Jump to content
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

if this has been posted already, I apologize. This is the best source I have seen to let you compare the streaming services and it updates daily.  Tons of info if you click around https://st

The day of reckoning is here for many! The NFL and Sony just announced the Sony VUE will have access to the NFL Network and REDZONE beginning this season. For the multitudes of people who ha

First over the air channels (OTA).  You can get, and maybe already do, all the local channels OTA in high definition.  You’ll also get more than you suspect if you haven’t tuned in to OTA for many yea

1 hour ago, tonydead said:

 

Google, "reddit NFL Streams".  Take 30 seconds clicking around to find a working link.

or

VPN your IP address outside North America and you can get the full Gamepass from NFL.com.  It's going for around $150 and includes redzone, replay, NFL network, and all games no blackouts.  If you want all the games from just your team you can get that for $89.

 

Coming at you from São Paulo Brazil ?? :bye:

Edited by Osaurus
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Socrates11 said:

Last time I tried NFL streams on reddit I was taken to a site and I was supposed to create an account to watch? I declined, but is that what you have to do?

Just close that window and go back to the play button you pushed the first time that triggered the pop up and it should work the second time.  I think it's part advertising and part throwing off the scent.  

Also, scroll down a little and try different links, some don't have the pop ups and after a while you start to recognize which ones are reliable.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Cox sucks.  I was on a promotion for internet, which i didn't know, and it expired on aug 28.  Got a bill for all of aug and it was $30 more.  I asked, "so you are billing me $30 for 3 days?"  Rep couldn't give me an answer and couldn't offer any service i felt worth paying ($20 more than basically same speed as at&t).  Tried to cancel and they said that office is closed due to the holiday.  Wtf?

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, FairWarning said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tgpoTMx9ARE

 

Here is a youtube video for Nitro TV, it has all of the sports packages on it.  I pay $15/month for 2700+ channels.  The NFL channels are at the 30 min mark of the video.  

So, i skimmed the video. Are you happy with it? You able to watch feeds of live football games from local feeds? It looks pretty good. What do you need to run it? A Roku? Firestick? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, ProstheticRGK said:

So, i skimmed the video. Are you happy with it? You able to watch feeds of live football games from local feeds? It looks pretty good. What do you need to run it? A Roku? Firestick? 

I love it, they are adding more channels today.  I’ll post what they added, supposedly some Aussie channels.  If you have a smart tv, you can download the app, else you’ll need a fire stick.  

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, Mr. Ham said:

Been unhappy with AT&T Uverse for awhile, and finally took the leap over the weekend to cut the cable.  Bought a Roku Ultimate for the main smart TV, and subscribing to Sling plus some extra channels for $50 / mo. + Netflix, HBO Now and Amazon (which we already had).  Bought Roku Smart Sticks for the other TVs.  Can stream Sling on up to 4.  Digital antennae on main TV for local channels.  Might add DVR on Sling for another $5/mo.  All told, saving about $75 a month without much degradation in choice between what we watch. 

Love that I got everything down to one simple remote and smart TV allows me to seamlessly switch between local, smart apps and Roku.  Cleaner and more elegant in terms of usability.  And because crappy AT&T compressed the TV signal to garbage, the streaming channels look significantly better than the channels on AT&T. 

Even if I paid the same as I did, I'd be proud to be ditching the legacy cable model and all of its greed and poor support.  Adios.

In the process of doing this now - wife wants to keep the home number, so have ordered an Obi200 to use with GogoleVoice - just need to go through the hassle of porting the Uverse phone number to a mobile one (ordered a TMobile Sim card for this) and then port to Google Voice. If she didn't want to keep the number (we've had it almost 20 years, so I understand why she wants it) would just set up a new number with google.

Switching to Spectrum for internet service - should be much more stable and a lot faster.

I already have two FireSticks and a FireTV, so going that route over Rokus.

Once all that is in place, I'll play with the free preview options of Sling, YoutTube TV, etc. Certain channels my wife really wants, so I'm comparing options there to see what gets the most of what she wants. We already had Netflix and Amazon prime.

When all is said and done, should be saving close to $100 or more per month, which will quickly pay for any upfront costs if I need to add additional FireTVs or Sticks anywhere.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Mr. Ham said:

Been unhappy with AT&T Uverse for awhile, and finally took the leap over the weekend to cut the cable.  Bought a Roku Ultimate for the main smart TV, and subscribing to Sling plus some extra channels for $50 / mo. + Netflix, HBO Now and Amazon (which we already had).  Bought Roku Smart Sticks for the other TVs.  Can stream Sling on up to 4.  Digital antennae on main TV for local channels.  Might add DVR on Sling for another $5/mo.  All told, saving about $75 a month without much degradation in choice between what we watch. 

Love that I got everything down to one simple remote and smart TV allows me to seamlessly switch between local, smart apps and Roku.  Cleaner and more elegant in terms of usability.  And because crappy AT&T compressed the TV signal to garbage, the streaming channels look significantly better than the channels on AT&T. 

Even if I paid the same as I did, I'd be proud to be ditching the legacy cable model and all of its greed and poor support.  Adios.

Maybe you know this, but I didn't.  With Sling you can only stream ORANGE channels to 1 device at a time.  You can stream BLUE channels to 3 devices at a time.  Although true, Sling saying you can stream to 4 devices at once is misleading.

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, ProstheticRGK said:

So, i skimmed the video. Are you happy with it? You able to watch feeds of live football games from local feeds? It looks pretty good. What do you need to run it? A Roku? Firestick? 

They have their own section but 3/4s of the preseason games were on live local feeds.  A few teams had oddball networks, but there was a good chance you could find the other teams feed.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, culdeus said:

My strictly internet bill has creeped past 70 bucks.  Time to look at other options.  Jesus.

If you’re using it for streaming, try to negotiate with them if you have other good options.  I would hate to lower speed if you stream a lot.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, culdeus said:

My strictly internet bill has creeped past 70 bucks.  Time to look at other options.  Jesus.

The only high speed internet option I have where I live would be $90 for internet alone.  Hitting $150 with their combo isn't so bad, when it's HD with a DVR they throw in. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Does anyone here have Verizon Fios and PS Vue? I switched to Fios yesterday, and the PS Vue was working fine. I woke up today and now it won't connect to the server, on any device. I called both companies and PS said its an issue with the latest update on the Fios side. I'm waiting for a call back from Verizon, but in the meantime, I can't find any info on this issue on the internet. I've tried all the usual troubleshooting. Rebooted router and modem, unistalled and reinstalled the app, etc. Help?

 

ETA: Nevermind. I tried contacting PS Vue again, and they did an account reset and it seems like it fixed the issue.

Edited by Man In The Box
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/4/2018 at 6:14 PM, Mr. Ham said:

Upon further review, signed up for DirecTV NOW.  Able to save $15 per months on channels we want (vs. Sling), plus can bundle HBO for $5, which saves another $10 versus what I thought we’d pay.  

And, local major networks thrown in!

And 20 hours DVR free!

No brainer.

Plus, agree with previous poster that picture quality is better than Sling.

I’m usually on the road for work during the week.  Bought another Roku stick that I’m using in my hotel room.  Great to be able to bring all my TV with me.

As fate would have it, hotel cable happened to be out, so saved me.  I like to have the news on while I work.

(DirecTV promotion is sending a free stick for prepaying a month, so I’ll return one I bought this weekend).

Next step is to renegotiate internet.  Maybe AT&T will bundle, but now I get 25Mbps and it drops out regularly, and for $45 I can get Spectrum 200Mbps, so they better make me a good deal and fix the quality issues, or I’m gone.  

This is a living example of why innovation and competition are good things.  I have some actual choice, and will net a big monthly savings with better convenience.

Leaning toward this route also, except can't get passed the "DirecTV" portion here.  We have regular DirecTV now and hate it.  I haven't tried the cancellation game with them yet.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, tonydead said:

Me too.  And I'm screwed because Comcast is my only option.  I loathe Comcast.

Same here, but internet only would be "$70 plus your speed tier"....and 150mps (or whatever the technical deal is) would be another $15.  So $85 before taxes, call it $90.  My all in triple play with them is $160 - that's with something like 150 channels, HD, and a voice activated DVR.  It's right on the edge of me wanting to cut....

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, matttyl said:

Same here, but internet only would be "$70 plus your speed tier"....and 150mps (or whatever the technical deal is) would be another $15.  So $85 before taxes, call it $90.  My all in triple play with them is $160 - that's with something like 150 channels, HD, and a voice activated DVR.  It's right on the edge of me wanting to cut....

I hear ya, but, I don't miss any shows and I'm for giving them as little money as possible.  Plus a lot of the exclusive content put out by Netflix, Hulu, Prime etc. is starting to become some of the best tv there is and you don't get any of that in your 150 channels.  When I had cable the 150 channels was really a handful of channels I watched and over a hundred I never did.

ETA: My month to month with Comcast is $74 all in for (last time I checked) 100Mbps.  It would be cheaper if I played the contract game, but, I don't play that.

Edited by tonydead
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/28/2018 at 0:49 PM, tonydead said:

Google, "reddit NFL Streams".  Take 30 seconds clicking around to find a working link.

or

VPN your IP address outside North America and you can get the full Gamepass from NFL.com.  It's going for around $150 and includes redzone, replay, NFL network, and all games no blackouts.  If you want all the games from just your team you can get that for $89.

Swriously. I do the reddit thing. Just found that stuff out last fall. Already have Redzone but with reddit I was able to watch all my Celtics games last season without buying League Pass. It's fantastic.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, arrow1 said:

Leaning toward this route also, except can't get passed the "DirecTV" portion here.  We have regular DirecTV now and hate it.  I haven't tried the cancellation game with them yet.

DTVNow is completely different I think. We’ve tried a few of the services and found this one to be easily the best for us. 

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites

Was really happy with YouTubeTV after switching over from SlingTV but Redzone isn't available there.

Did a free trial week to get  Sling and Redzone back for yesterday but need to come up with a better option to get RZ.

Would rather keep YouTubeTV but may have to switch back to SlingTV during football season.

I saw that Redzone is also available on Fubo TV, anyone have experience with that one?

ETA: Ugh, no ESPN on Fubo, never mind.

Edited by Lehigh98
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/7/2018 at 6:52 AM, Otis said:

DTVNow is completely different I think. We’ve tried a few of the services and found this one to be easily the best for us. 

We’ve been on DTVN for a few weeks now and love it. It’s like cable-lite. Only nit I’ve found is you can’t rewind live tv. The DVR has been excellent. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Gianni Verscotchie said:

I'm moving next month and would like to try to cut the cord and leave DirecTV behind. Picture quality is very important to me. I have six 4k TVs.

Which service has the best picture quality?

Is an antenna a service?

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Gianni Verscotchie said:

I'll definitely add an antenna to each, but that would be in addition to any streaming service if I go that route

There are no 4k streaming services right now.  There's a tiny handful of options on Netflix and Amazon.  AFIAK nobody is even bothering to record in 4k right now.  For the moment I would think 4k will have less adoption than 3D did.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, culdeus said:

There are no 4k streaming services right now.  There's a tiny handful of options on Netflix and Amazon.  AFIAK nobody is even bothering to record in 4k right now.  For the moment I would think 4k will have less adoption than 3D did.  

Well, we are recording a lot in 2k, 3k, and 4k, but most of it is at least a year away from entering the pipeline. Everything I make for Netflix requires a 4k delivery, but they're the only one that makes it a requirement. The broadcast networks don't want us giving them anything above 2k/HDTV. Same with almost all of the cable networks. 

Honestly, I don't think much of the country has the bandwidth for 4k, and might not for some time. Everyone seeing 2k/HD right now is getting it compressed. Even OTA gets compressed once it's in your house, either by a dvr or the TV itself. 4k is just so much bigger I don't know where you'd get content that looked that much better after all the compression.

(plus it's an expensive hassle to make, but that's just me) 

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

Has anyone tried onesteptv or a similar IPTV? 

I tried a search but couldn't find anything.  I'm new to cordcutting but thus far, the product seems far superior to DirecTV for only $25/month for 4 devices.

I was concerned about the legality but everything I could find said than there was nothing illegal about streaming IPTV.

I keep reading the fine print or waiting for a catch to pop up, but thus far, I haven't found anything.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Any way to negotiate with Spectrum? My internet only bill is about to go from $45 to $65/month. It's not terrible but wondering if there's anything I can do. Unfortunately it's the only option I have for internet in my area right now. I'm probably just going to end up eating it, right?

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/10/2018 at 6:11 PM, dorno said:

Depending on how many tv's you have going at the same time it may not matter. But in my limited experience Directv Now was better than Sling.

Simultaneous streams:

Sling (must get orange/Blue pkg to get the 4)-4

Directv Now-2

Hulu w/live tv-2

PlayStation Vue-5 but only 3 at first until?

YouTube Tv-3

So do your homework based on your usage vs picture quality. Also whichever streaming device you use will also be the judge on picture quality unless you have smart tv's then your good. The good thing you have though is each one offers a free trial, so give em all a trial to see which one you like the best.

Post six more times and I'm reporting your avatar.

Link to post
Share on other sites

So I was paying about $280 (that includes $72 a month just for equipment alone) for a Fios bundle which covered all the TVs, land line (never even hooked a phone to it) and internet. 

I finally said the hell with because the TVs in my house are almost NEVER being watched.  My daughter usually turns the TV on in every room that she's in and goes right to her laptop and phone never looking at the TV once.  It's just background noise. 

Now, $80 for Fios gigabite internet, $40 YouTube TV, Netflix $10.99 and Amazon $8 - so for now I'm at only $139 a month.  I didn't mind paying the $280 but it just seemed like it wasn't being used.  I like to go out to watch football and YouTube TV has NBA so that's covered.  The only shows I'm watching now are on YouTube TV (Mayan MC :gang2:) Amazon or Netflix.  

If I don't get sucked into buying a lot of a la carte apps this works well :shrug:   I'm on the fence about picking up HBO and Showtime again but haven't watched either in a long time when I had it.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

This may be a game changer for me, and many others here.  It's from Amazon - and if I'm understanding it correctly, you only have to hook an antenna into it - but you don't have to run a hard wire to each TV.  You just need a fire TV device at each, and you can wirelessly stream from this device anything that you've recorded over the air. 

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/19/2018 at 5:13 PM, BlueDredSo said:

Any way to negotiate with Spectrum? My internet only bill is about to go from $45 to $65/month. It's not terrible but wondering if there's anything I can do. Unfortunately it's the only option I have for internet in my area right now. I'm probably just going to end up eating it, right?

Spectrum offers a streaming service also (may not be available everywhere yet). Depending on the channels you are looking for, you can probably get a bundle rate with the internet service.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/10/2018 at 3:48 PM, Lehigh98 said:

Was really happy with YouTubeTV after switching over from SlingTV but Redzone isn't available there.

Did a free trial week to get  Sling and Redzone back for yesterday but need to come up with a better option to get RZ.

Would rather keep YouTubeTV but may have to switch back to SlingTV during football season.

I saw that Redzone is also available on Fubo TV, anyone have experience with that one?

ETA: Ugh, no ESPN on Fubo, never mind.

Red zone is available on PS Vue.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Phil Elliott said:

Spectrum offers a streaming service also (may not be available everywhere yet). Depending on the channels you are looking for, you can probably get a bundle rate with the internet service.

I've got the Spectrum streaming service. $25 a month and you get your local stations and choice of 10 channels. I've had it a little over a month. It's horribly unreliable though. App doesn't load at least once a night and trying to watch football games the picture is very poor quality at times. Seems like the problem has been going on for over a year now. From what I read they don't have the servers to handle the volume. Will be going back to Youtube live or Hulu

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, matttyl said:

This may be a game changer for me, and many others here.  It's from Amazon - and if I'm understanding it correctly, you only have to hook an antenna into it - but you don't have to run a hard wire to each TV.  You just need a fire TV device at each, and you can wirelessly stream from this device anything that you've recorded over the air. 

That could definitely change things. My Dish bill is way too big although it’s really nice. I need to figure out the bare minimum, especially the number of rooms. I’ve got too many TVs hooked up and part of it is the live TV. I bought and have setup most of the Firesticks.

I definitely will be getting this DVR and seeing how it does. I’m sure this will be on sale at some point around Christmas.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, matttyl said:

This may be a game changer for me, and many others here.  It's from Amazon - and if I'm understanding it correctly, you only have to hook an antenna into it - but you don't have to run a hard wire to each TV.  You just need a fire TV device at each, and you can wirelessly stream from this device anything that you've recorded over the air. 

this site is linked in the amazon page to check the signal you would get from each station....for me, most were pretty weak. Def check it out before investing in this. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, matttyl said:

This may be a game changer for me, and many others here.  It's from Amazon - and if I'm understanding it correctly, you only have to hook an antenna into it - but you don't have to run a hard wire to each TV.  You just need a fire TV device at each, and you can wirelessly stream from this device anything that you've recorded over the air. 

Saw that but currently using Hulu Live which has DVR capabilities, gives me most of the local stations and also most cable stations I'm interested in.

Update on me - have made the switch to an Obi200 for the phone - ported number from Uverse to T-Mobile to Google Voice. As am in the process of switching internet providers, have not completed setup of the Obi200. Only reason I had to port numbers etc. or even set up home service is because it makes my wife more comfortable as there can be spotty cell service at our house, and as we've had the number forever she wanted to keep it. Minor additional cost to port the number, but happy wife, happy life.

Going to Spectrum for Internet - tech comes next Friday so hopefully everything goes smoothly

Tested Hulu Live and it was simple enough and enjoyed it that I kept it so far past the free trial. Once we are fully set up (ie Uverse totally out, new internet up, etc.) I will search through the extra options that they have (I think I can get by with the 3 streams, but as we temporarily have additional family staying with us, I may pony up for the unlimited streams short term)

I'll go a bit rogue, but as my parents still have Uverse and the full package, I'll leverage their login to get HBO, Showtime, etc. as long as they have it.

Already have Netflix and Amazon Prime. Do not have enough hours in the day to keep up with all the shows I would like.

Complicating factor - a little over 5 years ago we had a fire in our house - had to be totally gutted, etc. Took advantage of that to wire the entire house with Cat5/Cat6, etc., speakers, et. al. Friend of ours owns a high end A/V company and hooked us up with a good deal on a whole home system that is way more than we needed, and quite frankly is too expensive for us to realistically maintain. But as everything is wired through it, need to keep at least a barebones system in place to leverage the surround sound in the living room and master bedroom and be able to play music throughout the house when we want to. So have their tech coming out same time as Spectrum to convert everything over to the new internet/wifi. I can't say I totally regret not just wiring each room independently, but if I had rather than centralizing through the system that really needs a professional to make updates/changes to programatically, the whole change over would be a lot easier.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/26/2018 at 4:35 PM, matttyl said:

This may be a game changer for me, and many others here.  It's from Amazon - and if I'm understanding it correctly, you only have to hook an antenna into it - but you don't have to run a hard wire to each TV.  You just need a fire TV device at each, and you can wirelessly stream from this device anything that you've recorded over the air. 

It's basically Tablo, which I got a couple years ago, but presumably a better/more user-friendly implementation.  

Tablo works well enough, but we never use it.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/26/2018 at 6:29 PM, Phil Elliott said:

Spectrum offers a streaming service also (may not be available everywhere yet). Depending on the channels you are looking for, you can probably get a bundle rate with the internet service.

I'm internet only right now. I have gotten those flyers/cards with the $21.99/month deal for the 20 channels or whatever. We considered it, but honestly we really just don't need more than what we have right now - antenna, Netflix, HBO, Showtime, Amazon, Hulu (3 of which we may or may not be "borrowing")

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

So, Spectrum coming on Friday to do the setup for Internet - getting the 400MB Internet.

 

Safe to go with their modem (have been told with the 400MB theirs is ok)? If not, what modem and router do those of you that have done this suggest?

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/2/2018 at 11:00 AM, acarey50 said:

So, Spectrum coming on Friday to do the setup for Internet - getting the 400MB Internet.

 

Safe to go with their modem (have been told with the 400MB theirs is ok)? If not, what modem and router do those of you that have done this suggest?

Not sure if you can still get a discount on the bill if you buy your own modem but if you can I'd look into that.  You need to make sure it's a model # on an approved list though. I used to save $10 a month doing this, not sure if they still do it or not.

I have a Nighthawk R7000 router and it works pretty well. There are a couple spots in my house that are weaker than the rest (on the complete opposite side of the house) but it does pretty well overall... even outside. 

If you have a larger house you could look into a mesh system to keep a consistent signal, I've heard good things about the Google wifi setup for that but I haven't personally tested it.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, KiddLattimer said:

Not sure if you can still get a discount on the bill if you buy your own modem but if you can I'd look into that.  You need to make sure it's a model # on an approved list though. I used to save $10 a month doing this, not sure if they still do it or not.

I have a Nighthawk R7000 router and it works pretty well. There are a couple spots in my house that are weaker than the rest (on the complete opposite side of the house) but it does pretty well overall... even outside. 

If you have a larger house you could look into a mesh system to keep a consistent signal, I've heard good things about the Google wifi setup for that but I haven't personally tested it.

My bill doesn't even break it down at all. Internet service - $64.99. Wondering about the discount on the modem if I get my own...

I have Google WiFi and it works great. There are very few instances where I have less than full connection on any device and I can even get pretty good connection when I'm outside. Totally worth it and really easy to set up. The app is really user friendly too as far as testing speed, mesh connection, etc.

Link to post
Share on other sites

And we are done--

Canceled all Uverse service, just have to return the equipment which I'll do tonight or tomorrow.

Went with Spectrum 400MB plan - $65/month - speed test shows that it's coming into the house at over 450MB

Got an Obi200 that I've setup with Google voice as the wife wanted to keep the home line - this involved porting the number from A&T to a T-Mobile account, and then to Google Voice. Right around $30 and a little time for that process.

Already had Netflix and Amazon Prime - have added Hulu live - so far so good, but with the number of people in our house at the moment, I may have to upgrade to the unlimited streams plan, at least for the short term.

Now I just wonder why I did not do this sooner. Saving over $100/month which will pay off the extra equipment I bout in short order (2 Apple TVs and the Obi200)

  • Like 2
  • Love 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Update for me:

Called to cancel Directv today. I was connected to a loyalty representative who offered to give us a credit of $60/month and upgrade our equipment which apparently is outdated.  (I'm only getting 480p on the receiver and I can't get it to change).  He offered the ST, but that's not a huge deal for me so I declined.  Our bill still would have been around $70/month.  We went with Directv Now and it has been going well on the $40/month plan.  

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...

What are people using for a NAS? I am not cutting cable, but am looking for something to store all of my Media so that it is more accessible by the family. One of my kids is moving away from Apple that the rest of the family has, so I need to have something more generic, therefore I am looking at PLEX for the media.

My thought is to store the media (and other stuff) on a NAS that can run as a Plex server, and if that can't handle the transcoding I will later get something like a Mac Mini that can perform those tasks sufficiently.

I have been looking at a QNAP TS-415+ and a Synology 918+. Anyone have any experience with those, or something like them.

TIA!

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/23/2018 at 10:47 AM, Mr. Ected said:

What are people using for a NAS? I am not cutting cable, but am looking for something to store all of my Media so that it is more accessible by the family. One of my kids is moving away from Apple that the rest of the family has, so I need to have something more generic, therefore I am looking at PLEX for the media.

My thought is to store the media (and other stuff) on a NAS that can run as a Plex server, and if that can't handle the transcoding I will later get something like a Mac Mini that can perform those tasks sufficiently.

I have been looking at a QNAP TS-415+ and a Synology 918+. Anyone have any experience with those, or something like them.

TIA!

Windows Storage Spaces.  Especially if you have an extra or old PC lying around.  Simple to set up router to wake and allow remote access while at work or traveling.

ETA: Ooops, seen that you're Apple, never mind and good luck.

 

Edited by tonydead
Link to post
Share on other sites

Looking like more options available for cloud DVR and Hulu Live seems to be a great option.  $40 per month, add $15 for 200 hours of cloud dvr.  Can record anything other than like ESPN/disney stuff it seems?  No real way to record that at this point.

But have that plus NFL game pass seems like a great option to direct + sunday ticket.

Doing the free week trial of it now to see how the family likes it.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...