What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Electronic Cigarettes (2 Viewers)

This stuff has passed me by it seems. I'm still using my old VK long manual batteries with Cool Carts.
Yeah, I probably should have just linked to the youtube clip rather than describing. It's not as difficult as my description might suggest. Here's a good demo of the 3.5 ml tank system.

Last edited by a moderator:
This stuff has passed me by it seems. I'm still using my old VK long manual batteries with Cool Carts.I'm looking at V4L site and don't see the Ego - Is it the Dial-a Volt?
Nope, on the V4L site go to mods and look for the Ego kit w/1 battery, a charger and a Mega cart. Price is about $25 which is decent for a batt and a charger, but wait for a sale.Jim, I make my own juice now (green apple), and I get AT LEAST a week out of a tank carto. Clear juice seems to be the ticket.

Also...SteevieG, the tank is about $12 but it will last you a year or more. The carts that you use with the tanks are much like the regular cartos - you will get anywhere from a couple days to a couple weeks use of each one depending on juice and how much you vape. The tank carts are almost $3 each, but like always just wait for a good sale and stock up.If I had to start all over again, I'd go with the ego/tank system.

BigJim, I HIGHLY recommend you try the V4L Ego batteries. They blow away the stick batteries in every way. The only negative is you have to order a batt and slim charger together (can't order a stand alone batt). I ordered 2 so I have 2 chargers and 2 batteries. Best vape decision I've made in a while as far as hardware.They do take a long time to charge, but if you charge them while you sleep, I guarantee you won't run both dead in a day no matter how heavy you vape.
Definitely checking into this. Thanks for the tip!
I use basically the same thing from Volcano. You can order the batteries alone there just fyi.
Actually I now get my batteries from Totally Wicked , and gave my V4L Egos to a friend. The TW Tornado-C batteries I now use are 1000 mAh, charge in 2-3 hours (compared to 8ish hours to charge a V4L Ego) and last me near all day. They are 510 threaded so I use a small adapter for my V4L tanks (which are 808 threaded).I'm actually gonna look into 510 threaded tanks, just because every time I charge these batteries I have to take the tiny adapter off so it will fit the charger, and I know I'm gonna lose them at some point.

Thanks guys. This is what I'm seeing.. What else would I need?

EGO Kit with 2 Batteries, 5 5 mL Dual Coil Mega Cartomizers, and 1 Slim Charger $$49.95

Dual Coil Replacement Cartomizer - 808 Thread $2.65 each

Do they make passthroughs for this? I'm using a passthrough as my desk as I type or do I not need it as the batteries last all day???

What about a charger for the car? I don't see this or the passthough.

I think around Christmas time was a year for me. Couldn't pay me to touch a real cig. I had actually stopped using the e-cigs for about two months but during those two months I managed to have a few guy days and golf outings where cigars are a requirement and while they gave me a massive headache - in a good way - I felt myself wanting tobacco again. But still, didn't even think about getting a cigarette, just bought another pack of e-cigs and have been doing fine.I actually just purchased one of those blu packages to try them out. Been using the cheap ones and don't get nearly as technical or advances as many of you. And they have been working fine. Got the blu package because of the battery system and charging system that appears to fit my schedule and time away from an outlet pretty well. We'll see. I don't need anything outrageous, just something to take the edge off. Frankly, I'm kicking myself for not doing it sooner. When the kids go to bed, and I'm having a veg nite on the sofa to decompress, I can just smoke while watching TV or playing XBox. Wife even sits next to me and doesn't even really notice or care. That is worth everything. Couldn't imagine having to sneak outside ever again.
I'm using the disposable blu's. works great, but I am noticing a smell from them, and others are too I'm sure. Anyone with the same experience?

EGO Kit with 2 Batteries, 5 5 mL Dual Coil Mega Cartomizers, and 1 Slim Charger $$49.95

Do they make passthroughs for this? I'm using a passthrough as my desk as I type or do I not need it as the batteries last all day???

You thats it. The tank should work with a passthru but I haven't tried it since I dont use em anymore. I dont think they have a car charger for the Ego. One of the reasons I went with another brand (totally wicked) is their charger is a USB to wall charger, which you can use with any car USB charger, but truth be told, with Ego batteries, you wont need to charge in the car much. The only time I need or use a car charger is during my monthly 8 hour trips to Alabama (but I have 2 batteries. 2 batteries is a must IMO)Eta - dont forget to order a 3.5ml tank with your battery.

This stuff has passed me by it seems. I'm still using my old VK long manual batteries with Cool Carts.I'm looking at V4L site and don't see the Ego - Is it the Dial-a Volt?
Nope, on the V4L site go to mods and look for the Ego kit w/1 battery, a charger and a Mega cart. Price is about $25 which is decent for a battle and a charger, but wait for a sale.Jim, I make my own juice now (green apple), and I get AT LEAST a week out of a tank car to. Clear juice seems to be the ticket.
I'll need to look into that also because it would *drastically* reduce my expenses to use a $2 cart for days on end. Unfortunately, I'm well past my curiosity stage of flavor experimenting and I just go with the flavors I've mentioned due to proven performance. I find testing new carts is a futile effort given the huge differences between carts and juice. I've currently got maybe 15-20 partially used juice bottles that are gathering dust... and boxes and boxes of unused flavored cartomizers. Not because they are bad or anything, but they just aren't a preference or pale in comparison to the tank I currently use. Might be holding a garage sale or giveaway sometime in the near future because there's no sense in this stuff going to waste.

Nope, on the V4L site go to mods and look for the Ego kit w/1 battery, a charger and a Mega cart. Price is about $25 which is decent for a battle and a charger, but wait for a sale.Jim, I make my own juice now (green apple), and I get AT LEAST a week out of a tank car to. Clear juice seems to be the ticket.
I'll need to look into that also because it would *drastically* reduce my expenses to use a $2 cart for days on end. Unfortunately, I'm well past my curiosity stage of flavor experimenting and I just go with the flavors I've mentioned due to proven performance. I find testing new carts is a futile effort given the huge differences between carts and juice. I've currently got maybe 15-20 partially used juice bottles that are gathering dust... and boxes and boxes of unused flavored cartomizers. Not because they are bad or anything, but they just aren't a preference or pale in comparison to the tank I currently use. Might be holding a garage sale or giveaway sometime in the near future because there's no sense in this stuff going to waste.
A drastic reduction in juice expense is a huge understatement when you make your own juice. I spend about $65 worth of supplies to make about 700ml of juice - comes out to less than $3 per 30ml.Trogg hooked me up with some great info and advice when I decided to start DIY juice. Huge thanks goes out to him. :thumbup:

Is that 5.5 ml? My tank is 3.5 ml... the one you linked to. On passthrough, just do a lot of research. The youtube demo I linked to had a note to use pass through only with a wall plug and not with your PC... I'm guessing because these things are so powerful they will blow your computer. They didn't note anythiong about automobile passthrough, but I'd be carefull there too. I'm not confident enough myself to use passthrough with these more powerful equipment types.

it that 5.5 ml? My tank is 3.5 ml... the one you linked to. On passthrough, just do a lot of research. The youtube demo I linked to had a note to use pass through only with a wall plug and not with your PC... I'm guessing because these things are so powerful they will blow your computer. They didn't note anythiong about automobile passthrough, but I'd be carefull there too. I'm not confident enough myself to use passthrough with these more powerful equipment types.
That 5.5ml Mega cart is just an oversized carto. Its huge. Its made for the ego so it fits over the outside threads, which gives the whole thing a cigar look when attached instead of the gap you get with a tank. Anyone who orders tanks might wanna pick up a few hard tips, they send a soft rubber tip and a hard clear one with the tank, but the rubber one falls off the tank easily, and the clear one I dont like cuz you can see the condensation inside it.

Ill post a link later to some hard plastic tips for around $1.50 each (various colors to choose from). I ordered 6 of them months ago and still have 5 (I lost one along the way).

Dual Coil Replacement Cartomizer It's asking me to choose a resistance. Which would be best do you think?
1.5 ohm.I've tried the 2.0 and the hit isn't near what it is on the 1.5s.
Yes, you actually get one cart with the tank initially, and the 1.5 ohm dual coil is what they sent me. That's the most powerful one, although as noted there is a tradeoff in charge life for the battery using that power. I just typically rotate 3 titans.

Anyone who orders tanks might wanna pick up a few hard tips, they send a soft rubber tip and a hard clear one with the tank, but the rubber one falls off the tank easily, and the clear one I dont like cuz you can see the condensation inside it.
:goodposting: My tank came with a flimsy/loose black drip tip and a stronger clear drip tip that was secured better to the cart even when jostled in a pocket. It was so secured that it actually failed by breaking rather than falling off. I got some bloog drip tips free with a prior bloog cartomizer order and those things are the cats meow. They fit very snug so they don't fall off, and are still flexible so they won't break. I've only lost 1 in the past month, and still have 4 left that are working great.

I fell off the wagon in the fall and plan to hop back on soon. Thanks for all the good info on the V4L Ego, I'm leaning that way with a new setup. If anyone else is ordering, I got this in an email the other day:Take 30% off all orders* until 1am on 2/12Take 25% off all orders* from 1am until 5pm on 2/12Use coupon code: VAPOR4LOVE

Figured Id throw this out there for those that are looking for an alternative to V4Ls products. I use Totally Wicked's 1000mAh Ego-C batteries, which are awesome. They have sales all the time like V4L, and as I type this, this battery is currently at 25% off, for a price of $14.99 (it changes every few minutes). I like these over the V4l Egos because they only take 2-3 hours to charge (vs V4Ls Ego which can take up to 9 hours to charge), and the power button changes color as the charge diminishes so you know when its about to run out (V4L's Ego doesnt have this feature). ALso the 5 click on/off feature is nice so you dont accidentally fire it up in your pocket (V4L's Ego also has this). Also the Tornado is 1000mAh, while V4L's Ego is 900mAh. Not much difference but every little bit helps.

Heres the charger combo I use, I like it because you can charge via USB, wall, or plug it into a car charger. Much more versatile than V4L's slim charger they sell with their Ego, (which is only a wall charger). Yes, you have to buy these parts separately, but cost wise it aint bad considering the versatility and the fact that you can buy these parts as stand alones. For a total of around $20, you have a charger you can use on your PC, wall, or car. Not too shabby.

USB charger

USB to wall charger

Car charger adapter

To use the Tornado battery with the V4L tanks, you need a 510 to 808 adapter from V4L for $3.95 (for some reason TW doesnt carry it). Heres a link to it: http://www.vapor4life.com/510-to-808d-adapter

Now, TW also sells a tank that needs no adapter (510 thread), and Im going to order one because sooner or later Im gonna lose my adapters, and Id rather not hassle with them anyway. Once I get a TW tank, Ill post up a review. They cost a bit more than V4L's tanks, but their replacement tank carts are a bit cheaper than V4L's.

TW 3.5 Dual Coil Tank

Oh yeah, almost forgot. Totally Wicked customer service rivals V4L's form my limited experience. My first order, I accidentally ordered the 650mAh batteries instead of the 1000, and when I got them I emailed them and they sent the right ones out that same day, and I sent the smaller ones back. Then, almost a month later, I dropped one of my batteries from atop a fence and it hit the concrete and broke. I emailed them and told them it suddenly stopped working, and they had a replacement in the mail that day and told me not to worry about sending the broken one back, with no questions asked.

Next time I need a battery, Im gonna order the Variable Voltage Ego Twist. Looks pretty sweet.

I hope I didnt confuse the hell out of noobs that are deciding which direction to go. :loco:

I fell off the wagon in the fall and plan to hop back on soon. Thanks for all the good info on the V4L Ego, I'm leaning that way with a new setup. If anyone else is ordering, I got this in an email the other day:Take 30% off all orders* until 1am on 2/12Take 25% off all orders* from 1am until 5pm on 2/12Use coupon code: VAPOR4LOVE
Just tried it. Coupon code "VAPOR4LOVE" is not valid.ETA: the website forum says the code is CUPIDCLOCK, but that one didnt work either.Ahhhh...the code doesnt work for me because the carts Im ordering are already on sale at 10% off.

Figured Id throw this out there for those that are looking for an alternative to V4Ls products. I use Totally Wicked's 1000mAh Ego-C batteries, which are awesome. They have sales all the time like V4L, and as I type this, this battery is currently at 25% off, for a price of $14.99 (it changes every few minutes). I like these over the V4l Egos because they only take 2-3 hours to charge (vs V4Ls Ego which can take up to 9 hours to charge), and the power button changes color as the charge diminishes so you know when its about to run out (V4L's Ego doesnt have this feature). ALso the 5 click on/off feature is nice so you dont accidentally fire it up in your pocket (V4L's Ego also has this). Also the Tornado is 1000mAh, while V4L's Ego is 900mAh. Not much difference but every little bit helps.Heres the charger combo I use, I like it because you can charge via USB, wall, or plug it into a car charger. Much more versatile than V4L's slim charger they sell with their Ego, (which is only a wall charger). Yes, you have to buy these parts separately, but cost wise it aint bad considering the versatility and the fact that you can buy these parts as stand alones. For a total of around $20, you have a charger you can use on your PC, wall, or car. Not too shabby.USB chargerUSB to wall chargerCar charger adapterTo use the Tornado battery with the V4L tanks, you need a 510 to 808 adapter from V4L for $3.95 (for some reason TW doesnt carry it). Heres a link to it: http://www.vapor4life.com/510-to-808d-adapterNow, TW also sells a tank that needs no adapter (510 thread), and Im going to order one because sooner or later Im gonna lose my adapters, and Id rather not hassle with them anyway. Once I get a TW tank, Ill post up a review. They cost a bit more than V4L's tanks, but their replacement tank carts are a bit cheaper than V4L's.TW 3.5 Dual Coil TankOh yeah, almost forgot. Totally Wicked customer service rivals V4L's form my limited experience. My first order, I accidentally ordered the 650mAh batteries instead of the 1000, and when I got them I emailed them and they sent the right ones out that same day, and I sent the smaller ones back. Then, almost a month later, I dropped one of my batteries from atop a fence and it hit the concrete and broke. I emailed them and told them it suddenly stopped working, and they had a replacement in the mail that day and told me not to worry about sending the broken one back, with no questions asked.Next time I need a battery, Im gonna order the Variable Voltage Ego Twist. Looks pretty sweet.I hope I didnt confuse the hell out of noobs that are deciding which direction to go. :loco: .
Good stuff here Wingnut! I happen to need EGO batteries.

Just got an email ad for the newly introduced Bloog Ego-style mod (Bloog 650). That style must really be catching on. Looks sort of slick, but got to say I am not digging the cigar size of these Ego style units.

Just got an email ad for the newly introduced Bloog Ego-style mod (Bloog 650). That style must really be catching on. Looks sort of slick, but got to say I am not digging the cigar size of these Ego style units.
They really aren't that big, and they feel away more comfy in the hand when vaping. After about 2 days using one, you'll think the stick batteries are way too skinny and feel fragile. Plus you can see the lit button as you hit it so you know its working, unlike the stick batts.Also, the 3.5ml tanks are about the same thickness as the battery, so it doesn't look like a lollipop, it looks more natural. Plus you can stand it up on end. No more rolling off the table.Once you try an Ego you'll never go back to the sticks.

V4L saleTake 35% off all orders* over $50 with coupon code: USA35 Take 25% off all orders* under $50 with coupon code: USA25*Promotion ends 2/16/13 5 PM CST. Specially-priced products and Sampler Packs are not included.

Thanks for the info guys.. I had to leave town unexpectedly and I'm just getting back to this, though I used my sticks for the past week with no real cigs.

This is what I have so far. As for the hard tips, are they what they call drip tips? I never used them with the sticks.

Almond Coconut Wow Vapor Juice (30ml)

Strength11 mg $12.50

1 each EGO Kit with 2 Batteries, 5 each 5 ML Dual Coil Mega Cartomizers, and 1 Slim Charger

EGO Battery 1 x Ego Battery-Silver EGO Battery 1 x Ego Battery-Silver Mega Cartomizer 5 x EGO 1.5 ohm Dual Coil Mega Cartomizer - 808 Threaded Silver Slim Charger x Vapor King Slim Charger White Total for Starter Kit $49.95

1 each 3.5ml Dual Coil Metal Tank- 808D Style

ColorWhite $12.50

10 each Dual Coil Replacement Cartomizer - 808 Thread

Resistance 1.5 Ohm $2.65 each ($26.50 total)

ETA: In the kit is there not a tank? It doesn't look like it. I guess that has to be ordered separately, which I do have in my shopping cart.

Let me ask this also..

If I were just to get 2 of the Titan batteries, a tank and some dual coil replacement cartomizers would that work? And a drip tip?

I have chargers and passthroughs so I don't think I need everything that comes in the kit, but I just really don't know anymore.

Sorry for all the questions, but I guess I'm a noob again.. :confused:

Clear juice seems to be the ticket.
:goodposting: I have a small stockpile of 20 ml Bananas Foster bottles and noticed my recent order had much lighter color juice. I tested one to see how the 3rd (apparent) recipe change in 4 months inpacted taste. Very happy to report I used an entire 20 ml bottle of the new lighter color juice on a single double coil cart without any clogging or taste difference. It drips as if it has a much lighter consistency. 6 days and counting with this lighter color juice without clogging, burn taste, leakage into the post, or other signs of cart failure. If I can go a week per double coil, that will be huge. Very unexpected since the double coils burn so much more powerfully.

What would a person need to start on this immediately? I saw SteevieG's post above but that doesn't include flavor juice or whatever it's called? I have no idea about any of this, but am strongly considering going to e-cigs and could use some help getting started.

What would a person need to start on this immediately? I saw SteevieG's post above but that doesn't include flavor juice or whatever it's called? I have no idea about any of this, but am strongly considering going to e-cigs and could use some help getting started.
I got started buying Blu Cigs. They are disposable, no need to learn how to fill up, and all the hassle, just to try them out. It's more expensive (about the same cost as cigarettes), but a good start I think.

I guess I'm a noob again.. :confused:
:goodposting: No doubt, I was out of the game for about a yr and feel like I have to relearn everything!I just pretty much mimicked your order from a few posts up. There was a coupon code of SWITCH30 that I tried to use but the Ego kit was still $49.95, replacement carts were $2.65 ea., although it did give me a discount on the Dual Coil Metal Tanks of $7.50 off the normal price of $25.00 for 2.

To restock some juices, I decided to visit Backwoods Brew. I loved their juice before, so hopefully they're still producing good stuff. I remember liking their Blueberry and Dulce De Leche a lot but I'm tempted to try some Malty Toffee.

Thanks (again) for the info gentlemen!

Tougher question to answer than I'd have given 5 months ago, given the newer equipment I'm using/considering. If you want to test the waters and want a true test of the equipment, I'd suggest getting on Vapor4Life's email list, wait for a 25%-35% sale (which come almost every other day) and grab yourself a Vapor Titan starter kit and a few sample cartomizer packs of various flavors. Going that route, you'll be able to test out a bunch of cartomizer flavors, while still being equipped to purchase a 2.5 ml tank once you find flavor(s) you prefer, when you can move onto juice bottles (better value). I just hesitate to advise going with the tanks off the bat. The tanks are oodles stronger and probably make the transition easier, but it's hard to recommend that equipment and juice bottle purchases before you have a flavor you like. I was able to replace cigs just fine on that starter equipment, and in fact used that equipment for 2 years before getting the tank system I now prefer.

Saw a guy on the subway with an e-cig today. Even took a puff on it on the train. No vapor cloud on exhale so it wasn't an attention grabber. Also saw someone in his car blasting away in a best buy parking lot the other day. Never saw anyone vaping until this past week.

So I went back with my original set up, just XL manual batteries, cartos and juice. I got 2 of the Vapor King XL manual batteries and in just a couple of weeks both quit working. V4L replaced them and they seem OK for now. I gave 1 to a friend to try and decided I'd get one of the new manual batteries they are selling, the Vapor Titan. For 3 days it worked fine, then it started turning itself on without any pushing of the button. Nothing I did could get it to turn off, so I just let it sit for 2 days, running until it ran out of power. V4L is replacing it, too.

The best thing I can say about them now is their customer service is great. The product seems to have really tailed off since I quit vaping. Perhaps they have new a new Chinese factory producing their product?

I'd be leary of pointing anyone interested in trying this their way. Maybe I got all the defective product and everything else will be fine, but I think I need to start looking at other options for vaping.

I feel completely in over my head with all the battery/tank/juice talk.

I started buying the disposables, as recommended above, and it's definitely working for me - I've been buying Blu. I assume that the Blue "starter kits" are a complete ripoff and ultimately a terrible idea long term, but really need to do something simple like that where all I have to do is charge the thing and slip something onto the end when it runs out. If it's harder than lighting a cigarette, I'm sure I'll go back to smoking cigarettes instead. Are there any inexpensive kits that work like that from the places all you hep cats are using? I mean, something where all I have to do is charge it and slip on a new whatever-the-hell-makes-it-vaporize that's filled with liquid and go? Or am I just the target market for the overpriced crap like Blu?

I started buying the disposables, as recommended above, and it's definitely working for me - I've been buying Blu. I assume that the Blue "starter kits" are a complete ripoff and ultimately a terrible idea long term, but really need to do something simple like that where all I have to do is charge the thing and slip something onto the end when it runs out. If it's harder than lighting a cigarette, I'm sure I'll go back to smoking cigarettes instead. Are there any inexpensive kits that work like that from the places all you hep cats are using? I mean, something where all I have to do is charge it and slip on a new whatever-the-hell-makes-it-vaporize that's filled with liquid and go? Or am I just the target market for the overpriced crap like Blu?
I recommend a volt starter kit to people that want the cig style. Vapor 4 life is really good too and is used by a lot of people here. If I could start all over again I would go a little bigger and get the V4L Dial a volt (Ego style)Volt

V4L

I recommend a volt starter kit to people that want the cig style. Vapor 4 life is really good too and is used by a lot of people here. If I could start all over again I would go a little bigger and get the V4L Dial a volt (Ego style)Volt

V4L
Awesome. That's what I'm talking about. Thanks so much. I looked around some after posting and also found these guys:http://www.v2cigs.com/

Have you had any experience with them?

I feel completely in over my head with all the battery/tank/juice talk. I started buying the disposables, as recommended above, and it's definitely working for me - I've been buying Blu. I assume that the Blue "starter kits" are a complete ripoff and ultimately a terrible idea long term, but really need to do something simple like that where all I have to do is charge the thing and slip something onto the end when it runs out. If it's harder than lighting a cigarette, I'm sure I'll go back to smoking cigarettes instead. Are there any inexpensive kits that work like that from the places all you hep cats are using? I mean, something where all I have to do is charge it and slip on a new whatever-the-hell-makes-it-vaporize that's filled with liquid and go? Or am I just the target market for the overpriced crap like Blu?
IMO, the problem with cartomizers is they run out of juice quickly. I'd advise getting a 3.5ml tank, even for starters. It saves the frustration of realizing the carts are OK if you're a light smoker, but not for regular or heavy smokers. I think its way easier to fill a tank and be set for 4-8 hours of heavy vaping. Just pick up and blast away. With carts you're gonna constantly be swapping them out which I find to be a PITA. Plus with a tank you how much juice you've got left, not so with carts. Lastly, if you dont refil carts and have to keep buying new ones, it gets more costly. There's a good YouTube video made by someone over at ECF showing how to fill and refill tanks and changing out the tank carts. Once you fill and refill a couple of times its pretty simple. It takes me about 20 seconds to fill my tank, which I do a few times a day. Not much longer than packing and opening a pack of smokes.Again, just my opinion. Good luck on whatever you decide, heres hoping it works for you. :banned:

WTF is going on in here. Why do you guys do this? (Not judging, just curious)
I can't speak for everyone, but I've been smoking for 30 years and want to find an alternative that allows me to sort-of smoke and yet still be alive when it's time to retire.
So it's not unhealthy at all?Grats on quitting. I quit 2 years ago March 10th. It was (obviously) one of the best decisions I ever made.

I can't speak for everyone, but I've been smoking for 30 years and want to find an alternative that allows me to sort-of smoke and yet still be alive when it's time to retire.
So it's not unhealthy at all?Grats on quitting. I quit 2 years ago March 10th. It was (obviously) one of the best decisions I ever made.
it's significantly less unhealthy. Obviously nicotine isn't exactly mother's milk, but it has something like 1/1000 of the amount of carcinogens as cigarette smoke, plus none of the other stuff. And I don't feel the need to punch my boss, like I usually do when I quit.

Plus, my favorite part is I can do this in my office because it doesn't smell like smoke. Because it's vapor. Beats the hell of having to go outside when all I really want is one good long drag.

We dont really know the long term effects yet, but theres no tar or carcinogens, so its definitely healthier than smoking by default.After smoking 1.5 packs a day for 25+ years. I've been on ecigs for over 2 years and I feel amazingly better than I did while smoking. Ive only been sick once in 27 months (when I was a smoker I would get sick 4-5 times a year), and I can't remember the last time I coughed or wheezed. My smell and taste are back to 100%. More energy. I can do strenuous activity for long as I want without losing my breath. No nasty cig odor in my car or clothes. I'm not putting second hand smoke in the air...the list goes on and on. Plus it costs a fraction if what cigs do. My monthly cost is around $30, and I blast away constantly. And I still get the enjoyment of smoking, which I have always liked. Its basically a much healthier way to smoke for those that can't or dont want to give up the actual act of smoking. Could there be health concerns with the chemicals involved? Absolutely. But I know just by the way I feel and my overall health that ecigs are definitely wayyy better than cigarettes. No one could convince me otherwise.

We dont really know the long term effects yet, but theres no tar or carcinogens, so its definitely healthier than smoking by default.After smoking 1.5 packs a day for 25+ years. I've been on ecigs for over 2 years and I feel amazingly better than I did while smoking. Ive only been sick once in 27 months (when I was a smoker I would get sick 4-5 times a year), and I can't remember the last time I coughed or wheezed. My smell and taste are back to 100%. More energy. I can do strenuous activity for long as I want without losing my breath. No nasty cig odor in my car or clothes. I'm not putting second hand smoke in the air...the list goes on and on. Plus it costs a fraction if what cigs do. My monthly cost is around $30, and I blast away constantly. And I still get the enjoyment of smoking, which I have always liked. Its basically a much healthier way to smoke for those that can't or dont want to give up the actual act of smoking. Could there be health concerns with the chemicals involved? Absolutely. But I know just by the way I feel and my overall health that ecigs are definitely wayyy better than cigarettes. No one could convince me otherwise.
Hey, like I said, not judging. Whatever it takes to get people off those things I'm down for it. :hifive:

MOBBIN, its all good, I was just tryin to answer your question. Didn't mean for it to come across as attitudy if it did.

:hifive:

MOBBIN, its all good, I was just tryin to answer your question. Didn't mean for it to come across as attitudy if it did. :hifive:
Didn't take it that way at all, broham.
Forgot to mention - since I switched, I have had a cig here or there at the bar or at a party...every time I have smoked a reg cigarette, I feel it the next day when I wake up, and I always hack stuff up afterwards. By mid day I feel back to normal. Cigs definitely wreak havoc on my system now, and its noticeable, even after a single cigarette. That alone shows how much cleaner vaping is.

2/2 was 2 years for me and other than the experimental once-a-week cigarette I had for the first couple of weeks, I haven't had one since 2/2/11.I use the Bloog sporadically in my office during the day and the REO Grand at night. In fact, I'm sort of known around town for the REO - when I walk into certain bars, the bartenders will say things like : "Here he is ! Where's your detonator?" Whenever people see it the first time, they ask me what it is and I tell them it's a thermal detonator. A few fellow nerds get the reference, the rest call it "the detonator" from that point forward.I can't imagine what they'd say if they saw that beast I linked to on the last page.
EGJust got off the phone with Robert at reomod.com and ordered the silver/black "detonator!" I have been wanting to get a set up for quite a while now so I am looking forward to it. Also thanks to Cunk for all the good info here as well.

'Wingnut said:
'STEADYMOBBIN 22 said:
'Wingnut said:
MOBBIN, its all good, I was just tryin to answer your question. Didn't mean for it to come across as attitudy if it did. :hifive:
Didn't take it that way at all, broham.
Forgot to mention - since I switched, I have had a cig here or there at the bar or at a party...every time I have smoked a reg cigarette, I feel it the next day when I wake up, and I always hack stuff up afterwards. By mid day I feel back to normal. Cigs definitely wreak havoc on my system now, and its noticeable, even after a single cigarette. That alone shows how much cleaner vaping is.
Yea, props to you to be able to have 1 or 2 and no more. I quit 2 years ago and the very thought of one makes me want to call Earl, but back then I would have love to limit myself to 2 a day. One in the morning and one after dinner.

V4L
Awesome. That's what I'm talking about. Thanks so much. I looked around some after posting and also found these guys:http://www.v2cigs.com/

Have you had any experience with them?
I took the plunge and got the Volt starter kit above. I'll update the thread with my experience, but I'm hoping it goes as well as it has for all you successful e-cig users :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread