What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

War on Christmas - latest casualty (1 Viewer)

Statorama

gangster
Red Cross Bans Christmas

Christmas has been banned by the Red Cross from its 430 fund-raising shops.

Staff have been ordered to take down decorations and to remove any other signs of the Christian festival because they could offend Moslems.

The charity's politically-correct move triggered an avalanche of criticism and mockery last night - from Christians and Moslems.

Christine Banks, a volunteer at a Red Cross shop in New Romney, Kent, said: 'We put up a nativity scene in the window and were told to take it out. It seems we can't have anything that means Christmas. We're allowed to have some tinsel but that's it.

'When we send cards they have to say season's greetings or best wishes. They must not be linked directly to Christmas.

'When we asked we were told it is because we must not upset Moslems.'

Mrs Banks added: ' We have been instructed that we can't say anything about Christmas and we certainly can't have a Christmas tree.

' I think the policy is offensive to Moslems as well as to us. No reasonable person can object to Christians celebrating Christmas. But we are not supposed to show any sign of Christianity at all.'

The problem with some atheists is that their vocabulary is limited.

Mus·lim

   /ˈmʌzlɪm, ˈmʊz-, ˈmʊs-/ Show Spelled [muhz-lim, mooz-, moos-] Show IPA adjective, noun, plural -lims, -lim.

–adjective

of or pertaining to the religion, law, or civilization of Islam.

–noun

an adherent of Islam.

Black Muslim.

Also, Moslem, Muslem ( for defs. 1, 2 ) .

From Dictionary.com

It's a British story pertaining to British offices. I'm gonna go ahead and guess that the American offices don't have to adhere to the same rules.

Heck, I won't be surprised if the entire story is overblown and exaggerated. Or simply untrue. It's a British tabloid for God's sake.

On a side note, those salvation army stands really need to add a debit/credit card processor. I feel like a bum walking around with them jingling the bells everywhere, but I don't carry cash around.

It's a British story pertaining to British offices. I'm gonna go ahead and guess that the American offices don't have to adhere to the same rules.Heck, I won't be surprised if the entire story is overblown and exaggerated. Or simply untrue. It's a British tabloid for God's sake.
Overblown and exaggerated in regards to the war on Christmas; wow what a shocker.

Red Cross Bans Christmas

Staff have been ordered to take down decorations and to remove any other signs of the Christian festival because they could offend Moslems.

The charity's politically-correct move triggered an avalanche of criticism and mockery last night - from Christians and Moslems.

Christine Banks, a volunteer at a Red Cross shop in New Romney, Kent, said: 'We put up a nativity scene in the window and were told to take it out. It seems we can't have anything that means Christmas. We're allowed to have some tinsel but that's it.

'When we send cards they have to say season's greetings or best wishes. They must not be linked directly to Christmas.

Mrs Banks added: ' We have been instructed that we can't say anything about Christmas and we certainly can't have a Christmas tree.

' I think the policy is offensive to Moslems as well as to us. No reasonable person can object to Christians celebrating Christmas. But we are not supposed to show any sign of Christianity at all.'
Does the "war" on christmas keep you up at night weeping into your pillow.

oh, and Christmas trees and wreaths/etc. are all quite secular anyway, having been borrowed from pagan traditions in which the tree wards off evil spirits (the decorations having ritual and spiritual significances)

so, unless the Red Cross is sending out sermons from the Bible or depictions of Jesus, I'm not sure why it would be a big deal to anyone within the organization. (nativities I can understand though)

Is this in response to the aetheist thread from earlier today? :lmao:

Last edited by a moderator:
Red Cross Bans Christmas

How ridiculous. I wonder if the person who instructed the workers to remove all Christmas decorations has always been a spineless wimp? Afraid to offend the muslims? Good grief is this what we've become? how embarrassing.....

oh, and Christmas trees and wreaths/etc. are all quite secular anyway, having been borrowed from pagan traditions in which the tree wards off evil spirits (the decorations having ritual and spiritual significances)
:unsure: OMG. Thank you for enlightening us with this new information. I threw my tree in the fire and used the wreath for skeet shooting practice. :goodposting:

BRITISH Red Cross not the same as AMERICAN Red Crossfacts. sorry.
Doesnt matter, its still ridiculous. If the offended muslims dont like it they can always leave britain and head back home. I wouldnt expect to go to Iraq and have them stop ringing the muslim bell to pray and to take down their stuff for their customs..

It's a British story pertaining to British offices. I'm gonna go ahead and guess that the American offices don't have to adhere to the same rules.

Heck, I won't be surprised if the entire story is overblown and exaggerated. Or simply untrue. It's a British tabloid for God's gosh sakes.
In keeping with the theme of the thread I fixed your post. YWIA

BRITISH Red Cross

not the same as AMERICAN Red Cross

facts. sorry.
Doesnt matter, its still ridiculous. If the offended muslims dont like it they can always leave britain and head back home. I wouldnt expect to go to Iraq and have them stop ringing the muslim bell to pray and to take down their stuff for their customs..
Hi Peens,What about the non-Muslims who don't want pagan christian traditions shoved in their face?

Thanks,

Cliff

BRITISH Red Cross

facts. sorry.
Hi Peens,What about the non-Muslims who don't want pagan christian traditions shoved in their face?

Thanks,

Cliff
I think those people need to get a life and grow thicker skin....

BRITISH Red Cross

facts. sorry.

Thanks,

Cliff
Tough ####

BRITISH Red Cross

facts. sorry.

Thanks,

Cliff
Tough ####
Peens and RBM make a formidable duo.

Thanks,

Cliff
You can apply that reasoning to any holiday...What about the non-Irish who don't want Irishness shoved in their face on St. Patrick's Day?

What about those in bad relationships who don't want to be reminded of good relationships on St. Valentine's Day?

What about the religious who are against pagan traditions being celebrated on Halloween?

What about the unpatriotic who don't want patriotism shoved down their throat on The Fourth of July?

Do we get rid of the public celebration of all holidays because some may be offended? Do we only get rid of the public celebration of religious holidays because some may be offended? Do we get rid of the public celebration of holidays only when x number of people get offended? Do we get rid of the public celebration of certain holidays only when certain people get offended? Which best fits the rule we want to create?

What about the Muslims who were born there?? :confused:

What about the Muslims who were born there?? :confused:
What about them? Should we get rid of EVERY holiday or celebration because everything seems to offend everyone these days...its all nonsense.

Thanks,

Cliff
You can apply that reasoning to any holiday...What about the non-Irish who don't want Irishness shoved in their face on St. Patrick's Day?

What about those in bad relationships who don't want to be reminded of good relationships on St. Valentine's Day?

What about the religious who are against pagan traditions being celebrated on Halloween?

What about the unpatriotic who don't want patriotism shoved down their throat on The Fourth of July?

Do we get rid of the public celebration of all holidays because some may be offended? Do we only get rid of the public celebration of religious holidays because some may be offended? Do we get rid of the public celebration of holidays only when x number of people get offended? Do we get rid of the public celebration of certain holidays only when certain people get offended? Which best fits the rule we want to create?
who is "we"

do you thik the Red Cross (in Great Britain) should be forced into having Christmas decorations? Shouldn't it be their choice?

What are you, a commie?

who is "we"

do you thik the Red Cross (in Great Britain) should be forced into having Christmas decorations? Shouldn't it be their choice?

What are you, a commie?
"We" is all members of society. I think you read my post wrong if you're asking the other three questions.

Now that the British Red Cross story has been debunked, here's a recent American example from Minnesota. This one is a little different, though, because it's in a quasi-school related program as opposed to in public and it specifically involves kids who are generally more impressionable.

One fewer stop for Santa this year: He's banned from Head Start classes in St. Peter (Dec 16 2010, Link)

Santa Claus, as portrayed by Dennis Jackson, won't be visiting students at the Head Start classes in St. Peter this year. Jackson has made appearances the past four years at the classes for students who need help preparing for school, but this year officials said, "No, no, no."

The reason: The classes have many immigrant children who don't celebrate Christmas, says the Mankato Free Press.

Santa's a little frosted, the paper says. It kind of burnt me up,” he said.

The official explanation from Chris Marben, who coordinates regional Head Start programs through Mankato-based Minnesota Valley Action Council: “We have Somali families in the program. We’re respecting the wishes of families in the program.”

She didn't say how many objections were made, but said more than one would be enough to cancel Santa.

“The simple truth is that southern Minnesota has become a much more culturally diverse society than it was a few decades ago,” she told the paper. “Part of our challenge in Head Start is providing an environment where young children from many different cultures can all feel comfortable.”

Jackson said rather than depriving the rest of the group of the Santa experience, parents who object should take their kids out of the class during the half hour he spends talking to the kids and giving them candy.

Last edited by a moderator:

Heck, I won't be surprised if the entire story is overblown and exaggerated. Or simply untrue. It's a British tabloid for God's sake.
:thumbup: Do not click this link if you love Christmas as much as Peens.
:hot: @ the comments:

"I will look further into this matter but if the red cross is against Christians then I will no longer support the red cross in anyway. Please make your position on Christmas and Christians more clear. Thank you and Merry Christmas…"

"Not one cent, not one drop more of blood. Too many people have said this is true to be a myth."

"For the record; Lord Jesus is coming a heck of a lot sooner than anyone thinks. The scientist have discovered a new sound that was not [there] coming from the eastern universe in relation to earth, that is growing louder and coming closer. They say at the magnitude it could be at when it arrives to earth is uncomprehensive. None of their best pc’s can figure out what the sound is or where it originated from, yet it is growing in magnitude. My-comment; No pc can figure out the sound because no pc knows what a heavenly host of angels sounds like announcing the Return of Christ. Enough said."

"regarding your happy holidays statement, I don’t give one damn what you say, Christianity is well persecuted across the globe, your is a non acknowledgement to it.

that said not one cent or drop of blood to you from me to you either. that stands for as long as I walk the earth, and I will mention this to other Christians."

Lot of angry christians imo. God would not be happy with so much hate

"For the record; Lord Jesus is coming a heck of a lot sooner than anyone thinks. The scientist have discovered a new sound that was not [there] coming from the eastern universe in relation to earth, that is growing louder and coming closer. They say at the magnitude it could be at when it arrives to earth is uncomprehensive. None of their best pc’s can figure out what the sound is or where it originated from, yet it is growing in magnitude. My-comment; No pc can figure out the sound because no pc knows what a heavenly host of angels sounds like announcing the Return of Christ. Enough said."
:yes: :headbang: :pickle:

Users who are viewing this thread