What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Electronic Cigarettes (2 Viewers)

LOL... I told you guys you could thank me later re: the Ikenvape megas. It's later. ;) From what I can gather, Ikenvape makes the best cartos across the board.

BTW, the warning about using the LR Ikenvape mega 808s comes right from the guy that owns it, Isaac. The newest computers will put out 2 amps on a USB port, but the PT might not take it. It just isn't recommended, even by the supplier. The LR's, not just the Ikenvapes should not be used on 5 volt PV's. They are designed to pack more punch but only for the 3.8 volts PV's like the V4L's and the Bloog. The lower resistance will also drain the batteries faster.

Any >3.8 volt PV supplies more power by upping the voltage. With an 808 type PV, you can't up the voltage, so you lower the resistence for more power (amps) It's Ohm's law. You are taking some risk if you use any LR carto on a pass through.

Last edited by a moderator:
'SteevieG said:
Mine got here today too. I just loaded up one for the wife and she likes it. I'm going to Office Depot to get some of the little colored dots so we can color code ours. I tried hers but she uses 11mg so I got very little TH, but the vapor was impressive.
Liking the Ikenvapes a lot. Flavors are poping out of the V4L RY4 more clearly, and there is a ton more vapor.Great idea on the dots...has anyone found a good way to tote the ikenvapes around yet? they seem to fit pretty snug in an altoids box, but if anyone has found something better let us know.I got my Vapor Renu juice order on Friday (heath bar, butterscotch, watermelon, & swedish fish). I'll reserve judgment until I can get a proper vape in new cartridges, but one thing to note: the candy flavors have overrun my tackle box. The scent has infected all my cartos in a matter of days. Even inside a ziploc bag it is clear that these can't be stored with the rest of my hardware.

Well, it looks like most of us that were going to take the leap have, and have settled into vaping. The thread drops off the front page more often now.

I'm at five weeks tobacco free, along with the other 210'ers. I don't think I will even inhale tobacco ever again. Now, I move onto how and when to start cutting down my nic levels. I'm not looking forward to it, but that was the plan, I don't want to vape forever.

And those Iknevape mega cartos.... just really really good. I am still using 3 that I filled almost 2 weeks ago and they are still crankin like new. I did clean one, and have yet to refill it and check it out. It didn't even need cleaning, but I was curious.

I used the piping hot tap water with turkey baster method of cleaning. Put the carto (rubber cap removed) into a baster, and just plunge it into a cup filled with hot tap water. It looks clean, and I noticed the water go from tinted brown to clean after several injections/ejections.

Hope all is going well with the rest of you as well. I quit smoking. Holy flyin chit, it wasn't possible.

The Ikenvape 2.0 LR mega cartos for the 808 are bangin'. The performance at 2.0ohms on the 3.7V battery is better than the higher resistance Bloog/V4L cartos, the juice capacity is greater, and they cost slightly less than the Bloogs. That's my go to carto from now on.

Of course, now I'm spending the vast majority of my time blasting away on the bottom feeder mod, so cartomizers aren't nearly as important as they once were. Good thing I have 60 of them. I won't need to buy cartos again for a long time. Ordered 2 801 atomizers yesterday, an 801 drip tip, and a 510-801 stealth adapter. Another $30. I'm out of conrtol and now floating around the $800 mark on vaping costs. I've heard the 801s provide the best flavor on a MOD, but with reduced TH. The mod hits so hard, it may not matter. So far, I'm finding 306s hit harder than 510s, which are more smooth, but similar production from both. I need to find my ideal set up.

DIY juice next.

The Ikenvape 2.0 LR mega cartos for the 808 are bangin'. The performance at 2.0ohms on the 3.7V battery is better than the higher resistance Bloog/V4L cartos, the juice capacity is greater, and they cost slightly less than the Bloogs. That's my go to carto from now on.Of course, now I'm spending the vast majority of my time blasting away on the bottom feeder mod, so cartomizers aren't nearly as important as they once were. Good thing I have 60 of them. I won't need to buy cartos again for a long time. Ordered 2 801 atomizers yesterday, an 801 drip tip, and a 510-801 stealth adapter. Another $30. I'm out of conrtol and now floating around the $800 mark on vaping costs. I've heard the 801s provide the best flavor on a MOD, but with reduced TH. The mod hits so hard, it may not matter. So far, I'm finding 306s hit harder than 510s, which are more smooth, but similar production from both. I need to find my ideal set up.DIY juice next.
:thanks: Keep us posted! Looking to get an REO Grand myself from the next batch. :thumbup:

Wow, I too like the ikenvapes. Filled one with AV choco mint and a 2nd with AV Irish Cream. Is it possible to overfill these? I probably only put 1/3 of the 6 ml Irish Cream sample and its sort of like pulling pop through a straw that has a hole in it. I can feel the air struggling through liquid but not getting anything in my mouth or anything. Just a more fluid like crackle than I was used to with the V4L carts. The Irish cream liquid was noticeably thicker than the choco mint pouring when filling the cart.
I've gotten that fluid "gurgle" myself but I usually get some juice on my lips or mouth (not delicious). I've thrown away a couple that I overfilled. It does sound like you overfilled it.

The Ikenvape 2.0 LR mega cartos for the 808 are bangin'. The performance at 2.0ohms on the 3.7V battery is better than the higher resistance Bloog/V4L cartos, the juice capacity is greater, and they cost slightly less than the Bloogs. That's my go to carto from now on.

Of course, now I'm spending the vast majority of my time blasting away on the bottom feeder mod, so cartomizers aren't nearly as important as they once were. Good thing I have 60 of them. I won't need to buy cartos again for a long time. Ordered 2 801 atomizers yesterday, an 801 drip tip, and a 510-801 stealth adapter. Another $30. I'm out of conrtol and now floating around the $800 mark on vaping costs. I've heard the 801s provide the best flavor on a MOD, but with reduced TH. The mod hits so hard, it may not matter. So far, I'm finding 306s hit harder than 510s, which are more smooth, but similar production from both. I need to find my ideal set up.

DIY juice next.
Are you talking about these? I don't seen "2.0" there.LR Mega

The Ikenvape 2.0 LR mega cartos for the 808 are bangin'. The performance at 2.0ohms on the 3.7V battery is better than the higher resistance Bloog/V4L cartos, the juice capacity is greater, and they cost slightly less than the Bloogs. That's my go to carto from now on.Of course, now I'm spending the vast majority of my time blasting away on the bottom feeder mod, so cartomizers aren't nearly as important as they once were. Good thing I have 60 of them. I won't need to buy cartos again for a long time. Ordered 2 801 atomizers yesterday, an 801 drip tip, and a 510-801 stealth adapter. Another $30. I'm out of conrtol and now floating around the $800 mark on vaping costs. I've heard the 801s provide the best flavor on a MOD, but with reduced TH. The mod hits so hard, it may not matter. So far, I'm finding 306s hit harder than 510s, which are more smooth, but similar production from both. I need to find my ideal set up.DIY juice next.
:thanks: Keep us posted! Looking to get an REO Grand myself from the next batch. :thumbup:
You'll probably get yours right after I get mine. :boxing:

Ha! We'll have to see about that! Hopefully at least one of us will be lucky enough to land one.I was looking over what I'll need in addition to the REO and there seems to be a wide variety of opinions. I've only used the V4L XL & carto combo so this opens up a whole new world for me. I don't have a ton of money to invest in more hardware but this mod sounds just like what I want from my vaping experience.Bare minimum, looks like I'll be spending close to $200 to get up and running with the REO Grand.So far my list is as follows (all from avidvaper.com to hopefully save on shipping costs vs using multiple vendors):(1) LR510 Low Resistance Atomizer 2.0 ohm (Cisco Spec) $8.99(1) Stealth Adapter (Style: 510 To 801) $7.99(2) IMR18650 3.7v High Drain Li-MN Batteries $15.99(1) Single Cell Lithium 3.7v Multi Charger $9.99(1) Contoured 510|901|KR808 Delrin® Drip Tip $4.49For a grand total of $63.44 (no tax/shipping)Does this list look like a good starting place to those of you who are familiar with the REO's, or even the hardware mentioned? :loco:

If you want one, you have to act fast. Whatever date he lists as having more available, log onto reosmods.com about 6:50 EDT on that date and refresh the page every 5 minutes or so. As soon as one or more colors go from "out of stock" to "available", pounce. That's how I got mine and people logging on later that night were already shut out. The thing is awesome, hits like a champ, the feeder system is perfect, fires every time, built like a ###### tank.

DIY juice next.
Are you talking about these? I don't seen "2.0" there.LR Mega
Yes, those are the ones. They're 2.0s, I did the research (although of course, with all cartos, it's never 100% exact - 1 box could give you 2 1.8s a 2.0 and 2 2.2s.)

Ha! We'll have to see about that! Hopefully at least one of us will be lucky enough to land one.I was looking over what I'll need in addition to the REO and there seems to be a wide variety of opinions. I've only used the V4L XL & carto combo so this opens up a whole new world for me. I don't have a ton of money to invest in more hardware but this mod sounds just like what I want from my vaping experience.Bare minimum, looks like I'll be spending close to $200 to get up and running with the REO Grand.So far my list is as follows (all from avidvaper.com to hopefully save on shipping costs vs using multiple vendors):(1) LR510 Low Resistance Atomizer 2.0 ohm (Cisco Spec) $8.99(1) Stealth Adapter (Style: 510 To 801) $7.99(2) IMR18650 3.7v High Drain Li-MN Batteries $15.99(1) Single Cell Lithium 3.7v Multi Charger $9.99(1) Contoured 510|901|KR808 Delrin® Drip Tip $4.49For a grand total of $63.44 (no tax/shipping)Does this list look like a good starting place to those of you who are familiar with the REO's, or even the hardware mentioned? :loco:
Why do you need a 510 to 801 adapter? Do you mean 510 to 808? I bought the 510 to 901/808 adapter for $4-5 to use my cartos on it. I'd also recommend a second battery. You can buy the AW IMR HD 18650s at supertmanufacturing for $10.49 a pop, BTW. I think shipping was $1-2.

Why do you need a 510 to 801 adapter? Do you mean 510 to 808? I bought the 510 to 901/808 adapter for $4-5 to use my cartos on it. I'd also recommend a second battery. You can buy the AW IMR HD 18650s at supertmanufacturing for $10.49 a pop, BTW. I think shipping was $1-2.
Great question! I'm really not sure what I need and that's the reason for my post. All this atty/adapter talk has my head spinning...Just reading a bunch of posts over at e-cig and came across one about how using carto's on the REO's has been a very pleasant experience for some. Wonder if that option would be the way to go to get started on the cheap. I've been wanting to get some of those Ikenvape megas to try with my XLs anyway. They'll work on the REO's with an adapter right?

Great question! I'm really not sure what I need and that's the reason for my post. All this atty/adapter talk has my head spinning...Just reading a bunch of posts over at e-cig and came across one about how using carto's on the REO's has been a very pleasant experience for some. Wonder if that option would be the way to go to get started on the cheap.
Yes, then do NOT get the 510 to 801 adapter. That's what I just ordered because I bought some 801 attys and a drip tip. If you want to make your REO work with your cartomizers for your 808s, you need the 510 to 901/KR808 adapter. With just that adapter, you can use 510 or 306 atomizers or your 808 cartos. Those are the three I've been using, but I recently talked to Rob (REO) and he told me he prefers an 801 atty on the Grand because, while it sacrifices throat hit, it improves flavor. I don't need any additional TH with this thing, so I'm willing to trade a bit for even better flavor, so I want to try the 801 and see how it compares to the 510s and 306s.What kind of cartomizers do you have? Bear in mind that using a carto that isn't LR is going to give you pretty similar (a little better, I've found) production to the Bloog/V4L 3.7V batteries. People like the convenience of using a carto (can fill by squeezing rather than dripping/condom filling) and they're cheap, so it's easy to swap flavors without having to clean atomizers. The atomizers are going to give you the best performance, though - it's dripping without dripping. Flavor/TH/vapor production is always going to be a little better with an atty. I just noticed you did have 2 batteries listed up there- good call. Get exactly what you said you were going to get, only swap out the 510 to 801 adapter for the 510 to 901/KR808 and maybe get a 306 atomizer and drip tip too. Then, you can see which atty you prefer, or whether you just prefer to use cartos.

Great question! I'm really not sure what I need and that's the reason for my post. All this atty/adapter talk has my head spinning...Just reading a bunch of posts over at e-cig and came across one about how using carto's on the REO's has been a very pleasant experience for some. Wonder if that option would be the way to go to get started on the cheap.
Yes, then do NOT get the 510 to 801 adapter. That's what I just ordered because I bought some 801 attys and a drip tip. If you want to make your REO work with your cartomizers for your 808s, you need the 510 to 901/KR808 adapter. With just that adapter, you can use 510 or 306 atomizers or your 808 cartos. Those are the three I've been using, but I recently talked to Rob (REO) and he told me he prefers an 801 atty on the Grand because, while it sacrifices throat hit, it improves flavor. I don't need any additional TH with this thing, so I'm willing to trade a bit for even better flavor, so I want to try the 801 and see how it compares to the 510s and 306s.What kind of cartomizers do you have? Bear in mind that using a carto that isn't LR is going to give you pretty similar (a little better, I've found) production to the Bloog/V4L 3.7V batteries. People like the convenience of using a carto (can fill by squeezing rather than dripping/condom filling) and they're cheap, so it's easy to swap flavors without having to clean atomizers. The atomizers are going to give you the best performance, though - it's dripping without dripping. Flavor/TH/vapor production is always going to be a little better with an atty. I just noticed you did have 2 batteries listed up there- good call. Get exactly what you said you were going to get, only swap out the 510 to 801 adapter for the 510 to 901/KR808 and maybe get a 306 atomizer and drip tip too. Then, you can see which atty you prefer, or whether you just prefer to use cartos.
All the cartos I currently have are from V4L and were pre-filled. Really want to try the Ikenvape megas though.Thanks Evilgrin, appreciate the help! :thumbup:

No need to toss a carto if you overfilled it. Just remove the rubber cap and blow through the battery end repeatedly, the excess juice will come out. Once you don't see any more juice coming out, blow through the rubber cap end too. Wipe off any juice that comes out on the battery end. I even do this on the prefilled cartos I break out. They can occassionally be over filled too.

If I hear a little gurgling, I just don't take big vapes until I burn some juice out of the carto.

EG, you are a vaping madman! I've spent about 450-500 so far. That puts me at about 500-550 in the black vs. if I were still smoking. Now I'm saving $200 a week. Every week. I'm not buying anything else for some time. In a couple of months I will likely by one more Buzz when it comes out with the thumbwheel, and then some IK cartos. I think I'm set for everything for the next 2 months.

I have a job interview next Wednesday. Nice, I don't have to worry about smelling of tobacco.

I think I've got everything I need for vaping for at least the next 9-12 months. I went a little overkill. :)

3 V4L batteries

1 V4L pass thru

40 IKV Mega Cartos

10 V4L Cool Cart blanks

8 oz unflavored 100mg nic

20 assorted Loranns flavors

8 oz PG

4 oz VG

7 4 oz doublers from TV (AC/Cherry Cola/Caramel Popcorn/Rootbeer float/Waffles/Tastyfinger/Bananas Foster)

Total cost $450ish

Compared to 20 packs a month at $10 a pack. $1800-2400

Now the challenge will be not buying new flavors/juices every week. :D
Let us know how those flavors are, especially the Popcorn and Tastyfinger.
Got the Tastyvapor stuff in today. Only ones I feel comfortable recommending right now are Waffle, Atomic Cinnacide and Caramel Popcorn. All have excellent flavor. They are exactly what they say they are. I've mixed them up to 20mg and all have a strong TH. Especially the atomic cinnacide! I vaped it at 0 mg out of the doubler while mixing everything up and it has a killer throat hit at ZERO! Love it!

The rest of them are very questionable right now (Off flavor/chemical aftertaste) but I've read that some need to steep for 2-3 weeks before you get the proper flavor from them. I have them in a shoe box in the closet and will re visit them in a week or so.

No need to toss a carto if you overfilled it. Just remove the rubber cap and blow through the battery end repeatedly, the excess juice will come out. Once you don't see any more juice coming out, blow through the rubber cap end too. Wipe off any juice that comes out on the battery end. I even do this on the prefilled cartos I break out. They can occassionally be over filled too. If I hear a little gurgling, I just don't take big vapes until I burn some juice out of the carto.
Yeah, I just vaped right through the gurgle and it went away after 20 minutes or so.

I'm going to have to figure out how to start making some juice. I just ordered a gallon of VG. P&G is giving away free samples. Check it out at ECF.

'Gadabout said:
'Athletic Supporter said:
'Evilgrin 72 said:
Just saw the expected availability was pushed out another week :(
Mini reos 4/5/11 estamationGrands 3/26/11 estimateWoodvils 3/19/11

'Gadabout said:
'Evilgrin 72 said:
The woodvils look pretty sweet, and classy. I was thinking about getting a grande, but now I might just get wood instead. Hopefully theyre just as good. I'm going to have to see some more reviews of the woodvils when I have time.

No need to toss a carto if you overfilled it. Just remove the rubber cap and blow through the battery end repeatedly, the excess juice will come out. Once you don't see any more juice coming out, blow through the rubber cap end too. Wipe off any juice that comes out on the battery end. I even do this on the prefilled cartos I break out. They can occassionally be over filled too. If I hear a little gurgling, I just don't take big vapes until I burn some juice out of the carto. EG, you are a vaping madman! I've spent about 450-500 so far. That puts me at about 500-550 in the black vs. if I were still smoking. Now I'm saving $200 a week. Every week. I'm not buying anything else for some time. In a couple of months I will likely by one more Buzz when it comes out with the thumbwheel, and then some IK cartos. I think I'm set for everything for the next 2 months. I have a job interview next Wednesday. Nice, I don't have to worry about smelling of tobacco.
I'm about $600 in the red, but should even out in about... oh.... 4-5 months. :lol:

'Gadabout said:
'Evilgrin 72 said:
The woodvils look pretty sweet, and classy. I was thinking about getting a grande, but now I might just get wood instead. Hopefully theyre just as good. I'm going to have to see some more reviews of the woodvils when I have time.
Supposedly, they work about the same, I just got the Grand because I get plastered a lot and while the Woodvil can break if dropped (it's wood, after all), the Grand is machined out of aluminum and is basically indestructible.

No need to toss a carto if you overfilled it. Just remove the rubber cap and blow through the battery end repeatedly, the excess juice will come out. Once you don't see any more juice coming out, blow through the rubber cap end too. Wipe off any juice that comes out on the battery end. I even do this on the prefilled cartos I break out. They can occassionally be over filled too.

If I hear a little gurgling, I just don't take big vapes until I burn some juice out of the carto.
Yeah, I just vaped right through the gurgle and it went away after 20 minutes or so.
Did you ever think you'd type this sentence in your life? ;)

I never even could have imagined it'd make sense, let alone actually writing it.

'Gadabout said:
'Evilgrin 72 said:
Hot dammit! :rant:

:lmao:

LOL... I told you guys you could thank me later re: the Ikenvape megas. It's later. ;) From what I can gather, Ikenvape makes the best cartos across the board. BTW, the warning about using the LR Ikenvape mega 808s comes right from the guy that owns it, Isaac. The newest computers will put out 2 amps on a USB port, but the PT might not take it. It just isn't recommended, even by the supplier. The LR's, not just the Ikenvapes should not be used on 5 volt PV's. They are designed to pack more punch but only for the 3.8 volts PV's like the V4L's and the Bloog. The lower resistance will also drain the batteries faster. Any >3.8 volt PV supplies more power by upping the voltage. With an 808 type PV, you can't up the voltage, so you lower the resistence for more power (amps) It's Ohm's law. You are taking some risk if you use any LR carto on a pass through.
I'm completely ignorant when it comes to amps, ohms and such. Please bear with me.So the IKV MEGA LR KR808 Cartomizer (which is recommended for 3.4-4.2V) can be used on V4L Vapor King XL batteries but should not be used on the pass throughs. Got it!What about the IKV MEGA KR-808 Cartomizers (which are recommended for 3.4-5V)? Can they be used on the pass throughs? If so, other than being larger than V4L's cartos (holding more juice), is there any other advantage?I want to try the IKV MEGA LR KR808 cartos, and thought I'd get a couple non-LR's at the same time to try on the PT. Also, what style of drip tip should I be looking for to fit these? 801 or 510/901?

What about the IKV MEGA KR-808 Cartomizers (which are recommended for 3.4-5V)? Can they be used on the pass throughs? If so, other than being larger than V4L's cartos (holding more juice), is there any other advantage?
I believe so. I just bought a Buzz (charging batteries now!) and those are the ones that have been recommended. The reviews say they hit really well, in addition to holding a lot more. I ordered some LRs before realizing it, but I'll just use them on my V4L XLs or give a few to my brother for his. I have the Ikenvape page bookmarked (as I'm sure many do) waiting for some Qty!I was late to the show, so I'm a 220er and only slipped up one night when I was the drunkest I've been in years...still only had about 3 analogs though. I'm sure several ecig companies have seen a jump in revenue since this thread started!

LOL... I told you guys you could thank me later re: the Ikenvape megas. It's later. ;) From what I can gather, Ikenvape makes the best cartos across the board. BTW, the warning about using the LR Ikenvape mega 808s comes right from the guy that owns it, Isaac. The newest computers will put out 2 amps on a USB port, but the PT might not take it. It just isn't recommended, even by the supplier. The LR's, not just the Ikenvapes should not be used on 5 volt PV's. They are designed to pack more punch but only for the 3.8 volts PV's like the V4L's and the Bloog. The lower resistance will also drain the batteries faster. Any >3.8 volt PV supplies more power by upping the voltage. With an 808 type PV, you can't up the voltage, so you lower the resistence for more power (amps) It's Ohm's law. You are taking some risk if you use any LR carto on a pass through.
I'm completely ignorant when it comes to amps, ohms and such. Please bear with me.So the IKV MEGA LR KR808 Cartomizer (which is recommended for 3.4-4.2V) can be used on V4L Vapor King XL batteries but should not be used on the pass throughs. Got it!What about the IKV MEGA KR-808 Cartomizers (which are recommended for 3.4-5V)? Can they be used on the pass throughs? If so, other than being larger than V4L's cartos (holding more juice), is there any other advantage?I want to try the IKV MEGA LR KR808 cartos, and thought I'd get a couple non-LR's at the same time to try on the PT. Also, what style of drip tip should I be looking for to fit these? 801 or 510/901?
You have it right, LR's on the batteries, the 3.4 to 5V ones on the pass through. Batteries run from 4.1 when fully charged and drop from there as you vape. The pass through always runs at 5 volts. They also vape better, so it's more than just the extra juice capacity. I don't use any drip- tips, can't help you there. So Guinis... try it yet? It should be ready to go, they arrive with a partial charge.

You have it right, LR's on the batteries, the 3.4 to 5V ones on the pass through. Batteries run from 4.1 when fully charged and drop from there as you vape. The pass through always runs at 5 volts. They also vape better, so it's more than just the extra juice capacity. I don't use any drip- tips, can't help you there. So Guinis... try it yet? It should be ready to go, they arrive with a partial charge.
Woah, I might have purchased the wrong Ikenvapes. My receiept says I got "IKV MEGA KR-808 Cartomizer"... are those different from the ones you can't use on pass through? I like them, but were the LR's better?

What is the voltage rating on them? They aren't marked, so you have to know what you ordered. If you aren't sure, ask Isaac at Ikenvape.

You can use the regular Ikenvape on the 808 batteries OR PT. You should not use the LR or lower voltage one on the PT. This is freakin simple guys.

What about the IKV MEGA KR-808 Cartomizers (which are recommended for 3.4-5V)? Can they be used on the pass throughs? If so, other than being larger than V4L's cartos (holding more juice), is there any other advantage?
They can be used on the pass throughs. They definitely vape better than the V4L cartos (the only other type I have used). I notice MUCH more vapor and more vibrant flavors.

Went out for St. Patty's and left my spare battery, a bunch of cartos, and my charging pcc somewhere. :rant:
That sucks! Sorry to hear it, but if you haven't already, I'ld try calling the establishment where you think it may have gotten left behind.Unlike a pack of analogs or a lighter, the staff might set these things aside (just as they would a cell phone) instead of just throwing them away.

So Guinis... try it yet? It should be ready to go, they arrive with a partial charge.
I ordered 2 sets of batteries and let the first set charge overnight, since all the batteries were wrapped up. This morning, on my way to work, I actually preferred the Buzz over the V4L PT in my car! This is my first manual unit, so that may also have something to do with it, but I can actually hit it like I would a normal cig....inhaling with my mouth first rather than a big bong-hit type long direct inhale (or so I've heard, lol). The hits feel bigger, more compact, tastier, and feel less airy.Rovers, your link on p8-9 of this thread where you were getting Buzz advice from notcigs.com was invaluable in my ecig education. It provided a ton of good info and cleared up a lot of things I was confused about, so thanks for posting that! I ordered black, but they called me since they were out of stock and I went with a blue 808. I was concerned that your Cool Carts weren't working without a 808/901 adapter, and the WOW carts worked but got too hot, but my Cool Carts seem to work pretty well on it. I wonder if they made some adjustments?Great info and recommendations!! Now if I can just get some of those IKV MEGA KR 808's I'll be set!

I just did all my preparation for my REO. I'm going to wait for the Grande.

2 redilast 18650 2900 batts

Battery charger

2 510 LR atomizers 2 ohm

510-808 adapter

Drip tip

When it comes to amps, ohms, and such, it's very easy. Just remember this :Voltage (measured in volts, from the battery) / resistance (measured in ohms, from the carto/atty) = current. The current number, measured in amps, is what's going to dictate much of the "power" of your vape. Just take the voltage of the battery and divide it by the resistance of the cartomizer/atomizer. That's it. Ideally, you want to fall in the 1.5-1.9 range when you process that equation (this is my personal opinion so take it with a grain of salt.) Anything below 1.5 (rounded off) is going to be a bit too weak, IMO and anything well above 1.9 you're running the risk of particularly harsh and/or burnt tasting vapor.You really don't NEED a drip tip on your cartos, you don't use one now when you vape off of them, right? The drip tip is really for dripping down directly on to the atomizer, which you don't do with cartos, and/or providing some distance between the atomizer and your lips so you don't burn yourself. If you do want one, though, get any drip tip that works with a 901 atomizer (the vast majority will be listed as a 510/901 drip tip.) Not an 801, 801s are a totally different size.

I just did all my preparation for my REO. I'm going to wait for the Grande.2 redilast 18650 2900 battsBattery charger2 510 LR atomizers 2 ohm510-808 adapterDrip tip
Good plan. Two things I'll tell you that you can disregard if you want, but just from my own personal experience.AW IMR high drain 18650 batteries tend to give a more consistent power throughout the battery life than my 2900 mAh Ultrafire. You can find the AW IMRs for $10.50 a pop online, so don't pay more. The higher mAh batteries give you a longer life, but I find it to be unnecessary - I get an entire day out of a high drain anyway. What I've found with the high drains is that they hit the same from beginning to near the end, then drop off precipitously, making it obvious it's time to charge. The protected 18650 is a more gradual drop-off, so either you have to charge it every day anyway (defeating the purpose of longer life) or you're vaping less robustly over the course of the battery life. Not a huge deal either way, though.Also, you may want to consider some 306 atomizers and a 306 drip tip as well. I got both 306 and 510 because both were recommended, although most seemed to prefer the 510 as the best all-around atomizer. Thus far, though, I prefer the 306. Better flavor, and better hits, IMO. Now I'm going to try 801s and see how they compare, but as of right now, I'm using the 306s 80% of the time. You get more "sizzling" and "gurgling" with the 306 and CLOUDS of vapor. It almost sounds like you're taking a tiny bong hit. The 510 is smoother and quieter, and hits well, I just don't get quite the punch that the 306 provides. The 306 is a bit of a juice guzzler, though, but it's worth it IMO.

I just did all my preparation for my REO. I'm going to wait for the Grande.2 redilast 18650 2900 battsBattery charger2 510 LR atomizers 2 ohm510-808 adapterDrip tip
Good plan. Two things I'll tell you that you can disregard if you want, but just from my own personal experience.AW IMR high drain 18650 batteries tend to give a more consistent power throughout the battery life than my 2900 mAh Ultrafire. You can find the AW IMRs for $10.50 a pop online, so don't pay more. The higher mAh batteries give you a longer life, but I find it to be unnecessary - I get an entire day out of a high drain anyway. What I've found with the high drains is that they hit the same from beginning to near the end, then drop off precipitously, making it obvious it's time to charge. The protected 18650 is a more gradual drop-off, so either you have to charge it every day anyway (defeating the purpose of longer life) or you're vaping less robustly over the course of the battery life. Not a huge deal either way, though.Also, you may want to consider some 306 atomizers and a 306 drip tip as well. I got both 306 and 510 because both were recommended, although most seemed to prefer the 510 as the best all-around atomizer. Thus far, though, I prefer the 306. Better flavor, and better hits, IMO. Now I'm going to try 801s and see how they compare, but as of right now, I'm using the 306s 80% of the time. You get more "sizzling" and "gurgling" with the 306 and CLOUDS of vapor. It almost sounds like you're taking a tiny bong hit. The 510 is smoother and quieter, and hits well, I just don't get quite the punch that the 306 provides. The 306 is a bit of a juice guzzler, though, but it's worth it IMO.
I'll probably get some high drain batteries and some 306s. I want to try everythin out and see what I like best.It's feels like forever I've been waiting for Bloog to restock. They finally do and instead I'm waiting for REO to restock.

So I'm trying to vape with one of my new Ikenvape LR cartos on a fully charged V4L XL manual and it's just not working. The light at the tip goes out after about a second and the hit stops. Then it starts up again and stops.

The best way to explain it is it's like a car where the timing is totally off and it's about to stall.

Any ideas? It's the first Ikenvape I've used - my wife has been using one with no trouble as far as I know.

I MAY have grabbed one of my bad batteries this morning. My wife got the 3 bad ones I need to send back to V4L mixed up with the 4 good ones last night, so that's a definite possibility, but the battery seems to work just fine with Wow and Cool Carts I have here at my desk.

Went out for St. Patty's and left my spare battery, a bunch of cartos, and my charging pcc somewhere. :rant:
That sucks! Sorry to hear it, but if you haven't already, I'ld try calling the establishment where you think it may have gotten left behind.Unlike a pack of analogs or a lighter, the staff might set these things aside (just as they would a cell phone) instead of just throwing them away.
Not at the bar...waiting to hear back from the owner of the house we ended the night at.

So I'm trying to vape with one of my new Ikenvape LR cartos on a fully charged V4L XL manual and it's just not working. The light at the tip goes out after about a second and the hit stops. Then it starts up again and stops.The best way to explain it is it's like a car where the timing is totally off and it's about to stall.Any ideas? It's the first Ikenvape I've used - my wife has been using one with no trouble as far as I know. I MAY have grabbed one of my bad batteries this morning. My wife got the 3 bad ones I need to send back to V4L mixed up with the 4 good ones last night, so that's a definite possibility, but the battery seems to work just fine with Wow and Cool Carts I have here at my desk.
Sounds like a battery that needs to be recharged. Your XL battery will start off around 4.1 volts with a full charge. As you vape, the charge isn't as strong, and the voltage begins to drop. The higher the load, the more the voltage will drop. An LR carto will be a heavier load than a standard carto. The battery will be drained faster on an LR carto. The voltage will also drop more, because the load is heavier. With a newly charged KR808, it's 4.1V/3 Ohms with a standard carto. That's 1.36 amps. With a LR, it's 4.1V/2 Ohms. 2 Amps. More ampeage, better vape, faster batt drain. Then the batt voltage begins to drop. That is why mods like the Buzz are so good, there is a voltage regulating circuit that keeps the voltage at a constant preset level, and will operate at that level until the battery is completely drained. No fall off in amps (vaping performance)Geoff, glad you like the Buzz. It does vape better than a PT. It wasn't that the Cool Carts weren't usable, I just prefer a cooler vape. Which connector did you get? I prefer ther draw with an 901 to 808 adapter , and my Buzz has an 808 native connector on it. The adaprt is small, and I like the idea it saves some wear and tear on the native connector... great if you like it without. Now, a PT runs at 5 volts. Put a LR cartos or atty on that, you are right at 2.5 amps, and right on the borderline of blowing up your USB port, and only even the newest comps are rated for 2 amps on USB ports.

Geoff, glad you like the Buzz. It does vape better than a PT. It wasn't that the Cool Carts weren't usable, I just prefer a cooler vape. Which connector did you get? I prefer ther draw with an 901 to 808 adapter , and my Buzz has an 808 native connector on it. The adaprt is small, and I like the idea it saves some wear and tear on the native connector... great if you like it without.
I went with an 808 connector as well. You haven't steered me wrong yet, so I'll give the 901/808 adapter a try! :yes: I also plan on making my first AV juice order this weekend, I have to try the Boba's Bounty.....crazy hype! I think someone mentioned BB's Blueberry as really tasty too.

Geoff, glad you like the Buzz. It does vape better than a PT. It wasn't that the Cool Carts weren't usable, I just prefer a cooler vape. Which connector did you get? I prefer ther draw with an 901 to 808 adapter , and my Buzz has an 808 native connector on it. The adaprt is small, and I like the idea it saves some wear and tear on the native connector... great if you like it without.
I went with an 808 connector as well. You haven't steered me wrong yet, so I'll give the 901/808 adapter a try! :yes: I also plan on making my first AV juice order this weekend, I have to try the Boba's Bounty.....crazy hype! I think someone mentioned BB's Blueberry as really tasty too.
Good Prophets carries these adapters for 99 cents, but you have to catch them when they have them in stock. I bought 3, should have gotten more. If I run into a carto that doesn't want to screw all the way on, I force one of these adapters into the threads, opens them right up, but I actually had to use two small wrenches to do this twice, but nothing got damaged. Better than trying to force them onto your PV, that's for sure. I also got 3 blunt tip syringes from GP. they have great prices. Shipping is cheap to at 3 bucks, but I should have stocked up more to defray future shipping costs. I found the draw on the Buzz a little tight without the adapter.

Well, I gotta tell ya... The batteries are all charged and this damn carto isn't working. The wife is having problems too, but she didn't tell me. I'm thinking I'm gonna have to shell out the 200 bones for 2 Buzzes. I'm not real happy about that, but if it keeps us going then it will be worth it.

But, I'm not thrilled with the Ikenvapes right now. That may change, however.

Good Prophets carries these adapters for 99 cents, but you have to catch them when they have them in stock. I bought 3, should have gotten more. If I run into a carto that doesn't want to screw all the way on, I force one of these adapters into the threads, opens them right up, but I actually had to use two small wrenches to do this twice, but nothing got damaged. Better than trying to force them onto your PV, that's for sure. I also got 3 blunt tip syringes from GP. they have great prices. Shipping is cheap to at 3 bucks, but I should have stocked up more to defray future shipping costs. I found the draw on the Buzz a little tight without the adapter.
Cool, thanks. They have 547 in stock @ 0.99 so I picked up 5 and a few syringes. :thumbup:

Well, I gotta tell ya... The batteries are all charged and this damn carto isn't working. The wife is having problems too, but she didn't tell me. I'm thinking I'm gonna have to shell out the 200 bones for 2 Buzzes. I'm not real happy about that, but if it keeps us going then it will be worth it.

But, I'm not thrilled with the Ikenvapes right now. That may change, however.
It isn't the cartos that are the problem, the V4L batts just don't have the power to vape LR cartos. They choke on trying to put out 2 amps. Not the cartos fault. If you get the Buzz, you can still use the LR cartos, but turn the voltage way down. Like to 3.5 volts. The Buzz won't collapse under a load like the V4L's will. I also think you may have V4L's that are weak to begin with. I'd open a ticket on this with V4L. See what they say. I only use my Buzz, Infinity and PT's anymore. Life is simpler, fewer recharges, better vaping. My Buzz and one full mega carto and I'm good for 6 hours of vaping easy.

Users who are viewing this thread