What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

SNL is Friggin' Horrible! Except when Timberlake is hosting. (3 Viewers)

Laughed harder at this episode than any all season. Most were during the monologue and Black Jeopardy though.

Last edited by a moderator:
Haven't been watching much lately. Who is this dude doing weekend update? He's horrible.
His name is Colin Jost. He's been a writer for the show for almost 10 years, and has contributed a ton of Weekend Update material, both news jokes and commentary characters. Got the gig Weekend Update gig when Seth Meyers left the show a few weeks ago. He wasn't a cast member when he was named Meyers's replacement as co-anchor - I'm not even sure if he had a speaking part in a sketch before taking the desk.

Can't say I'm a fan so far. I suppose it could be argued that he's spoofing local news anchors who are way too stiff on camera, or he's selling the character as a straight-man newsreader. But if that's his angle, it's not a good fit with what Cecily Strong is doing, checking in with the audience a lot and frequently reacting to the crowd's reaction to punch lines.

Anyone know what was edited out of weekend update? Strong's first joke was edited out of west coast feed. The obama/putin joke.

Anyone know what was edited out of weekend update? Strong's first joke was edited out of west coast feed. The obama/putin joke.
31:35 mark.

Seems harmless enough. :shrug:
Wait, what? - They edited out a comedy bit?

How is this ok?
So I just watched it.

Joke is:

- Obama ends diplomatic phone call with Putin by saying, "Lovayaaa, bye!"

Did someone actually get offended by this and call NBC and ask them to pull it?

I'm definitely an SNL apologist, but tonight's was as bad as I can remember. Saw an interesting comment about how they don't do as well when they do 3 weeks in a row - and this was definitely true this week.

I liked Shallon, but I would like to see the "guest speaker" get more and more frustrated and eventually turned to her side, vs. the giving up that usually happens. The rest was pretty bad.

I laughed my ### off last night, the different opinions on here never fail to amaze.

Maybe you have to be married and have a PMSing wife to get it, but the dog food one was hilarious.

Update was good also, except the stupid Jewish kid, need to drop that one.

BIG POPPI. If you suffer from depression....DON'T

I'm definitely an SNL apologist, but tonight's was as bad as I can remember. Saw an interesting comment about how they don't do as well when they do 3 weeks in a row - and this was definitely true this week.

I liked Shallon, but I would like to see the "guest speaker" get more and more frustrated and eventually turned to her side, vs. the giving up that usually happens. The rest was pretty bad.
I honestly feel like I'm watching a different show than you people sometimes. Last night's show was fine. Actually thought it was one of the best ones of the year.

Last edited by a moderator:
Andrew Garfield & Coldplay

Reason to be optimistic: several weeks off, should have had time to put some good material together.

Reason to be pessimistic: Andrew Garfield & Coldplay

So getting Sasheer wasn't enough, they dressed up Biz Markie in drag and added him to the Weekend Update?

kupcho1 said:
tdoss said:
So getting Sasheer wasn't enough, they dressed up Biz Markie in drag and added him to the Weekend Update?
At least "they" didn't promote it, amirite Donald?BTW, thought The Beygency was pretty strong as well.
I felt a bit ashamed after I jumped up, screamed YEAH! and pumped my fist when Jack and Chloe showed up.

The Weekend Update bit with the black woman was hilarious. People are stupid if they want to get up offended by that.

Users who are viewing this thread