What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

SNL is Friggin' Horrible! Except when Timberlake is hosting. (1 Viewer)

was it just me or did we get a little bit of Gaga nipple in that opening skit?

check it

Last edited by a moderator:
Anybody else notice that Lady Gaga is a little bit weird?
She is one of those people that I have no idea how on earth she got famous.
She is very talented and has a wonderful voice. I just see no need for the "LOOK WHAT A WEIRDO I AM!!!" shtick.Of course, I'm not her target demographic either.
I remember my parents telling me Madonna and Michael Jackson were weird too. Turns out they were right, but it didn't make them any less talented.

Last night's show was a disappointment. JT's short with Samberg wasn't as good as Mother Lover or **** In A Box, Weekend Update wasn't as funny as it usually is, and the other skits just weren't as good as usual. JT did a good job....the writing just wasn't there.

I think the episode with Tina Fey and Ellie Goulding a couple of weeks back was much better. That was the one with the Jack Sparrow short.

Gaga's body is really pretty good. Never noticed that before.

Liked the opening sketch a lot, digital short was good, what's your name was good, and Barry Gibb show was also funny, but I agree with Shuke that it is a little old. Just an awesome impression.

Didn't care about liquorville and usually fast forward through most of weekend update. Anything else I've forgotten.

Gaga's body is really pretty good. Never noticed that before.Liked the opening sketch a lot, digital short was good, what's your name was good, and Barry Gibb show was also funny, but I agree with Shuke that it is a little old. Just an awesome impression.Didn't care about liquorville and usually fast forward through most of weekend update. Anything else I've forgotten.
I thought the Herb the Reporter skit was hilarious.

I didn't question your right to find him funny. I am simply vexed than anyone laughs at Armison.
Did you ever watch Portlandia? I am starting to really like that show a lot and he is the main guy in it. I can't say I ever noticed him much in SNL, but he is $ on Portlandia.

Gaga's body is really pretty good. Never noticed that before.Liked the opening sketch a lot, digital short was good, what's your name was good, and Barry Gibb show was also funny, but I agree with Shuke that it is a little old. Just an awesome impression.Didn't care about liquorville and usually fast forward through most of weekend update. Anything else I've forgotten.
Fast forwarded through that. Never been into that character. Maybe I'll go back and re-watch if you are serious.

Fast forwarded through that. Never been into that character. Maybe I'll go back and re-watch if you are serious.
Yeah, serious. Some reason the old dude cracks me up.

I didn't question your right to find him funny. I am simply vexed than anyone laughs at Armison.
Did you ever watch Portlandia? I am starting to really like that show a lot and he is the main guy in it. I can't say I ever noticed him much in SNL, but he is $ on Portlandia.
I should. I really like The Whitest Kids U Know on IFC - so that should be good enough reason to give Portlandia a shot.

I should. I really like The Whitest Kids U Know on IFC - so that should be good enough reason to give Portlandia a shot.
I'm watching whitest kids you know as i first read your reply. :thumbup: I was never into them when they first came out, but I like them a lot now. I have season pass to record them on IFC.I was in HS in the early 90's and Portlandia is all about making fun of people from the 90's. It's pretty hilarous... but I don't know if I would get it if I didn't grow up at that time.

I'm watching whitest kids you know as i first read your reply. :thumbup: I was never into them when they first came out, but I like them a lot now. I have season pass to record them on IFC.I was in HS in the early 90's and Portlandia is all about making fun of people from the 90's. It's pretty hilarous... but I don't know if I would get it if I didn't grow up at that time.
Sweet. Did you ever watch The State or Mr. Show? Those were pretty original sketch shows, as well.

Sweet. Did you ever watch The State or Mr. Show? Those were pretty original sketch shows, as well.

'Sconch said:
'Please See Mine said:
'Sconch said:
'Please See Mine said:
Bill Hader is probably the funniest (and most talented) current cast member.

'Gr00vus said:
'jdoggydogg said:
'Jutz said:
'jdoggydogg said:
'Jutz said:
Was that directed by Famous Mortimer?

'Gr00vus said:
'jdoggydogg said:
'Jutz said:
'jdoggydogg said:
'Jutz said:

OMG!!! SNL SUCKS!!! I'LL BE SURE TO WATCH IT NEXT WEEK AND LET YOU KNOW IF IT STILL SUCKS!!!
Pretty much. This has been a running meme since 1980 or so. I'm certainly not saying there hasn't been suckiness in that span. There's been a lot. But what has worked for me has been sucky to others. There are different viewers. I personally loved the Hartman/Sandler/Spade/Farley years, but many thought those were a low point. To each his own.I watch now and again. Sometimes I like. Sometimes not.

It's a bit hard to call out somebody for watching and liking unless they're totally watching to hate (as some are). I'd suspect that many have at least some hope of being entertained.

My wife and I usually DVR and at least watch the music sets. Is it just me, or did the 2nd of this season really suck music-wise?

Last season and first half this year we had Pearl Jam, Jay-Z, Eminem, and Kanye....can't think of any memorable ones since.

'Sconch said:
'Please See Mine said:
'Sconch said:
'Please See Mine said:
Bill Hader is probably the funniest (and most talented) current cast member.
Of course. Not even up for debate.

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

My wife and I usually DVR and at least watch the music sets. Is it just me, or did the 2nd of this season really suck music-wise?Last season and first half this year we had Pearl Jam, Jay-Z, Eminem, and Kanye....can't think of any memorable ones since.
Ya I agree but can you name alot of good, new, big name musical acts today? I sure as hell can't.

Did the game delay the start? Or am I suffering through the local news while snl has started already?

I love Barkley, this is the first time I've watched live in years. Literally did not crack a smile during Samberg's Santorum opening.

Users who are viewing this thread