What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Electronic Cigarettes (4 Viewers)

They didn't do themselves any favors with flavors like Sour Patch Kids.  If they had stuck to more generic flavors then I think there would less of a ground swell.
I'm in my 40s and loved flavors like that though

I think the key to keeping it away from kids would be to STOP selling it to them, and to treat those who do sell it to minors as harshly as we treat sellers of other illegal substances.

I'm in my 40s and loved flavors like that though

I think the key to keeping it away from kids would be to STOP selling it to them, and to treat those who do sell it to minors as harshly as we treat sellers of other illegal substances.
One problem with it is that you can buy this stuff on Amazon.  My daughter was telling me that kids get Amazon gift cards and buy it all from there.  They have it sent to someone's house who's parents work past mail delivery.  So even if you're 13 or 14 years old, you have no issue buying this stuff.  At least with cigarettes, you had to go through a carding process.  Sure it could be circumvented, but at least there was some kind of barrier from allowing people to buy it.  

And while I loved those flavors at first, too, I also saw it as a slippery slope.  

I'm pretty sure I've been on the opposite side of an argument w/ Mr. Ford before (Robert Kraft "sex trafficking" thread). I didn't love it. Even though I was super correct and on point. My heart goes out to you @Terminalxylem. Although, please note that in both instances #hulkwasright
You want to keep chatting about that argument? I was under the impression we were dropping it. 

Are you trying to quit vaping? 
I'm trying to quit using a huge heavy battery.  

I smoked for decades.  Started at a very young age.  I am old now.  I can't function properly without the nicotine and without the breathing exercise/hand to mouth bit and I don't see that changing.  I'm at peace with that.

I'm trying to quit using a huge heavy battery.  

I smoked for decades.  Started at a very young age.  I am old now.  I can't function properly without the nicotine and without the breathing exercise/hand to mouth bit and I don't see that changing.  I'm at peace with that.
Well hopefully you dodged the bullet regarding health consequences of smoking. But you’re never too old to quit nicotine.

I apologize for coming across as hostile, as I sincerely value your opinion. Hopefully you can understand a few arguments may occur when one poster takes an opposing viewpoint from the majority of participants in a thread.

ETA I use exercise to calm down, and I’m quite calm after my evening run.
WTF?

I could write an Alfred Lord Tennyson poem after my time in the gun thread.

Well hopefully you dodged the bullet regarding health consequences of smoking. But you’re never too old to quit nicotine.
I did for the most part. And I’m not too old to quit, I’m to old to quit and not become the world’s oldest serial killer. It keeps me marginally sane. 

Just got the below email from JUUL. This really pisses me off. 

I guess I was expecting this with the recent flavor ban but I was holding out hope that my Auto-Ship sub was not going to be subject to the NY State ban.

I've been a mango man for almost two years now and really don't want to go back to anything tobacco flavored, disgusting. I used to be a pack-a-day smoker for way too long and haven't smoked a single cigarette ever since I made the transition. I know I haven't kicked the addiction but I feel so much better now that I have gotten rid of the smoking. This is a step in the wrong direction for those of us who quit. 

New York: A change to your Auto-Ship Subscription.

We sincerely thank you for being a loyal JUUL Auto-Ship customer.

Beginning 10/4/2019, JUUL will no longer offer certain JUULpods flavors in New York due to recent state regulations. Please edit your Auto-Ship subscription to reflect our updated flavor offering (this should only take a minute of your time). We offer the following flavors in the state of New York: Virginia Tobacco, Classic Tobacco, and Menthol. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

I guess I was expecting this with the recent flavor ban but I was holding out hope that my Auto-Ship sub was not going to be subject to the NY State ban.

I've been a mango man for almost two years now and really don't want to go back to anything tobacco flavored, disgusting. I used to be a pack-a-day smoker for way too long and haven't smoked a single cigarette ever since I made the transition. I know I haven't kicked the addiction but I feel so much better now that I have gotten rid of the smoking. This is a step in the wrong direction for those of us who quit.
Back in my early vaping days (2013), there were a lot of folks making their own. VG/PG are easy to find and liquid nicotine is readily available. The only missing component is the flavoring and I'd expect to see the flavoring start to be sold separately.

Back in my early vaping days (2013), there were a lot of folks making their own. VG/PG are easy to find and liquid nicotine is readily available. The only missing component is the flavoring and I'd expect to see the flavoring start to be sold separately.
Appreciate the suggestion but don't think I am can put forth the effort. JUUL got me hooked with its simplicity - the disposable pods and the quick n easy charging. Going to sample the available flavors and hope the ban hammer doesn't get too out of hand.   

Surprise, surprise...
Black Market only, nice headline

A cannabis testing facility in California analyzed a sampling of 18 cartridges containing THC — the active ingredient in marijuana — from both legal dispensaries and unlicensed dealers, NBC News reports.

No heavy metals, pesticides or solvents such as vitamin E were found in the legal products. But all 10 of the black market cartridges tested positive for pesticides and myclobutanil, a fungicide that can transform into hydrogen cyanide when burned, the analysis found.

I recommend looking into a Smok Infinix. Very similar apparatus to the JUUL but refillable by design.  

I have a few friends that have been long time tobacco smokers.  I am going to buy them stuff to start vaping.  Is Juul good or is there a better option out there?  Simplicity is a plus.

I have a few friends that have been long time tobacco smokers.  I am going to buy them stuff to start vaping.  Is Juul good or is there a better option out there?  Simplicity is a plus.
I have only tried Juul once and was so long ago I don't remember. My only suggestion is what is available over the counter at a gas station may not leave the best impression with those you are trying to help. Getting over the hump of "this replicates my experience" is the most important part of transitioning. I got there with a Vapor4Life starter kit years ago. Not sure how V4L rates in the current market, but I still buy from them (graduated to better equipment... Zeus battery).  

I have only tried Juul once and was so long ago I don't remember. My only suggestion is what is available over the counter at a gas station may not leave the best impression with those you are trying to help. Getting over the hump of "this replicates my experience" is the most important part of transitioning. I got there with a Vapor4Life starter kit years ago. Not sure how V4L rates in the current market, but I still buy from them (graduated to better equipment... Zeus battery).  
That looks like a good option.  Do you buy your e-juice from them, too?  Which kind?

That looks like a good option.  Do you buy your e-juice from them, too?  Which kind?
I do now, but did not at first. Honestly, if I had to buy bottles at first instead of getting pre-made supplies, it probably would have been too much effort for me. I initially purchased prefilled cartomizers, bananas foster, coffee or chocolate banana were the ones that made me super willing to convert. After I got over that hump and considered it somewhat a hobby, I upped the equipment and worked a bit more on my own getting bottles because it is cheaper.

I do now, but did not at first. Honestly, if I had to buy bottles at first instead of getting pre-made supplies, it probably would have been too much effort for me. I initially purchased prefilled cartomizers, bananas foster, coffee or chocolate banana were the ones that made me super willing to convert. After I got over that hump and considered it somewhat a hobby, I upped the equipment and worked a bit more on my own getting bottles because it is cheaper.
Having cartridges instead of refilling liquid is a definite plus for the guys I'm buying for.  Do you buy straight from the company because I can't find it on Amazon?  Is this the unit you bought to go with the prefilled cartomizers:  https://www.vapor4life.com/vapor-titan-standard-e-cig-kit/?

Last edited by a moderator:
I thought Juul's sucked. If you're looking for a gas station variety, I like Njoy. The battery is only a couple of dollars, and the pods are like $10 for a 2 pack. I didn't smoke menthols, but I do prefer the menthol Njoy.

Having cartridges instead of refilling liquid is a definite plus for the guys I'm buying for.  Do you buy straight from the company because I can't find it on Amazon?  Is this the unit you bought to go with the prefilled cartomizers:  https://www.vapor4life.com/vapor-titan-standard-e-cig-kit/?
Yeah, I order from the site. I get emails every couple days with 20-30% off coupon codes, so just send me an IM if you ever decide to go that route (or sign up for their email and you can get them directly, cancelling whenever you want). I used the standard Vapor King batteries for the first year with 1.8 nic prefilled cartomizers. Eventually I began using the tank and dual coil, because tanks hold overflow juice - so less topping off of normal cartomizers. I switched to Vapor Titan batteries because they were the only pen style battery with enough power for the dual coil tanks, and it looks like that is their base battery now. Personally, I liked the size of that titan battery as a replica of the cigarette size... it could help someone transition. However, I've moved exclusively to short Zeus batteries at this point because they are more reliable and hold a solid charge longer. Anyone you get to convert will probably make that move on their own, or even move on to other styles... I think a titan battery, charger and a variety of prefilled carts is a great introduction for most. 

Do you buy your e-juice from them, too?  Which kind?
BTW- I only use Red Energy now (red bull flavor). Red energy gives me the solid throat hit I require from ecig that seems somewhat hit/miss in other flavors. My epiphany was trying a strong throat hit prefilled cart (either bananas foster or chocolate banana, can't recall) as I sort of faked my way through a transition expecting to fail. When my wife took off on an errand of some sort I lit up the last camel light I'd been saving for that sort of opportunity... and I could not even feel the inhale because the cartomizers I'd been using were stronger. I put it out half finished, stinking like a GD ash tray, and never saw a need to do that again. It did nothing for me. 

Last edited by a moderator:
BigJim® said:
BTW- I only use Red Energy now (red bull flavor). Red energy gives me the solid throat hit I require from ecig that seems somewhat hit/miss in other flavors. My epiphany was trying a strong throat hit prefilled cart (either bananas foster or chocolate banana, can't recall) as I sort of faked my way through a transition expecting to fail. When my wife took off on an errand of some sort I lit up the last camel light I'd been saving for that sort of opportunity... and I could not even feel the inhale because the cartomizers I'd been using were stronger. I put it out half finished, stinking like a GD ash tray, and never saw a need to do that again. It did nothing for me. 
The prefilled cartridges only seem to have tobacco and menthol flavors.  I think the new federal law only allows self-filled liquids to be other flavors.  Could you make a recommendation from this page of prefilled cartridges (my friends are non-menthol, pack-a-day smokers of 30 years, if that matters):  https://www.vapor4life.com/cartridges

And thanks for all of your help!  You saved me a couple of hours of research time!

The prefilled cartridges only seem to have tobacco and menthol flavors.  I think the new federal law only allows self-filled liquids to be other flavors.  Could you make a recommendation from this page of prefilled cartridges (my friends are non-menthol, pack-a-day smokers of 30 years, if that matters):  https://www.vapor4life.com/cartridges

And thanks for all of your help!  You saved me a couple of hours of research time!
Boy, that stinks. I never found a tobacco flavor I liked. It's the one good thing about vaping, that you are not a slave to stuff that tastes horrible. Some one else will have to advise there. It changes my take on juice because flavor is one of the big upsides to the transition, JMHO. I think I'd get a 1.8% bottle of red energy, youtube "condom method" to easily prep a blank for use, and chalk it up to a <> $10 waste if it doesn't work out. Cafe mocha is another good V4L flavor if you're dealing with coffee drinkers. My brother swears by waffle flavor.  

WTH happened to Vapor4Life? I knew they were limiting states they could ship to under new regulations requiring signature,  but anticipated they would figure out a way (via increased ship costs or whatnot) to expand over time. I think their website is gone(?) Anyone know?

To my knowledge, none of the major carriers, USPS, Fedex, UPS, DH etc are allowed to deliver nic juice anymore. Final score.

Big tobacco 1

Little guy 0

Bumping this thread... having a bit of a struggle trying to figure out a new e-liquid. Local shops all over the place with brands I don't recognize. Anyone had luck with a reputable brand that mails after regulations took effect?

BigJim® said:
Bumping this thread... having a bit of a struggle trying to figure out a new e-liquid. Local shops all over the place with brands I don't recognize. Anyone had luck with a reputable brand that mails after regulations took effect?
I'm with my bro at a LAX hotel. We're off to Hawaii tomorrow. He dumped a pack and a half a day habit for vaping about three years ago. He says Flawless vape shop is the place to get your gear. Shipping is reasonable and fast. Tons of product. He recommends juice from Humble, Vapestasia, and Yogi. Expecially, Yogi coffee/mocha blends. His favorite. He's vaping Humble's guava atm and it smells like we're already in Hawaii. His son, who we're going to visit, got him to quit smoking for vaping, so I am about to be surrounded by this. He also recommends the clearance section to get the most out of your order/shipping. 

According to him the US is nutso and wrong about vaping. It is life saving for long-term smokers. In Europe and Asia it is prescribed as nicotine replacement therapy, sold in hospital pharmacies and relatively harmless compared to smoking. He goes on and on about the differences.

Just switched on Monday.

Seems there is a lot of push by the FDA and such to crush these things into oblivion. My :rolleyes: says that this is all because Big Tobacco doesn't want to lose market share.

My thought is that they have to be safer than regular smokes. Like a 1000 times safer. Or am I missing something here?
Coming up on 13 years of vaping. Haven't picked up a cigarette since. Got a CT scan this year and my lungs look like I never even smoked (although I did from 1996 to 2010). Blood pressure good. Basically, I'm still tip top.

And here we are in this country still demonizing vaping. My kids have been taught that vaping is MORE dangerous than smoking. WTF are we doing in this country? Smoking literally kills 480,000 Americans a year, it's the leading cause of preventable death. Meanwhile vaping legal products has caused... Lemme check... ZERO deaths a year. I can't believe we're this frigging stupid as a nation.

The FDA isn’t missing anything that I’m aware of. You appear to be missing study limitations for the studies that led to removing the black box warning and the difference between removing a black box warning and stating that the symptom isn’t caused by or contributing to the symptom with some patients.
I’m quite comfortable interpreting scientific data, thanks. Every study has limitations, but ultimately the bulk of the higher-quality Chantix data doesn’t support a link with suicide.

Meanwhile, you and your vaping colleagues cling to a single study showing higher quit rates with electronic cigarettes, despite some data stating otherwise. Wonder why? At least my conclusion is based on multiple studies involving thousands of patients and concurs with major regulatory agencies.

This is a comprehensive review of ALL vaping research conducted thus far, literally thousands of studies. Conclusions remain the same, at least 20 times safer than smoking, probably more. They can't even definitively say that it has negative health impacts... It probably does but the evidence for that is mixed at best. A couple years ago I compared it to coffee, because nicotine and caffeine are really not that far off of each other in impacts to our health.

Why have science if we just ignore evidence that doesn't fit the narrative we've subscribed to? Ugh.

I wouldn't recommend vaping to a non-smoker, but I do recommend it to every single smoker out there.

At this point, I firmly believe that if you have 6 alcoholic beverages a week you are doing significantly more damage to your body than if you vape full time.

ETA: if I had to guess, a cup of coffee is less harmful than vaping an equivalent amount. But we still haven't proven that to be true with certainty.

Last edited:
Just switched on Monday.

Seems there is a lot of push by the FDA and such to crush these things into oblivion. My :rolleyes: says that this is all because Big Tobacco doesn't want to lose market share.

My thought is that they have to be safer than regular smokes. Like a 1000 times safer. Or am I missing something here?
Coming up on 13 years of vaping. Haven't picked up a cigarette since. Got a CT scan this year and my lungs look like I never even smoked (although I did from 1996 to 2010). Blood pressure good. Basically, I'm still tip top.

And here we are in this country still demonizing vaping. My kids have been taught that vaping is MORE dangerous than smoking. WTF are we doing in this country? Smoking literally kills 480,000 Americans a year, it's the leading cause of preventable death. Meanwhile vaping legal products has caused... Lemme check... ZERO deaths a year. I can't believe we're this frigging stupid as a nation.
While I agree vaping is much safer than conventional smoking, it’s not exactly healthy. There are harmful substances in vape products, including carcinogens.

More importantly, vaping has only been a thing for like 20 years. Cancer, vascular and chronic lung disease all take decades to develop in smokers, so its too early to say e-smoking won’t have long term health effects.

Last edited:
Also, the comparison to coffee isn’t great, as coffee is arguably one of the healthiest substances one can consume.

ETA Six alcoholic beverages a week may be a better comparison, but it remains to be seen.

Last edited:
Also, the comparison to coffee isn’t great, as coffee is arguably one of the healthiest substances one can consume.

ETA The six alcoholic beverages a week may be a better comparison, but it remains to be seen.
Coffee isn't. Just nicotine and caffeine in a vacuum are similar in terms of impacts on the body. Drinking a cup of nicotine might be similar, I dunno. Vaping is clearly different and carries separate risks.

Just switched on Monday.

While I agree vaping is much safer than conventional smoking, it’s not exactly healthy. There are harmful substances in vape products, including carcinogens.

More importantly, vaping has only been a thing for like 20 years. Cancer, vascular and chronic lung disease all take decades to develop in smokers, so its too early to say e-smoking won’t have long term health effects.
I can confidently say that there are zero carcinogens involved in my vaping.

A lot of the early vaping studies that showed carcinogens involved funding from sources actively looking to taint vaping, and the methods utilized did not remotely mimic how vaping is actually done.

To stick with coffee, the research was as if Red Bull funded a study on coffee looking for negative effects and had people chug coffee for 3 minutes straight without stopping and then started saying drowning was a possible side effect of coffee use. That's how far off from reality the methodology in those studies were.

Just switched on Monday.

A lot of the early vaping studies that showed carcinogens involved funding from sources actively looking to taint vaping, and the methods utilized did not remotely mimic how vaping is actually done.

To stick with coffee, the research was as if Red Bull funded a study on coffee looking for negative effects and had people chug coffee for 3 minutes straight without stopping and then started saying drowning was a possible side effect of coffee use. That's how far off from reality the methodology in those studies were.
I admit to not scrutinizing the vaping literature in fine detail. But I’ll reserve judgement on potential carcinogenesis, until time passes and we have more data.

Until then, I favor methods to promote smoking cessation, rather than what will likely end up as a harm mitigation strategy via vaping.

ETA If you want nicotine, why not spare the lungs and just chew the gum?

Last edited:
Just switched on Monday.

I admit to not scrutinizing the vaping literature in fine detail. But I’ll reserve judgement on potential carcinogenesis, until time passes and we have more data.

Until then, I favor methods to promote smoking cessation, rather than what will likely end up as a harm mitigation strategy via vaping.

ETA If you just want nicotine, why not spare the lungs and just chew the gum?
I tried the gum. And the lozenges. And the patch. And Chantix. And Wellbutrin. And cold turkey.

None of them worked long term. Vaping has kept me off of cigarettes successfully for 12 years and 10 months.

Everyone is different, certain things work better for some people than other things. Mainly, I think people should get off of smoking as it will kill them. Vaping won't. The gum won't. Etc etc.

I think the information war our country wages on vaping keeps more people smoking and more people dying. Our FDA constantly pushes an agenda that is not backed by science, and actually contrary to the science that they have in the studies they've conducted. Why? It isn't in the name of public health.

I was going the vaping route until I did this. Worked like a godsend for me. I was stunned to hear that people had suicidal ideations and actions on it. I never would have known. It just . . . I was done smoking within a week. I went back during a stressor in 2015 for about two months, but I used the same medication and quickly quit again from then until the present. So one period of about three-four years followed by a relapse, which was followed by another eight year period of no smoking. I'll take it considering it came not from will, but from a pill.

That said, I appreciate your dogged tenacity to follow the studies and literature instead of relying on an establishment that has its own incentives and shibboleths about what is desirable and undesirable.

I’m sorry hulk, vaping is for douchenozzles. Is your’s flavored? my boss takes 27 to 384 vape breaks a day. Giant clouds of some sort of blueberry cotton candy or some such nonsense. My favorite is when I have to go talk to him on one of these crack breaks. He gets sooooo pissed that I’m interrupting his 241st smoke break. The entire building knows to look for him at his vape spot, rather than his office. So lame.

i am very happy for you that it helped you stop smoking.

Giant clouds of some sort of blueberry cotton candy or some such nonsense. My favorite is when I have to go talk to him on one of these crack breaks. He gets sooooo pissed that I’m interrupting his 241st smoke break. The entire building knows to look for him at his vape spot, rather than his office. So lame.

Lol, but I think (HULK) is talking e-cigs here. Perhaps it's just moved on to vaping in general. Those people in California with their vape canisters are extra nozzley, IMO. It's like an oxygen tank, only for nicotine.

I was going the vaping route until I did this. Worked like a godsend for me. I was stunned to hear that people had suicidal ideations and actions on it. I never would have known. It just . . . I was done smoking within a week. I went back during a stressor in 2015 for about two months, but I used the same medication and quickly quit again from then until the present. So one period of about three-four years followed by a relapse, which was followed by another eight year period of no smoking. I'll take it considering it came not from will, but from a pill.

That said, I appreciate your dogged tenacity to follow the studies and literature instead of relying on an establishment that has its own incentives and shibboleths about what is desirable and undesirable.
Vaping isn’t the most effective way to quit smoking, and its long term impact on health is unclear. So it isn’t surprising vaping hasn’t been embraced by mainstream medicine.

As a second/third line effort, it’s fine. But considering smoking cessation usually takes multiple attempts (6, on average, IIRC), I ‘d definitely try all the shibboleths, before settling for harm reduction.

I’m sorry hulk, vaping is for douchenozzles. Is your’s flavored? my boss takes 27 to 384 vape breaks a day. Giant clouds of some sort of blueberry cotton candy or some such nonsense. My favorite is when I have to go talk to him on one of these crack breaks. He gets sooooo pissed that I’m interrupting his 241st smoke break. The entire building knows to look for him at his vape spot, rather than his office. So lame.

i am very happy for you that it helped you stop smoking.
I do fruit flavors usually. I'm not like that guy. I'm all about stealth. I use a smaller device and don't make huge clouds. Most people have zero clue I vape.

I agree your boss is a douche. He probably thinks it's cool or something like that. I do not think that way at all.

Vaping isn’t the most effective way to quit smoking, and its long term impact on health is unclear. So it isn’t surprising vaping hasn’t been embraced by mainstream medicine.

As a second/third line effort, it’s fine. But considering smoking cessation usually takes multiple attempts (6, on average, IIRC), I ‘d definitely try all the shibboleths, before settling for harm reduction.
That's completely reasonable IMO.

I feel like it is vilified in the US though, and unjustly.

Users who are viewing this thread