What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

SNL is Friggin' Horrible! Except when Timberlake is hosting. (4 Viewers)

I thought the Thanksgiving sketch was pretty great, and I loved King Princess (both songs). 
Without getting too political, did you think the Thanksgiving sketch gave off an unintended pro-right wing slant?  I know it was a parody and flipping the script towards pale faces, buuuuut the Grandpa was right about the blankets and stealing land. 

also, seth meyers was on Stern the other day and mentioned that Jost is the one who first found Che and suggested that he be brought in as a guest writer.  this was before the daily show.  Che was apparently the first guest writer that ever stuck with the show.  And he is supposedly a great sketch writer.  I can't remember which sketch meyers referenced, but he brought up a really good sketch that was written by che.
Che’s big break as a guest writer was The M&M Store with Zach Galifinakis.  

He also wrote a filmed piece about a team of subway dancers, one of whom was “L’il Peanut” Josh Hutcherson.

IIRC the sequel to 12 Years A Slave sketch was Che and Jay Pharaoh.  

Without getting too political, did you think the Thanksgiving sketch gave off an unintended pro-right wing slant?  I know it was a parody and flipping the script towards pale faces, buuuuut the Grandpa was right about the blankets and stealing land. 
Yeah, I would have liked to have heard an outlandish theory from the fox (e.g. there has to be a "you, crane" joke in a draft somewhere). I felt that breaking the 4th wall at the end to admit how ridiculous the whole sketch was kinda forgave the righty tone 

It was really weird.  Considering that the white people really did destroy the native Americans, The natural parallel was that the incurrent immigrants are also completely destroying America.

then they broke the fourth wall with that unfunny non-ending which was terrible sketch construction but kind of saved them from the politics

It was really weird.  Considering that the white people really did destroy the native Americans, The natural parallel was that the incurrent immigrants are also completely destroying America.

then they broke the fourth wall with that unfunny non-ending which was terrible sketch construction but kind of saved them from the politics
Pretty much how I felt about it.  They dropped the cow and hoped Ferrell could rescue it by sheer force.  Very early-mid 90s era move.

I watch SNL til Noir Alley comes on TCM @ midnight and i keep praying for a reason to miss the movie or, at least, the intro. Not even close - more often than not end up checking out the end of Austin City Limits before the flick comes on. This is so sad for me - the cold open was the perfect example. Writing the Macron/Trudeau/Boris snub as a Mean Girls sketch was a deadbang idea, but the set-up, development & execution was str8up middle-school talentshow. Then three sketches about JLo being hot. Since they love their cameos so much, couldnt they have at least invited Molly Shannon back to have Sally O'Malley & JLo's Hustlers character do a "I'm taking it off and i'm FIFTY, 5-0. I kick....strip.....aaaand kick! Weeee're fifty! sketch?

Last edited by a moderator:
bigmarc27 said:
I wonder what the girl who walks on her hands and shakes her ### puts on her resume. 
my lady said quote her mom must be so proud endquote and that got a laugh out of me take that to the bank brohan 

DallasDMac said:
I thought the monologue was also pretty "look at me" based. So I wouldn't be surprised if her direction to the writer's was "lets make it all about how gorgeous I am."
The monologue and basically everything before weekend update was talking about how great she was. 

Scarlett elevated the show with a lot of energy, and with a lot of effort in each of her skits. You could almost feel the temperature drop in the skits without her. 

That bright blue tattoo on her left arm was way distracting. 

Users who are viewing this thread