What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

SNL is Friggin' Horrible! Except when Timberlake is hosting. (5 Viewers)

SNL40 and there's more Miley Cyrus, Kanye West, and Betty friggin White than Eddie Murphy? Just does not seem right.

I'm a few hours behind but damn did Chevy look bad, maybe be realized how much of a #### he was to everybody and really regrets it. Wanted to say some more but never got it out.

McCartney played till 1am Saturday night, might have something to do with how rough he sounded tonight. Still awesome seeing a Beatle perform.

I'm only an hour in and everything has been great except for the Californians.

On the West Coast so don't want to read this thread yet re tonights show, but when Connery said "I'll take Whore Ads for $100" I almost fell on the floor. Alec - "that's Who Reads Mr. Connery"

To be fair, a huge part of SNL has always been cutting edge musical artists. Kanye is as big as it gets in music and that was sort of edgy.
bull####.
I'm not sure what there is to call BS on. I can't stand Kanye, but he is a huge star and that was a different performance than I have ever seen and it had an attempt at social commentary. The two Pauls didn't sound all that good themselves so Kanye fit right in.

Last edited by a moderator:
Loved it. This thread was awful tonight though. Paul McCartney is 70 and touring like crazy. He had to do a one off song cold and people rip him. So sad. People like you are the reason 40 year olds starts internet threads about dying their hair

Loved it. This thread was awful tonight though. Paul McCartney is 70 and touring like crazy. He had to do a one off song cold and people rip him. So sad. People like you are the reason 40 year olds starts internet threads about dying their hair
No kidding. Not to mention McCartney played a last minute show Saturday night at an intimate venue with cheap tickets:

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/live-reviews/paul-mccartney-plays-surprise-valentines-day-concert-in-new-york-20150215

No kidding. Not to mention McCartney played a last minute show Saturday night at an intimate venue with cheap tickets:

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/live-reviews/paul-mccartney-plays-surprise-valentines-day-concert-in-new-york-20150215
These people here have done nothing but sit on their asses and listen to him or Paul Simon play for their whole lives and then #### on them the first chance they get. Terrible. The internet sucks cf cf

These people here have done nothing but sit on their asses and listen to him or Paul Simon play for their whole lives and then #### on them the first chance they get. Terrible. The internet sucks cf cf
I still say that Paul Simon sounded lousy. He usually sounds good and I'm a fan. Relax Willie.

People giving their guts on stage vs. people sitting on their azzes typing on a keyboard. Makes me feel sad for kanye almost. The show wasn't perfect but good g-d what is

sorry I don't have Paul's full schedule printed out

Disappointed there wasn't more Eddie....but great intro by Rock. Put Eddie's stature in perspective. 48 Hours and Trading Places while he was a cast member?

Miley Cyrus was good. 10 years from now, her rep will be different...and these years will just be her crazy youth.

Kanye had one of the most memorable musical performances in SNL history a few years ago.

SNL40 and there's more Miley Cyrus, Kanye West, and Betty friggin White than Eddie Murphy? Just does not seem right.
I'm sure that was Murphy's choice. Not Lorne Michaels'. I guess he feels he is a much, much bigger star than everyone else who was ever on the show. He only appeared because they offered him a 5 minute ### kissing.

The Chevy chase skit with the man shouting what he said...what was up with that? I'm reading his opening line when he said "um um um" was a shot at Bill Murray and Norm and the crew were busting on Chevy during their introduction to him. Anyone know the scoop?

The Chevy chase skit with the man shouting what he said...what was up with that? I'm reading his opening line when he said "um um um" was a shot at Bill Murray and Norm and the crew were busting on Chevy during their introduction to him. Anyone know the scoop?
Thats an old skit with him and Garrett Morris from Season 1 or 2. It was when they used Garrett to translate for those "hard of hearin" during Weekend Update. They brought Garrett on like he was going to do sign language and he started repeating Chevy while yelling every word back at the camera. I always got a kick out of this when I saw it.

How was that a shot at bill ?

SNL40 and there's more Miley Cyrus, Kanye

West, and Betty friggin White than Eddie

Murphy? Just does not seem right.
I'm sure that was Murphy's choice. Not Lorne Michaels'. I guess he feels he is a much, much bigger star than everyone else who was

ever on the show. He only appeared because they offered him a 5 minute ### kissing.
I seem to remember Eddie getting his panties in a bunch after David Spade took at shot at him

on Weekend Update. I think it was after Eddie had a few straight bombs at the box office and they showed his picture while Spade said Look Mommy, A falling star. Thought he had been out on the show since that time.

How was that a shot at bill ?
Chevy Chase was trending on twitter. One tweet said it was mocking Murray for stuttering and saying um earlier in the show. Lots of tweets about cast members not liking him, he looked like Ben Franklin, and weight jokes.

I bet Lorne would have loved to incorporate Chevy Chase into more of the3 show last night, but it looks like he's both physically and mentally unable to do a whole lot.

Oh peopke making drama. I didn'tread anything into it but I really don't care. I thought they were just going for a joke about their intro but his delivery is terrible. Like thanks for that uh, generous Introduction?

Last night was the first time I ever heard him say publicly he should have stayed on the show. He used always say he didn't regret it

:shrug:

Thats an old skit with him and Garrett Morris from Season 1 or 2. It was when they used Garrett to translate for those "hard of hearin" during Weekend Update. They brought Garrett on like he was going to do sign language and he started repeating Chevy while yelling every word back at the camera. I always got a kick out of this when I saw it.
Season 1. Chase co-created Weekend Update and was the first host...and that gig with Garrett was one of the early hits.

Users who are viewing this thread