Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Electronic Cigarettes

Glumpy, having started with V4L PV's, I never wanted to get into dripping. I went in another direction, the Notcigs Buzz variable voltgae PV, and Ikenvape mega 808 cartridges. Of course, dripping with the Notcigs Buzz works great for people who like to drip as well. I'll be buying a second Buzz soon. I love it. The new one will vape heavilly for 16 hours! One the same battery charge. A new thumbweel voltage adjustment will be on the new one as well. The VV (variable voltage) hits like a ton of bricks, and interestingly enough, some juices like a different voltage setting for finding the sweet spot. With the Buzz and an Ikenvape high voltage mega 808 cart, I can go out to a pub, swill some brews for hours, and never have to do anything but take a vape when I want it, and I vape heavilly at 36mg's and being an ex 3 packs a day smoker. So, my personal recommendation is the Notcigs Buzz. But, I'm not sorry I started with the V4L stuff either. I'll be giving it to my nephew's wife shortly. Good luck... today is my 7 week anniversary.

Your smoking history is virtually identical to mine--other than the fact that I managed to drop down to about 1-1/2 packs some years ago, and also started going with lights or ultras--so I was hoping you'd weigh in here! 7 Weeks!! That's Awesome!! :thumbup: When you say you're not into dripping--does that mean you always get filled carts? I'm wanting to refill both for variety choices and for cost savings from what I think I'm seeing. Cost is good part of my interest along with health and (most of all) a nonsmoking wife, but I'm getting my cigs for under $3/pack down here so the bar is set pretty low. As for "dripping", vs condoms vs tanks vs .... my impression is that it's a lot messier to deal with--true? I'm looking for easy if possible.

If I had it to do over, and the size/shape/appearance of the PV is/was a non issue, I'd skip the 808s (Bloog/V4L) altogether and either get a blaster VV mod like the Buzz or Infinity or a box mod like the REO Grand. Both cost more, but they give you the luxury of using atomizers or cartomizers, dripping or not, huge battery life, added power to more closely resemble the experience of smoking, etc. The 808s are a great introduction into the world of vaping, but ultimately, most want something more (unless you're using vaping simply as a bridge from smoking to not inhaling anything but air) and the 808s end up being an investment of several hundred bucks rendered moot and unnecessary by the mod.

I'm thinking size and shape is an issue for me, since the rituals around smoking have been a huge part of my life for so long. Heck--my entire Sunday morning is built around a pack or more of cigarets--up at an ungodly hour and to the 7/11 with other old farts over coffee, pick up the news rag and settle in the mancave for a few hours until the rest of my world wakes up for a bodacious breakfast. Actually every morning I'm up by 04:00 to enjoy some smokes before the world interrupts the reverie. The goal for me is for vaping to be a bridge to nothing--I've tried everything else over the years. Realistically I understand that I may never get off that bridge, but I see where this is becoming very much a fad for some people and I don't expect to get into this kind of smoke, that kind of way! You and Rovers both mentioned the Buzz--I'll definitely check it out. I was hoping to hear some of the endgames after 28 pages that I might be able to apply it right off the bat. I'm being yanked right now though so will have to wait a few hours to look it up. *sigh*Thanks All! :coffee:
  • Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Based on the people who have posted in the 67 pages of this thread, the vast majority of people who switch to vapes do NOT continue to smoke cigarettes. Maybe FBGs are significantly different tha

Wow, coming up on 9 years since I switched. Haven't had a real cigarette the whole time.   Vaping has been in the news a lot recently, with a slew of people getting sick. A few places actual

Been ecig free for like a month now. Finally found some 0mg that I liked after I didn't get one of my Boba's shipments fast enough and had to hit the local vape shop. After about a month of that, I wa

Glumpy, having started with V4L PV's, I never wanted to get into dripping. I went in another direction, the Notcigs Buzz variable voltgae PV, and Ikenvape mega 808 cartridges. Of course, dripping with the Notcigs Buzz works great for people who like to drip as well. I'll be buying a second Buzz soon. I love it. The new one will vape heavilly for 16 hours! One the same battery charge. A new thumbweel voltage adjustment will be on the new one as well. The VV (variable voltage) hits like a ton of bricks, and interestingly enough, some juices like a different voltage setting for finding the sweet spot. With the Buzz and an Ikenvape high voltage mega 808 cart, I can go out to a pub, swill some brews for hours, and never have to do anything but take a vape when I want it, and I vape heavilly at 36mg's and being an ex 3 packs a day smoker. So, my personal recommendation is the Notcigs Buzz. But, I'm not sorry I started with the V4L stuff either. I'll be giving it to my nephew's wife shortly. Good luck... today is my 7 week anniversary.

Your smoking history is virtually identical to mine--other than the fact that I managed to drop down to about 1-1/2 packs some years ago, and also started going with lights or ultras--so I was hoping you'd weigh in here! 7 Weeks!! That's Awesome!! :thumbup: When you say you're not into dripping--does that mean you always get filled carts? I'm wanting to refill both for variety choices and for cost savings from what I think I'm seeing. Cost is good part of my interest along with health and (most of all) a nonsmoking wife, but I'm getting my cigs for under $3/pack down here so the bar is set pretty low. As for "dripping", vs condoms vs tanks vs .... my impression is that it's a lot messier to deal with--true? I'm looking for easy if possible.

If I had it to do over, and the size/shape/appearance of the PV is/was a non issue, I'd skip the 808s (Bloog/V4L) altogether and either get a blaster VV mod like the Buzz or Infinity or a box mod like the REO Grand. Both cost more, but they give you the luxury of using atomizers or cartomizers, dripping or not, huge battery life, added power to more closely resemble the experience of smoking, etc. The 808s are a great introduction into the world of vaping, but ultimately, most want something more (unless you're using vaping simply as a bridge from smoking to not inhaling anything but air) and the 808s end up being an investment of several hundred bucks rendered moot and unnecessary by the mod.

I'm thinking size and shape is an issue for me, since the rituals around smoking have been a huge part of my life for so long. Heck--my entire Sunday morning is built around a pack or more of cigarets--up at an ungodly hour and to the 7/11 with other old farts over coffee, pick up the news rag and settle in the mancave for a few hours until the rest of my world wakes up for a bodacious breakfast. Actually every morning I'm up by 04:00 to enjoy some smokes before the world interrupts the reverie. The goal for me is for vaping to be a bridge to nothing--I've tried everything else over the years. Realistically I understand that I may never get off that bridge, but I see where this is becoming very much a fad for some people and I don't expect to get into this kind of smoke, that kind of way! You and Rovers both mentioned the Buzz--I'll definitely check it out. I was hoping to hear some of the endgames after 28 pages that I might be able to apply it right off the bat. I'm being yanked right now though so will have to wait a few hours to look it up. *sigh*Thanks All! :coffee:
Size and shape was an issue for me too, or at least I thought it was, but it turns out, I really don't care that much. I just want the experience that gives me the punch I need to keep from reaching for a cigarette and the mods do that FAR better than the 808s. If you're just looking to switch to vaping for a few months to wean yourself off nicotine altogether, the 808s will probably get the job done for you. I personally think Bloog's products are superior and more closely resemble the analog experience than V4L, but they are experiencing demand that is overwhelming their supply and often wait times are long to get new products. So, if cost and getting started right away are important to you, go with V4L and use the promo code to get 29% off your entire order.Also, if you smoke Ultras, the 808s are far more likely to satisfy your jones than mine (Marlboro Red smoker) so, the V4L kits may do the job for you without ever needing a mod.

I'm thinking size and shape is an issue for me, since the rituals around smoking have been a huge part of my life for so long.

Yeah, everyone is different. It simply comes down to what an individual needs to break free. For myself, a V4L manual xl battery is all I ever intend to use. Others have said the same in this thread. It's a very good device, and replicates and fully replaces smoking for me. I prefer it to smoking cigs. I don't need a nicotine coma, and in fact I remain a bit wary of increasing nicotine addiction through this transition if I can avoid it (approaching 7 weeks cig-free). Personally, I'd never feel comfortable using a different style vaporizer in public. Doesn't mean it's wrong to get top of the line equipment built to deliver more, to each his own. For a beginner who is more worried about replicating the smoking ritual, I don't think you can go wrong getting an XL batty starter kit. You'll always have it for times when you are on the go, even if you decide to get the bigger equipment. While you'll no doubt want to make sure you go 24/36 mg carts given your smoking history, and you may tinker with cartomizer brands (e.g. getting better ones like bloog/Ikenvape) for performance, you may find you're perfectly content with an XL battery.

I'm thinking size and shape is an issue for me, since the rituals around smoking have been a huge part of my life for so long.

Yeah, everyone is different. It simply comes down to what an individual needs to break free. For myself, a V4L manual xl battery is all I ever intend to use. Others have said the same in this thread. It's a very good device, and replicates and fully replaces smoking for me. I prefer it to smoking cigs. I don't need a nicotine coma, and in fact I remain a bit wary of increasing nicotine addiction through this transition if I can avoid it (approaching 7 weeks cig-free). Personally, I'd never feel comfortable using a different style vaporizer in public. Doesn't mean it's wrong to get top of the line equipment built to deliver more, to each his own. For a beginner who is more worried about replicating the smoking ritual, I don't think you can go wrong getting an XL batty starter kit. You'll always have it for times when you are on the go, even if you decide to get the bigger equipment. While you'll no doubt want to make sure you go 24/36 mg carts given your smoking history, and you may tinker with cartomizer brands (e.g. getting better ones like bloog/Ikenvape) for performance, you may find you're perfectly content with an XL battery.
:goodposting:I was gonna post pretty much the same thing. I smoked 1.5 to 2 packs a day of full flavor cigs, and the V4L XL autos are all Im gonna ever need. I dont think I could handle the type of mega blasting EG, Rovers, et al are doing with their mods. To each their own, but I agree with Jim - get the V4L kit to start, and Im pretty sure youll know within a couple of weeks if you need to move up to something bigger/stronger. If thats the case, simply order something bigger and return your V4L kit for a full, no-questions-asked refund.

What's the difference between atomizers and cartomizers? (probably a dumb question...)

And what do you need for dripping? I'm picturing something like a medicine dropper.

Thanks guys for all the advice!

What's the difference between atomizers and cartomizers? (probably a dumb question...)

And what do you need for dripping? I'm picturing something like a medicine dropper.

OK, understand that dripping means just that. No cartomizer filled with juice. You drip the juice into the vaporizer and vape. This requires you to keep dripping juice in there. There is no carto to hold the juice. So, you have to keep dripping juice in there. Drippers say it is better, and it may well be, but as a 3 PAD man, my solution is a VV mod, namely the Buzz. My preference is an Ikenvape mega carto, which has an atomizer built into it. You fill the cartridge (carto) with 2ml's of juice. That should last you several hours of HEAVY vaping without having to refill anything, or drip juice onto you atomizer.

I refill my cartos. It is much less expensive. I buy blank mega cartos (the HIGH voltage ones!) from Ikenvape, fill it with the juice flavor of choice, and I'm set for hours of vaping.

Juices come in bottles that have a sort of eye dropper top on them. I use a syringe for my first fill, then just use the bottle to "top off" my carto before it runs dry. I have used 3 Ikenvape mega cartos in a rotation for 9 days at a time. Then I clean them, let them dry, and re use it just like a new blank carto.

Atomozers get gummed up faster than these cartos, and the do cost more money. That vs. what people say is a better vape. I've never needed to do to dripping. The Buzz and megas work great for me. I go out with just my Buzz with one carto, and I'm set for at least 6 hours of vaping while having some brews in a pub.

The size... I actually find the larger size of the Buzz easier to use. It fits in my hand perfectly. The cig sized PV's are sometimes a little awkward. When you have a Buzz in yer hand, you know it.

Walton... congrats! Share your experience with us dude!

Rovers, have you ever brought an Iken MEGA back from that burnt taste? I've unfortunately got that taste on 2 of them in the past day due to refill neglect. I'm wondering it I top them off now if I'm just wasting juice, or if I caught it quick enough refilling will cure all.

Edited by BigJim®

Rovers, have you ever brought an Iken MEGA back from that burnt taste? I've unfortunately got that taste on 2 of them in the past day due to refill neglect. I'm wondering it I top them off now if I'm just wasting juice, or if I caught it quick enough refilling will cure all.

I don't care what kind of carto it is... if it got burnt, it's garbage. I dry vaped a V4L carto once. It was horrible beyond description. The burnt plastic taste was actually in my lungs for about 20 hours. My only health concern with vaping is burnt cartos. If there is even a hint, a slight question... I toss it. Since that burnt carto experience, I am ULTRA sensitive to that taste. I dammed near stopped vaping and wenty back to cigs then. It was THAT bad.

I NEVER let them go dry, not ever anymore. I'd rather overfill. I use the Ikens until they stop performing, and clean them using the turkey baster/hot water method, they come back like brand new. I don't even care if I just topped it off with juice. I just will NOT mess with any carto I have even the slightest doubt about. They are just too inexpensive to risk repeasting that awful experience.

So, no, any carto that might be even slightly burnt... I toss it.

Haven't checked in for awhile, but I did want to say that the 18mg choco-banana from V4L is the freakin' bomb. My new favorite juice.

I didn't like the Bannana Foster, but I do like all of the chocolate and caramel stuff... might have to give this a shot.

Haven't checked in for awhile, but I did want to say that the 18mg choco-banana from V4L is the freakin' bomb. My new favorite juice.

This one was always my go-to TH during weeks 2-4. I've been into banana foster the past couple weeks, but you've motivated me to make it a choco banana night. Early on I read carto reviews that banana flavors have a better TH than others, and I've found that to be dead on true. I could go forever on banana and coffee flavors, deprived of all others.

Cartomizers = cheaper and more convenient (unless you're using a bottom-fed mod that uses and atomizer)

Atomizers = more expensive, optimal flavor, vapor, and throat hit

I wholeheartedly recommend the Cisco 306 atomizer for the REO Grand. Nothing else I've tried has matched the TH, vapor, production, or flavor of these atomizers. I've tried Cisco 510s at both 1.7 and 2.0 ohms, Cisco 801s at 1.8 and 2.0 ohms, and Ikenvape 306s at 2.0 ohms. The Cisco 306 2.0ohm LR atomizer smokes them all.

Excellent! Ordered one of each of the Cisco 306 & 510 @2 ohms. Apparently avidvapes is forced to update their website order status manually and are behind. My order should be waiting for me when I get home! :excited: REO Vaping coma, here I come! ;)
Seriously, try to resist the urge to hit it 15-20 times in 5 minutes. You can get mildly ill for a little while.The 510s work fine, but the 306 is superior on all fronts in my opinion. I also like 2 ohms with this unit, you don't need anything less. 1.5 ohms tastes kind of burnt, I find 1.85-1.95 amps to be a sweet spot with the Grand.
OMFG!!! :thumbup:

I don't care what kind of carto it is... if it got burnt, it's garbage. I dry vaped a V4L carto once. It was horrible beyond description. The burnt plastic taste was actually in my lungs for about 20 hours. My only health concern with vaping is burnt cartos. If there is even a hint, a slight question... I toss it. Since that burnt carto experience, I am ULTRA sensitive to that taste. I dammed near stopped vaping and wenty back to cigs then. It was THAT bad.

I NEVER let them go dry, not ever anymore. I'd rather overfill. I use the Ikens until they stop performing, and clean them using the turkey baster/hot water method, they come back like brand new. I don't even care if I just topped it off with juice. I just will NOT mess with any carto I have even the slightest doubt about. They are just too inexpensive to risk repeasting that awful experience.

Can you expand on this or link a youtube?

Why would you go outside to vape?

NJ has banned vaping in public places. Senate voted 38-0 in favor of treating them exactly the same as ciggs. Shows you how much they find out about something before they make decisions. Politicians blow. I hate my state. Link below.

My link

Absolutely asinine.

Well, it will be four weeks for me next Monday. Sort of. The vaping works great for me during the work week, but on weekend nights when I am having a few beers, the vaping just doesn't cut it. I guess I need to try some 24s. For ####s and giggles, I had a cigarette last weekend, and contrary to some other people's experiences, that cigarette tasted wonderful. Haven't had one since, but I have a feeling I may break down at some point this weekend and have another. I'm wondering if I could vape for most of the time, and have just a couple of cigarettes on the weekend.

Decision made. :ph34r:

I got the eGo-T. The concept really appealed to me, and it's to the point that I couldn't really keep dwelling on it. Besides wanting to get it on--I also closed a loan today to start building my MIL house and won't have time to study the choices any more. Like the tank concept, and after reading the comments about burning carts figured it might be a safer bet as well with teh way I smoke.

Should be here in about a week so I'll file a report about then! Psyched!! :excited:

I got the eGo-T. The concept really appealed to me, and it's to the point that I couldn't really keep dwelling on it. Besides wanting to get it on--I also closed a loan today to start building my MIL house and won't have time to study the choices any more. Like the tank concept, and after reading the comments about burning carts figured it might be a safer bet as well with teh way I smoke.

Should be here in about a week so I'll file a report about then! Psyched!! :excited:

Order this when you get a chance and thank me later.

Thanks Gadabout. Figured I'd be asking for more advice once I get into it and you might be the only other ego user in here... What will that do? Thought the drip tips were for carts and unnecessary for tanks.(?) I think the one I ordered was this one; saw a couple of ways to go and at my sister's place that's the dealer who came up. Sure hope it arrives for next weekend 'cause I'll be working on the house and have time to really test drive. (read: "vape my brains out"!) :D

Decision made. :ph34r: I got the eGo-T. The concept really appealed to me, and it's to the point that I couldn't really keep dwelling on it. Besides wanting to get it on--I also closed a loan today to start building my MIL house and won't have time to study the choices any more. Like the tank concept, and after reading the comments about burning carts figured it might be a safer bet as well with teh way I smoke. Should be here in about a week so I'll file a report about then! Psyched!! :excited:

I haven't used an ego but from what I read it seems you can't go wrong with one of those. And I totally understand about the "dwelling" factor. At first there seems to be so many damned options and then options piled upon the options. It can be overwhelming. You finally have to say "screw it" and order something.Actually at first there seemed to be only a couple of options, Bloog and V4L. Then when I found I liked it and did some more research (and found out about a lot more options from folks in here who started the same time I did) then BOOM, were talking atomizers, cartomizers, mega, drip tip, Buzz, Ego, mods, ohms, dials, spinning method, baster method, boiling method, condom method, drip method, burt cartomizer, VG, PG, 510, 910, 808, adapters, connecters, pass throughs, lifting the post, voltage, MEGA, Auto, Manual, XL, on and on.Then you figure, hey, I'll go to the e-cig forum and that will sort things out. Yeah, right. Take what I just wrote above then multiply it by 10. That's why I think, if you plan on vaping a lot there are 3 options where you really can't go wrong, the eGo, the Buzz and the REO collections. I haven't tried any of these but I think most would agree. Like some here I was a light smoker and am a light vapor. I don't want to increase any level of nicoteen addiction which I feel I don't really have right now. But, just like when I was smoking analogs, there are those few times a month where I want to smoke/vape a ton and I don't want to have to worry about recharging, refilling, a burnt taste or any of that. That's why I wish I would have gone with one of the 3 I mentioned above. But at the time I never even heard about the 3 above. Sure it would cost more initially but not in the long run. That is if someone is eventually going to get one of those three after using a e-cig such as a v4l.

Can you expand on this or link a youtube?
Sure! Looks a little perverted at times, but I'm pretty sure this is what he was referring to.

FWIW I decided to refill both of them and no longer taste burnt at all. I caught them immediately though, so I'm sure that helped. These suckas are tough. Edited by BigJim®

Thanks Gadabout. Figured I'd be asking for more advice once I get into it and you might be the only other ego user in here... What will that do? Thought the drip tips were for carts and unnecessary for tanks.(?) I think the one I ordered was this one; saw a couple of ways to go and at my sister's place that's the dealer who came up. Sure hope it arrives for next weekend 'cause I'll be working on the house and have time to really test drive. (read: "vape my brains out"!) :D
I ordered the same kit from the same place, only there wasn't a Type B cone atomizer yet. Did you upgrade to the 1000mah batteries? If not, the two 650's, fully charged at the beginning of the day, will definitely last all day long. Cignot's shipping is pretty fast, so you should have that at the beginning of next week. Oh, and this may be a dumb question, but did you order and juice?

The drip tips and atomizers that I linked aren't needed for the tanks. What they'll do is give you a different way to vape. The atomizer screws into the ego battery and the drip tip slides right on top of it. Once I started doing that with my ego-t, I never bothered again with the ego's cone atomizers and tank setup.

Have you been to the ECF forums yet? If not, there's a lot of people out there who have ego-t's and there's also a ton of topics on it. Those Type B atomizers that you're getting may be a revision of the ones I had and could have something new about them that's worth checking up on.

I wholeheartedly recommend the Cisco 306 atomizer for the REO Grand. Nothing else I've tried has matched the TH, vapor, production, or flavor of these atomizers. I've tried Cisco 510s at both 1.7 and 2.0 ohms, Cisco 801s at 1.8 and 2.0 ohms, and Ikenvape 306s at 2.0 ohms. The Cisco 306 2.0ohm LR atomizer smokes them all.

Excellent! Ordered one of each of the Cisco 306 & 510 @2 ohms. Apparently avidvapes is forced to update their website order status manually and are behind. My order should be waiting for me when I get home! :excited: REO Vaping coma, here I come! ;)
Seriously, try to resist the urge to hit it 15-20 times in 5 minutes. You can get mildly ill for a little while.The 510s work fine, but the 306 is superior on all fronts in my opinion. I also like 2 ohms with this unit, you don't need anything less. 1.5 ohms tastes kind of burnt, I find 1.85-1.95 amps to be a sweet spot with the Grand.
Elaborate more, por favor.

Turkey baster cleaning method:

Fill a container in the sink with piping hot water, my tap will run at 140 degrees. Pop the top off the baster, remove the top end plug from the carto, drop the carto into the baster, put the bulb of the baster back on, and repeatedly squeeze the bulb of the baster while the end is submerged. I then flip the carto 180 degrees and repeat.

It's easy and fast. Works well enough for me. Then I just let the carto dry for at least a day. The Ikenvape megas vape like new with this method.

Generally, the thing that makes cartos gummed up is a sugar buildup on the atmomizer. Hot water will clean it off. Darker colored juices tend to gum up a carto faster than lighter colored juices.

I ordered the same kit from the same place, only there wasn't a Type B cone atomizer yet. Did you upgrade to the 1000mah batteries? If not, the two 650's, fully charged at the beginning of the day, will definitely last all day long. Cignot's shipping is pretty fast, so you should have that at the beginning of next week. Oh, and this may be a dumb question, but did you order and juice?

The drip tips and atomizers that I linked aren't needed for the tanks. What they'll do is give you a different way to vape. The atomizer screws into the ego battery and the drip tip slides right on top of it. Once I started doing that with my ego-t, I never bothered again with the ego's cone atomizers and tank setup.

Have you been to the ECF forums yet? If not, there's a lot of people out there who have ego-t's and there's also a ton of topics on it. Those Type B atomizers that you're getting may be a revision of the ones I had and could have something new about them that's worth checking up on.

Nope on the battery upgrades, Yep on two 30ml juices--60/40 I think, not the 80/20 I was looking for.. Figure I'll be testing out flavors for awhile based on feedback here. Might check out drip tips after awhile. I did look at the forums briefly but it was pretty overwhelming trying to get up to speed even with the terminology--at least until after I see some of it! Cunk pretty well described the way my head's been spinning with all the options.

Excellent! Ordered one of each of the Cisco 306 & 510 @2 ohms. Apparently avidvapes is forced to update their website order status manually and are behind. My order should be waiting for me when I get home! :excited:

REO Vaping coma, here I come! ;)

Seriously, try to resist the urge to hit it 15-20 times in 5 minutes. You can get mildly ill for a little while.

The 510s work fine, but the 306 is superior on all fronts in my opinion. I also like 2 ohms with this unit, you don't need anything less. 1.5 ohms tastes kind of burnt, I find 1.85-1.95 amps to be a sweet spot with the Grand.

I'm in heaven right now, seriously. :excited:

This thing is everything I hoped for...and more. You know how the first drag off a newly topped off carto, on a freshly charged battery, tastes? This is so much better! It's a deep, moist, flavorful hit with plumes of vapor...every time. I'm getting more than a day's worth of battery life, and I've only gone through 3 mils of juice in two days of moderate vaping.

I tried both my brand new LR306 and LR510 Cisco 2ohm atomizers, vaping my everyday Cafe Mocha, but noticed very little difference between the two. I'll need to do some more comparisons there.

The Grand is definitely built like a tank. Its body is machined out of a solid block of aircraft grade aluminum and beautifully anodized. It is quite a conversation piece. Its smooth finish feels good in your hands, button placement is very comfortable. I didnt realize the button rotated to a locking position to prevent accidental firing, a nice feature for sure, but also the source of a few moments of panic as I sucked nothing but air several times! :bag: "Sqwonking" the bottle is easily accomplished through the provided opening in the door. The door slides upwards or downwards within a groove on either side of the opening in the main body, and is held in place by a couple magnets.

It is a bit heavier than I anticipated, weighing in at just over 6 ounces with a battery and full bottle of juice. Also, due to the nature of all bottom-feeders, there's a noticeable bubbling or gurgling noise when you're vaping. I can see how this might not be for everyone. You definitely get strange looks while using this baby. My wife looked over at me and told me that I "look weird." She called me a "box-sucker." :loco: Unfortunately, I think that type of reaction has to be expected until personal vaporizers eventually become more widely accepted...and understood.

I loved my V4L kit and it served me well, it helped me finally kick the habit once and for all. But the Grand just takes the experience to a whole new level of enjoyment. Thus, my V4L kit has been relegated to backup duty for the foreseeable future. I had easily already broken even with what I had spent on vaping vs. what I would have spent smoking, so this was my way of rewarding myself for a job well done. I couldn't be happier.

I'm really looking forward to stepping down another nic level just so I can vape a little more with my new toy! :thumbup:

A few pictures...

Edited by Athletic Supporter

This thing is everything I hoped for...and more. You know how the first drag off a newly topped off carto, on a freshly charged battery, tastes? This is so much better! It's a deep, moist, flavorful hit with plumes of vapor...every time. I'm getting more than a day's worth of battery life, and I've only gone through 3 mils of juice in two days of moderate vaping.

I tried both my brand new LR306 and LR510 Cisco 2ohm atomizers, vaping my everyday Cafe Mocha, but noticed very little difference between the two. I'll need to do some more comparisons there.

The Grand is definitely built like a tank. Its body is machined out of a solid block of aircraft grade aluminum and beautifully anodized. It is quite a conversation piece. Its smooth finish feels good in your hands, button placement is very comfortable. I didn’t realize the button rotated to a locking position to prevent accidental firing, a nice feature for sure, but also the source of a few moments of panic as I sucked nothing but air several times! :bag: "Sqwonking" the bottle is easily accomplished through the provided opening in the door. The door slides upwards or downwards within a groove on either side of the opening in the main body, and is held in place by a couple magnets.

It is a bit heavier than I anticipated, weighing in at just over 6 ounces with a battery and full bottle of juice. Also, due to the nature of all bottom-feeders, there's a noticeable bubbling or gurgling noise when you're vaping. I can see how this might not be for everyone. You definitely get strange looks while using this baby. My wife looked over at me and told me that I "look weird." She called me a "box-sucker." :loco: Unfortunately, I think that type of reaction has to be expected until personal vaporizers eventually become more widely accepted...and understood.

I loved my V4L kit and it served me well, it helped me finally kick the habit once and for all. But the Grand just takes the experience to a whole new level of enjoyment. Thus, my V4L kit has been relegated to backup duty for the foreseeable future. I had easily already broken even with what I had spent on vaping vs. what I would have spent smoking, so this was my way of rewarding myself for a job well done. I couldn't be happier.

I'm really looking forward to stepping down another nic level just so I can vape a little more with my new toy! :thumbup:

A few pictures...

There's no way to not look weird while smoking a walkie talkie. I've been ready to buy one for three weeks now.

What type of juices are you using on it? Are you blowing out your atomizers every night?

The Grand is definitely built like a tank. Its body is machined out of a solid block of aircraft grade aluminum and beautifully anodized. It is quite a conversation piece. Its smooth finish feels good in your hands, button placement is very comfortable. I didnt realize the button rotated to a locking position to prevent accidental firing, a nice feature for sure, but also the source of a few moments of panic as I sucked nothing but air several times! :bag: "Sqwonking" the bottle is easily accomplished through the provided opening in the door. The door slides upwards or downwards within a groove on either side of the opening in the main body, and is held in place by a couple magnets.

A few pictures...

There's no way to not look weird while smoking a walkie talkie. I've been ready to buy one for three weeks now.

What type of juices are you using on it? Are you blowing out your atomizers every night?

I hear ya Gads. I waited for almost a month having just missed the run Evilgrin capitalized on. :( I got tired of waiting, especially considering there wasn't any guarantee that I would get lucky once they were available again. I just started checking the classifieds over at ECF on a regular basis. Found this one for sale, $140 shipped and he threw in (2) batteries, a charger and a drip tip (not to mention the extra bottle and nolax that ships with the Grand normally.) Guy who was selling said he found it too big for his liking and is now looking for a REO Mini.

My every day vape is and has been V4L Cafe Mocha (11mg). I tastes great on this. I haven't done a ton of experimenting with different juices. I found one I liked and have pretty much stuck to it.

I ran Tasty Vapor's Atomic Cinnacide through the REO for a while though. I like the taste and all, but I found that flavor to be more of a "once and a while vape" because it is so dominant. It s strong aftertaste doesn't exactly go well with coffee if you know what I mean. I may just use my V4L equipment for this flavor as an occasional hit here and there. Also, when I switched back to Cafe Mocha it was impossible to get the cinnamon taste out of my atomizer, so I did clean it by soaking it in white vinegar for 20 minutes and rinsing it with hot water per a suggestion on ECF. Havent vaped with it yet, so Im not sure how well that worked yet.

I'm not blowing my atomizers out, and honestly hadn't heard that I should, unless the addy was flooded. I'm not noticing any issues having not blowing it out, though.

Edited by Athletic Supporter

By reading this thread it looks like these things just might work. I’m thinking of starting using these as well but I’m concerned that I will just be wasting money. Can anyone recommend a starter package at a particular company? Yesterday I stopped at a 7-11 and picked up one there and tried it but I wasn’t really impressed but not to the point of not trying at all. One question I have is how do you know when you’re finished a smoke session? I took a bunch of drags (about 10) of one yesterday but less than 30 minutes later I wanted a real smoke.

Yeah those convenience store models are pretty basic and I wouldnt use that as a basis to make a decision to give e-cigs a shot. I tried one and they are a joke compared to what most of us have ordered and have been using.
Just found out that one of the convenience stores I frequent is going to be carrying these. Don't know what kind; maybe after waiting this long to hop on board it'll have some play. In any case it's a good sign that the area is ready to get into them--I've been wondering if my usual smoke shop will get into them--bet they'd do it right if so!

OK, understand that dripping means just that. No cartomizer filled with juice. You drip the juice into the vaporizer and vape. This requires you to keep dripping juice in there. There is no carto to hold the juice. So, you have to keep dripping juice in there. Drippers say it is better, and it may well be
That's precisely what dripping is and why I wasn't going to get into it. Too much hassle and mess. BUT, with a mod like the REO Grand, it takes all the hassle out of the equation. It holds a 6ml bottle of juice which feeds into the atomizer. It self-feeds with thinner juices, with a thicker VG juice, you have to squeeze the bottle every now and again through a small window in the door of the mod to pump some jice into the atomizer. Then, just hit the button to fire the atomizer and draw. It's dripping without dripping. The 6ml bottle and 18650 battery that powers it last forever. For example, the bottle of Boba's Bounty and the battery I am currently vaping on have been in there since Friday evening, so we're at about 53 hours as my sole PV and still running strong. No cartos to fill (though you CAN use cartos if you choose to, and if you do, you don't have to refill those manually anymore, just squeeze the bottle and it feeds the juice right into the carto), no switching out batteries every 4-5 hours, etc.

And the vapor production/throat hit/flavor demolish any 808. It's not even in the same ballpark. I also haven't found any increased nicotine needs, in fact, yesterday I woke up and went an hour and a half before I hit it, without really thinking about it. This, compared to having to smoke a cig within 5 minutes of waking up- one more reason vaping rules.

I cannot recommend this unit enough.

And to answer other questions people have been asking, no, I don't blow my atomizers out. Also, Athletic Supporter, if you use a strong flavor like that, you won't get it out of the atty by blowing it out. What you need to do is, if you use a flavor like Cinnacide or Wyatt Earp and then want to go back to a milder flavor is either :

a) Use cartomizers

b) After you're done with the strong flavor, drop the atomizer in a shot glass full of grain alcohol, vodka, or isopropyl alcohol and let it sit for an hour or so, agitating very occasionally. Take it out, blow it out, and let it sit for a few hours (or preferably overnight) to dry. Flavor gone. I have about 5-6 atomizers, I keep 1 for Boba's, 1 for Earp, 1 for VS Tennessee, and one for DK Tobacco. Those are my 4 go-to vapes, so I keep a dedicated atty for each. Then I have 2 "swing atomizers" that I use when I want to switch to a different flavor. Some milder ones can be removed just by blowing it out, but stronger flavors, you'll need to use the cleaning method above. I try not to do that TOO much, though, because I'm not 100% sure how that affects the atty.

:lmao:That was my initial reaction too. The first really good hit you get out of the Grand turns you on your ear. I still use my 808s M-F from 8:00-5:00 but when I get home, I can't wait to get back to that bad boy.

Thanks for the atty cleaning tips EG, I'll have to give that a try.

I'm surprised you are able to leave the REO home and settle with your 808's during the day. Not sure what your day entails, but I'm taking it with me where ever I go. It fits nicely in my chest pocket, though it is a but heavy and does tend to cause my shirt to hang just a bit. I don't care much for putting in my pants pocket, as it's a PITA to get out without the door sliding off. I was getting weird looks from my coworkers using the V4L 808s anyway, so either way I have to explain what I'm doing, might as well enjoy it to the fullest!

Just placed an order for some samples from Alien Visions. It's about time I finally tried Boba' Bounty considering all the hype. Also got samples of Gorrila Juice, Caramel Kicker, C&D, and Blend 4. Also ordered two AW IMR 18650 batteries. I did get two used batteries with the Grand, but I really have no idea what their condition is. I'll just keep them as backups at work I think.

Thanks for the atty cleaning tips EG, I'll have to give that a try.I'm surprised you are able to leave the REO home and settle with your 808's during the day. Not sure what your day entails, but I'm taking it with me where ever I go. It fits nicely in my chest pocket, though it is a but heavy and does tend to cause my shirt to hang just a bit. I don't care much for putting in my pants pocket, as it's a PITA to get out without the door sliding off. I was getting weird looks from my coworkers using the V4L 808s anyway, so either way I have to explain what I'm doing, might as well enjoy it to the fullest!Just placed an order for some samples from Alien Visions. It's about time I finally tried Boba' Bounty considering all the hype. Also got samples of Gorrila Juice, Caramel Kicker, C&D, and Blend 4. Also ordered two AW IMR 18650 batteries. I did get two used batteries with the Grand, but I really have no idea what their condition is. I'll just keep them as backups at work I think.

How did the vinegar work for cleaning the atty?I could theoretically roll with the Grand all day, every day, but it looks an awful lot like you're doing something illegal/suspicious when you use it, as opposed to an 808, which is pretty clearly an electronic cigarette. I blast away in my office where anyone can just roll in, so I'd rather someone "busts" me hitting the MaxxFusion than the Grand. Someone walking by that looks in and sees me whaling on the Grand and then keeps walking without stopping to ask questions may start some unsavory rumors about ol' EG without my even knowing it. Much like Chase Stuart, I'm a very important guy around here and don't want to risk something like that.Someday, when the knowledge/recognition of vaping matches the technology, the 808s will be rendered useless.

Thanks for the atty cleaning tips EG, I'll have to give that a try.I'm surprised you are able to leave the REO home and settle with your 808's during the day. Not sure what your day entails, but I'm taking it with me where ever I go. It fits nicely in my chest pocket, though it is a but heavy and does tend to cause my shirt to hang just a bit. I don't care much for putting in my pants pocket, as it's a PITA to get out without the door sliding off. I was getting weird looks from my coworkers using the V4L 808s anyway, so either way I have to explain what I'm doing, might as well enjoy it to the fullest!Just placed an order for some samples from Alien Visions. It's about time I finally tried Boba' Bounty considering all the hype. Also got samples of Gorrila Juice, Caramel Kicker, C&D, and Blend 4. Also ordered two AW IMR 18650 batteries. I did get two used batteries with the Grand, but I really have no idea what their condition is. I'll just keep them as backups at work I think.

Also, I can't swear you'll like Boba's, but I can tell you it tastes infinitely fuller and better in the Grand than in a cartomizer. I'd say 80% of the time I'm using the Grand, I'm vaping Boba's. It is absolutely my go-to vape. Gorilla Juice is good too, I liken it to Boba's with the added flavor of fresh banana. I haven't had their caramel kicker or C&D - the blend 4 is somewhat analog like. I think it tastes similar to their Havana Gold, which is a cigar tobacco emulator, but with more of a clove hit to it. It's something of an acquired taste and a very occasional vape for me.

How did the vinegar work for cleaning the atty?I could theoretically roll with the Grand all day, every day, but it looks an awful lot like you're doing something illegal/suspicious when you use it, as opposed to an 808, which is pretty clearly an electronic cigarette. I blast away in my office where anyone can just roll in, so I'd rather someone "busts" me hitting the MaxxFusion than the Grand. Someone walking by that looks in and sees me whaling on the Grand and then keeps walking without stopping to ask questions may start some unsavory rumors about ol' EG without my even knowing it. Much like Chase Stuart, I'm a very important guy around here and don't want to risk something like that.Someday, when the knowledge/recognition of vaping matches the technology, the 808s will be rendered useless.
:lmao: Haven't tried the atty since cleaning with vinegar, I'll have to report back...Out of curiosity, have you dewicked or debridged any of your atty's yet? Thinking about giving it a try once I get a few more on hand. Hate to ruin one when all I have is two right now.

One thing I noticed about cleaning the Cisco atomizers is that it severely affects their draw. The way I was cleaning them before, boiling some distilled water and letting them sit in their for a few minutes, doesn't work with the Ciscos. The Joye atomizers I had were fine afterwards, but I noticed that all three of the Cisco atomizers dropped in performance afterwards.

I think I'm gonna just abuse them until they go kaput. And when that happens, I'll come up with a different way to clean them. I think blowing them out helps some. Reason for that is sometimes I notice that I'll start getting dry hits, meaning that I need to drip more onto the atomizer. Every now and then I'll just take off the atomizer and blow through it into a paper towel and there's always a nice amount of juice that comes out. It's almost like the stuff gets lodged in there. It always improves the draw afterwards.

Noob here. Great thread, was enough to convince me to dip my toe in with the V4L starter kit and after a week I'm about to make the a conversion. Based on the praise of the REO here and elsewhere that definitely seems to be the way to go when they become available again.

My knowledge is very primitive...to survive until then, can anyone recommend a course of action, for maybe a month or two? I have eight cartomizers, should I just order some juice and refill those with a syringe? The juice doesn't have to match the original carto, right? Is eight enough, should I order some blanks?

Sorry for the rudimentary questions. Just don't want to waste any money until I upgrade and don't want to get caught without a proper supply. Based on the last few pages I'm thinking of giving the TV juice a try and I believe FreedomSmokeUSA has 25% off sale going right now.

Any input much appreciated!

Noob here. Great thread, was enough to convince me to dip my toe in with the V4L starter kit and after a week I'm about to make the a conversion. Based on the praise of the REO here and elsewhere that definitely seems to be the way to go when they become available again.My knowledge is very primitive...to survive until then, can anyone recommend a course of action, for maybe a month or two? I have eight cartomizers, should I just order some juice and refill those with a syringe? The juice doesn't have to match the original carto, right? Is eight enough, should I order some blanks? Sorry for the rudimentary questions. Just don't want to waste any money until I upgrade and don't want to get caught without a proper supply. Based on the last few pages I'm thinking of giving the TV juice a try and I believe FreedomSmokeUSA has 25% off sale going right now. Any input much appreciated!

Order some Juice. You can refill your carts with any flavor, but some flavors might not mix really well. You probably will want to get some blank carts. The only places I've order juice from is Alien Visions and Backwoods brew. Bloog is going to have a 20% off sale on Weds. They are sending out the Coupon code today, so you might want to register...of course I'll probably post the coupon code here when I get it. They have the best carts compared to anywhere I've tried.

Honestly, I think some of you that are over looking the Buzz are making a mistake. My 808's just don't get it done for me. I just landed a new job, certainly no dream job, but a job, and I've been stuck in a room with other people doing some agonizingly boring computer based training. Anyways...

I've been stealth vaping my Buzz the whole time. I pull it out of my shirt pocket, take 3 or 4 vapes... no one has a clue. I have to hold the vape for a bit to limit the visable vapor, but after 3 days no one has noticed a thing. It's shorter than the Infinity, and fits right in my hand with just the Ikenvape mega sticking out.

Buying a Buzz was the best decision I've made in vaping. Batteries last over a day. One Ikenvape mega, I'm good for the whole day. Even for stealth vaping.

:lmao: Haven't tried the atty since cleaning with vinegar, I'll have to report back...Out of curiosity, have you dewicked or debridged any of your atty's yet? Thinking about giving it a try once I get a few more on hand. Hate to ruin one when all I have is two right now.
I de-wicked/de-bridged a 510 that was malfunctioning, but it didn't seem to help. I contemplated doing it with one of my regular rotation 306s, but they work so well as is, I didn't see the need to risk ruining it.

One thing I noticed about cleaning the Cisco atomizers is that it severely affects their draw. The way I was cleaning them before, boiling some distilled water and letting them sit in their for a few minutes, doesn't work with the Ciscos. The Joye atomizers I had were fine afterwards, but I noticed that all three of the Cisco atomizers dropped in performance afterwards.

I think I'm gonna just abuse them until they go kaput. And when that happens, I'll come up with a different way to clean them. I think blowing them out helps some. Reason for that is sometimes I notice that I'll start getting dry hits, meaning that I need to drip more onto the atomizer. Every now and then I'll just take off the atomizer and blow through it into a paper towel and there's always a nice amount of juice that comes out. It's almost like the stuff gets lodged in there. It always improves the draw afterwards.

The alcohol baths I've given the Ciscos have affected the draw somewhat. That's why I now have dedicated atomizers for my frequent flavors.

Honestly, I think some of you that are over looking the Buzz are making a mistake. My 808's just don't get it done for me. I just landed a new job, certainly no dream job, but a job, and I've been stuck in a room with other people doing some agonizingly boring computer based training. Anyways...I've been stealth vaping my Buzz the whole time. I pull it out of my shirt pocket, take 3 or 4 vapes... no one has a clue. I have to hold the vape for a bit to limit the visable vapor, but after 3 days no one has noticed a thing. It's shorter than the Infinity, and fits right in my hand with just the Ikenvape mega sticking out. Buying a Buzz was the best decision I've made in vaping. Batteries last over a day. One Ikenvape mega, I'm good for the whole day. Even for stealth vaping.

Isn't the Infinity even smaller/lighter? Seems like that would be even better for stealth vaping, do you find yourself still using the Buzz more?

Noob here. Great thread, was enough to convince me to dip my toe in with the V4L starter kit and after a week I'm about to make the a conversion. Based on the praise of the REO here and elsewhere that definitely seems to be the way to go when they become available again.My knowledge is very primitive...to survive until then, can anyone recommend a course of action, for maybe a month or two? I have eight cartomizers, should I just order some juice and refill those with a syringe? The juice doesn't have to match the original carto, right? Is eight enough, should I order some blanks? Sorry for the rudimentary questions. Just don't want to waste any money until I upgrade and don't want to get caught without a proper supply. Based on the last few pages I'm thinking of giving the TV juice a try and I believe FreedomSmokeUSA has 25% off sale going right now. Any input much appreciated!

Assuming you haven’t vaped any of the cartos dry, which can damage the internal wick or polyfill, you should be able to get by with just juice. You can refill them however you are most comfortable. However, a month or two is a long time to go with just 8 cartos. It wouldn't hurt to have more on hand IMHO.The last few weeks before I got my mod, I refilled several cartos and vaped them exclusively (mostly out of laziness) and topped them off whenever they started to dry out. I was using the same carto for several days. It was then that I realized I really liked the vape I was getting with my rudimentary form of "dripping".Best of luck! Edited by Athletic Supporter