Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Electronic Cigarettes

(HULK)

Picked up a clearomizer this evening to go with the eGo Twist. Dual wicks makes the difference. :thumbup:

I hadn't really noticed that much improvement just switching to the Twist battery with my original tanks so it was a real pleasure not having to work it so hard for a fuller smoke. I couldn't tell that much difference between levels before either but now the 4.0v over 3.2 definitely stands out. I still find 4.8 to be a little hot for my tastes.

I recently got these which were a big improvement over the first generation. They don't leak a drop and you can buy replacement atomizers for like $1.50 instead of replacing the whole clearomizer.

And kudos to whoever first recommended the Twist. Finally got me off V4L and I couldn't be happier. Works great and not nearly as expensive as most of the other mods.

Vape on dudes!

That would be trogg and DesertDawg I believe. Thanks for this link. My clearomizer burnt out pretty quick, and I went by to see about replacing it but the person I work with wasn't there so I'm using the old tanks in the meantime. Battery's a definite winner though.

Turned a friend of mine onto the new system and she's finally quit!! I was really bummed when my clearomizer burned out so quick but hers is holding well heading into week 4 right now and she's at the "Gotta Quit" point so it's good we've got a local dealer for immediate repairs if necessary. This system gives a better throat hit which I think I was missing before--but I think the liquids I like are also milder than others and partly to blame for that.

Picked up a clearomizer this evening to go with the eGo Twist. Dual wicks makes the difference. :thumbup:

I hadn't really noticed that much improvement just switching to the Twist battery with my original tanks so it was a real pleasure not having to work it so hard for a fuller smoke. I couldn't tell that much difference between levels before either but now the 4.0v over 3.2 definitely stands out. I still find 4.8 to be a little hot for my tastes.

I recently got these which were a big improvement over the first generation. They don't leak a drop and you can buy replacement atomizers for like $1.50 instead of replacing the whole clearomizer.

And kudos to whoever first recommended the Twist. Finally got me off V4L and I couldn't be happier. Works great and not nearly as expensive as most of the other mods.

Vape on dudes!

That would be trogg and DesertDawg I believe. Thanks for this link. My clearomizer burnt out pretty quick, and I went by to see about replacing it but the person I work with wasn't there so I'm using the old tanks in the meantime. Battery's a definite winner though.

Turned a friend of mine onto the new system and she's finally quit!! I was really bummed when my clearomizer burned out so quick but hers is holding well heading into week 4 right now and she's at the "Gotta Quit" point so it's good we've got a local dealer for immediate repairs if necessary. This system gives a better throat hit which I think I was missing before--but I think the liquids I like are also milder than others and partly to blame for that.

If you're ever stuck without a fresh tank a simple cleaning is all it takes to tide you over until your new supplies come in the mail, or you may even find you can hold off all together ordering new clearomizers. It's pretty much like a fresh clearomizer. Not sure how many times you could do this but you can save a few bucks here and there with this method. I tried this method and I couldn't tell the difference between a brand new one and the old one I cleaned. I even used different juice flavor.

• 2 weeks later...

Has anyone tried the new V4L tank cartos? Apologies I don;t have time to dig through the thread, but anyone have good/bad experience, and can you advise which type of battery is used (think I read titan?), Thanks!

BTW- wheel of fortune sale today.

Has anyone tried the new V4L tank cartos? Apologies I don;t have time to dig through the thread, but anyone have good/bad experience, and can you advise which type of battery is used (think I read titan?), Thanks!BTW- wheel of fortune sale today.

I just ordered new carts for my 3.5ml tank, I love the thing. Worth trying out. They work with any diamond series and titan battery, manuals of course work better. I'm not a fan of the new Titan battery design, I ordered one and sent it back, but I only tried the auto so the manuals may be better.The first tank carto I had lasted about 2 weeks before it started turning the juice dark. Up until that point it was flavor and TH galore. So now I just get replacement tank cartos at $2.85 each and get a couple weeks of use out of each one before I toss em. Edited by Wingnut

Has anyone tried the new V4L tank cartos? Apologies I don;t have time to dig through the thread, but anyone have good/bad experience, and can you advise which type of battery is used (think I read titan?), Thanks!BTW- wheel of fortune sale today.

I just ordered new carts for my 3.5ml tank, I love the thing. Worth trying out. They work with any diamond series and titan battery, manuals of course work better. I'm not a fan of the new Titan battery design, I ordered one and sent it back, but I only tried the auto so the manuals may be better.The first tank carto I had lasted about 2 weeks before it started turning the juice dark. Up until that point it was flavor and TH galore. So now I just get replacement tank cartos at $2.85 each and get a couple weeks of use out of each one before I toss em.
Looking at the pictures on v4l these seem exactly like the tube tank I got from volcano. Best vaping decision I've made yet. The kind of juice (pg/vg ratio) definitely make a big difference on the life of the cartos. I prefer pg juices in them.

• 3 weeks later...

So, give me some good juice recommendations. The last couple times I've been ordering from Mister E-liquid. My favorite place to get my juice...but then again I've only tried a couple places since I started vaping.

I'll recommend Mister E-Liquid's "Grey Matter". Can't quite put my finger on the flavors and the description of it keeps you guessing also. It is very good though. Good throat hit, vapor and flavor. Also "Green Dragon" is good as well. I just ordered these two flavors today. The first time I ordered little bottles as testers and immediately wish I ordered the bigger bottles.

I've also tried their "bubblegum" flavor. Did taste about as close to bubblegum as a juice can get and it was pretty good but got tired of it and didn't re-order it.

"Green Van"- good flavor of wintergreen and Vanilla, hence the name. More wintergreen than vanilla.

All the juice I got was 18mg nicotine and 33% VG custom blend

I'm looking for a good coffee flavor. If any of you have a favorite let me know

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

New to the thread, but I've been following it for a while. I've been on the V4L stick type batteries for over a year and finally decided to move on up, so I ordered the V4L Ego kit, which just came today. All I gotta say is anyone using the old cigarette style skinny batteries - run, dont walk, to your PC and order an Ego kit. Night and day difference.

The 5ml mega carto they come with seem ok (GREAT TH and vapor, but Im curious to see how long a 5ml carto will last), but I've been using the 3.5ml tanks for a few months and love them. My only gripe about using the tanks with the Ego is the Egos have an 808 thread, which creates about a 1/4 inch gap between the tank and the PV, which looks kind of cheesy. With the mega cartos it's not an issue since they were designed to use with the Ego, while the tanks were designed for the skinny batteries.

Overall really pleased with my purchase. For some reason, V4L only sells the Ego batteries in kits with s charger, so you cant order them separately. So I waited for a nice sale and doubled up on the kits so I have 2 batteries and 2 chargers.

Pics of the Ego with tank vs the mega carto:

http://img585.imageshack.us/img585/9414/ego2.jpg

http://img651.imageshack.us/img651/3139/ego1.jpg

New to the thread, but I've been following it for a while. I've been on the V4L stick type batteries for over a year and finally decided to move on up, so I ordered the V4L Ego kit, which just came today. All I gotta say is anyone using the old cigarette style skinny batteries - run, dont walk, to your PC and order an Ego kit. Night and day difference. The 5ml mega carto they come with seem ok (GREAT TH and vapor, but Im curious to see how long a 5ml carto will last), but I've been using the 3.5ml tanks for a few months and love them. My only gripe about using the tanks with the Ego is the Egos have an 808 thread, which creates about a 1/4 inch gap between the tank and the PV, which looks kind of cheesy. With the mega cartos it's not an issue since they were designed to use with the Ego, while the tanks were designed for the skinny batteries.Overall really pleased with my purchase. For some reason, V4L only sells the Ego batteries in kits with s charger, so you cant order them separately. So I waited for a nice sale and doubled up on the kits so I have 2 batteries and 2 chargers.Pics of the Ego with tank vs the mega carto:http://img585.imageshack.us/img585/9414/ego2.jpghttp://img651.imageshack.us/img651/3139/ego1.jpg

Get an ego cone to cover your threads with the tank. They have chrome ones at madvapes for $1.50. Will look much better.

New to the thread, but I've been following it for a while. I've been on the V4L stick type batteries for over a year and finally decided to move on up, so I ordered the V4L Ego kit, which just came today. All I gotta say is anyone using the old cigarette style skinny batteries - run, dont walk, to your PC and order an Ego kit. Night and day difference. The 5ml mega carto they come with seem ok (GREAT TH and vapor, but Im curious to see how long a 5ml carto will last), but I've been using the 3.5ml tanks for a few months and love them. My only gripe about using the tanks with the Ego is the Egos have an 808 thread, which creates about a 1/4 inch gap between the tank and the PV, which looks kind of cheesy. With the mega cartos it's not an issue since they were designed to use with the Ego, while the tanks were designed for the skinny batteries.Overall really pleased with my purchase. For some reason, V4L only sells the Ego batteries in kits with s charger, so you cant order them separately. So I waited for a nice sale and doubled up on the kits so I have 2 batteries and 2 chargers.Pics of the Ego with tank vs the mega carto:http://img585.imageshack.us/img585/9414/ego2.jpghttp://img651.imageshack.us/img651/3139/ego1.jpg

Get an ego cone to cover your threads with the tank. They have chrome ones at madvapes for $1.50. Will look much better.
Dude. Perfect. Just what I was looking for. Thanks!

Well, I went with the V4L 3.5 ml tanks and was not disappointed. Oddly, the first cart that arrived with the tank worked with all of my batteries, but my reorder of dual coil refill carts only worked with titanium bats and my lone VK XL stealth battery. Very odd. I'm wondering if they sent a single coil with my original tank order (even though product description said dual coil) and maybe regular VK XLs work on the single coil(?)

I will say I did not experience 2 weeks of cartomizer life like Wingnut... 4-5 days tops for me with Red Energy/Bananas Foster and 2 mere days with my Vanilla Mocha Frappe juice (which I've found to clog up Bloog carts also long before other juices). I'm getting occasional leakage from the base of the cartomizer into the battery and I'm not sure of the cause. Seems to happen more with an aged cart than fresh one. Finally, I did have one refill that was not letting juice in, but I seem to have fixed it rotating the innerds of the cart using a standard screw driver to the slotted base... just rotating 45 degrees. Worked fine after that. However, I fully agree that the power is night/day compared to normal carts. I actually stepped down to 11 mg Wow Red Energy and it hit like 18. I'm hopeful to test step down on other flavors also. It does use up batteries quickly though... maybe 2 hours tops of battery life if I'm blasting away. Definitely need to rotate batteries quicker with these tanks, a bit of a challenge on some days since it takes longer to recharge than use up.

On flavors, I'm currently at code critical given V4L's failure to restock *any* Bananas Foster juice. I've exchanged PMs with their stock guy, who assures me it is on order and not discontinued, but it's no longer listed on their website at all. I had bought 8 bottles of the 24 mg when they ran out of 18 mg, and I'm down to 3 of those. I don't know how you guys handle this, but it's the one go-to flavor I've used the past 20 months and I'm an extreme on habitual. It's sort of how I would have felt if stores stopped selling Camel Lights back when I was a smoker. I tried Tasty Vapors bananas foster and while the taste was pleasant, it had no kick to it.

I really need to find a new juice asafp and I'm wide open to suggestions even if it is a non-V4L brand. I know flavor preference is highly subjective but here's what I'm looking for: Some 18 mg that has a strong TH (comparable to BF/Red Energy) but it has to have some substance to it. I'm not a fan of the flavors that are just a piercing TH and no substance (coffee, Irish Creme). Suggestions would be great... much appreciated.

Edited by BigJim®

Welp theose dont work with the V4L Ego. The bottom threads (the exposed threads in the gap between the button and tank) arent universal, I think V4L designed them for something specific they have in mind and theres not currently a collar that fits. One of the Mods at the V4L forum are working on making/producing one right now.

Wow... been a while since I saw this freakin thread!

I'm still using my Notcigs Buzz units, two of them, still working fine 18 months later. IkenVape really got me po'd with all his excuses and down time, I've been using vGo megas and while I have a failure rate of bad cartos of about 10%, at least when I need them, I order them, and I get them.

As for the storm... what a PITA. I was sitting in my truck at least 8 hours a day using my V4L bypass unit with the cigarette lighter. I was able to occassionaly recharge my batteries down the block at a neightbor's house. Glad I was able to find that V4L bypass... a life saver. I still use V4L juice... I'm past experimenting and have settled in.

I have not had a single puff of a stinky since I quit, maybe on page 22 or something? LOL... last Feb 22, 2011.

Funny... even tho I was struggling to find a way to vape with no power, it never even entered my mind to buy a pack of smokes. Didn't even realize that until this moment.

I've been reticent to lower either the amount I vape or dropping down from 36mg juice. Might be time for another challenge.

Welp theose dont work with the V4L Ego. The bottom threads (the exposed threads in the gap between the button and tank) arent universal, I think V4L designed them for something specific they have in mind and theres not currently a collar that fits. One of the Mods at the V4L forum are working on making/producing one right now.
Sorry bro. Thought it was standard ego.

• 2 weeks later...

I saw a commericial for Blu Cigs last night. I guess advertising is legal now. It starred Steven Dorf, lol.

Anyways, it said now at retailers so I looked, and yup, its all over the place. Mostly gas stations. When did that happen?

Anyone try Blu before? Good or bad?

I've still yet to see anyone blasting away on one of these things in public.

In the last month I've seen probably 10 people vaping in public. Last night alone I saw a dude next to me at a red light using one, then an hour later at a bar a girl was hitting hers and showing the bartender how it works.

I saw a commericial for Blu Cigs last night. I guess advertising is legal now. It starred Steven Dorf, lol.Anyways, it said now at retailers so I looked, and yup, its all over the place. Mostly gas stations. When did that happen?Anyone try Blu before? Good or bad?

You dont really want to go with those types of ecigs, some of them have proprietary cartridges that are not universal, which means you're on the hook for their prices and flavors. Always go with a universal threaded battery like a standard 808 or 510. Many people who try the Blu, etc wont stick with it because they won't ever know about the myriad of flavors out there, and the key is finding a flavor that works for you.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Taking mods to an entirely new level...

Only problem with this thing is you could NEVER take it out in public, but mother of God....

:lmao:

That thing takes blasting away to a whole new level...on the plus side, it can be used as a weapon.

:lol: Yep, with this, you're legitimately blasting away. I get funny looks if I pull out the REO Grand in public, I can't even fathom what people would think of this monster.

From gleaming through this thread I think I want to give one of the V4L products a shot. Any recommendations in regards to the starter kits:

Vapor Titan

Original Vapor King

Classic VK

I was leaning towards the Vapor Titan Ultimate Kit. Is that the newest most refined model?

I'm not a hardcore smoker. Just need something to puff on when I'm boozing or at the end of a particularly long day.

Found this guy's review pretty informative for someone completely new to this and finding it a bit difficult where to start.

Edited by Daywalker

• 2 weeks later...

So today is February 10... There were quite a few FBGs who took up the E-Cigs on this day 2 years ago.How many of the 210ers are still with it?Me, I went 16 months without a puff of a real cigarette. I felt great. Breathing was easy. Exercise didn't take my wind. I could go on and on about the benefits.Then we had some people over on Memorial day 2012. I was so confident of my ability to not get back into the nicotine thing that I bummed a smoke. Bad ####### idea. Within an hour of having a cigarette I was at the store getting a box of my own smokes. ####!!!! I didn't stop. Until now.Today I renew my pledge to myself to quit the ###damn things. I congratulate those of you who have stayed with it and stayed strong!!! I'm truly sorry I'm not one of you.But I will be again.

Edited by SteevieG

From gleaming through this thread I think I want to give one of the V4L products a shot. Any recommendations in regards to the starter kits:Vapor TitanOriginal Vapor KingClassic VK

I'd go Vapor Titan XL. That's the batteries I've been going with since I started the 3.5ml tanks. The Titans are more expensive, but in my limited experience (4 batteries) they are far more consistent from a quality standpoint compared to Vapor King XLs. I've had some VK XL's that last for months and don;t miss a beat, and others that seemed wimpy right from the first charge. Plus, with Titans you can use both cartomizers or the tank.

So today is February 10... There were quite a few FBGs who took up the E-Cigs on this day 2 years ago.How many of the 210ers are still with it?Me, I went 16 months without a puff of a real cigarette. I felt great. Breathing was easy. Exercise didn't take my wind. I could go on and on about the benefits.Then we had some people over on Memorial day 2012. I was so confident of my ability to not get back into the nicotine thing that I bummed a smoke. Bad ####### idea. Within an hour of having a cigarette I was at the store getting a box of my own smokes. ####!!!! I didn't stop. Until now.Today I renew my pledge to myself to quit the ###damn things. I congratulate those of you who have stayed with it and stayed strong!!! I'm truly sorry I'm not one of you.But I will be again.

Your experience sort of surprises me. I'm also one of the 2/2011ers and don't even feel tempted by cigarettes. Went to several guy weekends over the past year, and an ice fishing outing a couple weeks ago, I was perfectly content being around smokers with my ecig. I know everyone is different though, so don't beat yourself up... the upside is you know this stuff can replace cigs. I'm on the V4L 3.5ml tank system for the most part because it is superior to any brand of cartomizer I've used in terms of consistent strong performance. It's much better flavor and stronger hit, and I just change out the tank carto every couple days when pulls get difficult. Only trick I had to learn experimenting with the tank system is the 2 seep holes in the cartomizers have to be helped with a safety pin/small paper clip. I tossed a bunch of carto refills at first when they didn't allow fluid in (no bubbles) and just gave a burn taste. Seemed like around half the time I put a new one in I had that issue, so now I repoke those holes right out of the wrapper and all is good. I still use Bloog cartos occasionally when I am away and need longer battery life, but cartomizers don't give the same taste and my 2 go-to fluids (Bananas Foster/Red Energy) gunk up cartomizers too fast for my liking. Cartomizers just seemed to decrease in performance after topping off a couple times. Cartomizers deliver too brief a strong performance, and too long a death.

From gleaming through this thread I think I want to give one of the V4L products a shot. Any recommendations in regards to the starter kits:Vapor TitanOriginal Vapor KingClassic VK

I'd go Vapor Titan XL. That's the batteries I've been going with since I started the 3.5ml tanks. The Titans are more expensive, but in my limited experience (4 batteries) they are far more consistent from a quality standpoint compared to Vapor King XLs. I've had some VK XL's that last for months and don;t miss a beat, and others that seemed wimpy right from the first charge. Plus, with Titans you can use both cartomizers or the tank.
BigJim, I HIGHLY recommend you try the V4L Ego batteries. They blow away the stick batteries in every way. The only negative is you have to order a batt and slim charger together (can't order a stand alone batt). I ordered 2 so I have 2 chargers and 2 batteries. Best vape decision I've made in a while as far as hardware.They do take a long time to charge, but if you charge them while you sleep, I guarantee you won't run both dead in a day no matter how heavy you vape.

Still blasting away after 2 years. So glad I got the tank system. Haven had as much as a puff off a real cig in quite a long time. I can't believe I used to smoke cigs. Yeah, I guess it would be perfect if I didn't vape at all but hey, I'm happy where I'm at. And it's so convenient.

Still blasting away after 2 years. So glad I got the tank system. Haven had as much as a puff off a real cig in quite a long time. I can't believe I used to smoke cigs. Yeah, I guess it would be perfect if I didn't vape at all but hey, I'm happy where I'm at. And it's so convenient.

Cunk - you still have the same set up you recommended last summer? I still haven't made the leap and am reconsidering again. Still extremely confused. Seems like a huge PITA to manage.

I've been having excellent results with the Ego-T USB Pass through, along with the ego 510 dual tank cartos. Great vapor, they last awhile, and let me blast away all day with limited refills.

I wish I knew more about the electronics of USB. I remember hearing the Iken vendor had ruined his PC using passthrough and I've not ventured beyond regular carts. I've also wondered whether you could fry the chip in a car.

I've been having excellent results with the Ego-T USB Pass through, along with the ego 510 dual tank cartos. Great vapor, they last awhile, and let me blast away all day with limited refills.

I wish I knew more about the electronics of USB. I remember hearing the Iken vendor had ruined his PC using passthrough and I've not ventured beyond regular carts. I've also wondered whether you could fry the chip in a car.
I also heard stories about them ruining PCs. I have one I got with my starter kit a long time ago but haven't used it for that reason

I also heard stories about them ruining PCs. I have one I got with my starter kit a long time ago but haven't used it for that reason
I had the same concern with passthroughs but found they work real well plugged into the car or truck outlets.

So today is February 10... There were quite a few FBGs who took up the E-Cigs on this day 2 years ago.

How many of the 210ers are still with it?

Me, I went 16 months without a puff of a real cigarette. I felt great. Breathing was easy. Exercise didn't take my wind. I could go on and on about the benefits.

Then we had some people over on Memorial day 2012. I was so confident of my ability to not get back into the nicotine thing that I bummed a smoke. Bad ####### idea. Within an hour of having a cigarette I was at the store getting a box of my own smokes. ####!!!!

I didn't stop. Until now.

Today I renew my pledge to myself to quit the ###damn things.

I congratulate those of you who have stayed with it and stayed strong!!! I'm truly sorry I'm not one of you.

But I will be again.

Your experience sort of surprises me. I'm also one of the 2/2011ers and don't even feel tempted by cigarettes. Went to several guy weekends over the past year, and an ice fishing outing a couple weeks ago, I was perfectly content being around smokers with my ecig. I know everyone is different though, so don't beat yourself up... the upside is you know this stuff can replace cigs.

I'm on the V4L 3.5ml tank system for the most part because it is superior to any brand of cartomizer I've used in terms of consistent strong performance. It's much better flavor and stronger hit, and I just change out the tank carto every couple days when pulls get difficult. Only trick I had to learn experimenting with the tank system is the 2 seep holes in the cartomizers have to be helped with a safety pin/small paper clip. I tossed a bunch of carto refills at first when they didn't allow fluid in (no bubbles) and just gave a burn taste. Seemed like around half the time I put a new one in I had that issue, so now I repoke those holes right out of the wrapper and all is good. I still use Bloog cartos occasionally when I am away and need longer battery life, but cartomizers don't give the same taste and my 2 go-to fluids (Bananas Foster/Red Energy) gunk up cartomizers too fast for my liking. Cartomizers just seemed to decrease in performance after topping off a couple times. Cartomizers deliver too brief a strong performance, and too long a death.

Is THIS what you're using? Do you just use them with the normal VK manual batteries? $12.50 is kind of steep, though with all the specials they run I'm guessing they can be as $7.50 or so if you catch them at the right time.

So, they aren't cartos? How do they work?

I had the same concern with passthroughs but found they work real well plugged into the car or truck outlets.
:shrug: I've used various USB pass throughs, starting with Bloog's version, in both the car and on my comp, with the only issue being that the one converter I got from V4L kept blowing out the fuse for my car's cig lighter. Now I just use a phone charger, with no converter.

2/2 was 2 years for me and other than the experimental once-a-week cigarette I had for the first couple of weeks, I haven't had one since 2/2/11.I use the Bloog sporadically in my office during the day and the REO Grand at night. In fact, I'm sort of known around town for the REO - when I walk into certain bars, the bartenders will say things like : "Here he is ! Where's your detonator?" Whenever people see it the first time, they ask me what it is and I tell them it's a thermal detonator. A few fellow nerds get the reference, the rest call it "the detonator" from that point forward.I can't imagine what they'd say if they saw that beast I linked to on the last page.

Cunk - you still have the same set up you recommended last summer? I still haven't made the leap and am reconsidering again. Still extremely confused. Seems like a huge PITA to manage.
Yes, still the same setup. It's not a pain at all. That's why I got this system. Typing out what you have to do makes it seem more complicated than it really is. For the most part I just pop open a cap, pour e-juice in the tank, pop the cap back on and blast away. And this is just only every few days. I have 3 batteries so I just switch them out when necessary. Edited by Cunk

BigJim, I HIGHLY recommend you try the V4L Ego batteries. They blow away the stick batteries in every way. The only negative is you have to order a batt and slim charger together (can't order a stand alone batt). I ordered 2 so I have 2 chargers and 2 batteries. Best vape decision I've made in a while as far as hardware.They do take a long time to charge, but if you charge them while you sleep, I guarantee you won't run both dead in a day no matter how heavy you vape.

Definitely checking into this. Thanks for the tip!

I think around Christmas time was a year for me. Couldn't pay me to touch a real cig. I had actually stopped using the e-cigs for about two months but during those two months I managed to have a few guy days and golf outings where cigars are a requirement and while they gave me a massive headache - in a good way - I felt myself wanting tobacco again. But still, didn't even think about getting a cigarette, just bought another pack of e-cigs and have been doing fine.I actually just purchased one of those blu packages to try them out. Been using the cheap ones and don't get nearly as technical or advances as many of you. And they have been working fine. Got the blu package because of the battery system and charging system that appears to fit my schedule and time away from an outlet pretty well. We'll see. I don't need anything outrageous, just something to take the edge off. Frankly, I'm kicking myself for not doing it sooner. When the kids go to bed, and I'm having a veg nite on the sofa to decompress, I can just smoke while watching TV or playing XBox. Wife even sits next to me and doesn't even really notice or care. That is worth everything. Couldn't imagine having to sneak outside ever again.

Definitely checking into this. Thanks for the tip!
I use basically the same thing from Volcano. You can order the batteries alone there just fyi.

Is THIS what you're using? Do you just use them with the normal VK manual batteries? $12.50 is kind of steep, though with all the specials they run I'm guessing they can be as $7.50 or so if you catch them at the right time. So, they aren't cartos? How do they work?

Yes, that's what I use. You'll need to upgrade to the Titan batteries for these, as the classic VK's aren't strong enough for them. For no apparent reason, I've actually had a couple of my older VK XL's function with the tank, but most of my VKs do not. I think it is the 1.5 ohms on the dual coil cart that use a lot of power. And sounds like Wingnut is recommending the V4L Ego over Titan Batteries (I haven't tried Ego but will look into it). See the tutorial on the 3.5 ml tanks I linked in post 2359. ETA: And to get more specific on my experience: Using Bananas Foster premium juice, I get fresh cart performance for around 1 day, and then day 2 it's a little stuffier pull but better taste than an old cartomizer, and I change out after 1.5-2 days. Not bad, since BF juice totally gunks up Bloog carts after 1 day for me and 'new cart' performance is around 6 hours. For Red Energy, I'm on day 3 of cartomizer use and still have new cartomizer taste/pulls. No burnt taste to speak of. 3 full days has been pretty standard for Red Energy, compared to 1.5 days with a Bloog cart. So basically, much longer 'new cart' performance/taste and shorter tail to the dying cart. Edited by BigJim®