What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Electronic Cigarettes (2 Viewers)

Thanks for the advice. Really helpful stuff guys.

I might bump up the nicotine level per the advice on this thread, but at this point, I'm going with what I have which are 11mg cartridges. Even if I order some higher ones today (which I probably will for "tougher" circumstances like when I drink or whatever) it'll take a week to get here, so I'm going to have to make it work anyway.

I definitely am totally unconcerned with how much I use the e-cig. The way I see it I could puff on this thing the entire day and it'd still be healthier than spreading a pack of smokes out throughout the day. My process is a one step at a time one. Only concern right now is getting off real smokes, whatever it takes.

My biggest issue so far is the lack of that throat feeling like when you smoke a cigarette. Many of you have moved on past the Bloogs it seems like, and on to perhaps harder hitting ones or better quality ones where you get a "bigger drag" from it? Any suggestions here? I think that would help this effort a bit for me. Trogg, I know you mentioned you had stepped up a bit? The Bloogs are easy, just screw on the cartridge and go. I don't want to refill anything myself. I just don't have the time or effort to deal with all of that. But cost isn't really a concern as no matter what, it's got to be cheaper than smoking a pack a day.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the advice. Really helpful stuff guys.

I might bump up the nicotine level per the advice on this thread, but at this point, I'm going with what I have which are 11mg cartridges. Even if I order some higher ones today (which I probably will for "tougher" circumstances like when I drink or whatever) it'll take a week to get here, so I'm going to have to make it work anyway.

I definitely am totally unconcerned with how much I use the e-cig. The way I see it I could puff on this thing the entire day and it'd still be healthier than spreading a pack of smokes out throughout the day. My process is a one step at a time one. Only concern right now is getting off real smokes, whatever it takes.

My biggest issue so far is the lack of that throat feeling like when you smoke a cigarette. Many of you have moved on past the Bloogs it seems like, and on to perhaps harder hitting ones or better quality ones where you get a "bigger drag" from it? Any suggestions here? I think that would help this effort a bit for me. Trogg, I know you mentioned you had stepped up a bit? The Bloogs are easy, just screw on the cartridge and go. I don't want to refill anything myself. I just don't have the time or effort to deal with all of that. But cost isn't really a concern as no matter what, it's got to be cheaper than smoking a pack a day.
That will be partially resolved when you get a higher strength of juice. Also, a strong flavor like menthol might be helpful, even if you never smoked menthols.

Thanks for the advice. Really helpful stuff guys. I might bump up the nicotine level per the advice on this thread, but at this point, I'm going with what I have which are 11mg cartridges. Even if I order some higher ones today (which I probably will for "tougher" circumstances like when I drink or whatever) it'll take a week to get here, so I'm going to have to make it work anyway.I definitely am totally unconcerned with how much I use the e-cig. The way I see it I could puff on this thing the entire day and it'd still be healthier than spreading a pack of smokes out throughout the day. My process is a one step at a time one. Only concern right now is getting off real smokes, whatever it takes.My biggest issue so far is the lack of that throat feeling like when you smoke a cigarette. Many of you have moved on past the Bloogs it seems like, and on to perhaps harder hitting ones or better quality ones where you get a "bigger drag" from it? Any suggestions here? I think that would help this effort a bit for me. Trogg, I know you mentioned you had stepped up a bit? The Bloogs are easy, just screw on the cartridge and go. I don't want to refill anything myself. I just don't have the time or effort to deal with all of that. But cost isn't really a concern as no matter what, it's got to be cheaper than smoking a pack a day.
You can still get the same ease of the screw on cartomizers with a box mod. A cheap way to try it put would be getting a 5 volt box mod. If you can solder you can get a kit for $15, or a pre made one for like $25. The hits are much better and the batteries last much longer. It's not as pretty as some of the other mods out there, but it's a great starter mod. Hell, I'll send you mine if you want to try it out. If you lole it, i can sell it to you cheap, or you can order a new one. I got some spare batteries and cartomizers. Just shoot me a pm and Id be happy to hook you up. Pm me your email I'll send some pictures of mine and some links.

FREE JUICE RAFFLE!!!! :excited:

Ive got a bottle of juice that I got from a friend a while back that I dont care for and has been sitting for almost a year that I need to get rid of so it doesnt go to waste. Im not looking to sell it, Im just gonna give it away to someone here.

29ml of Tasty Vapor's Cafe Macchiato - 12mg nicotine, 20%VG (w/sweetener), made 6/7/2011

If youd like to be in the running to win this juice, post here and this weekend Ill put everyones name in a hat and draw a winner.

Heres a pic of the bottle: http://img834.images...580/tvjuice.jpg

Good luck!
I would love it...I'm just about of of my coffee juice! I will gladly pay you for shipping as well! :thumbup:
Its all yours if you want it. PM me a shipping address and Ill mail it out Monday. Also, I just got 30ml of V4L Cafe Mocha (24mg) and Im not a fan. Anyone want that one?

Ive got a bottle of juice that I got from a friend a while back that I dont care for and has been sitting for almost a year that I need to get rid of so it doesnt go to waste. Im not looking to sell it, Im just gonna give it away to someone here.

29ml of Tasty Vapor's Cafe Macchiato - 12mg nicotine, 20%VG (w/sweetener), made 6/7/2011

If youd like to be in the running to win this juice, post here and this weekend Ill put everyones name in a hat and draw a winner.

Good luck!
I would love it...I'm just about of of my coffee juice! I will gladly pay you for shipping as well! :thumbup:
Its all yours if you want it. PM me a shipping address and Ill mail it out Monday. Also, I just got 30ml of V4L Cafe Mocha (24mg) and Im not a fan. Anyone want that one?
In, I would like to try that one. I also need to get back with Trogg to try some of his juices. This definitely works, I haven't had a real cig since I got the Volt, I think that was Feb or so. I'll need to go back and check.

Just went back and looked and it was the end of March when I got my starter kit. Seems like a lot longer, in a good way. Haven't even thought about a real cig and love being able to vape in my car, my office, anywhere really. I've been to multiple smoke free restaurants and asked if they cared if I vaped and no one has had an issue with it at all. In fact, most think it's cool and want to try it!! Again, you guys in this thread rock, I've converted multiple smokers to try it and like has been said before, it doesn't work for everyone but seems to have a better success rate than anything else I've seen out there. Big :thumbup:

Good luck!
In, I would like to try that one. I also need to get back with Trogg to try some of his juices. This definitely works, I haven't had a real cig since I got the Volt, I think that was Feb or so. I'll need to go back and check.
PM me a shipping address and ill send it out Monday. All i ask is if you don't like the juice, pass it on to someone else.

Good luck!
PM me a shipping address and ill send it out Monday. All i ask is if you don't like the juice, pass it on to someone else.
Awesome, tried to PM but I think your mailbox is full, said you can't accept new messages.

What the hell happened to just quitting?

My folks used to smoke 3 packs a day. My old man would smoke in the shower. He'd go to bed with a full pack and smoke half a pack throughout the night. He'd often find he had two cigs going at once. He quit cold turkey.

If a chimney like that can, you guys can. Dayum.

Good luck!
Awesome, tried to PM but I think your mailbox is full, said you can't accept new messages.
Just cleared out my inbox.

Good luck!
Just cleared out my inbox.
Wingnut,It's still telling me you can't get messages, you can email me at alton2000@excite.com or PM me and I can try and reply. Thanks again!!

Wingnut,It's still telling me you can't get messages, you can email me at alton2000@excite.com or PM me and I can try and reply. Thanks again!!
WTF. My inbox is empty. This forum is on its last legs in my bookmarks. Ill email you tomorrow.Seriously WTF

WTF. My inbox is empty. This forum is on its last legs in my bookmarks. Ill email you tomorrow.Seriously WTF
I had no luck either...you can email me at hummer1022@gmail.com and I'll send you my info also!
Where in O-Town did you end up moving? Out by UCF?

I had no luck either...you can email me at hummer1022@gmail.com and I'll send you my info also!
Where in O-Town did you end up moving? Out by UCF?
Wingnut--Juice came today...love it! Thanks so much! I have been vaping mostly chocolate and coffee trying to use up the various juice I do have and will be needing to order more soon so this rocks! :thumbup: It was a year for me in April cigarette free and I'm still loving vaping. Using V4L batteries (which I'm down to only a couple that work but haven't been working yet since I moved in March so low on funds and trying to use up everything I have) , bloog carts and 18-11mg nicotine. I guess I'm kind of trying to wean myself down on the nicotine but don't really care too much. For new vapers or people still considering trying it I agree with what was mentioned above about raising the nicotine level to find what will satisfy your cravings. The 11mg didn't really do it for me when I started. I needed 18-24mg.Evilgrin--yes I'm living south of UCF, off of Alafaya just south of Waterford Lakes. I've been getting settled and starting to look for work.

Hey Wing> I got 120ml of Green Apple for you. It's tasting really good. I imagine it'll be perfect after a few days to a week.

Big thread and I have read a bunch but need to cut to the chase. I have been considering the e-cigs for a while and think I am ready to commit. I am not looking to go cheap - I need it reliable and easy to deal with. What should I get? And what is the best way to go for the juice? Seems like a giant hassle.

Big thread and I have read a bunch but need to cut to the chase. I have been considering the e-cigs for a while and think I am ready to commit. I am not looking to go cheap - I need it reliable and easy to deal with. What should I get? And what is the best way to go for the juice? Seems like a giant hassle.
Yes, a quick cliff notes version of what to do would be appreciated.

want to quit smoking and have been looking into these e-cigs you guys speak of. I have read the last few pages of the thread and I am totally lost. There is chargers, atomizers, batteries, liquids and other various parts I have no clue about. Can someone maybe point me in the right direction for a good "starter kit", good brands and brands to stay away from, maybe a few tips from you seasoned e-cig users I should be aware of. I smoke marlboro lights...about 1/2-3/4 pack a day. I quit about 1 year ago for 2.5 months and had 1 puff of a cig while drinking with my buddies and it was quickly back to square 1. Worst decision of my life to pick up a smoke and its time I do something about it. Any info to help me get started would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
I think the easiest gateway is the starter kit from www.vapor4life.com. Grab the Ultimate Starter Kit for $70, or the Ultimate Ultimatum for $100, and then add some custom flavored cartridges. I would recommend starting out at either 24mg or 18mg.Personally, I use the auto batteries, but I know many here prefer the manual.

You'll want 1-2 cartridges per day (at least I do, but I vape continuously).

That's the easiest way to get started, and while you make the transition, read through this whole thread (it's worth the time), and also check out the e-cig forum for tons more info.

Eventually you'll want to buy juice and blank carts. There are several places to buy juice, including v4l, but for blank carts I would recommend Bloog.
Bump for Binky and PTK.

All of us in this thread were new at this vaping thing a year and a half ago so we all had to experiment. In the end we all would have saved money and hassle if we knew then what we know now. So I'll be happy to provide you with my opinion of what you should get after going through this myself.I've been vaping for about a year and a half now. I'm what you'd consider a light smoker (Camel Lights). I started off with the v4l starter kit and it was fine for a time. But I started getting sick of trying to extend the life of the cartomizers (the thing on top of the battery that holds the juice-looks like the filter of a cigarette) and having to charge those smaller cigarette sized batteries frequently. After more than a year of futzing around with this system I decided to finally upgrade so something I wouldn't have to babysit (for lack of a better word) so much.

I figure if you're going to spend $75.00 on something you may as well spend a little more and get something more substantial that will last longer, give you less hassle and basically make it a more pleasurable experience. If you read through this thread you'd see that vaping has an extremely high success rate as far as people enjoying it and sticking with it, abandoning cigs altogether and not looking back. So the odds are pretty good you'll be the same.

So this is what I have now and what I would recommend. Here is a pic of my setup pic

You can get similar systems elsewhere but everything I'm listing here I got from Volcano.

2 Super Batteries-$19.99 each

2 Tube Tanks-$16.99 each (come with a cartomizer)

3 Bottles of different juices (15ml)-12.99 each (I get nicotine level 16)

6 Cartomizer refills for the tube tanks-2.99 each (I have found that one cartomizer will work really well for about 1 bottle of juice).

1 Battery charger bundle-$13.99

3 Needle tip bottle caps-$1.99 each

The super batteries sit nicely in the hand (whole setup is about 5 inches long). On the top screws in the tank with the cartomizer inside. The cartomizer has a tiny hole in the bottom to wick up the juice. You refill by popping off the top cap, lifting the tank a little and squeezing juice into the tank. This is made much easier with the needle tip bottle cap.

Fully charged the batteries can last me for days (again, light vaping). A big thing for me was having something last through 18 holes of golf when I vape heavily. These do the trick and last well into the evening. Of course, with the tube tank you don't have to refill nearly as much as with just a plain cartomizer. It doesn't leak.

Now to juice. A lot of people love VG juice. I prefer PG juice. VG juice is much thicker than PG juice thus, it will clog up a system like mine much quicker and the wicking action isn't as good. Don't even bother trying to emulate the taste of a real cigarette. All here would be in agreement that trying different flavors is the way to go.

This system would have saved me tons of $$$ and hassle if I had done it from the get-go. Of course, this is just my opinion from my personal experience. People have more complex systems and some even still are fine with the v4l type system. But it seems most upgrade at sometime.

want to quit smoking and have been looking into these e-cigs you guys speak of. I have read the last few pages of the thread and I am totally lost. There is chargers, atomizers, batteries, liquids and other various parts I have no clue about. Can someone maybe point me in the right direction for a good "starter kit", good brands and brands to stay away from, maybe a few tips from you seasoned e-cig users I should be aware of. I smoke marlboro lights...about 1/2-3/4 pack a day. I quit about 1 year ago for 2.5 months and had 1 puff of a cig while drinking with my buddies and it was quickly back to square 1. Worst decision of my life to pick up a smoke and its time I do something about it. Any info to help me get started would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
I think the easiest gateway is the starter kit from www.vapor4life.com. Grab the Ultimate Starter Kit for $70, or the Ultimate Ultimatum for $100, and then add some custom flavored cartridges. I would recommend starting out at either 24mg or 18mg.Personally, I use the auto batteries, but I know many here prefer the manual.

You'll want 1-2 cartridges per day (at least I do, but I vape continuously).

That's the easiest way to get started, and while you make the transition, read through this whole thread (it's worth the time), and also check out the e-cig forum for tons more info.

Eventually you'll want to buy juice and blank carts. There are several places to buy juice, including v4l, but for blank carts I would recommend Bloog.
Bump for Binky and PTK.
These codes came out today for vapor4life. 25% off anything under $100 is web25. Anything order ranging from $100 - $165 30% w/ web30 and 40% off anything over using web40.

Hey Wing> I got 120ml of Green Apple for you. It's tasting really good. I imagine it'll be perfect after a few days to a week.
Just sent you funds via PayPal. :)Fantasy Girl - Glad you like it, and I'm also glad its not gonna go to waste. Gee Spot, your juice should be there today or tomorrow.

All of us in this thread were new at this vaping thing a year and a half ago so we all had to experiment. In the end we all would have saved money and hassle if we knew then what we know now. So I'll be happy to provide you with my opinion of what you should get after going through this myself.I've been vaping for about a year and a half now. I'm what you'd consider a light smoker (Camel Lights). I started off with the v4l starter kit and it was fine for a time. But I started getting sick of trying to extend the life of the cartomizers (the thing on top of the battery that holds the juice-looks like the filter of a cigarette) and having to charge those smaller cigarette sized batteries frequently. After more than a year of futzing around with this system I decided to finally upgrade so something I wouldn't have to babysit (for lack of a better word) so much.

I figure if you're going to spend $75.00 on something you may as well spend a little more and get something more substantial that will last longer, give you less hassle and basically make it a more pleasurable experience. If you read through this thread you'd see that vaping has an extremely high success rate as far as people enjoying it and sticking with it, abandoning cigs altogether and not looking back. So the odds are pretty good you'll be the same.

So this is what I have now and what I would recommend. Here is a pic of my setup pic

You can get similar systems elsewhere but everything I'm listing here I got from Volcano.

2 Super Batteries-$19.99 each

2 Tube Tanks-$16.99 each (come with a cartomizer)

3 Bottles of different juices (15ml)-12.99 each (I get nicotine level 16)

6 Cartomizer refills for the tube tanks-2.99 each (I have found that one cartomizer will work really well for about 1 bottle of juice).

1 Battery charger bundle-$13.99

3 Needle tip bottle caps-$1.99 each

The super batteries sit nicely in the hand (whole setup is about 5 inches long). On the top screws in the tank with the cartomizer inside. The cartomizer has a tiny hole in the bottom to wick up the juice. You refill by popping off the top cap, lifting the tank a little and squeezing juice into the tank. This is made much easier with the needle tip bottle cap.

Fully charged the batteries can last me for days (again, light vaping). A big thing for me was having something last through 18 holes of golf when I vape heavily. These do the trick and last well into the evening. Of course, with the tube tank you don't have to refill nearly as much as with just a plain cartomizer. It doesn't leak.

Now to juice. A lot of people love VG juice. I prefer PG juice. VG juice is much thicker than PG juice thus, it will clog up a system like mine much quicker and the wicking action isn't as good. Don't even bother trying to emulate the taste of a real cigarette. All here would be in agreement that trying different flavors is the way to go.

This system would have saved me tons of $$$ and hassle if I had done it from the get-go. Of course, this is just my opinion from my personal experience. People have more complex systems and some even still are fine with the v4l type system. But it seems most upgrade at sometime.
This is what I am talking about ! Awesome advice Cunk - thank you very much! I may send you a PM this weekend with a few questions - appreciate the time taken to go through this. Yeah - I am definitely looking for the quality and convenience, otherwise I would likely just get sick of messing and drop the whole thing.

Just sent you funds via PayPal. :)Fantasy Girl - Glad you like it, and I'm also glad its not gonna go to waste. Gee Spot, your juice should be there today or tomorrow.
Thanks Wingnut, juice got here Saturday. Stronger than what I'm used to but after a few vapes, I like it. Thanks for the extra bonus, looking forward to trying it, also!!

Maybe one of you guys could help me out. I'm still using these regular batteries from V4L that look like a cigarette. They were pretty good for a few months but I just ordered some diamond series XL manual ones and they don't seem to work as good. I'm using them with the tank cartomizers but either the batteries are defective or not powerful enough. It's hit or miss if I get a good vapor or feel the throat hit. I have three batteries and 1 is good but the other two aren't doing it for me. Weird. I'm ready to move on to something more reliable that produces a lot of vapor, last a long time and I guess is more powerful :confused:

I don't want to spend a lot of money. I don't really know what I'm looking for so I don't know what my budget is but I'd like it to be fairly reasonably priced and just a good bang for the buck.

Please tell me the accessories I need to get started. I researched and it's just a lot of stuff I still don't understand

So, whatcha got? :popcorn:

Maybe one of you guys could help me out. I'm still using these regular batteries from V4L that look like a cigarette. They were pretty good for a few months but I just ordered some diamond series XL manual ones and they don't seem to work as good. I'm using them with the tank cartomizers but either the batteries are defective or not powerful enough. It's hit or miss if I get a good vapor or feel the throat hit. I have three batteries and 1 is good but the other two aren't doing it for me. Weird. I'm ready to move on to something more reliable that produces a lot of vapor, last a long time and I guess is more powerful :confused: I don't want to spend a lot of money. I don't really know what I'm looking for so I don't know what my budget is but I'd like it to be fairly reasonably priced and just a good bang for the buck.Please tell me the accessories I need to get started. I researched and it's just a lot of stuff I still don't understandSo, whatcha got? :popcorn:
Get an ego twist starter kit. It should have everything you need. It's brand new technology from a reliable company. I've never used one, but I've heard a lot of great things from respected people. It's variable voltage and very simple.

Maybe one of you guys could help me out. I'm still using these regular batteries from V4L that look like a cigarette. They were pretty good for a few months but I just ordered some diamond series XL manual ones and they don't seem to work as good. I'm using them with the tank cartomizers but either the batteries are defective or not powerful enough. It's hit or miss if I get a good vapor or feel the throat hit. I have three batteries and 1 is good but the other two aren't doing it for me. Weird. I'm ready to move on to something more reliable that produces a lot of vapor, last a long time and I guess is more powerful :confused:

I don't want to spend a lot of money. I don't really know what I'm looking for so I don't know what my budget is but I'd like it to be fairly reasonably priced and just a good bang for the buck.

Please tell me the accessories I need to get started. I researched and it's just a lot of stuff I still don't understand

Get an ego twist starter kit. It should have everything you need. It's brand new technology from a reliable company. I've never used one, but I've heard a lot of great things from respected people. It's variable voltage and very simple.
Thanks TroggI guess the aren't making starter kits for the ego twist yet. Looks promising from reviews and videos though. I'll have to look around to find out what I need

eta: Ok I think I found one. Is this all I need? any extra parts/accessories I should order in case I run out?

My link

Thanks TroggI guess the aren't making starter kits for the ego twist yet. Looks promising from reviews and videos though. I'll have to look around to find out what I need

eta: Ok I think I found one. Is this all I need? any extra parts/accessories I should order in case I run out?

My link
You'll really only need some juice and some extra cartomizers. people rave about the ego dual coil mega cartomizers. They hold like 4ml of juice. If you want something a little smaller and more simple I really like the boge LR cartomizers. They only hold about 1ml of juice, they will cost a lot less. The cartomizers should last you a week or more depending on how you use them. Looks like you can get the boge cartomizers and the ego mega dual coils from the same place.Juice is so subjective. You can try some of Sweet vapes. I've never tried them, but they do have a good reputation. Depending on what you like I can recommend some other vendor. I also DIY some juice so if you would like to try some of my eliquid I can mix you some up.

My link
You'll really only need some juice and some extra cartomizers. people rave about the ego dual coil mega cartomizers. They hold like 4ml of juice. If you want something a little smaller and more simple I really like the boge LR cartomizers. They only hold about 1ml of juice, they will cost a lot less. The cartomizers should last you a week or more depending on how you use them. Looks like you can get the boge cartomizers and the ego mega dual coils from the same place.Juice is so subjective. You can try some of Sweet vapes. I've never tried them, but they do have a good reputation. Depending on what you like I can recommend some other vendor. I also DIY some juice so if you would like to try some of my eliquid I can mix you some up.
I went ahead and bought the ego twist. 2 batteries, clearomizers, and a dual coil cartomizers and a wall charger. I don't think I got the ego mega dual coil though. I went ahead and purchased everything separately from altsmoke.com and it was cheaper than the kit so I got extra clearomizers. I will definitely do a short review after it arrives. It might not be the best review since the only other experience is with the V4L products but I can give it a try.

As for my juice, I've found a few I like and all of them come from vapor 4 life, Gunslinger is by far my favorite with WOW coffee second. I like watermelon, grape and menthol too. Haven't tried that many other flavors. I use 24mg with all my juice. What flavors do you make with the DIY juice. I'll take a bottle of whatever batch you recommend because really I haven't tried out too many flavors. I'd reimburse you for cost of product/shipping as well

My biggest issue so far is the lack of that throat feeling like when you smoke a cigarette.
Throat hit is my big need too. I highly recommend the Bananas Foster and Red Energy premium juices at V4L. 18 mgs delivers a pretty good punch and I'd imagine 24 would be even stronger. Also I found the 24/18 Coffee flavor cartomizers at V4L to be super strong, but less so for the coffee juice liquid they sell.

My biggest issue so far is the lack of that throat feeling like when you smoke a cigarette.
Throat hit is my big need too. I highly recommend the Bananas Foster and Red Energy premium juices at V4L. 18 mgs delivers a pretty good punch and I'd imagine 24 would be even stronger. Also I found the 24/18 Coffee flavor cartomizers at V4L to be super strong, but less so for the coffee juice liquid they sell.
Yeah I noticed that with the cartomizers and juice also from V4L. Even the taste is different

My link
I went ahead and bought the ego twist. 2 batteries, clearomizers, and a dual coil cartomizers and a wall charger. I don't think I got the ego mega dual coil though. I went ahead and purchased everything separately from altsmoke.com and it was cheaper than the kit so I got extra clearomizers. I will definitely do a short review after it arrives. It might not be the best review since the only other experience is with the V4L products but I can give it a try.

As for my juice, I've found a few I like and all of them come from vapor 4 life, Gunslinger is by far my favorite with WOW coffee second. I like watermelon, grape and menthol too. Haven't tried that many other flavors. I use 24mg with all my juice. What flavors do you make with the DIY juice. I'll take a bottle of whatever batch you recommend because really I haven't tried out too many flavors. I'd reimburse you for cost of product/shipping as well
Right now I'm hooked on my butterscotch. I also make a good grape, Hawaiian Punch or Green Apple. I like the fruity flavors with menthol. I have mixed some other flavors like Mt Dew, Hazelnut, chocolate or vanilla tobacco,

'trogg78 said:
'DesertDawg said:
'trogg78 said:
'DesertDawg said:
'trogg78 said:
'DesertDawg said:

My link

Right now I'm hooked on my butterscotch. I also make a good grape, Hawaiian Punch or Green Apple. I like the fruity flavors with menthol. I have mixed some other flavors like Mt Dew, Hazelnut, chocolate or vanilla tobacco,
The grape and apple sound good to me. PM me your paypal and how much and I'll get that over to you when you make a batch or if you have some already made. I'm hoping to have my ego twist here by wednesday or thursday but still have a bottle of gunslinger and coffee to hold me over

'trogg78 said:
'DesertDawg said:
'trogg78 said:
'DesertDawg said:
'trogg78 said:
'DesertDawg said:

My link

The grape and apple sound good to me. PM me your paypal and how much and I'll get that over to you when you make a batch or if you have some already made. I'm hoping to have my ego twist here by wednesday or thursday but still have a bottle of gunslinger and coffee to hold me over
:blackdot:

My link

:blackdot:
PM sent Trogg

So the eGo Twist arrived and it's a big improvement from my standard cigarette looking batteries I've been using for the last 7 months or so. Every draw is consistent/powerful and gives me good amount of vapor. The taste from the juice is also stronger and tastier.

These eGo twist batteries are the same amount of money than my V4L XL manual batteries but much more reliable so far. Also the charge last forever. You can take a full charged eGo Twist and be vaping with it all day. My V4L batteries I'd use sparingly if I knew I'd be out all day without another battery/charger on me.

Also, thanks to Trogg I've been enjoying his apple menthol and grape punch juice for the last coupe days. Great change from my normal flavors I've been using. Everyone could use a little sweetness when they tape and I was missing out on that for a few months.

Well there's my review. I'd highly recommend these things if the hassle of charging and refilling cartos gets to be a PITA.

Thanks to all who contributed to this thread. If it wasn't for this thread I would of never gave these things a shot :thumbup:

I just picked up an eGo twist battery yesterday based on the discussion here from trogg & Dawg. Not really all that impressed yet--but the one I got was on display and probably not a fresh charge so I've got it charging up now. Coupla disclaimers and comments:

I've been using the eGo-T since starting electronics though I haven't been even vaping much for months, so I simply got the battery to see what difference it would bake with my type A tank. I didn't get the clearomizer because I wanted to make the direct comparison and because the woman running that kiosk said that you have to be careful not to turn them over lest they leak.

I do have the advantage of a local dealer,and we've been comparing notes for a couple months now. She said for what I was looking for she actually preferred the enhanced mA100 battery, which runs at the 4.0mA power, as compared to the eGo 3.2 plus or minus. She also said that her supplier recommend NOT using this battery at 4.6mA because it would get too hot/burn out the cartridge/something I don't remember and didn't pay any mind to.

When I tried it for awhile earlier I only did a few hits at 4.6 and the rest at 4.0mA. Not too many. IT GOT HOT!! Seemed a little easier to draw but I really didn't notice any difference in vapor at all. FTR--I use the Wicked Vapors, which I think are a little thicker than others, at a 70/30 PG/VG ratio.

eta: Don't get me wrong Dawg--I started with the eGo-T and it was hugely effective in my quitting smoking. Haven't smoked a cigaret since April 2011 after 40 years at 2+ packs/day. Haven't even been using the electronics much for maybe 5 or 6 months and went to 0nic before that. I'm a big fan of the system and hope it works as well for you as it has for me.

There's two types of us vapers as I see it. Those who purely want to stop the smoking, and those who learn to appreciate the art of vaping in and of itself. We're winning the war either way in my estimation, and I intend to keep a working set on hand for insurance for ever. :cool:

Nice! 40 years @ 2 pack a day to quit is a huge accomplishment.

As for my review I should of also made a disclaimer for only using the V4L manual batteries. I don't have any experience in using any other batteries, so I can't compare it to any others but the eGo Twist is a huge improvement over those v4l batts I've been using. I'm still at 24mg and haven't really tried anything lower but hope to ween myself down as time goes by

Just got a 3.5ml dual coil tank from V4L and am using it with a manual Diamond Series battery. Holy smokes vapes, the TH, vapor and flavor from this thing is incredible. I am done with regular cartomizers. Trogg's Green Apple juice is amazing in this tank. I may ask him to make a gallon of it for me :D

I watched a youtube video on how to fill it properly, as the instructions on V4L's site are pretty weak, but its pretty simple and doesnt appear to leak at all. So far so good.

The tank does NOT work with the older V4L batteries with the faux ash tip, so if you go this route, get the batteries with the diamond tips (works with VGO as well). Also, its not recommended for use with auto batteries, and after trying both auto and manual, it DOES work with autos, but doesnt pack nearly as much punch as it does with the manuals.

Im hoping a full tank (well, about 3/4 full) will last me a whole day or more, we shall see over the course of the next few days.

:mellow: HUGE thread and a lot of information that went well over my head. I picked up a blu at walgreens on July 3rd and haven't had a regular cigarette since. I did buy another blu, and still have it. Used to be at 3/4 PAD Marlboro Light, and these E-Cigs helps. Still not 100% sold on the taste...

Great information in here guys, maybe I'll get something a little bit more serious.

For the people who've been at this for a while, what's your go-to cartomizer and atomizer these days?

I like the Boge 3.0's in my tanks, but I find them to be very inconsistent.

For the people who've been at this for a while, what's your go-to cartomizer and atomizer these days? I like the Boge 3.0's in my tanks, but I find them to be very inconsistent.
My go to atomizer has been the Ikenvape I06 atomizer 3.5 ohms at 6 volts. As soon as the site opens back up I want to try the LR I06. For cartomizers I've pretty much stuck with Boge's 3.0 ohm on my 5 volt box and the LR at 3.7 volts on my silver bullet.

For the people who've been at this for a while, what's your go-to cartomizer and atomizer these days? I like the Boge 3.0's in my tanks, but I find them to be very inconsistent.
Still use Bloog MaxxFusion cartos at work on my 808s and either 2.5 or 3.0 Cisco 306s exclusively on my Kicked REO Grand.

Still use Bloog MaxxFusion cartos at work on my 808s and either 2.5 or 3.0 Cisco 306s exclusively on my Kicked REO Grand.
Look at you! You got a kick. I had bought two of them. Had sold one a couple weeks ago and just sold the other yesterday. They worked great, but they kept breaking on my silver bullet. Evolv was great at replacing them but after sending them in 4 times I had enough. My silver bullet must not like them.

'trogg78 said:
'Evilgrin 72 said:
'Gadabout said:
Look at you! You got a kick. I had bought two of them. Had sold one a couple weeks ago and just sold the other yesterday. They worked great, but they kept breaking on my silver bullet. Evolv was great at replacing them but after sending them in 4 times I had enough. My silver bullet must not like them.
I'd been using my brother's and loved it, so I bought one. Got a little doohickey called a "Kick-stand" that some dude made to use it in REO mods for $5. Slides in and out easily, holds the Kick in place so it gets good contact with the battery/firing pin. Sanded off a tiny spot of anodizing on the inside of the mod to get the contact with the Kick, works great - almost never loses contact (a quick battery spin is sufficient if it does), and no wires hanging inside the mod. Clean, clean, clean 10 watt blasting action.

My go to atomizer has been the Ikenvape I06 atomizer 3.5 ohms at 6 volts. As soon as the site opens back up I want to try the LR I06. For cartomizers I've pretty much stuck with Boge's 3.0 ohm on my 5 volt box and the LR at 3.7 volts on my silver bullet.
I've been wanting to get some IKV stuff, but each time I go to their site, they're down for maintenance or some other crap. Since getting a Provari, I'm ready to explore all options.

Picked up a clearomizer this evening to go with the eGo Twist. Dual wicks makes the difference. :thumbup:

I hadn't really noticed that much improvement just switching to the Twist battery with my original tanks so it was a real pleasure not having to work it so hard for a fuller smoke. I couldn't tell that much difference between levels before either but now the 4.0v over 3.2 definitely stands out. I still find 4.8 to be a little hot for my tastes.

Users who are viewing this thread