What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

SNL is Friggin' Horrible! Except when Timberlake is hosting. (3 Viewers)

They gave the best sketch to the worst performer.  Masterclasses would be hilarious for almost any celeb imitation - Al Pacino on playing famous people exactly the same, Jared Kushner on ruling the world from the kids' table, any Kardashian or Housewife on Kardashianing or Housewifing
The Carole Baskin was spot on.

The Carole Baskin was spot on.
I know I'm officially old.

I had zero clue who any of the 3 were 

Actually I won't say old, I just don't care about pop culture anymore....so old I guess :)

i appreciate the effort the cast made. It wasn't great but I appreciate the effort

In general I very much enjoyed last nights episode.  Had a few moments where I was laughing at loud.   I’m not a big fan of Miley Cyrus in general—but I’m also not going to hate on those who enjoyed her performance.  I just find her awkward sounding and awkward looking. It’s like she looks and sounds like somebody that should be 25 years older than she is. 

great voice, but i keep waiting for Miley Cyrus to stick out her tongue, point to her nipple or find other ways to embarrass her embarrassing daddy too much for me to listen to her do something serious. great song is all that is -
I agree, it was a flashback to Miley doing "50 Ways To Leave Your Lover" on the SNL 40th anniversary special. I kept waiting for her to ruin the performance by doing something stupid.

Last edited by a moderator:
great voice, but i keep waiting for Miley Cyrus to stick out her tongue, point to her nipple or find other ways to embarrass her embarrassing daddy too much for me to listen to her do something serious. great song is all that is -
You'd know as well as anyone...why do you think Lorne has taken her in as the SNL go-to artist now?

You'd know as well as anyone...why do you think Lorne has taken her in as the SNL go-to artist now?
mostly cuz he's an ol' poop but, now that i think of it, he could see some Gilda energy in her. to know Gilda was to be in love, oompossible to resist. anyone who knew her will always be looking for any other spark of that kind of spontaneity/vulnerability

How could Gilmour/Waters allow this trailer trash to disgrace their amazing song?  And, as someone who has sung this song (brilliantly) a hundred times in the car and shower, I have to ask - what was that na-na-na-na-na... crap?  I will try to erase her blasphemy from my memory.
The FF button on my DVR took care of that. Admittedly, wife and I rarely watch the musical acts.

This was pretty good, just needed more cowbell.
How could Gilmour/Waters allow this trailer trash to disgrace their amazing song?  And, as someone who has sung this song (brilliantly) a hundred times in the car and shower, I have to ask - what was that na-na-na-na-na... crap?  I will try to erase her blasphemy from my memory.
From a legal point of view, a songwriter has no power to stop someone from covering their song.

The FF button on my DVR took care of that. Admittedly, wife and I rarely watch the musical acts.
We did exactly the same. Heard the song choice and said "great song". Then heard her goat voice and said "man, she’s ruining it". Fast forward. 

For some reason the “What’s wrong with this picture” sketch always strikes me funny. I guess it’s basically a copy of the old Jeopardy sketch but I like it. “That family is all white and that just doesn’t fly these days, there needs to be at least one weird one” was a good line. 

Unrelated but I may have a thing for Chloe Fineman.

For some reason the “What’s wrong with this picture” sketch always strikes me funny. I guess it’s basically a copy of the old Jeopardy sketch but I like it. “That family is all white and that just doesn’t fly these days, there needs to be at least one weird one” was a good line. 

Unrelated but I may have a thing for Chloe Fineman.
she looked pretty good as britney

i've never missed an SNL season premiere - like church to me. cold open was a study in comic ambivalence and, in case you didnt know, those two words dont go together. sad world when Chris Rock reads his standup..........................but the test of the writing staff is always the first sketch, the one theyve had months&months to think about putting on. last nite's was about people getting funny names changed at City Hall.there was a time Lorne Michaels wouldnt allow funny names to be used in regular sketches.................. at midnight, i switched to the John Prine retrospective on Austin City Limits.

wikkidpissah said:
i've never missed an SNL season premiere - like church to me. cold open was a study in comic ambivalence and, in case you didnt know, those two words dont go together. sad world when Chris Rock reads his standup..........................but the test of the writing staff is always the first sketch, the one theyve had months&months to think about putting on. last nite's was about people getting funny names changed at City Hall.there was a time Lorne Michaels wouldnt allow funny names to be used in regular sketches.................. at midnight, i switched to the John Prine retrospective on Austin City Limits.
And it went downhill from the funny names. I bailed after a few sketches. I haven't watched this in a long time...with an army of performers and no apparent quality writing, I don't think this is the season I'll be returning 

Did everyone pull the plug on SNL after another poor start? If so, you can watch Jack White's scorching performance here: https://youtu.be/bhN4M4aS50U 
Tuned in last night. Not an SNL devotee in the least, but was interested to see the opening, Bill Burr, and White. Loved White doing "Ball And Biscuit." Other than White, I was mildly entertained. 

I thought White was fantastic. I was disappointed with Burr. He seemed rusty and rightfully so. Seems like a tough spot for a comedian.

I thought White was fantastic. I was disappointed with Burr. He seemed rusty and rightfully so. Seems like a tough spot for a comedian.
Has he ever done sketch comedy before? He seemed like a bit of a fish out of water last night.

Has he ever done sketch comedy before? He seemed like a bit of a fish out of water last night.
I notice most stand ups have a poor showing on SNL w the cue card stuff. I predicted Burr would be just as bad. 

Bad damn he's just naturally funny. It's a weird thing when stand ups host because you can tell they just want to break into a bit but they have to follow the cue cards. 

I found the "woke mafia" sketch hilarious and would bet Bill wrote that himself or at least pitched the concept 

Users who are viewing this thread