can't stand any of them.
:lmao:

T-Macs giggling makes me mental. I actually find Sarge unintentionally amusing. I want to rip the rug right off of Wheels' head and slap him across the face with it for disrespecting Harry and Whitey back in the day.
Man, I'm glad I'm not the only one. I thought I was obsessing over it, it DRIVES ME INSANE. And Wheeler isn't a little bit funny. Sarge has his moments, but like hte giggles, screaming every 6th word gets annoying.
cracks me up

Dom Brown being rumored in a package to San Diego for Heath Bell and Ryan Ludwick.

Thoughts?

I wouldn't be opposed to moving Brown but probably not for that package.

Dom Brown being rumored in a package to San Diego for Heath Bell and Ryan Ludwick.Thoughts?I wouldn't be opposed to moving Brown but probably not for that package.
I think the only way you make that deal is if you think Bell is easier to sign to an extension than Madson.

'JaxBill said:
'4x champ said:
Dom Brown being rumored in a package to San Diego for Heath Bell and Ryan Ludwick.Thoughts?I wouldn't be opposed to moving Brown but probably not for that package.
I think the only way you make that deal is if you think Bell is easier to sign to an extension than Madson.
That's an interesting theory, never thought of that, but having Boras as his agent it might be true. If they do acquire Bell, then they would return Madson to the 8th inning setup I assume. But Bell is making 7.5 this year, and you know he will command top dollar as one of the better closers in the league. It's an interesting idea, but wouldn't make sense to lose Brown if it's only a half year rental. But like you said maybe they sign him long term instead of Madson. Interesting scenario to say the least. But if we're trading Brown I would rather have a better bat than Luddy, and not sure we need Bell. All just a rumor but interesting to talk about. And how about that Mayberry making a case for the RH bat we're looking for?? Just let the kid keep going and let Francisco ride the pine, John has earned a longer look.

don't really like the idea of further mortgaging the future like that. on the other hand, the expectations of this team are soooo big, that they pretty much have to win it all.

Users who are viewing this thread